[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, don't get me wrong, I'm all for LGBT+ inclusivity,.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: lokending.png (218KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
lokending.png
218KB, 640x360px
Ok, don't get me wrong, I'm all for LGBT+ inclusivity,.

But I'm trying to support the ending to Legend of Korra, but I really can't, am I missing something that Korrasami shippers caught onto?

>inb4 bait
>>
>>89815789
Nickelodeon-fucked-our-budget-and-we-need-free-publicity the move
>>
>>89815869
did Byrke really do it to get Awards?
>>
File: Korrasami flirt.gif (2MB, 498x281px) Image search: [Google]
Korrasami flirt.gif
2MB, 498x281px
>>89815789
They had been flirting since the beginning of Book 3. And the relationship had only just started at the end of the series; it's not like they got married at the finale. I think it was built up decently well. Except for Makorra shippers. They were blindsided.
>>
File: 1417750295629.jpg (48KB, 500x395px) Image search: [Google]
1417750295629.jpg
48KB, 500x395px
No, it was just stupid. Mike and Bryan are just idiots.

They did a Lucas. They were only a small part of the success of ATLA, but took too much credit and thought this time they could do just as well with a tiny crew and total creative control.

>tfw Mike and Brian didn't write any of Iroh's story arch and intended for him to be an insignificant background character
>>
File: pDA6Dlm by Beroberos.tumblr.jpg (262KB, 1300x1366px) Image search: [Google]
pDA6Dlm by Beroberos.tumblr.jpg
262KB, 1300x1366px
>>
>>89815789
I don't really get how you end up with the person who ended up cucking you twice just because you exchanged some letters.

I shipped Korrasami during 1st season, but after all the shit that went through, I don't really find that ending to be good. IMO, Bryke might have planned this ship, but were too cowards to even go beyond some ambiguous finale.
>>
>>89815789
it was a blatent attempt to make people forget how bad the show was.
>>
>>89815789
You can't defend it because instead of actual story telling and saying on screen that they are lesbians. The writers did a cop out, to avoid criticism for the rest of the show.

Just take out the ending scene and show the full series to some one new to LoK. They won't be able to tell Korra is supposed to be a lesbian.
>>
The scientist guy and that woman who did everything for him were more believable than this crap ship.

I know their names. just no clue how to spell them.
>>
>>89815789
The creators wanted to do the ship but were too chicken to actually DO the ship until the last minute. As a result all of Korra and Asami's relationship development was just showing them being friends and not being attracted to one another.
>>
File: tumblr_nzko39gaXT1tl5boeo1_540.jpg (289KB, 540x721px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzko39gaXT1tl5boeo1_540.jpg
289KB, 540x721px
>>89818788
It'd need some serious retconning to work.

à la Asami was gay all along but in denial and she was dating Mako to keep him away from Korra or some such shit.

I do however feel like Korrasami only really gets started in the final moments of the show. So it's weird to judge something that barely exists to begin with.

Guess we'll need the comics to form an actual substantial opinion about whether that shit is feasible or not.

In the meantime I'll just enjoy the ship for purely shallow, aesthetic reasons.
>>
>>89815789

Holy shit do we really need this thread every week?

No, it wasn't as well developed as it could have been probably a combination of them deciding to do it partway through writing book 3 and because couldn't explicitly build up a dyke relationship on nick. They got to have their cake and eat it too by leaving the ending ambiguous and just saying they were together afterward.

Who knows why they did it, probably to win back a lot of the tumbr crowd and cement some sort of legacy for themselves despite the show being, to put it gently, very underwhelming compared to AtLA. Besides that they burned the bridges on any other romantic pairing for Korra.
>>
I bet you also didn't pick up on the gay hints Dumbledore was dropping.
Because they weren't fucking there, y'know?
It was a cheap attempt to add some merit to a failed project, to save their asses and make it impervious to critique by pulling the progressiveness card. This wasn't planned and it wouldn't have gone through during the actual run, so they shoved in something ambiguous last second and then stated "facts" afterwards.
If you actually want to write a relationship of any kind, just fucking do it and don't make up shit after the fact.
>>
Spousal abuse when?
>>
The ending existed for one reason and one reason only: so that people would talk about this show after it was over, rather than have it be immediately forgotten the way action cartoons with poor writing and a few good action scenes tend to do.

No one can seriously affix the qualifier "progressive" to a plot that clips the wings of their strong female protagonist through means of a juvenile torture fantasy rather than through the sprawling landscape of potential "coming of age" quagmires that were available to them.
>>
>>89815789

there was literally no buildup to it except for the random blushing that happened once or twice.

A Makorra ship would have made much more sense due to their history and their character developments. Getting back together after all that has happened could have worked because they had both matured and changed as people.

But Asami has always just been a friend, and was never portrayed in any other way. So when it comes out of nowhere like it did in the finale, it leaves the show with a feeling of "why bother?"
>>
They spent the 4th season having them flirt to there was a least a little bit of build up. Could have been done much better, at least they had more chemistry than Korra with anybody else.

Personally I would have prefered if she ended up with no one but they needed to make it mirror the end of AtLA I guess. I'm still reasonably happy with the ending we got.
>>
I mean it's not like they ended the show with a 25 minute fingerbanin session. It was way more ambiguous then you people treat it, as.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.