[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>When filthy casuals are like "Dr. Manhattan could beat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: supermanmonarch.jpg (568KB, 1280x1374px) Image search: [Google]
supermanmonarch.jpg
568KB, 1280x1374px
>When filthy casuals are like "Dr. Manhattan could beat Superman" and you're just like "But Superman beat 52 Captain Atoms, at once"
>>
>>89787855
Plot armor.

Manhattan just need to think to explode Super.
>>
Isn't Dr. Manhattan like extra dimensional or whatever, like isn't he beyond monitors and stuff.
>>
>>89788518
No he is not, fuck off Johns.

>>89787855
I don't believe Manhattan can beat superman.
Captain Atom as elemental quantum or monarch are in a whole other level.

The elemental quantum comes from an era that also gave us Elemental Firestorm, when the Endless were being developed and Parralax wasnt a stupid space bug.

That version of monarch is the endgame of a captain atom that had busted like 2-3 universes. It was top tier, specially when you remember that superboy prime was EXTREMELY juiced up and still fucked up. I hope that OP isnt stupid enought to believe Prime won that fight, Monarch dominated and mocked prime during the entire fight, and Prime ended up powerless, almost dead after that stunt.
>>
>>89787855
Making him able to beat literally anyone no matter how godly isn't going to endear anyone to Superman any more than it already has. People think he's boring because of this.
>>
Superman is made out of matter so yes, Dr Manhattan could defeat/kill him with virtually no exertion. This conclusion is moot however, because Dr Manhattan is a pretty nice guy.
>>
>>89788835
By this logic, firestorm > all heroes ever
>>
>>89788835
>because Dr Manhattan is a pretty nice guy

He's also no more intellectually capable than a somewhat above average human (though he has the advantage of greater perception) meaning he can be manipulated into action or inaction.
>>
>>89788951
He was already a doctor while he was a human and becoming intrinsic allowed him to become incredibly intelligent. When you say manipulated into action or inaction i'd say he isn't any more susceptible to that than superman besides the fact that he's far less moral because his humanity is decaying as he becomes more objective. But yeah if superman and dr manhattan were in a room together and wanted to kill each other for whatever reason dr manhattan would be able to just disssemble superman, i don't see why he wouldn't be able to but if there is a reason i'd like to hear it.
>>
>>89789157
>becoming intrinsic allowed him to become incredibly intelligent

Veidt played him like a fiddle. The way I'd put it is that Manhattan is able to do more comprehensive research and effect his ideas more quickly but his powers of reasoning are no better than when he was human. Worse still, his nigh-unassailable power has rendered him arrogant.
>>
>>89787855
In the picture:

Monarch won
Superman is nowhere to be seen
>>
>>89787855

Silver Surfer could beat Superman.

Infact, his entire powerset is a hard counter to Superman.
>>
>>89789299
It's easy as hell to murder SS, you just find Galactacus and murder his giant ass.
>>
>>89789299
>Infact, his entire powerset is a hard counter to Superman.

Not really, Only the energy manipulation.

SS has no way to win if he acts as a retard and just blast superman... As he usually do
>>
>>89789256
All Veidt did was operate out of his perception and arrogantly thought he'd be able to kill Manhattan like a dumbass. We're talking about a fistfight here between Superman and Manhattan right? Cause you could write a story to attain any conclusion from this scenario you want and i'm sure if they did they'd have Superman win somehow because muh superman (and i'm fine with that) but if superman and manhattan were in a mano y mano situation, manhattan could just turn him off.
>>
>>89789346
>Murder a guy who beat everything Darkseid and Apokalypse could throw at him
>Murder a guy who is immune to an attack that target's the victim's weaknesses because he has none.
>>
I'm glad OP brought up the Monarch because I'm wondering if they were going to tie Manhattan in with him or not.

(Frankly I think this Watchmen tie-in plot is dumb.)
>>
>>89789530
They never tried a wooden gun, nothing can beat a wooden gun.
>>
File: i accept your apology.jpg (13KB, 207x120px) Image search: [Google]
i accept your apology.jpg
13KB, 207x120px
>>89787855
>when you don't give a shit about power levels and shipping
Grow up, maybe?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.