[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what happened? and when did it happen? it used to be so good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

File: RVdlq.jpg (202KB, 800x1000px)
RVdlq.jpg
202KB, 800x1000px
what happened?
and when did it happen?
it used to be so good and now its fucking trash

I cant tell when it happened but its getting so much worse by every episode
>>
>>89769404
This video should answer all of your questions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLbyjaF8Cyc
>>
>>89769480
That video implies it was trash from the beginning.
>>
>>89769404
It's been trash for a long while. Like, a REALLY long while.

I gave up back when Finn lost his arm and got it back five episodes later. I'm actually surprised Finn's arm didn't grow back when he lost it the second time. But it's only a matter of time before it happens again.

But I would go far as to say it's been shit since PB got de-aged then they had her get aged back up in the next fucking episode.
>>
>>89769480
Except the show went to shit when it focused on other characters and Sugar did more harm than good.
>>
>>89769404
You grew up and realized AT wasn't for mature audiences.
>>
>>89769645
I can assure you I havent grown up yet
>>
>>89769624
It wasnt her fault that the faggots couldnt live up to her.

This said, OP is a fag, Islands was fucking great.
>>
>>89769578
Season 3 was shit? That's a new one.
>>
>>89769718
I have a strong hateboner for writers not staying committed to a change in status quo. They may as well have given PB amnesia for those two episodes.
>>
>>89769712
And it wasn't Penward's fault that the faggots couldn't live up to his work. AT was a mistake.
>>
>>89769793
Apparently they didn't know if they were going to get renewed. Young PB was a mistake in hindsight though, I'm happy they didn't commit to it. They just shouldn't have done it in the first place.
>>
File: 1450232348247.png (194KB, 372x447px)
1450232348247.png
194KB, 372x447px
>>89769404
AT died when Tumblr started writing the show.
i.e. Season 3.
>>
>>89769578
na
it was different and it lost a lot of charm but it was still good, there were still plenty of good episodes
season 3 was great

now its fucking dumb. it has always been random but now it feels out of place, like they fucking forgot how to be funny and everything is boring and uninteresting

pendleton ward shouldve never quit the show, neither shouldve sugar
without her marceline isnt the same, plus her songs were great
>>
>>89769915
I must be one of the few who likes both classic and modern adventure time. It's not worse per se, just different.

What season are you on btw?
>>
>>89769404
It's almost incomprehensible to believe that Marceline had a personality outside of blatant lesbian
>>
>>89770147
They just stopped putting her in episodes. For shame.
>>
>>89770034
8, episode 6

it got worse in season 6 and its much worse now
>>
>>89770329
you have the worst opinions imaginable if you think season 7/8 aren't leagues above 6 guy
>>
>>89770329
Oh. You may as well push onward to Islands, but you might not even enjoy that. I really liked season 7 and 8 so I can't relate. If you don't like Islands then I say just drop it.
>>
>>89769480
>faggot who does nothing but suck Sugar's dick just because it's trendy to do so
Why would I ever listen to what Jello had to say about anything
>>
>>89770429
>>89770388
so far 8 is shit
the islands mini series first episode looks pretty cool tho, Im liking it so far
7 is better than 6 but 8 is much worse so far
I stopped liking AT as soon as they explained everything, its not the same
>>
How could the writers that brought us the Escape from the Citadel write Orgalorg? Such a not threatening,non menacing deity with a nasal voice like a 15 year old nerd. That finale gets way less shit that it deserves. I used to be the guy that enjoyed Xylophone episodes but after that finale I saw through the shit retrospectively.
>>
>>89770593
she was great on AT and steven universe its pretty good
except when she goes full retarded with the feminist shit and retarded plots
some episodes feel like they were made for 5 year olds, to brain wash them into becoming feminists

remember the race episode? holy shit that was fucking retarded and toxic
>>
>>89770684
She is mostly good but people jerk her off to an insane level.
Especially with AT, everyone says that the show went to shit when she left while apparently not realizing that she at most worked on like 20 episodes. Just people parroting what others have said.
>>
>>89770876
she did great things on AT tho
every song in AT was made by her, or at least the good ones
even dumb ones like bacon pancakes are great
>>
>>89770610
I thought the premiere could've been better. But I enjoyed Wheels, High Strangeness and Jelly Beans have Power a lot. I even liked Horse and Ball for what it was.
>>
>>89771058
But she is also the reason Marceline changed from cool sister to emotional les
>>
>>89770997
true but the songs were never the highpoint of the show
plus sugar had fuck all to do with the forever best AT song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On-J1Zqei0I
>>
>>89770684
>she was great on AT
She led it up to the death knoll from which it's only now escaped. Sugar is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>89771248
>Made some of the best episodes
>faggots didnt knew what to do after and tried to copy her
>this somehow is her fault
>>
>>89771368
>show would have been better had she not been involved
>good for the show
>>
the show just didn't have a very consistent direction due to the producers not committing to either random vignettes or slow characterized growth

it never got bad

besides it seems to have found its footing again
>>
File: 1481820682355.jpg (138KB, 1427x802px)
1481820682355.jpg
138KB, 1427x802px
>>89769712
>It wasnt her fault that the faggots couldnt live up to her.
>>
>>89770610
>so far 8 is shit

(you)
>>
>>89769493
I mean he's not wrong.
>>
File: index.jpg (4KB, 91x91px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4KB, 91x91px
>>89770147
thats one sexy spoon!
>>
>>89772279
It baffles me why he'd watch 5 seasons of a show he hates.
>>
Every season is good. There's bad episodes in every season and it's kind of a bummer that the songs aren't as good as they used to be but it's still a great show.

I'm actually glad the show changed so much. 200 episodes of the same stuff that was in the first two seasons would have gotten really fucking old.
>>
>>89772417
probably so he can ward off the accusations of "you just need to watch more of it" I guess
>>
>>89772156
it was
islands was pretty good, I really liked it

season 8 is not that bad
>>
>>89769884
Underrated post. The moment shippers started writing the show it became crap.
>>
>>89773340
Blame sugar then.
>>
>>89772439
I disagree. Season seven was fucking terrible. I watched the whole thing once and the first half twice and I can't remember any particular plots besides the Super Plorp episode, the ending and the fact that Stakes happened.

Season eight is significantly better, but still not that great.
>>
Don't worry anons we still got best girl
>>
It's great you're just a faggot with shit taste
>>
>>89769578
Mid season 4 was the turning point, the dungeon episode was the last enjoyable episode and then I dropped it around Jake suit or Fire and Ice
>>
>>89774473
>the dungeon episode was the last enjoyable episode

c'mon anon, that's hyperbolic and you know it.
>>
>>89774473
respect the tastes
>>
>>89775371
MOAR
>>
>>89769404
oh hey, someone's using my ar-
fuck, it's this thread again
the show is fine. it's just that having 5 seasons nonstop with no hiatus meant that hwen we finally DID get a normal hiatus, after several aborted plot threads and crew shakeups, the fandom excitement ground to a screeching halt
>>
>>89769915
He didn't quit the show
you're right though everyone should have stayed on the crew to the end. would it have killed them? after it was over they could have done their little pet projects and had them greenlit in a trice
>>
>>89769404
Except season 7 was the best season so far.
>>
>>89774410
>>89775371
More?
>>
I wish Martin had more time in the show.
>>
>>89780241
I'm hoping we get an episode showing what happened in the interim from when he left to Escape from the Citadel.
>>
>>89780259
No we won't and you're a fool for thinking that
>>
>>89780381
Key word, 'hoping.' Not everyone is a gloom-ridden sad sack like you.
>>
>>89777179
Islands was great, but Horse Ball, Jellybeans have power and that TT ep were pretty bad.
I watched them about half way until I couldn't take it any more and stopped.
>>
>>89781209
Those are season 8 episodes.

Also JBHP and High Strangeness were great eps you pleb
>>
>>89771248
death knell, anon
>>
>>89769404
>it used to be so good and now its fucking trash
You could tell just from season 1 that AT was a bipolar mess - the product of a manchild who flip flops from manic whimsy to depressed brooding.
>>
>>89769404
>AT IS SHIT
>IT USED TO BE SO GOOD
>WHEN DID IT ALL GO DOWNHILL

I'm still enjoying every minute of it.
>>
>>89782441
Its fine that you still enjoy it, you can like anything regardless of quality. Just keep in mind that that thing might not be "good". Like, 47 Robin technically wasn't good, and I still enjoyed it. It's all about personal taste versus the taste of the times.
>>
>>89783036
*Ronin
>>
>>89783036
I'd argue that there is very little "objectively" wrong with modern adventure time as a whole though. In my opinion, people's distaste for adventure time is almost wholly subjective and not indicative of the show's actual quality at all, as it accomplishes everything it sets out to.
>>
>>89783148
Of course. Most criticism come from an objective standpoint, that's the great thing about critical observations and perspectives. I feel like, with all shows, the big shifts in the production staff would make people observe a decline in quality.

Me, I think that the show HAS gone downhill around the time Finn lost his arm and got it back. Maybe it was the changes in writing staff, or the influx of VAs that are horrible people irl, but if you think that the series still sticks to its guns, then more power to you.
>>
>>89785675
>the big shifts in the production staff would make people observe a decline in quality.

Did the writing staff change much though? The episode you're referring to was written by Muto, Pendleton, Burch, Osborne and storyboarded by Moynihan who have worked on adventure time for years.
>>
>>89769404
MUH LESS BEANS!
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.