[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else remember watching Recess as a kid and feeling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Recess_poster_toon.jpg (53KB, 354x451px) Image search: [Google]
Recess_poster_toon.jpg
53KB, 354x451px
Does anyone else remember watching Recess as a kid and feeling disappointed when you realized that school wasn't ever actually going to be cool and adventurous like it was in the show?
>>
File: 84424.jpg (40KB, 478x357px) Image search: [Google]
84424.jpg
40KB, 478x357px
>>
Makes me feel depressed in hindsight. I spent my youth afraid and alone, and then wasted my teens on this imageboard.
>>
>>89763966
Recess is dope. Disney had a ton of great shit.
>>
>>89763966
Well... Recess was my favorite show on One Saturday Morning, actually... I can't remember any of the other shows except for 'Manny the Uncanny' and 'Great Minds'.

But, I always ended up wondering what the realities of a mundane school would do to the cast as opposed to being disappointed that my school wasn't like theirs.
>>
>>89767086

Aye. Im in my mid 20s and in the midst of trying to make up for it now that I've built some confidence.

I look young so I can get away with some of that shit. But Im embarrassed to admit my age sometimes when Im doing teenage type shit.
>>
>>89763966
>Does anyone else remember watching Recess as a kid and feeling disappointed
Yeah.
>>
>>89767086
>>89769355
This.

I hated Recess as a kid because I didn't have any friends to go on adventures with. I can enjoy it now that I have friends at least.
And at least I'm still in my early 20s so I don't feel like a complete manchild when I fuck around at a toystore or something.
>>
>>89763966
Loved this show
>>
>>89769729
They say the true test of adulthood is hearing the William Tell Overture and not thinking of the Lone Ranger.

I say the true test of adulthood is seeing lightsabers in the toy aisle and not playing with them. And it is a test I hope to never pass.
>>
File: obama.jpg (71KB, 488x750px) Image search: [Google]
obama.jpg
71KB, 488x750px
>Be 13
>We have a week dedicated to taking Terranova tests (standardized tests that determine whether your school is sufficiently meeting qualifications for money or whatever)
>These days are 2 1/2 hours shorter than regular school days so there is no cafeteria open
>My grandma gives me this huge cooler full of sandwiches, potato chips, cookies, chocolates
>My first class has a break, and I break out this cooler
>Selling pop-tarts for like 50 cents, chips for 50 cents, sandwiches for a dollar, cookies for 25 cents, chocolate bars for 75 cents
>First day I make 25 bucks
>Word spreads
>Next couple of days, teachers tell kids from other classes come to my class
>Made 180 dollars in one week

I felt the rush that Hustler kid felt. I was never confronted for it either. God that was amazing.
>>
File: 2mTxc6B.jpg (6KB, 142x142px) Image search: [Google]
2mTxc6B.jpg
6KB, 142x142px
>>89771074
>Terranova tests
Oh shit nigger I remember those.

I had to take one in 3rd or 4th grade that was full of horribly worded questions. A lot of kids bombed it and the principal made us stay and keep retaking it until we got passing grades.
>>
Yes but then I turned into an old man watching Hogan's Heroes reruns and had just as much fun.
>>
>>89770736
at least until you get old enough to stop giving a fuck and start playing with them again

my dad is like 60 and he still swings the lightsabers and pushes every button on every toy in the aisle for shits and giggs
>>
>>89771398

Yeah man, FUCK terranova testing.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.