[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's be real, regardless of whether who's funnier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: Mickey-mouse-bugs-bunny-113.jpg (41KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Mickey-mouse-bugs-bunny-113.jpg
41KB, 640x360px
Let's be real, regardless of whether who's funnier or who's smarter any conflict between these two will end up with Mickey winning somehow.
>>
>>89745250
Absolutely no doubt in my mind.

Toon formula dictates the cute and/or naive type almost always gets the better of the mean or scheming type. This is especially true of a sickeningly wholesome character like Mickey's current iteration.

I can't imagine a scenario where Mickey plays the part of the aggressor, and I don't see the gag in having Bugs pick on him without ever getting his comeuppance. I guess maybe some sort of corruption angle but even then, there's no way that wouldn't come back to bite Bugs in the ass.

So the best I can think of is they both lose.
>>
>>89745250
Here's how this'd play out:

After an entire short of Bugs trying to get the better of Mickey with Mickey always somehow avoiding consequence through what appears to be dumb luck, Bugs gets frustrated and either tries something bigger that backfires or despairs and gives up. Mickey helps Bugs out of his jam and the two seem to be on friendly terms. Then in the very last scene, Mickey gets the better of Bugs somehow and ends it with the line, "Ain't I a stinker?" *giggle*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3bbsDJWlXQ
>>
Bugs' powers are karma-based. Mickey would really have to fuck him over before Bugs would be able to go all-out.
>>
>>89745777
So Ghandi is Bugs' stand?
>>
>>89745250
So... art imitates life?
>>
File: [KARUMA CHAMEREONU].jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
[KARUMA CHAMEREONU].jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>89745952
Nah. Boy George.
>>
>>89745985
Not at all in this case. Good guys don't always win by virtue of being good alone. Anyone that tells you that is pitching you some kind of sappy self help book, I'd wager.
>>
>>89745985
Wait you were probably speaking more along the lines of Disney vs. Warner Bros. In which case, yeah.
>>
>>89745250
>Mickey: Lawfull good
>Bugs: Chaotic good

By the logic of cartoons Lawfull good must outsmart chaotic good to set a good example and it makes people faill to his side
>>
>>89745469
Or neither would even be in a situation where they'd battle to begin with. A crossover would probably be the typical "third party starts shit between the two, they fight out of a misunderstanding, then once they realize what's going on they'd team up to take down the common enemy".

Now Mickey vs Daffy, now THAT would be a sight to behold. Mickey would still win, but it would be clear from the start since Daffy is meant to start shit and Mickey would have to go through hell to defeat him.
>>
>>89746104
Yeah, that was what I was going for.
>>
>>89746416
>since Daffy is meant to start shit and Mickey would have to go through hell to defeat him
Depends on the incarnation. Early crazy Daffy would be hell yes, but Chuck Jones greedy Daffy always loses spectacularly from beginning to end.
>>
>>89746498

What if Jones Daffy teamed up with Donald against Mickey? Donald is usually a decent dude but his morals tend to go right the fucking window when he wants to get one over on Mickey so the clusterfuck might be interesting.
>>
File: 1356461190037.jpg (27KB, 411x225px) Image search: [Google]
1356461190037.jpg
27KB, 411x225px
bugs in drag > mickey = bugs
>>
>>89746416
Bugs does start shit sometimes. Like against the turtle or the gremlin I think. But yeah, I see where you're coming from. That's also a common way to approach a crossover.

>>89746633
I think Daffy and Donald would both wind up losing, with Donald eventually losing his shit and turning on Daffy.
>>
>>89746927

But Bugs in drag only wins if Mickey did something bad to him which he would never do in the first place.

Actually if Bugs resorted to drag to get one over on Mickey I can see it backfiring spectacularly because he's head over heels for Minnie and definitely not the type with wandering eyes.

It'd probably play out with Bugs getting the idea to try his old standby to fuck Mickey over with Mickey blatantly ignoring/ trying to avoid his attentions out of discomfort. This only makes Bugs angrier and more determined because he'd probably get offended that Mickey doesn't think he's hot, but ultimately after a while Minnie will probably arrive on the scene and beat the shit out of Bugs for being a tramp and trying to get her man.
>>
>>89747374
True, he starts shit sometimes, but it was very rarely and eventually phased out once his character was more established. He needs to retaliate out of self-defense because his personality is too aggressive otherwise. He'd end up suffering from Screwy Squirrel syndrome. There's a reason those very shorts are widely considered to be the worst of Bugs' shorts

>>89746633
Numbers are meaningless against Toon Force that has the high ground. Mickey would still win, especially since both have extremely short tempers and would probably end up fighting each other after long enough.
>>
>>89745469
Pretty much every cartoon where Bug's is the aggressor towards another character, Bug's gets his shit kicked in (Gremlin and the Tortoise shorts for example) Plus Bugs is a trickster character, where as Mickey is a heroic character, so Mickey will always come out on top.
>>
I like this thread
>>
>>89749221
Yeah, that's the way I see it, too.
>>
File: bugsElmer2.png (513KB, 707x531px) Image search: [Google]
bugsElmer2.png
513KB, 707x531px
>>89749256
>>
>>89746498
Early crazy Daffy vs Early rage machine Donald
>>
>>89745250
>Mouse has an 89% chance of winning

Uh huh.
>>
>>89749343
Daffy wins. Even if Donald's rage destroyed the Earth, as Donald sat seething on the last space rock in the void, Daffy would pop out from behind a star and give him a big smooch.

That's all folks!
>>
>>89749221
That's a pretty good way to put it.
>>
>>89749718

Agreed but normal Donald would either win or tie with Jones's Daffy I think.
>>
>>89750037

*win against
>>
>>89749343
Whoever wins, we all lose.
>>
>>89745250
Only because he lies and cheats like a Constantine.
>>
>>89749221

Chuck Jones said this himself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHpXle4NqWI&t=5m43s

Didn't feel like tracking down the interview proper, but if you aren't aware of Every Frame a Painting you should be.
>>
>>89749718
>Creation is destroyed
>All that remains is the white void of nothingness and a furious Donald
>Disheveled, Daffy walks up, replaces his beak to the proper position and utters
>"You're Dephpicable"
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.