[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Starman Jack Knight the only character in the big 2 who will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Starman_modernage.jpg (42KB, 300x425px) Image search: [Google]
Starman_modernage.jpg
42KB, 300x425px
Is Starman Jack Knight the only character in the big 2 who will not sell out.

James Robinson has a deal with DC that they can't use him with out his consent so they cant hand him off to another writer to ruin.
>>
>>89728829
A few years ago DC was trying to get this Starman show off the ground.

It was actually a reality show about amateur filmmakers competing to make a Starman short. It fell through but always wondered if Robinson would have allowed some to try their hand at Jack
>>
>>89728829
Him and Tommy Monaghan are about it, yeah
>>
>>89728960
Linda Danvers And Adrian Chase Vigilante.
>>
>>89728949
Apparently is the early 2000's, they were looking at making a television show about this.
>>
>>89728980
Nobody cares about Linda when Kara is around and Chase was on Arrow and in the recent half cancelled Vigilante mini
>>
Thank christ. Jack and Mar-Vell are two characters who deserve to stay dead.
>>
>>89729005
So that's two shots that the Starman brand has missed.

Wonder if they ever bring the concept back off the shelf if it'll work out this time.
>>
>>89729005
Birds Of Prey cancellation killed the show.
>>
>>89729013
>dead

I mean gone. Jack isn't dead but his story was completed.
>>
>>89729011
Chase still dead. That was Donald Fairchild.
>>
He was a part of DC's creator-participation deal of the 90s (a term I encountered in CBR).
Starman
Hitman
Aztek
Major Bummer (now currently published by Dark Horse)
Probably something else too -- maybe the second Chronos?
>>
>>89728829

Jack Knight is interesting, because he was never really an especially notable superhero. The story never exactly focused on him becoming an A-Lister: Starman is basically as powerful as Alan Scott, but Jack wasn't really interested in that and didn't do anything particularly notable with the Rod.

It's strange how Jack - who is a hipster - is way less annoying and more toned-down than hipsters now. The Shade kind of took over the book, eventually, to the point where Jack's almost incidental to final battle.

The comic's great because of Opal's fantastic Art Deco setting. (Well, the year they spent in space wasn't very good, though Adam Strange had a few good moments.)

I still think that the very first arc of Starman is the best legacy hero origin of all time. It's just amazing - It's too bad the rest of the comic didn't quite follow up on it in the way you'd expect. (Sadie is also a fairly terrible love interest.)
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.