[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do you think this show stands among all the other TF shows?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 16

File: TransformersPrimePremierePoster.jpg (86KB, 720x548px) Image search: [Google]
TransformersPrimePremierePoster.jpg
86KB, 720x548px
Where do you think this show stands among all the other TF shows? Also, Transformers thread
>>
It's basically trying to mesh G1 with the Bay movies. It works well in some parts and awful in others.

The humans are unbearable, worse than Armada's.

RiD is much, much worse though.
>>
Wasted Potential: The Series
>>
look I rag on Prime pretty fuckin hard but it ain't even close to the bottom of the barrel
>>
File: 1463589455634.png (635KB, 700x1173px) Image search: [Google]
1463589455634.png
635KB, 700x1173px
>>
>>89722461
transfags are really lucky that the sonic fandom is around to top their autism
>>
>>89722321
Not as good as Animated or BW but still pretty good. The characters are definitely it's strength.

>>89722359
>The humans are unbearable, worse than Armada's.
This is a dumb post.
>>
>>89722520
Reminder that Chris-Chan is a Transformers fan.
>>
>>89723056
Is there ANYTHING Chris-Chan isn't a fan of?
>>
>>89723155
Pickles
>>
>>89722321
As good as they come, overall.
Beast wars is the only challenger but the worst of beast wars is far worse than the worst of prime.
>>
>>89723155
Going to a see a doctor for an infected wound.
>>
Of the best 3 shows it's probably the most consistently good. If you can't stand the kids then fair enough.

Bad prime > bad animated > bad beast wars
Average prime = average animated > average beast wars
Good beast wars > good animated > good prime
>>
>>89723204
>>89723291
Kek
>>
This is the closest thing to a general at the moment. So can anyone tell me is Sarah Stone does ANYTHING for transformers anymore? I really liked her art style when it came to the eyes. And does Roberts have any intent on showing what's going to happen to the mutineers?
>>
>>89724449
Oh yeah. One more question. Did Bumblebee at any point have possession of the Matrix? I know Starscream did for awhile but I'm wondering of anyone else besides him and Rodimus have held it.
>>
>>89724449
Apparently, and I say this having seen no evidence myself, Stone was chased away from doing any more official TF work by crazy judgemental fans. She was also sick for a while.

As for the mutineers, obviously, since the overall plot of the comic is getting back to the ship.
>>
>>89724484
He had a broken half for a while.
>>
>>89724484
Optimus had it for a little bit too
>>
>>89722359
Nigga, the only human you could consider unbearable was Miko. Everyone else was pretty alright, barring the occasional episodes where Jack's IQ drops like a rock.
>>
>>89724484
Thunderclash held it for one of Optimus's breaks
>>89724542
Raf's ability to understand Bumblebee was never ever explained.
>>
It's crap.
>>
My enjoyment of the show will forever be tainted by the awful fangirls it attracted. For twenty years fujoshits managed to stay within the normal autism range for TF, then came Prime.

>>89724542
> Raf outhacks Soundwave
> not ubearable
>>
>>89724540
Nigga, Optimus is a Prime. Of course he had it. Hot Rod had it and took the name Rodimus to honor Optimus, and intentionally left out Prime because he wasn't chosen. Starscream had it for awhile and his spark was teased out of the Matrix. If Bumblebee had it, then I might have a theory on why Starscream is seeing him. If he's not actually insane that is.
>>
>>89724626
Starscream never had it after Bumblebee had it.
>>
>>89724686
There was a time when Starscream led the decepticons. He had the Matrix then and Rodimus recovered it.
>>
>>89724886
Which does not change the fact, at all, that Starscream never had it after Bumblebee had it.
>>
>>89724931
It doesn't have to be after. Starscream had it for a few years apparently and now after looking it up Bumblebee was entrusted with half of it. Good enough for my theory in that case. Which all hinges on Starscream not being crazy to begin with.
>>
>>89724975
Your theory makes no sense at all.
>>
>>89725009
That after both of them holding a sacred artifact forged by Primus for an extended amount of time could converse through the allspark? How does that not make sense? In a way Starscream is more connected to it than others since his Spark literally came out of it and strange things happen with the Matrix to begin with.
>>
>>89725086
>In a way Starscream is more connected to it than others since his Spark literally came out of it
You keep saying this but I don't think it happened. You're also forgetting about the linear progression of time.
>>
>>89725251
Well let's go through it in a linear fashion then. Starscream is "born" by having his spark extracted from the Matrix. Sometime thereafter he becomes a Decepticon, assassinates the ruling council of cybertron, and helps to start a four million year war. Around the end of it he becomes the leader of the deceptions and claims the Matrix chose him. He openly wore it for a few years trying to figure out its secrets until Rodimus came in and stole it back. At some point it got split in two and Optimus gave one half to Rodimus, one half to Bumblebee, and kept the case for himself.

We know Starscream's spark was pulled out of the Matrix because when Tyrest tried to kill all the Matrix born sparks, Starscream was effected.
>>
It's got a lot of bad in it but I think it's beyond the sum of its parts.

I cried at the end
>>
>>89725356
You're leaving out some bits.
-Starscream holds the Matrix
-Then he doesn't
-Bumblebee holds the Matrix
-Then he dies
-Then Starscream starts seeing him

At no point does Starscream possess the Matrix after Bumblebee has it, so at no point would Bumblebee possessing it factor into Starscream's bumblevisions.

Also, Starscream is not special for being constructed cold.
>>
File: Starscream dance.gif (862KB, 295x400px) Image search: [Google]
Starscream dance.gif
862KB, 295x400px
Starscream
>>
>>89725520
And I'm saying it's the dying bit that could be important. G1 had Starscream with a special spark. IDW is built off of G1. Starscream tried to figure out the secrets of the Matrix and we're never told how far he got. It'd not inconceivable that Starscream is more receptive to the Allspark and after becoming a caretaker of part of the Matrix it's not inconceivable that Bumblebee could retain his sense of self and communicate with other former holders in certain situations.
>>
>>89725581
>G1 had Starscream with a special spark. IDW is built off of G1.
Yeah I'm going to have to stop you right there, buddy. Unless it actually happens you can't just assume elements from one universe apply to another.
>it's not inconceivable that Bumblebee could retain his sense of self and communicate with other former holders in certain situations.
And now you're just making up unlikely stuff. Your theory is poop.
>>
Which upsets or amuses you more, if at all?
1) The WFC/FOC games are a seperate universe from the Prime show, after all the hubbub about them being the same universe, or
2) The WFC/FOC games take place in both an Aligned-type universe and a G1-type universe thanks to universe duplication.

Both are canon. This isn't part of the question, they're both legit canon.
>>
>>89725924
tha'ts weird
>>
>>89722461
These guys have really selective memory when it comes to G1. The first two seasons had one gem or two but had craploads of inconsistencies, animation errors, really bad continuity errors, convoluted origin stories that didn't know where they belonged. I mean for goodness sakes, a scratch in one episode can mean death in another episode. Do I even have to mention the time travel episode and Optimus's origins? They couldn't even decide then.

Optimus got torn apart in one episode and had a bomb shoved in his robo-gut in another and survived. They couldn't even make up their mind who the "fourth Seeker" was and how many Autobots/Decepticons were on the ship.

It only got good AFTER the Transformers movie.

Watch the first 2 seasons again on tape and you'll see what I mean.

Now where's that asshole on this board that claimed to "watch at least half a dozen of Geewun" each day? The asshole who claims that anyone who dislikes it is an "elitist". Get the roll of errors out here again.
>>
>>89726008
To be fair, I think the jist of what what comic (though I don't agree with it either, G1 is loved by me but it's not my favorite TF series nor do I think it's exactly superior to anything just because it was first) was getting at is that G1 was fun and silly, which it was, while future shows take themselves too seriously

Now, that being said, you kind of prove their point, those of us who love G1 understand it's full of goofy shit...ALL 80s kids cartoons are...from Jem to G.I Joe to Masters of the Universe, it's just par for the course and while we acknowledge it it doesn't stifle out enjoyment of it at all, in fact it's part of the fun. I watch G1 everyday (or did till very recently since Discovery Family apparently stopped airing it every morning) for a long time and I love it every bit as much as I did as a kid despite all the stupid crap
>>
File: Prime-knockout-s01e10-face.jpg (119KB, 1151x966px) Image search: [Google]
Prime-knockout-s01e10-face.jpg
119KB, 1151x966px
It had the best Knock-Out
>>
>>89726184

> attempt of putting him in the comics ruined by a terrible writer

it hurts.
>>
>>89726247
Why?
- Is a doctor
- Is vain
- Goes fast
Nothing's gone wrong.
>>
>>89722359

>humans unbearable

Miko's the only one who comes close to that and even then she winds up getting better written as the series progresses.

I ragged on Prime REALLY hard when it came out but I wound up really liking it, somehow, in spite of it's myriad of flaws
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz2ae8uzhiQ
>>
>>89726741
If flaws ruin a series for you, you'd probably hate every incarnation of transformers.
>>
>>89726741
I liked Prime but I didn't like the humans either, at least not the kids....Miko was by far the worst and Jack the least worst, I'll say that much
>>
Will BW characters be revisited in IDW post Windblade?
Seems weird that none of BW-era primes appear there.
>>
File: loltarn.jpg (722KB, 1262x1566px) Image search: [Google]
loltarn.jpg
722KB, 1262x1566px
Oh hey a TF thread
>>
File: best.gif (598KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
best.gif
598KB, 200x200px
>>89722321
I'm currently watching through the show for the first time, just starting S3 now so I can only comment on the first two seasons.

I'm enjoying it overall, I like the characters and even the humans don't really bug me, but it feels like there are so many missed opportunities where interesting things could have happened (even like they were perhaps meant to, but were then dropped at the last minute):
>MECH and Silas being built up as a third faction... only to be decimated in the space of a single episode
>Airachnid gaining control over the Insecticons... only to have them taken off her and then be literally put into stasis (presumably the writers didn't know how to use her in upcoming plot lines)
>Starscream actually having some success on his own and managing to obtain all the Omega keys... only to go crawling back to Megatron and even more ridiculously be accepted back
The character designs deserve a special mention though. This is the best Transformers have ever looked.
>>
>>89722321
Pretty middle of the road as a cartoon. Lazy writing hidden behind expensive CGI, repetitious action, some shock value and callbacks to earlier TF shit. But as far as TF shows go, a lot of the rest are far worse.

Didn't care for it that much, though. Just watched it cause I wanted to see where it would go, but I realized early on that it wasn't really doing it for me. Season 2 lost me for good, so many interesting storyline ideas were just dropped for yet more stupid relic hunts.

That said, I often found both the immense love and the utter cynical hatred some fans felt toward the show to be pretty extreme.
>>
>>89722321
>Where do you think this show stands among all the other TF shows?

Probably like #2 or #3 after G1 and Beast Wars?

Despite the various issues of the series, in particular the endless pointless scavenger hunt that was season 2, the show ended up pretty well put together.
The main cast was well written and acted, save for Bumblebeeps, making Earth into Unicron was an inspired move, and the general feel was really good at ramping up to conclusions, even if the payoffs rarely actually delivered.
>>
>>89723155

Donald Trump
>>
>>89731142
Yeah, I think a lot of that was due to Prime's extremely troubled creation. It felt like someone behind the scenes kept trying to force a return to the status quo.
>>
>>89724449
>what's going to happen to the mutineers?

I'm really worried that Roberts has no plans to ever make full use of this.
>>
File: aligned.png (3MB, 1656x1654px) Image search: [Google]
aligned.png
3MB, 1656x1654px
>>89734584
>>
>>89722377
/thread
>>
>>89724489
That sucks. I personally loved Stone's art. It juat had this charm to it and it was very emotive
>>
>>89726008
>Do I even have to mention the time travel episode and Optimus's origins? They couldn't even decide then.
What the fuck are you talking about? There's nothing about War Dawn that really contradicts anything else. If anything, it fits more neatly into continuity than most episodes, since it's a sequel to Key to Vector Sigma and a prequel to The Search for Alpha Trion.
>>
So Devastation is less than $20 on Amazon right now. Should I get it or not?
>>
>>89722321
Better than G1, not quite as good as Animated, or Beast Wars.
>>
>>89739264
Best Transformers game ever.
>>
>>89735396
Those poor bastards. The more I learn about studio / network executives and their fucking meddling the more I'm convinced they should all be put up against a wall and shot. They seem absolutely clueless about what audiences actually want despite this being their primary reason for existing.
>>
>>89724449
No, the comic called Transformers: Lost Light is probably never going to be set aboard the fucking Lost Light ever again.
>>
>>89726269
And he's Conjunx Endura with Breakdown. It's great.
>>
>>89739733
if you think this, then you clearly haven't played war for cybertron
>>
>>89740384
Wouldn't surprise me.
>>
>>89740415
Whoa, really?
>>
>>89722321
I liked it. S3 especially had some of the tightest writing of any series. A ton of shit happened in only 13 episodes and it felt like a whole season.
>>
>>89740694
>>89740415
But that's not Starscream
>>
>>89740443
this

Awesome co-op
>>
>>89740443
Shooters don't do it for me, and everyone had kinda weird faces. I'm much more in phase with Devastation and its faux-G1 trappings, plus I can be a truck suplexing a cassette player in earth orbit.
>>
>>89740694
Yep. He's first mentioned in the second Windblade mini and appears in Till All Are One.

>>89741211
As glad as I am that Knock Out survived Prime it is kind of a pisser that he betrayed his BFF Starscream to do it. The buddy zombie episode was the best part of Prime.
>>
>>89730702
I fucking love Tarn, but I realize more and more that I love what Tarn could have been and my mind is just filling in the many, many gaps. At least Pharma is still around, but I feel like Transformers would need an exclusive villain miniseries for villains to get any good focus.

Just bad bots doing bad things for the fuck of it, unapologetic and with no shoehorned meta commentary. Get someone other than Roberts to write it and it'd be great fun.
>>
So Swerve is totally on drugs that make him stop feeling anything about Skids, right?
>>
>>89742285
Probably.

Fuck Skids though. Brainstorm/Nautica 4lyfe.
>>
>>89742120
What was meta about Tarn? He was a dick who acted like a dick but thought he wasn't a dick.
>>
>>89744105
I just mean all Roberts' meta bullshit in general. Like "TRIGGER WARNING" in that last Scavengers issue and the 'grief police' line in LL #1. Swearth. Stuff like that.
>>
>>89744196
>Like "TRIGGER WARNING" in that last Scavengers issue
but that wasn't meta at all
>>
File: knockout poster.jpg (99KB, 600x533px) Image search: [Google]
knockout poster.jpg
99KB, 600x533px
>Knock-Out is gay
>the Cybertronian that all the girls want

Hmmmm
>>
>>89744196
Bro I'm not sure you know what meta means
>>
File: madtonium.png (147KB, 432x320px) Image search: [Google]
madtonium.png
147KB, 432x320px
FUCK RAF, PIECE OF SHIT WRITERS LET A FUCKING MIDGET ASS TECH BOI TRICK SOUNDWAVE, RAF TRICKED SOUNDWAVE, HOW COULD RAF TRICK SOUNDWAVE GOD DAMN IT
>>
>>89749960
Soundwave was the most hardcore competent guy on that show and he got beaten by a twelve year old with an admittedly cool call back trick
>>
>>89749113
I know. I mean the real-life references and nods to twitter/tumblr audience.
What's the word I'm looking for?
>>
>>89750306
"words" and "phrases". And which part did you think were twitter/tumblr references?
>>
>>89748513
> implying those things aren't directly related
>>
>>89740384
Honestly what >>89740509 said. I wouldn't be surprised if Rodimus just chartered a new ship, called it Lost Light II and set off out into the universe again with the intent to stay a step ahead of the mutineers all the way to the Knights. I kinda think Thunderclash might have been okay with a mutiny but I really doubt he would have agreed to leave ANYONE to the DJD and I just wanna see the fallout of them getting their message out to the universe.
>>
>>89725631
But what if Cyclonus and Prowl switched bodies
>>
>>89750337
Okay, I could do without the WORDS and the PHRASES that JRo sprinkles in like 'ohoho just reminding you this is fake and written by a human, look, human pop culture, wink wink'

Also:
>Popular Post (tm) joke style, aka how nobody actually talks
>JRo's dance party playlist
>sitcom discussion
>Tailgate and Cyclonus referencing tumblr

Man, I don't read giant robot comics looking to experience more Earth life. Can they watch a famous Cybertronian movie for movie night instead? Can we get the names of some popular wartime Autobot tunes? C'mon.
>>
>>89750788
Well for 4 million years they didn't have an entertainment industry. And before that everything was probably functionist propaganda. So anything they watch would pretty well have to be new media, which earth has plenty of while they're more or less starting over.
>>
>>89750788
"mansplaining" too

He tries to "come of as a progressive writer" when really the writer shouldn't be coming off as anything, the story should be immersive and good
>>
>>89750788
If there's any bot referencing tumblr its Bee
>>
>>89751236
But the mansplaining reference was in jest. You have to remember context when you're discussing this.
>>
>>89751432
Was it
It was about internet/modern references right
Did he have to pick one to show how awesome :)))) and progressive :)))))))) he is that fucking communist
>>
Not exactly on topic, but this was the only Transformers thread I see.

What's the status of the Transformers MEGA archive? I've been away for months and am trying to catch up on everything. Looks like it has issues up to the end of The Transformers Volume 2 and MTMTE, but I'm not seeing:

- The Transformers: More than Meets the Eye: Revolution
- Till All Are One
- The Transformers: Revolution
- Lost Light
- Optimus Prime

I can probably find all of these on 32 Pages, but I was just wondering if the archive has stopped being updated.
>>
File: Capture.png (2MB, 941x977px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2MB, 941x977px
>>89751662
>>
>>89751874
K I'm drunk fourgive me
>>
File: Airachnid_Close-up.png (198KB, 557x469px) Image search: [Google]
Airachnid_Close-up.png
198KB, 557x469px
>>89731142
Airachnid is best fembot, fuck Arceefags
>>
>>89753083
>he doesn't want arcee to get his engines going by vibrating under his junk
>he doesn't want to arouse arcee by waxing her
It's like you don't even /ss/
>>
>>89753203
I'd rather have Airachnid tie me up and engage in BDSM sexual
>>
>>89753257
kys
>>
File: 43243242.gif (21KB, 175x338px) Image search: [Google]
43243242.gif
21KB, 175x338px
I liked it. Definitely better in the first season though. Great animation, and best Megatron. Love those shark teeth and his dark energon/coke fueled rage fits. Humans are annoying as always, but luckily they aren't the main focus.

Didn't like the stylistics choices at first, but the designs really grew on me. Very expressive. Them hooker pumps and legs though.
>>
The best TF series is Beast Wars, and Prime, G1, and Animated are 2,3, and 4 based on personal taste.

>>89753203
I want to kiss her
>>
You were supposed to have read one of the spin-off/crossover comics to get today's issue

or wiki the thing I'm talking about I guess
>>
>>89754936
There's a hint in TAAO's Revolution issue but I'm sure it'll be explained in the next regular TAAO issue anyway. Besides, you don't need the extra info to "get" today's issue, the broad implications are clear. You make it sound like the Dreamwave Devastator cliffhanger.
>>
File: isn't that a girl.png (760KB, 900x681px) Image search: [Google]
isn't that a girl.png
760KB, 900x681px
>>89753203
>/ss/
What is it with you faggots and self inserting as little boys?
>>
>>89755305
KAMILLE BIDAN!
>>
File: succmale.jpg (32KB, 346x339px) Image search: [Google]
succmale.jpg
32KB, 346x339px
I just finished watching Prime, how bad is RiD? Be honest, I want to watch it but the designs are off putting, along with the CGI.
>>
>>89755329
Seasons 1 & 2: Fun regular episodes, complete garbage finales.
Season 2.5: Fun ongoing plot, done right.

Be prepared to want toys that will never be made.
>>
>>89755374
Thanks anon, I'm about to watch it now.
>>
>>89755305
The last time /co/ could approach women without creeping them out, was when /co/ were still children.
>>
Is it okay that I liked how season 2 of MTMTE ended?
>>
>>89755435
Yes you are allowed your own opinion and I share it.
>>
Transformers is either really fun (Animated/season 1 MTMTE) or just a flaming pile of shit (Energon/season 2 MTMTE) so you can always get at least some satisfaction out of it if you're not a geewun autist.

Prime was just so painfully mediocre that you really can't get anything out of it at all. Decent animation for a tv budget tho.
>>
>>89755694
>or just a flaming pile of shit (Energon/season 2 MTMTE)
You can dislike season 2 of MTMTE but you are either out of your mind or trolling to equate it to Energon's quality. If the latter, I suppose you got me to respond and identify the motivation, so 1/10 for the effort.
>>
>>89755694
Know what's worse than geewunners? Anti G1ers
>>
>>89722321
Better than G1, the movies and the Unicron Trilogy. About on the same level as Beast Machines, RID15, and RID01. Not as good as Animated or Beast Wars.
>>
>>89755825
>Anti G1ers
I thought those were called "Michael Bay Fans"
>>
>>89755879
FYI: common short identifier for 2001's Robots in Disguise is R.I.D.

R.I.D. - Robots in Disguise anime (2001)
PRID - Prime’s Robots in Disguise toyline
RID - The IDW comic Robots in Disguise, pre-RID2015
RID2015 - Robots in Disguise cartoon (2015), which also has a comic based on it, also named Robots in Disguise.
ExRID - The IDW comic that used to be called Robots in Disguise but was changed to just “The Transformers“, thanks to the 2015 cartoon.
>>
>>89755889
Oh the contrary, the Michael Bay movies actually revived interest in the franchise for a lot of so called "geewunners" who grew too old to actually keep up with childrens cartoons and anime
>>
>>89755936
I've never heard that at all. I just know 'em as RID01, PRID, exRID, and RID15.
(I use exRID to refer to both IDW RID and "The Transformers" for convenience.)
>>
>>89755955

Not really it just gave them the adrenaline boost to shit on everything not G1 related because they got the taste of blood in form of Classics.
>>
>>89755825

Not really. Most of the non-G1 fans retreated to their little isolated bubbles of continuities (mostly IDW and Movie fags these days) and do their shit since they realized hasbro doesn't give a shit about them.

The Geewunn faggots on the other hand are in full on attack mode shitting on everything and everything that dares to disrespect the holy G1 cartoon. Can't even imply that you even enjoy anything post-G1 on any forum without having an army of them shit the thread up about how that X thing is the worst thing ever made and how it's killing transformers and is literal cancer.
>>
>>89750237
i won't lie, it was a cool callback trick, I'm just extremely fucking salty about it
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.