[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this why Affleck quit? Did he realize he was never gonna

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 479
Thread images: 52

File: IMG_1963.jpg (259KB, 1225x1411px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1963.jpg
259KB, 1225x1411px
Is this why Affleck quit?

Did he realize he was never gonna be able to top this?
>>
We live in a world where Product Placement movie 2 will be higher rated than any movie in the DCEU.
>>
>>89710819
Lego Movies are the best period, not just DC. Not just capeshit.
>>
Will his torment ever end?
>>
>>89710819
Yeah it's almost like people prefer good movies over bad ones, who knew?
>>
Is someone going to make the argument that all of RT has an anti-DC bias? Now would be the time to bring that up.
>>
>>89710920
Red is rated too low on there imo, I think there's something to that theory.

But no sensible person can deny the greatness that is Lego Batman.
>>
File: 1484435850678.png (343KB, 630x296px) Image search: [Google]
1484435850678.png
343KB, 630x296px
>>89710746
>the only way to make a good movie out of DC comics is to make a movie making fun of them

seriously WB just kill the company already
>>
It's almost as if Lego Batman isn't cramming two movies' worth of content into one, while also laying foundation for half a dozen sequels and spinoffs.

Whoda thunk it.
>>
>>89711078
>needs an edit where sad Affleck is standing next to laughing Lego Batman
>>
File: DCEUBTFO.png (31KB, 365x177px) Image search: [Google]
DCEUBTFO.png
31KB, 365x177px
>>89710920
clearly it's an anti live action DC bias
>>
>>89710819
Seeing as Product Placement Movie 2 actually makes use of it's source material without being ashamed of it and is presumably going to be a fun and fast paced instead of long and dreary, yeah.
>>
>>89710746
>Shitfleck's shit flicks are objectively inferior in comparison to product placement.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>89710819
You make it sound like said Product Placement movies aren't true labors of love that understand what they're making and manage to tell heartwarming stories on top of it
>>
>>89711292
Didn't they already announce several more Legoverse movies? JL would probably happen if Batman is successful.

>Unikitty movie when
>>
>>89711296

>Seeing as Product Placement Movie 2 actually makes use of it's source material without being ashamed of it

It's making fun of it, though.
>>
>>89710819
Are capeshit movies not product placement?
I guess in Marvel's case the comics are product placement.
>>
>>89711449
It's having fun with it not making fun of it, very distinct difference.
>>
>>89711449
It's doing both
>>
>>89710920
Lego Batman is just another pawn on Snyder's chessboard. Now critics will be forced to like JL because it has jokes in it. Checkmate.
>>
>>89711512
Lego Batman is much deeper than Snyder could hope to pull off. Hypercrisis masterpiece
>>
>>89711449
It still acknowledges it while trying to make people laugh.
That's more effort that Hack Snyder will ever put.
>>
Critics loving a capeshit movie that is funny and self-aware of how super-heroes are an outlandish and ridiculous notion? Get out of here!

Critics hate capeshit movies that take themselves too seriously, and before someone start mentioning the Nolan trilogy i've seen plenty critics defending it saying that they aren't super-heroes movies, but cop movies with Batman in it.
>>
>>89711512
But their jokes are shit.

Flash is jar jar.
>>
>>89711078
Except one of the only rotten reviews was "yeah it's funny so that's one of the requirements BUT it doesn't make fun of superheroes enough so downvote!"

Explain that.
>>
>>89711449

It's laughing WITH it, not AT it.

A light hearted celebration of all things Batman, both good and bad, by people who obviously love the material.
>>
>>89711553

MoS and BvS still acknowledged the source material while subverting it and making something new with it.
>>
>>89711605
MoS and BvS don't do anything new with the source material.
>>
>>89711594

>It's laughing WITH it, not AT it.

It's doing both.
>>
>A SECOND ROTTEN REVIEW!
>>
>>89711632

That's factually incorrect, since most of the ire for the movies stern from it.
>>
>>89711605
They don't subvert anything. They follow pretty much every "deep" attempt to look at the heroes seriously but from a pessimistic point of view. It's literally the same shit as Identity Crisis.

Please fuck off, we are tying to talk about a good movie here.
>>
>>89711594
For once, I agree with you.
>>
>>89711679

Sorry...
>>
>>89711670

There's nothing pessimistic about MoS or BvS.

>Please fuck off, we are tying to talk about a good movie here.

Look at OP's post.
>>
>>89711449
It's making fun of it in the same way that Spaceballs is making fun of Star Wars. It still clearly comes from a place of love.
>>
>>89711670
>pessimistic point of view
I don't think so. The movies looked really hopeful to me. Care to show where it was pessimistic? All pessimistic theories were proven wrong in the end. Just having the theory there doesn't mean the author agrees with it. Or does having a racist bad guy mean the author is a racist, etc?
>>
>>89711754
>spaceballs 2: the quest for more money never
>>
>>89711743
yes we're talking about a good movie by bashing a bad one... well bad 5
>>
>>89711743
>There's nothing pessimistic about MoS or BvS.

Who was it that said "You don't owe these people anything" to fucking SUPERMAN?!?

Oh, right. His own parents.
>>
>>89711795
I think the MCU is at 14 or 15 now.
>>
>>89711764
Yes. To defuse a side, you ignore the existence of it entirely
>>
>>89711743
OP's post didn't do anything but talk about how the Lego Batman is so good there's no point in making more Batman movies.

>>89711764
I'm not saying it had a negative message. It was certainly trying to show hope in the pessimism, but the general framing of the heroism shows that the people in charge are not positive minded when it comes to realism.

But again please stop trying to derail the thread.
>>
>>89711807
How is that not true though? How is it not the OPPOSITE of pessimism where, even though he doesn't owe anyone anything he still decides to help them? Fact is, with great power DOESN'T come great responsibility. You choose to take up the responsibility because it's the right thing to do (Aristotle) not due because you're a slave to duty (Kant).
>>
>>89711807

Yes, Superman's mother said that because she's a mother and doesn't want to see her son suffering for a world that only shits on him.

You're basically hating a character for being human and motherly, all because it doesn't fit with your preconceived idea of the ideal Martha Kent.
>>
>>89711871
Aristotle didn't even understand how a rock thrown works.
>>
>>89711296
>Seeing as Product Placement Movie 2 actually makes use of it's source material without being ashamed of it
leave Marvel out of this
>>
>>89711871

Would the Kents ever really say that though? They're the ones who taught Clark to help others, for no other reason than out of the goodness of his heart. Hearing it come from them just felt...wrong.
>>
>>89711823
14 or 15 amazing movies soon to be 18
>>
>>89711871
>Fact is, with great power DOESN'T come great responsibility.

You realize that's what the original quote said before it was bastardized, right?
>>
File: laughingelfman.jpg (18KB, 256x353px) Image search: [Google]
laughingelfman.jpg
18KB, 256x353px
>>89710819
>implying any capeshit movie isn't a cash grab on a larger scale than Product Placement 2
>>
>>89711928
"Feels"? They "feel
" wrong to you Boco? Interesting. Please tell me how that works, exactly. Please explain to me how you "feel" these versions of the Kents are "wrong". That's really interesting how you can "feel" fictional people, but go ahead, we're all waiting and looking forward to finding out more about this phenomenon you're supposedly "capable" of - the "feel"ing of an appropriate interpretation of a fictional couple.
>>
>>89711948
That's actually pretty cool. What was the original?
>>
>>89712045

Um, I dunno. That was just my opinion. You're fine to think otherwise.
>>
>>89712076
It's more along the lines of "with great power should come great responsibility" which puts the onus on the person with power to make the choice of being responsible. I don't have the page handy though.
>>
>>89712092
Go fuck yourself, Boco.
>>
>>89712130
He would if he could.
>>
>>89712130

Yes sir...
>>
>>89711854

>but the general framing of the heroism shows that the people in charge are not positive minded when it comes to realism.

I disagree.

MoS is all about Superman and the military (as a representation of the human world) learning to put their misconceptions aside and trust each other 100% in order to fight together as one to save the planet.

BvS is all about people projecting their own inadequacies onto something external and being suckered by lies because it suit their bias all to finally learn the truth because the world isn't as bad they're led to believe, with Superman being the chief example of everything that is good and right.
>>
>>89712189
When you are writing from the perspective that there would need to be misconceptions or projections of inadequacies to write through that's pessimism at the root of the idea.
>>
>>89711078
Kys marvelcuck. It will probably do better than your garbage too
>>
>>89712226

Well, there need to be something that has to be fixed first or else why would we need a super-hero? Everything can't start all peachy. The situation makes the hero.
>>
>>89712189
Stop defending bad movies full of plot holes.
>>
>>89712456

Sorry, i like the movies, and what plot-holes?
>>
>>89712489
On BvS?
>>
>>89712278
Maybe that's why you don't get my perspective. I don't see it as true that there needs to be huge issues for Superman to rise up as a hero. He is a disaster relief guy on a larger scale. Would be helping people regardless of superpowers. Savior theme in that respect more than purely as an ideal to live up to.

But again they can do what they want with their stories. I'm not trying to say they shouldn't have been able to do it artistically. But I interpret it as pessimistic when that is the core of your message and bland when it has been done tons of times uninterestingly in comics themselves.
>>
>>89712456
>>89712489
>>89712510
Make a new thread for this.
>>
>>89712489
I got one. How and when did Lex learn their secret identities?
>>
>>89712523
This would be welcome. Lego Movie franchise should be the focus here.
>>
>>89712510

Yes?

>>89712540

It is never shown, but Lex said he learned Superman's secret identity because of his relationship with Lois.

That's also not a plot-hole.

>>89712523

He started it!
>>
Lego Superman movie next? If Aquaman is received well, a Lego version maybe? OUTRAGEOUS!
>>
>>89710819
>we live in a world where product placement 2 is a better movie than anything the DCEU will ever produce.

WB needs to grow a pair and fire Hack Snyder, it's the DCEUs only hope.
>>
>>89712520

>Maybe that's why you don't get my perspective. I don't see it as true that there needs to be huge issues for Superman to rise up as a hero. He is a disaster relief guy on a larger scale. Would be helping people regardless of superpowers. Savior theme in that respect more than purely as an ideal to live up to.

Superheroes show up for either two reasons: they have super-powers and thus feel a responsibility to use them for good because no one else can do what they can, or they have a tragic past and thus feel a need to set the world to right using whatever they have or can muster.

In either scenario the world has problems that need someone willing to do what's right to fix it. Even in comics the world have huge issues that necessitate someone like Superman to set it right. Some even caused by Superman coming to Earth. Not that it's his fault.
>>
>>89712659
Worlds Finest first probably, though it seems like they'll play with the relationship between him and Batman in this movie somewhat too
>>
>>89712768
I'd like this too!
>>
>>89712659
>>89712768

Lego movie making fun of Superman mythos would set Superfag into a rage. Superman fans don't know how to take a joke.
>>
>>89712076
that with great power must also come great responsibility. meaning its up to the powerful to use it in a responsible manor
>>
>>89712592
>Yes?

>>Bruce should have investigated Supes and already know about his mother previously of the battle. This isnt only what happens on the most comics regarding Batman and He discovering Clark identity, this movie more than anything has a reason for him to do this. If he and Lex want to kill Superman, discovering his identity or information about him is primordial, and they had 2 years. Lex managed to do this, so why not Bruce?
>>Why Superman let the criminals that were throwing rockets at Batman go away?
>>Why Luthor used a bomb to explode the congress, that was easily conected to him, that would make him go to jail anyway at the end?
>>Why he made Doomsday, if he had no way to control him? Is he completely insane?
>>Why Superman has halucinations with his dead father telling things that He “didnt knew”? Is he retarded? Schizofrenic?
>>Why you kill the main hero of your universe on the second movie, when he barely had any characterization?
>>Why kill off Clark Kent, the human aspect of Superman?
>> Why Clark has no supporting cast to bounce off? This is fundamental for characterization.
>>Why you think it is a good idea to make a MC with almost no agency?
>>Related to the above, Hack Snyder even say that Clark likes to wear a cape as a kid because of his Kryptonian DNA.
>>
>>89712874
Two for one deal then.
>>
>>89712874
people liked him bullying Hal in the Lego Movie though
>>
>>89712937

>>Why Superman didnt shouted to Batman that his mother was kidnapped, before the battle? Superman could have solved the conflict simply by saying “Bruce, they kidnapped my mom” or even better, “HELP ME!”.
>>Why Batman think that WW is with Superman, if he knows her secret identity and is actually the only one that talked to her on the cast?
>>Did they expected anyone that doesnt read comics to know what the hell was happening on the Knightmare sequence?
>> Doesnt Hacksnyder know that needing flashbacks and dream sequences on the middle of your story is considered one of the major marks of a baddly written and confusing story? Seriously, Snyder should read some Robert Mackee.
>>Why not use the credits to show the JL members, instead of akwardly shoving them in the middle of a dramatic scene?
>>So why didnt they just kill MARTHA the moment batman arrived?
>>Why didn't Superman use his super speed to zip by and save his mom as soon as he learned she was in danger? If Batman could saver her, why not him, that is quickier and more powerful?
>>Why did Lex's goons kidnap a woman in Kansas and take her all the way to the east coast right next to where Superman is forced to fight?
>>Why this movie sells less than Deadpool? Why this movie made less domestically than Deadpool?
>Why they choose to funk over Superman's creator and his family by making MOS?
>Why they keep Snyder around if he has been show to be incompetent and a really stupid person on interviews and directing?
>>
>>89712713
I don't feel like most Superman origins support what you're saying. And it's fine that they wanted to do another thing but it's not required by any means.

>In either scenario the world has problems that need someone willing to do what's right to fix it

Again I don't agree. Accidents will happen. It's not some kind of inherent flaw in the world, just happenstance. Superman merely does what he can in those situations. He is a firefighter or paramedic on a larger scale of power. The internal (and external since it's a big Lex thing too) of doing too much is the central conflict but it doesn't come from a negative perspective like "well we'll make these guys wary of him a few times even though he's been nothing but a good person" does.
>>
>>89712937
>>89712972

None of these are plot-holes.
>>
>>89713053
Ignore him. He spams these on every thread that even mentions BvS. They've all been answered already too. Completely off topic.
>>
>>89713038

>but it doesn't come from a negative perspective like "well we'll make these guys wary of him a few times even though he's been nothing but a good person" does.

Explain me something. Lex's in comics is always trying to turn the people of Metropolis and the outside world against Superman by preying on their own problems and prejudice, he's also always trying to create scenarios that can make Superman look bad. It happens all the time.

But you wouldn't see that as a pessimistic take on the Superman mythos. It would be just Lex, a villain, doing his usual thing. But the movie, in your opinion, is pessimistic, despite doing the exact same thing.
>>
>>89710819
>Not the logo movie
>>
>>89713220
When the source of the negative beliefs come from an outside force like another character that's different to me than the populous just coming up with them. DC citizens shouldn't be that naturally negative; it's a Marvel thing to me. Maybe I've not been expressing that properly.
>>
File: ben-affleck-finger-face.jpg (126KB, 540x538px) Image search: [Google]
ben-affleck-finger-face.jpg
126KB, 540x538px
>>89710746
More like Ben's recent movie bombed at the box office and now WB got cold feet of letting him do the movie.
>>
>>89711322
The Accountant was decent.
>>
>>89710819
Fucking insulting The Lego Movie over product placement when the head of the DCEU fucking said this shit.

https://youtu.be/BVIB9sGYeUw

As I recall, BvS also had large product placement deals with Jeep, Gucci, Dodge and Under Armour.
>>
>>89713143
>being answered

Fucking kek
>>
>>89710819
But Zack spent a lot of time justifying the product placement in MOS and we had those airlines in BvS
>>
>>89710819
>Insulting The Lego Movie over product placement when the head of the DCEU fucking said this shit.

https://youtu.be/BVIB9sGYeUw

As I recall, BvS also had large product placement deals with Jeep, Gucci, Dodge and Under Armour.
>>
>>89713308

It my have been me being dumb, but i finally understood what you're talking about now. Yeah, the movies place a lot of importance about Superman being alien or having super-powers. I guess that makes it more of a Marvel thing, yeah. Usually in DC Superman's just one among several metas who are seen as commonplace.
>>
File: delete this.jpg (93KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
delete this.jpg
93KB, 633x758px
>only way to DC to have something decent on big screen is joke animated movies now thx to DCEU
I just wanted to share greatness of best capeshit universe with my friends. I just wanted normies to love someone who is not Batman. I just wanted them to see how great Superman is. I just wanted everyone to see great stories and interactions between DC characters. I JUST wanted to share my good feelings about DC. Everything is joke now.
>>
>>89713515
>I just wanted to share greatness of best capeshit universe with my friends. I just wanted normies to love someone who is not Batman. I just wanted them to see how great Superman is. I just wanted everyone to see great stories and interactions between DC characters. I JUST wanted to share my good feelings about DC.

Lego is doing all of this though
>>
>>89713515
>I just wanted normies to love someone who is not Batman. I just wanted them to see how great Superman is. I just wanted everyone to see great stories and interactions between DC characters. I JUST wanted to share my good feelings about DC
They can do this with Lego too you realize?
>>
>>89713558
>Lego is doing all of this though
>>89713800
>They can do this with Lego too you realize?
My niece had never saw a single MCU film or Star Wars movie, because she is too young. But she knows ALL the characters, purely from Lego interpretations of the characters.

But really, it is true that Lego Batman being good is beneficial to Batman. But the main problem is that it contrasts with DCEU and makes them look worse by comparison.

This isn't even a Marvel vs DC thing. The DCEU is currently the least respected version of the DC franchise. The cartoon TV series, the Cartoon films, the Comics, and the Lego movie, are now all better received than the DCEU.

DCEU is losing against the other departments of DC. That's what's sad.
>>
>>89713935
>But the main problem is that it contrasts with DCEU and makes them look worse by comparison.
That's their fault
>>
>>89713371
Check the archives.
>>
>Lego movie series performing so well WB cuts their losses with the DCEU and just makes an entire JL-Legoverse
>>
>>89714068
I checked.

Just saw people using headcanons.
>>
>>89714128
And I'd be fine with that

Fuck, Lego Flash might be the only way we'd get that movie off the ground at this point
>>
>>89714160
>joke about the hyper-fast forward assembly in all the lego commercials actually being Flash assembling things in real time
>>
>>89714181
That's actually his power in the video game
>>
>Release date March 30, 2017 (Australia)
What the actual fuck?
>>
>>89713330
Up until it went full batshit insane at the end.
>>
>>89714068
To be honest, I know see people making dumb execuses time try to avoid those points.
>>
>>89714320
>>Release date March 30, 2017 (Australia)
>What the actual fuck?
The 1st term of school ends on 31st of March. So they are intentionally timing the release to match when the school is out and the kids have the time to drag their parents to the cinema.
>>
>>89711078
>>89711241
The whole film is a love letter though
>>
>>89711296
>>89711449

I don't get that, though. Why can't we have a cool superhero movie that's totally unironic and plays it all straight but is family friendly? Like the Reeves movies?
>>
>>89714395
Yeah but after they delayed the original Lego movie the Village Roadshow CEO came out and said
>"We made one hell of a mistake with LEGO," Burke said of the decision to delay The LEGO Movie's release in Australia by 54 days.
>"We'll now make all our movies day in date with the US. I know 20th Century Fox are and Universal are too."
Can't wait to hear him bitch about piracy again.
>>
>>89714425
BvS. And amazingly it was really good too.
>>
File: frankfurter.jpg (266KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
frankfurter.jpg
266KB, 800x600px
>>89711292
>Legos
>>
File: catchphrase.gif (613KB, 384x212px) Image search: [Google]
catchphrase.gif
613KB, 384x212px
>>89712659
>>
>>89711432
So is this all leading up to the Lego Dimensions movie?
>>
>>89712874
Everybody loves Superdickery though. Superman fans just get sick of all the "Superman sucks compared to Batman! He has so many powers its just lame!" bullshit.
>>
File: lego_dimensions_sonic_shadow.png (960KB, 415x1052px) Image search: [Google]
lego_dimensions_sonic_shadow.png
960KB, 415x1052px
>>89715224
Now that would be fucking insane. Just look at the list of franchises in the games. Imagine a movie with Sonic, the Wicked Witch of the West and Finn.

>DC Comics
>The Lord of the Rings
>The LEGO Movie
>Back to the Future
>Ninjago
>The Wizard of Oz
>Scooby-Doo!
>Portal 2
>Legends of Chima
>Jurassic World
>The Simpsons
>Doctor Who
>Ghostbusters
>Midway Arcade
>Harry Potter
>Adventure Time
>Gremlins
>The A-Team
>Ghostbusters (2016)
>Mission: Impossible
>The LEGO Batman Movie
>Beetlejuice
>LEGO City: Undercover
>E.T. The Extra Terrestrial
>Knight Rider
>The Powerpuff Girls
>Teen Titans Go!
>Sonic the Hedgehog
>The Goonies
>Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
>>
>>89714800
>BvS

It was one of the worst cape movies of the last years, but your joke was quite funny.
>>
>>89713935
>DCEU is losing against the other departments of DC. That's what's sad.
that is because the DCEU is fucking shit.
>>
>>89715224
There's a Lego Ninjago movie coming later in the year. I think October.

As I understand it, rather than the cheap CGI of the Ninjago cartoon and literally every other Lego property it'll be done in the faux-stop-motion CGI style of The Lego Movie and The Lego Batman Movie, apparently there's a short that plays before Lego Batman with a Ninjago character in that style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-OiPWFmbdc

It kinda makes sense,The Lego Movie relied a lot on Lego's licensed properties, Lego Batman relies on them entirely, it's understandable Lego would say "these movies are doing so well, do please one of ours". It'll sell well to kids since apparently the cartoon's pretty popular, it's sure to be lost on the adults unlike these previous two movies which catered pretty well to adults, but considering how successful they've been, the dip in profits it'll bring is permissible.
>>
>>89714128
that already exists.
>>
this is exactly why Disney allowed this movie to get good reviews

to make a narrative like the one in this thread
>>
>>89715558
It's not the same universe as this one and more similar in tone to the video games than tLM.
>>
>>89715694
so the lego batman movie is in a brand new universe?
>>
File: gigihorselego.png (532KB, 753x614px) Image search: [Google]
gigihorselego.png
532KB, 753x614px
>>89715443
>No Lego Mad Max.

C'mon, they already have a whole mess of iconic cars that could be turned into lego sets.
>>
>>89715774
Holy shit this is rad as hell
>>
File: tf2_soldier_heavy_zhanna.png (871KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tf2_soldier_heavy_zhanna.png
871KB, 1024x768px
>>89715774
I'm mad Portal got a level but TF2 didn't. The 9 Mercenaries would fit right into Lego Dimensions.
>>
>>89714425
Because Normalfags can't take the concept of superheroes seriously. As soon as I saw this thread I knew that it was being upvoted because it's wacky and "fun." Maybe its good too, but who knows.
>>
>>89715770
Lego Batman is a sequel to The Lego Movie and part of that universe. It is a separate universe from the Lego DTVs. I think the Lego Batman video games are also separate from the DTVs but they're more similar in tone.

Lego Dimensions actually made a joke about the multiple Batmans, I believe.
>>
File: DSCF0412.jpg (467KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0412.jpg
467KB, 1920x1080px
>>89715774
Just imagine if they did the classic monster sized Technic supercars in mad max style.
>>
File: trump.png (686KB, 842x772px) Image search: [Google]
trump.png
686KB, 842x772px
>>89710746
Affleck shows up in the end of the movie though
>>
>>89717361
fucking spoiler bastard.
Now I can't watch the movie because of you.
>>
>>89717361
moddddsss
>>
I hope they don't overdue Lego movies like they did with Lego video games for franchises.
>>
>>89717004
There was a portal level?
>>
>>89712659
Next is Ninjago
After that is Lego Movie 2 (directed by the guy who directed Trolls and Shrek 4)
>>
>>89710746
affleck quit because wb is threatening to tank any picture he is in or produces, the first shot was on a dogs life
>>
>>89710819

It's currently higher rated than anything in the MCU as well

It's outrageous
>>
>>89722367

I think he quit because acting in a cinematic universe is already a lot of work
>>
I wasn't looking forward to this but the trailers changed my mind. The Reggae man outfit was pretty fucking funny.
>>
File: stretchface laugh.jpg (10KB, 317x267px) Image search: [Google]
stretchface laugh.jpg
10KB, 317x267px
>>89715443
>knocks Shadow's gun into the warp

Is this game usually that funny?
>>
Got high and watched it after work, funniest movie ever.
>>
>>89715526
Seriously it's like they deliberately set out to make all the wrong decisions with everything.
>>
>>89723224
>>89715526
>>89713935

It's because the DCEU is out of DC's hands. Johns came in to late to save this shit
>>
>>89710746

This is the best thing that could possibly happen. WB will realize that the DCEU is a complete fuck up but won't shelve DC entirely because it can succeed
>>
>>89712272
Lego Marvel movie when?
>>
>>89723362
>Disney paying WB to make a movie for them

never ever?
>>
File: 1392849777813.gif (213KB, 248x248px) Image search: [Google]
1392849777813.gif
213KB, 248x248px
>>89722363
>directed by the guy who directed Trolls and Shrek 4
>>
>>89723362
>Lego Marvel movie when?
There had been a few already.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Marvel_Super_Heroes:_Avengers_Reassembled
>>
>>89710746

no, he was caught trying to have sexual relations with Unikitty. To avoid scandal and bad press for the movie, he quit.
>>
File: 1445812926081.jpg (96KB, 800x437px) Image search: [Google]
1445812926081.jpg
96KB, 800x437px
>>89710852
>>
File: Don LaFontaine.jpg (45KB, 650x341px) Image search: [Google]
Don LaFontaine.jpg
45KB, 650x341px
>>89710819
IN A WORLD
WHERE EVEN TOY COMMERCIALS
ARE RATED HIGHER
THAN A BIG BUDGET BLOCKBUSTER
TO DEFEAT HIS GREATEST ENEMY
GOTHAM'S DARK KNIGHT
FINDS HIMSELF ON A JOURNEY
TO UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF FRIENDSHIP
FROM THE MAKERS OF 21 JUMP STREET
AND
THE LEGO MOVIE
A WARNER BROTHERS PICTURES FILM
WILL ARNETT
ZACH GALIFIANAKIS
MICHAEL CERA
ROSARIO DAWSON
THE LEGO BATMAN MOVIE
>>
>>89715392
But it's true. Batman has many utilities which all serve a purpose but any one of Superman powers can easily save the day.
>>
>>89723963
It's the same thing really. Batman uses x to save the day. Superman uses power x to save the day. You'll know they'll both succeed in the end because the next story gets announced or rumored ahead of time. The choice comes down to characterization and what shit you want to see (punching goons vs punching scifi shit). Just the nature of ongoing adventures.
>>
>>89717165
>Lego Batman is a sequel to The Lego Movie and part of that universe
I cannot decide if that is fucking genius or fucking retarded
>>
>>89715774
>>89717004
Lego doesn't do mature rated stuff
Someone put Shaun of the Dead on Lego Ideas, scored enough votes, and got rejected.
Another person did Firefly and also got rejected.
Traveler's Tales weren't allowed to add Mortal Kombat in the Midway level IIRC
>>
>>89722295
Yep, Glados interacted with Hal 9000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5zzndGoM3U
>>
>>89725158
>did black mesa send you
dam thats some nice appreciation for the setting i am impressed
>>
>>89725353
Its strange glados was perfectly in character while hal was just a bunch of memes
>>
>>89725353
Lego Dimensions has a lot of little details
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9Uxlo6SxTw
>That Bart interaction
>>
>>89711743
>There's nothing pessimistic about MoS or BvS.
Pa Kent
>>
>>89725372
>Its strange glados was perfectly in character while hal was just a bunch of memes
HAL gained self identity by accident, and his hardware is more primitive than Glados. HAL is famous, but not THAT smart.
>>
>>89725607
I was referring to the dave bit more then the emotions bit.
>>
>>89710920
but isent rotten tomatos owned by warner bros
>>
File: 1454056522742.png (234KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1454056522742.png
234KB, 500x400px
>>89710852
"Nobody cares" they said...
https://youtu.be/0Y8iRvQdSGA?t=371
>>
>>89715443
All I want is a stand alone Lego Ghostbusters and BTTF game
>>
>>89710746
ITT: manchildren central who don't even read comics
>>
>>89726073
How absolutely fucking retarded are you that you still don't know how RT works? All RT does is gather reviews from critics into one place so you can easily sift through them, the reviewers aren't employees of RT. The owner of the site is fucking meaningless.
>>
>>89726306
I know that but accusations of a bias work on the assumption there is corruption of some sort I am saying that if they were corrupt dc movies would not be getting low scores
>>
>>89726335
>I know that
You clearly don't. Rotten Tomatoes doesn't review anything, what do you not understand about this?
>>
>>89726362
I am not saying there is any fucking conspiracy you retard I am saying if there was it would not be against dc.

Yes they cannot really rig it outside of careful adjustment of inclusion criteria but there are people who believe they can and some of those people believe there is an anti dc bias I was pointing out in advance why that makes no sense.
>>
>>89726685
There's no conspiracy, there's just a bias towards 'fun' and 'funny' comic book movies because that's all critics think of comic books and superheroes - shallow entertainment for kids.
>>
>>89726729
more like a bias against total shit that has no respect for the characters and turns the moral center of its universe into a character willing to allow children to die in a car crash.
>>
File: [wake me up internally].png (53KB, 240x242px) Image search: [Google]
[wake me up internally].png
53KB, 240x242px
>>89710746
>Highest Rated DC movie since The Dark Knight
How will the DCEU ever recover?
>>
>>89713558
>>89713800
Lego is a joke universe. It's good as parody. I want to share and discuss serious part of DC universe. I want them to see legacy of DC characters. Something like DCAU, but more accurate. I want them to seee adaptation of some great stories like "to the man who has everything" or "long halloween", "dark victory" etc. Only thing that I can hear from normies about DC is "What? DC?" or "MARTHA" nowdays.
>>
File: BANE SUIT.jpg (97KB, 500x597px) Image search: [Google]
BANE SUIT.jpg
97KB, 500x597px
Move looks pretty funny famalamadingdong.

>Bane
>HELLO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNaZNwn_jp4
>>
>>89727115
that last line is truly genius marketing
>>
File: I guess zelda does like groose.jpg (43KB, 431x477px) Image search: [Google]
I guess zelda does like groose.jpg
43KB, 431x477px
>>89725406
>Lumpy Space Princess, huh? The last time I met a princess, I... we... I don't quite remember. Never mind.
Holy shit the absolute madmen
>>
>>89710819
you think your precious MCU is for grown ups?
>>
>>89710920
If anything it proves our point that you could've released Batman & Robin in 2016, it would've been 110% on RT.
>>
File: 1316925586516.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1316925586516.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>>89712937
>>89712972
People have gone back and forth with these "plot holes" several times and y'all just ignore it and claim they WEREN'T refuted, or you deny everything and just say "whatever the movie was still shit lol". Then someone posts them in the next thread. Rinse and repeat...

>tfw you're too stupid for dumb movies
>>
>>89726799
They'll embrace it.
>>
>>89727197
I said it at release and I will say it again now batman and robin was not that bad.
>>
>>89727197

I'll never understand you people. Do you unironically think that just because people prefer light-hearted comic book movies it means that they like anything light-hearted no matter what, regardless of comedy?

Are you actually mentally handicapped enough to think like this?
>>
File: 1484368659445.jpg (139KB, 1024x732px) Image search: [Google]
1484368659445.jpg
139KB, 1024x732px
>>89727174
>Gamer Kid has lines with E.T. and Marty McFly referencing their infamously, terrible shovelware titles
>Shaggy calls Bane "big guy"

This game is amazing when you give a chance to shine
>>
>>89727395
TT always had great writers, Lego City Undercover was legit funny a lot of the time. Makes me wonder why they keep making games based on properties that only use soundclips.
>>
>>89727359
are you so mentally handicapped that you need more winks and nods than soliciting anonymous gay sex in a bathroom to withstand a movie that doesn't crack a quip at every opportunity?
>>
>>89727424
posted too soon. Just like how every DC Hero doesn't benefit from that "Nolan treatment", not everyone translates through the Action Comedy Formula.
>>
>>89727424

That's right anon, no movie in human history has ever successfully combined humor and drama.

BvS is like a little kid's idea of what a "serious movie" is. Everyone is a angry robot who stands around dully repeating the Very Important Themes Snyder thinks matters while completely undercutting the characters.
>>
>>89727452
>a movie about a comic book vigilante detective that dresses up in bat iconography needs comedy and has to fight in the day time now to compete with the action comedy crowd.
>>
>>89727197
Green Lantern bombed so humor isn't everything
>>
>>89727576

That's right anon, no movie in human history has ever successfully combined humor and drama.
>>
>>89727617
Because it done wonders for GL.
>>
>>89727643

>implying GL had any actual drama to speak of
>>
>>89727617
"Muh levity" is a meme tied exclusively to the superhero genre in recent years, rather than to writing quality. No one's going to care about the fact that The Conjuring didn't have enough quips.

So while there are films and plays and novels that have displayed both humor and drama doing so has never been a requirement for crafting a high quality work.
>>
>>89727676

>No one's going to care about the fact that The Conjuring didn't have enough quips.

But The Conjuring had levity and humanity in the early moments, so maybe you might give a shit about the family being haunted when the ghost shit starts happening.

BvS was entirely dull and robotic performances outside of Eisenberg.
>>
>>89727676
VVitch needed comedy to be a better movie.
>>
>>89727601
GL wasn't funny, there was no flow, it was frankensteined like all WB movies.
>>
>>89727701
If there were any jokes in the Conjuring they clearly weren't overt or funny enough for me to actually remember them. Nothing like the "five jokes a minute" that's become the standard in capeshit.

>outside of Eisenberg
Yes. They used to call characters primarily involved with dispensing humor "comic relief characters." It was a genuine writing mistake to ever go beyond that in superhero films. Characters should only be funny if it's in character for them to do so, instead of having everyone speak with the same voice.
>>
>>89727743

Asking for levity and humor is not the same thing as asking for quips a minute. You know this, stop the false equivalences they make you sound like a petulant child.

>instead of having everyone speak with the same voice.

That's every character in both Snyder Superman films outside of the villains. They all either talk like dull philosophising college students or meathead rage machines.
>>
>>89727617
>implying the levity meme isn't a ploy for critics to snick and sneer if they apply the same MCU treatment to a DC movie.

We have the same people chanting that they need to take notes from Disney/Marvel Studios, but you know the moment they do is when all the "lol copycat" reviews come flooding like locusts.
>>
>>89727773
>Asking for levity and humor is not the same thing as asking for quips a minute

Because the films people asking for levity reference are films that dispense "quips a minute." This is literally a Lego Batman thread.

>>89727773
>That's every character in both Snyder Superman films outside of the villains

Which has nothing do with forcibly doing the same thing by turning every character into Jar-Jar Binks.
>>
>>89727716
what are you talking about it was funny as hell
>>
>>89727818
Maybe for the school shooter crowd, Elliot Roger.
>>
>>89727810
>This is literally a Lego Batman thread.
there are maybe five posts about that movie in this entire thread
>>
>>89727790

>a ploy for critics

I find it hilarious that people really think that critics all meet in some gigantic room like Cobra and all plan to shit on the DCEU. Imagine having that level of persecution complex.

And every time you point to them liking a darker comic book movie or talking shit about a lighter film you always get brushed off with "doesn't count" over and over and over and over again.
>>
>>89723917
Rest in peperoni sweet prince
>>
>>89727773
We have movies like the one in this very thread and movies like Cis-Busters and Sharknado reviewed positively for being jokes. the critics has spoken, they just want comedians in capes.
>>
>>89727860

Or maybe the DCEU ones are just bad at being serious?

Which makes more sense?
>>
>>89727790
>but you know the moment they do is when all the "lol copycat" reviews come flooding like locusts.
this is why I don't get people calling for a reboot

It's too late it was frankly too late last year but at least they tried to be something different. If they reboot and come back with Disney's Marvel's DC Movie Universe people aren't just suddenly going to love it and flock to it in droves they won't care since Marvel already has a Disney Marvel movie universe that's pumping out a movie for every season
>>
>>89727834
There are maybe five posts in this entire thread that aren't about Lego Batman. The rest are about the MCU or about how the DCEU should emulate Lego Batman by essentially becoming the Lego Movie.

>>89711296
FUN AND FAST PACED = QUALITY

Apparently, while

DREARY = BAD

There are people in this thread who believe that this is how you assess literary quality.
>>
File: 1458394917980.png (259KB, 752x565px) Image search: [Google]
1458394917980.png
259KB, 752x565px
>>89727879
Or maybe the critics are just shit that care more about their reps/looking woke than the movies they review? The Roots miniseries remake was absolute garbage, and it's literally a certified fresh.
>>
>>89727932
I don't have any hopes for the Wonder Woman movie, but the reception will be an interesting & telling hot mess.

Will the critics decide if they hate the DCEU more than they love to look woke towards progressive feminism? Keep in mind they "liked" Ghost Busters.

Perhaps if WW does get positive press, what message would that convey?
>>
File: 1486389680290.jpg (886KB, 1355x1892px) Image search: [Google]
1486389680290.jpg
886KB, 1355x1892px
>>89727232
>refuted

Some nigga saying that Lexus somehow had a plan to stop Abomination when he clearly had no idea on what he was doing is not a refutation.

Some nigga saying that superman went back to check the criminals that Batman was fighting, when the movie show nothing of the sort,is not a refutation.

Saying that Luthor is just randumb making a reference to Frankststein and out of nowhere, without any transition, throwing his 2 years long plan away - without seeing if it worked - is not a refutation.

People saying that BatAfleck is just as smart (or stupid/insane) as the plot demands, as well as Luthor, is not a refutation.

Have you ever wondered why people say that you snydercucks use headcanon to ignore it?
>>
>>89727896
X-movies were still miles above the DCEU tho, even the bad ones.
>>
>>89727932
Audience score nigga.

Also I don't think that you know how RT works.
>>
File: salon.png (561KB, 660x678px) Image search: [Google]
salon.png
561KB, 660x678px
>>89727840
Bitch, the same critics that bitch about gunworship in SS loved John Wick 2. The same critics that bitched about 2 toxic masculine white males fighting eachother in BvS seemed to love Civil War. Why is it that DC reviews get political?
>>
>>89727912
This

I will never understand this phobia that modern audiences, and especially millennials, have of "negativity" or anything that is not 100% nonstop Fun and """""comfy""""".
>>
>>89727790
>but you know the moment they do is when all the "lol copycat" reviews come flooding like locusts.
That's only because they spent so long parroting how "different" and "director-driven" and darker they were than Marvel that when they turn things around to start going in the opposite direction, of course that's going to happen
>>
>>89711292
very Whitty, Stephen
>>
File: 1484247280573.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1484247280573.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>89728079
>Critics hate the POTUS for being a smarmy arrogant billionaire who objectifies women
>yet cheers for Tony Stark
>>
>>89727932
>Not knowing how RT TV reviews work
Congratulations, you played yourself
>>
>>89728087

> have of "negativity" or anything that is not 100% nonstop Fun and """""comfy""""".

Or maybe the DCEU is just bad at it.
>>
>>89728009
if we went by audience score we wouldn't be calling BvS and SS the worst movies ever made
>>
>>89728105
>SJWs hate Trump's immigration ban
>but loves Attack on Titan.
This...Wow! I actually thought something!
>>
>>89710819
Kids don't like edgy shit
>>
File: subtle af.png (42KB, 742x106px) Image search: [Google]
subtle af.png
42KB, 742x106px
>>89728105
>>
>>89728087
People are hyped for Logan, not for Justice League of Quips and Flash as Jar Jar.

Think about it.

Maybe it is the DCEU that actually sucks.

Also YOU are a millennial too.

Hell, even if you weren't already a millennial, you acting like a victim in some sort of conspiracies goes in hand with millennial mentality.
>>
>>89728245
>People are hyped for Logan
people were also hyped for BvS and SS. Maybe trailers with music aren't everything that they're cracked up to be?
>>
>>89728105
Worked for Lex Luthor as well...well, kinda
>>
>>89728262
You are only proving my point.

The DCEU is shut on its execution.
>>
>>89728245
>not for Justice League of Quips and Flash as Jar Jar.

Your fucking delusional mate, people wont shut up about JL and WW.

Hear a lot about gotg 2 and ww as well.

nobody gives a fuck about logan no matter how hard you want it to be true. i mean i still think it looks good, but its low on peoples hype list.
>>
>>89728343
>and ww as well.
mean thor
>>
>>89728343
>wont shut up about JL
>film about best capeshit team is less hyped than bunch of reddit literally whos
That's Hack's legacy.
>>
>>89727840
I'm not saying they gather around like the legion of doom on how they plan to destroy the Justice League, but clearly they come in with their minds made up the moment when they see a movie directed by Zack Snyder, the epitome Chad with a camera, who got the job through jewish partisanship (Jews! Hiss! Muslims? Yay!), and promotes toxic masculinity that upsets them. He hits all the wrong notes of a first impression. You might as well have got Zimmerman to direct the movie
>>
>>89728375
no, more hype for JL really, get outside more dude
>>
>>89728381
Snyder's Christian though
>>
>>89710746
>a WB movie doing better than... a WB movie

IT'S OVER WB IS FINISHED

I'm ready for the Legoverse to take over.
>>
>>89728403
Christian? in the current year? They probably marked that down too.
>>
>>89728388
My friends and co-workers doesn't even know what JL is, mate. They loved guardians of reddit, loved iron man, avengers etc. But they were disgusted by SS and BvS. No one gives a single shit about WW, JL and any DCEU project anymore. People were tricked by 10/10 trailers to watch this garbage, but they won't anymore.
>>
>>89728375
Because the first one was amazing and that trailer for the new one is probably one of the best trailers ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaLNiC-bKHQ
>>
>>89728388
Stop your delusion.

People are more hyped for ducking Thor.
>>
>>89728381

I love how you just pulled all this dime-store psychology out of nowhere.

>they just hate masculinity! They hate Chad directors!

How many excuses are you people going to pull pout? We're getting to blaming the phases of the moon territory.
>>
>>89728421
>cringe humor
>meh visual
>meh music
You were sarcastic, right?
>>
>>89728439
Don't have to do any sort of mental gymnastics to see a bullshit trend going on. The reviews tell it all.
>>
File: 1327191167172.jpg (23KB, 477x331px) Image search: [Google]
1327191167172.jpg
23KB, 477x331px
>>89728432
>People are more hyped for fucking Loki
Can't say the same about the Actors who clearly wanted out.
>>
>>89728087
>I will never understand this phobia that modern audiences, and especially millennials, have of "negativity" or anything that is not 100% nonstop Fun and """""comfy""""".

You know that you are pathetic right? >What is Mad Max?
>What is Rogue One where everybody tucking died?

You are just made because the Sucker Punch tier movies of the DCEU are considered shut, and try to boil it down to everyone being against you and Snyder, and boiling things down to a "formula".
>>
>>89728458
We aren't talking about the JL trailer with Flash watching Rick&Morty mate.
>>
>>89728417
opposite for me mate, most people loved SS and BvS just as much as CW or Strange. But way more people speak about JL than any other capeshit stuff.

That said i'm in uni, so it could just be an age thing.

>>89728432
Pretty sure your the only one thats deluded here buddy
>>
>>89728459

>The reviews tell it all.

The movies are garbage?

You people need to stop thinking that just because they don't like how something is done in one movies doesn't mean they hate it forever. You can say "I hate how the hyper masculine style is portrayed in this" doesn't mean that they hate all forms of masculinity, don't know why this concept has to be explained about reviews to /tv/ and /v/ and /co/.

This is not a difficult concept.
>>
>>89711292
>every future dceu review
>>
>>89728505
>opposite for me mate, most people loved SS and BvS

Except that all reviews and scores by fans show otherwise.

Except that both movies did less on USA than Deadpool and CW...and Pets.

Except that it sells less DVDs than Deadpool and CW.
>>
>>89711432
I believe that currently only Lego Ninjago (later 2017) and The Lego Movie 2 have been announced
>>
>>89728481
>>89728112

Why even bother to defend Post-Millenials when they straight up tell that they have shit taste?

>>89711296
>>
>>89728507
>You can say "I hate how the hyper masculine style is portrayed in this" doesn't mean that they hate all forms of masculinity, don't know why this concept has to be explained about reviews to /tv/ and /v/ and /co/.

Because this shit has happened to comics and video games (especially video games) several times and still goes unchecked. The same people that bitch about misogyny & violence in a anime booby game, but turn around praise GTAV. Sorry, critics know now they can affect a score to push their shit in movies because literal plebs literally plan their weekend on those scores.
>>
>>89728498
>b-but DCEU!
It both shit, anon.
>>89728505
>it could just be an age thing.
You're right. Both BvS and SS were targeting 12-18 yo audience.
>>
>>89728533
Critics=/=most people
Besides since when has /co/ of all places taken critical review seriously?

>scores by fans show otherwise.
normal people aren't the type to use imdb and leave rotten tomatoes scores friend.

>Except that both movies did less on USA than Deadpool and CW...and Pets.
Sure? i mean nobody really talks about CW anymore but Deadpool did good for sure. Not sure why its relevant though.

>Except that it sells less DVDs than Deadpool and CW.
What are you talking about here man? Im fairly certain SS and BvS largely outsold CW on blu-ray and dvd, i know deadpool was like the second best seller of the year though.

I dont get whats difficult to understand about people being hyped for JL dude.
>>
>>89728498
>still triggered about Rick & Morty playing in the blurred background.
>>
>>89728381
>Zack Snyder, the epitome Chad
Oh my god you can't be serious
>>
>>89728593
i would say BvS would be more a late teens thing, but yeah you're probably right, but then most blockbusters are these days, specially capeshit
>>
>>89728616
well anyone that doesn't go on to brag how he is an ally of womyn like Joss Whedon would be a Patriarchal Chad in their eyes.
>>
>>89728579

> because literal plebs literally plan their weekend on those scores.

You people are insane. RT scores have never mattered to major Hollywood films, there's nothing more pathetic then when people unironcially try and pretend that a few hundred critics somehow affect billions of dollars moving around.

>The same people that bitch about misogyny & violence in a anime booby game, but turn around praise GTAV.

Because you can have the opinion of "I don't like how Game A handled a concept, but I liked how Movie B handled that concept." You're arguing that sweeping blanket statements are the ideal criticism even though this has never been true. People want criticism to become the same as Internet shitposting.
>>
>>89728650
All this talk about critics is just plain stupid anyway, because despite it, BvS and SS are still pathetically bad.
>>
>>89728683
nah, you just poor taste mate
>>
>>89725158
completely and utterly rekt
>>
>>89728611
>normal people aren't the type to use imdb

Yes they are. I can tell what the general consensus of what a GoT episode is because hundreds of normal people have rated it an hour after it airs.
>>
>>89728650
>there's nothing more pathetic then when people unironcially try and pretend that a few hundred critics somehow affect billions of dollars moving around.
Major picture distributors seem to care enough to plaster RT scores on their ads. So you can sell that bullshit to someone else, jackass.

>Because you can have the opinion of "I don't like how Game A handled a concept, but I liked how Movie B handled that concept."
Too bad instances most instances those critics for say video games are wrong. Though video game reviews are more corrupt considering most of those sites have publisher ties to them.
>>
>>89728699
Sorry, but BvS is just too full of plot holes and characters acting just for the sake of the plot (instead of naturaly) to work. It's pretty had, and will be remembered as fondly as the prequels of star wars, has a lot of the same mistakes.
>>
>>89728611
>Besides since when has /co/ of all places taken critical review seriously?
you're in a thread like many before this one that takes RT scores seriously for shitposting purposes.
>>
>>89728720

>Major picture distributors seem to care enough to plaster RT scores on their ads

hahahahahaha

That's literally free advertising, of course they'll slap this on their box covers. It doesn't mean shit.

RT scores only matter to indie movies, the idea that you think hundreds of millions of dollars is hilarious.
>>
>>89728716
>A large majority of idmb users are either autistic or shitposters, theres a reason they're shutting down the message boards for good in few weeks.

>>89728733
fair, typically dont go in any film related threads on /co/

>>89728722
>full of plot holes and characters acting just for the sake of the plot (instead of naturaly) to work.
not him but what are you talking about, i dont remember any plot holes
>>
>>89728733
To be honest, they aren't so bad. I decided to ignore them and watched BvS on theater, because "it couldn't be that bad, critics are just biased or so".

Turns out, it was that bad.

So keep everyone I saw the poor reception of SS, I decided to not pay to watch that shit.

Months later I pirated it, and turns out...it was even worse than BvS.
>>
>>89711667
They just rearrange old shit. After all that's how the fanboys defend them, they recognize this or the other inspiration and thus claim the movies' detractors are only plebs that never "actually" read Superman

Superman killed Zod before, papa Kent always dies at some point, Batman and Superman always fight at some point, Doomsday was made to kill Supes, Luthor has been a buffoon before, artificial Kryptonian breeding was from Byrne, MoS' first flight scene was straight from Birthright like the idea of a traveling Clark, pseudo-Christian metaphors are nothing new with capes etc.

It's just that they're doing all of it in the worst way possible, mixing themes and situations that don't fit and adding stupid changes like Jonathan dying because of a tornado instead of a simple heart attack, to make an example

They're like a Frankenstein monster
>>
>>89728755
>the idea that you think hundreds of millions of dollars is hilarious.
Now quote me where I said this, dumbass.
>>
>>89728765
I was just on the Pet Semetary message board a day ago; it's filled with normal people and middle aged wives with kids. If the majority of people on the capeshit boards are dumb then that's probably because that's the sort if demographic capeshit attracts. But even boards for old and obscure movies are way to popular to just go, "lol it's just a minority."
>>
good christ you people are fucking autistic
>>
File: John-Wick-Blu-ray.jpg (3MB, 1000x1201px) Image search: [Google]
John-Wick-Blu-ray.jpg
3MB, 1000x1201px
>>89728611
>Besides since when has /co/ of all places taken critical review seriously?
it's always been taken seriously there have been ads about "what critics are saying" for decades

RT is showing up on movie covers now. It's a seal of quality
>>
>>89728815
yeah your right, the only problem with loosing the message boards is a lot of stuff on obscure films will be lost, which is a shame as they'll lose interesting trivia which never gets posted on the page and occasional good discussion.
>>
>>89728852
yeah but theres a shit ton of quality media (Film, comic, book etc.) that was critically panned but proven popular today
>>
>>89728870
And even more that wasn't.
>>
>>89728870
name fucking five good films that were badmouthed by critics
>>
>>89728879
No, THERE ARE.

THE point is that snydercucks somehow think that it will happen with their shut, when instead, they will be remembered as less than the prequel star wars. More likely, they will be remembered as DBZ Evolution.
>>
>>89728928
Even the prequels are getting more positivity these days, now that people are wising up to the bland nostalgia baiting of TFA,
>>
>>89728879
Scrooged
Alien
The Thing
Psycho
Night of the Hunter

and there's plenty more where that came from
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
>>
>>89728950
Not really.

TFA is better than any presequel.
>>
>>89728875
>>89728879
>Night of the Hunter
>predator
>Blues Brothers
>Nosferatu (Herzog)
>Peeping Tom
>Night of the Living dead
>Day of the dead (debatably)
>Texas Chainsaw Massacre
>Razorback
>Psycho
>Alien 3
>Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
>Conan the Barbarian
>Neon Demon
>Hardcore Henry
>the Thing (Carpenter version)
>Fight Club i think
>2001
>Die Hard
>Pain and Gain
>Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
>>
>>89728972
You forgot

>The Last Airbender
>DragonBall Zealand Evolution

They are also true kino, like BvS level.
>>
>>89728969
Only the OT was truly ever good

The PT's only good contribution to history was pushing the CGI envelope
>>
>>89728928
you know nobody sane actually hates the prequels right?
>>
>>89728972
>Fight Club i think
you think right
>that spoiler
you think wrong
>>
>>89728985
Never seen them, cant say
>>
>>89728969
TFA invalidated everything that happened n the Original Trilogy. It only beats Revenge of the Sith in terms of acting.
>>
>>89728994
Snydercucks are prequelfags.

What is new? Shit taste attract shut movies.
>>
>>89728999
sorry anon i tried
>>
>>89729016
i dont even like bvs dumbass.

Why are you so unable to spell the word shit you fucking faggot
>>
>>89728928
You don't get to like DBZ and shit on MoS.
>>
>>89729012
Not really, you got the same mix of bland and cringy young people and good older actors wasted in dumb shit.

Only with the Mouse hype machine behind it like it's the second coming of Christ.
>>
>>89729048
turns out snydercucks are also illiterate
>>
>>89728969
LMAO, the same critics love TFA for the same reasons they bitched about Prequels.

Also not really hard to top the prequels when YOU LITERALLY COPY THE ORIGINAL.

For Force Awakens? More like, A Renewed Hope! Wasn't that hard to fuck up, all you had to do was not add Jar Jar.
>>
>>89728879
You got anywhere to go this morning?
>>
TOMORROW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsNKlHQeCoM
>>
>>89729079
You implied that MoS was on DBZ Evolution's level of quality when it's more comparable to DBZ which is remembered fondly.
>>
>>89729091
More like An Aborted Hope since Luke fucked up and did fuck all for years. The old heroes all fucked up thanks to walking deus ex machinas.

But it's Disney so it's cool. Star Wars is saved.
>>
>>89728765
>not him but what are you talking about, i dont remember any plot holes

There wasn't. This board and perhaps most of people that talk about the movie are made up of anons that probably heckled and shitposted through out the movie yet want a play-by-play of what happened. Why do you think there are so many "what he mean by that?" and "what's his end game?" threads? Sure a good portion of the time they're just wanting to meme, but some are entitlement retarded and are incapable of following a Dr. Seuss book.
>>
>>89729012
Daisy Ridley was hot shit.
Boyega was good but his character was inconsistent.
>>
>>89728722
0 plot holes, great characters, etc. Give up already. Admit BvS was a 10/10 and that your taste is garbage. Go watch Ghostbusters 2016 if you want the kinds of movies that you like and let us watch the good ones.
>>
>>89729127

why was Rey so good at everything?
>>
File: city.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
city.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
>>89729122

cool. another toy seller and part of the Lego Cinematic Universe.
>>
>>89729248
Nah, 8/10 at best, no capeshit can objectively be a 10/10 and i'm saying this as someone who loves the film.
>>
>>89729122
>>89729288
>Lego cinematic universe is a thing
Oh fuck, I don't know if I should be happy for that.
>>
>>89710746
>both this and John Wick 2 only have 1 rotten review
is this RTs new thing they hold back on all the rotten reviews until release day?
>>
>>89729348
never be happy about anything unless there's a Disney logo in front of it

safer that way
>>
>>89729348

WB found a way to recompensate for the DCEU mess.
>>89729372

come again?
>>
>>89729348
they also got a Kaiju Universe
>>
File: simply the best.png (255KB, 1112x403px) Image search: [Google]
simply the best.png
255KB, 1112x403px
>>89729379
>Rogue One: A Star Wars Story- 85%
>Pete's Dragon- 86%
>Captain America: Civil War- 90%
>Doctor Strange- 91%
>Queen of Katwe- 92%
>Finding Dory- 94%
>The Jungle Book- 94%
>Moana- 95%
>Zootopia- 98%

is english not your first language or something?
>>
>>89729123
He wasn't me.

Also, MOS is remembered just like the "least bad" movie of the DCEU, and is more divisive than DBZ.
>>
>>89728087
How old are you?

Were you in kindergarten when The Dark Knight came out or some?
>>
>>89729507
formulatic shit and paid critics.after i saw how they make their animated movies i dont like this company anymore.
>>
>>89729122
A heavily edited version of the Master (to protect from copyright) short featuring Jackie Chan as Master Wu has been uploaded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh93Wc4YZJw
>>
>>89729584
The people in high school for the Dark Knight are in the mid-20s now. Both the people who frequent /co/ and those who complain about the lack of "fun" in everything are younger kids who grew up with the MCU, after serious action cartoons were basically dead. He said Millenials, but what he really meant is post-Millenial. Millenials are the people who grew with The Matrix, Gargoyles, the Fox X-Men, and eventually The Dark Knight.
>>
>>89729271
Rey was the least of my complaints. They shouldn't have made Luke a failure. They made the OT pointless.
>>
>>89710854
But what exactly is it that keeps making DCEU Movies bad?

Someone explain this
>>
>>89729793
Man of Steel was made in a rush because of a copyright lawsuit with the Siegel and Shuster families

Only Snyder was willing to work with Goyer's rushed script

Then they decided to build a whole universe on it

Basically Fant4stic times 100
>>
>>89729793
we have countless times every time there's a DCEU thread which thankfully isn't often

go check the archive or look here >>89703553
hell go back through this thread I'm sure the reasons are in here too
>>
>>89729695
You know that this is not true right? This is just you making scenarios up where you are right.
>>
>>89729793
WB is director-driven in all the wrong ways and committee-driven in all the wrong ways too

When they get strong directors with a vision like Burton or Nolan, they set them loose and they make gold

But when they get bad directors like Snyder, all the freedom hurts the films

Then their committee meddles in bad films making them worse, like Batman and Robin and Suicide Squad

They can't even make cookie cutter cape movies, it's either really good or really bad
>>
File: 51EG732BV3L.jpg (42KB, 338x475px) Image search: [Google]
51EG732BV3L.jpg
42KB, 338x475px
>>89729881
Which part isn't true? Because everything up there is pretty undeniable; /co/'s age demographic, as well as that of 4han as a whole, errs low, and due to this most of the people here are post-Millennials who grew up with ]newer media as opposed to the older, often more serious, stuff that Millenials and people from Generation X grew up with.
>>
>>89729987
But millennial AND post millenia like hate the DCEU, because it is bad.

It's quite simple.

Rogue One killed the entire cast and Mad Max was great at the time and people love it asking for more, Logan seems promising. This alone prove that you are full of shit.
>>
>>89730101
>Logan seems promising
>literally The Last of US
>promising
>>
>>89730155
Great non argument.
>>
>>89730101
Post-Millenials are always talking about how the DCEU, as well as just about anything else that's vaguely dark, is too dreary to the point that "fun" has acquired meme status in recent years.
>>
>>89730173
The movies that I listed prove you wrong though.
>>
>>89730173
>to the point that "fun" has acquired meme status in recent years.

You should leave 4chan sometime, spending all of your time on /v/ and /tv/ where post millenials claim that fun is a buzzword will fry your brain.
>>
>>89730173
Post-Millenials are the only ones who liked BvS and SS, mate.
>>
>>89730160
It's literally the same Lone Wolf & Cub angry violent sad dad bull shit they've been shoving down our throats since Taken
>>
>>89730238
And?
>>
>>89730196
>Mad Max
>a grimdark (or as post-millenials call it "grimderp") franchise from the 70s enjoyed by people other than post-Millenials

"Edgy" has also been completely ruined by them.
>>
>>89730252
It's boringly unimaginative and hardly refreshing
>>
>>89730261
Another non argument and projection.

Nice straw man fallacy.
>>
>>89730252
and it's shit
>>
>>89730299
Do you know what a Straw Man Fallacy even is?
>>
>>89730289
Looks like you don't know how fiction works.

How any of it mean "it won't be good"?
>>
>live action fags still trying to derail a good animation thread

lmao, fuck off to /tv/
>>
>>89730317
It's a pretty fucking obvious straw man fallacy.

>huuur these people doesn't Ike THIS! They ACTUALLY think THIS! Even if evidence shows clearly the contrary!
>>
>>89729949
You can't actually think Nolan's good yet snyder still bad cannot you?
>>
>>89730341
>a good animation thread
it was never that go read the OP again and then kill yourself
>>
>>89730324
Because it's recycling an old dynamic that's been already explored an exhausted to death. This would've been the all the rage back then. Too bad it'll be shit.
>>
>>89730367
>thread about Lego Batman's critical success
>not a good animation thread

what?
>>
>>89730411
>Because it's recycling an old dynamic that's been already explored an exhausted to death.

Welcome to all of fiction.
>>
>>89730435
and most are shit for it. whodunit?
>>
>>89730352
No. A Straw Man Fallacy is when you present a weak argument and claim that the opposition holds it just so you can tear it down. You're throwing around big words and phrases you don't know and presenting them as arguments.

>Even if evidence shows clearly the contrary

Their abuse of "edgy," "grimdark," and "grimderp" towards everything, using "fun" to mean lighthearted while using "dreary," "dark," and "depressing" as criticisms does anything but. Don't even get me started on their attempts to add bright colors to the DCEU.
>>
>>89730428
no it's a thread about DCEU and Batfleck being shit the picture is just to rub it in it has nothing to do with Lego Batman
>>
>>89724052

Well that and retards shit on Superman for being too powerful without realizing his enemies all all scaled up to his level/even stronger like Batman's goons are with him.
>>
File: 1486184800623.png (85KB, 384x484px) Image search: [Google]
1486184800623.png
85KB, 384x484px
>>89730317
Niggame, to your claim being true you would have to show proof that:

>millenials like old movies that you mentioned, while post millenials hate these same movies

>only post millenials doesn't like shit like BvS, while only post millenials like.

>post millenials don't like more serious and dark movies, like the last Mad Max.

If ANY of these isn't true, your argument is meanless and empty. How you are going to prove any of these points?
>>
>>89730472
The characters of the DCEU come from comics remarked for their characters using bright colors to begin with.
>>
>>89730505
>millenials like old movies that you mentioned, while post millenials hate these same movies

Younger people don't watch or listen to older anything for the most part. This is obvious.

>only post millenials doesn't like shit like BvS, while only post millenials like.

There have always been people, Millenials are otherwise, who don't like horror movies or things that are depressing. With post-millenials, though, this is far more common than it was with the X-ers who devoured 90s edge and slasher flicks.

>post millenials don't like more serious and dark movies, like the last Mad Max.

A lot of them hate anything that's "edgy." Not just Mad Max.
>>
>>89710819
Big blockbuster movies are all product placement movies. I'm surprised you don't know this.
>>
>>89730472
>post millenials say and believe in x, and thus, this is why DCEU movies have a bad reception

>not an straw man.
>>
>>89730640
It's hilarious that you make claims and generalizations without proof.
>>
>>89730573
The characters of the DCEU come from comics with hundreds of artists and colorists that have have dealt with them. This is something people who don't read comics don't get, which is why you have lines from shit like Kill Bill about how Superman comics aren't well written or well draw, as if all of it is the work of one guy.
>>
File: arguing on 4chan.gif (2MB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
arguing on 4chan.gif
2MB, 300x226px
>>89730703
>>89730684
>>89730710
>>
>>89730640
Everybody loved Mad Max, /tv/.
>>
>>89730710
But anon is right regarding golden age, silver age,and most of the modern age on the big 2.

How can you deny it?
>>
File: 1486475090029.jpg (162KB, 1004x616px) Image search: [Google]
1486475090029.jpg
162KB, 1004x616px
>>89730703
>It's hilarious that you make claims and generalizations without proof

You need proof that younger people don't typically listen to Dad Rock or watch movies made before their time?

>>89730684
A Straw Man isn't just a generic bad argument or whatever you happen to disagree with. If your beef is with the idea that they don't like the DCEU for being depressing or "bleak" you have an uphill battle to disprove it though.
>>
>>89723378
>>89722363
did anyone save the post about the guy who's girlfriend is really into Ninjago?
>>
>>89730808
>younger people don't typically listen to Dad Rock or watch movies made before their time?

But they listen and whatch.

This said,most of these movies aren't even 10 years old.

And millenials funding hate BvS
>>
>>89725148
There's lots of mature franchises in Lego Dimensions. You straight up walk around as Tom cruise with a gun from Mission Impossible.
>>
>>89730808
>implying MOS wasn't bleak and bad

If it was bleak and good, it could have an excuse for being so unlike the source.
>>
>>89730808
What makes you think that those aren't 20 something years old (and thus millenials) hating a bad movie?
>>
>>89730851
>But they listen and whatch.
"Dad Rock" is called "Dad Rock" because they don't listen and watch.

>This said,most of these movies aren't even 10 years old.
So? They didn't grow up with these movies and like most people tend to like things that are similar to what they actually did grow up with.

>And millenials funding hate BvS
Because it's "depressing" and "bleak"? That's doubtful.
>>
>>89730948
To be honest there are multiple reasons to shot on BvS, not liking the tone with the characters is valid as a criticism towards an adaptation. It could have changed people's minds if it was good, but it isn't.
>>
>>89730875
Then why complain about the bleakness at all if this didn't top the list in terms of pet peeves?

>>89730887
Because for most of the 90s and 2000s "it's dark" was not used as a primary criticism.
>>
>>89730997
What a stretch.
>>
>>89730997
Because seems that nobody wants to watch a bleak superman movie, that also manages to be bad executed.
>>
>>89730981
I'm curious about what your example for this would be. Tone is pretty much never a valid criticism, particularly for characters with as many iterations as superheroes.
>>
>>89731042
MING a reboot of an horror comedy into just comedy for example, is a pretty good way on how you can funk up with the tone of an adaptation.

But people will only mention it if your execution was so shut that people didn't liked the new take.
>>
>>89711449
There's a difference in having weirder obscure Bat characters cameo and shooting Jimmy Olsen in the face.
>>
File: 1485833805568.jpg (14KB, 170x366px) Image search: [Google]
1485833805568.jpg
14KB, 170x366px
>>89730948
>TKR is "dad rock"

>young people with 20 years never watched or liked a movie made on the last 10 years

Godamn, you look like an out of touch 50 years old talking about the young generation.
>>
>>89731086
>MING
Never heard of it, but "it's funny" sounds like a shit criticism, as well.

>But people will only mention it if your execution was so shut that people didn't liked the new take.
I'd be inclined to believe this if people complained less about the tone and more about the "shit execution." If its that blatant there's no point in even harping on about the tone.
>>
>>89731031
More like, nobody wantsvto watch anything rated above PG-13, or it will trigger them. It's why the titular war in Civil War amount to a single sparring session at an airport in Germany and at the end Steve sends Tony a letter and everything is back to being hunky dory and safe and sanitized.
>>
>>89731174
/co/ has actually turned on the TDK.
>>
>>89731215
Not really.
>>
>>89731206
Which is why nobody liked Deadpool?
>>
File: 1485870531626.gif (958KB, 500x237px) Image search: [Google]
1485870531626.gif
958KB, 500x237px
>>89731206
>>
>>89731189
>I'd be inclined to believe

What you believe doesn't matter tho.
>>
>>89731215
overrated trash
>>
Undeniable proof that capeshit was made to be FUN.
When you forget that, shit happens.
Why is Justice League International (you know the one) top rated when it had 90% B and C characters in it? Because it's fucking fun
>>
>>89731174
There is a major disconnect between early milennials and late 90s millennials, all right. Which shows similar traits to a generational gap, even though it obviously isn't. The latter, for example, are much more likelt to be far left than the 90s kids, who grew up as part of that decade's penchant for cynicism and individualism.
>>
So anyway, Lego Batman

>>89731206
>More like, nobody wantsvto watch anything rated above PG-13, or it will trigger them
Deadpool
>>
>>89731300
all movies are supposed to be FUN
>>
>>89731247
Filmpool is shit babby compared to the comics.
>>
>>89731288
Get on with the times. Memes are stronger than facts now.
>>
>>89731364
Nah, you are a shit baby.
>>
>>89731342
who the fuck wants to talk about Lego shit?

go start your own thread you wanna talk about that toy seller and take this shit with you >>89729122
>>
>>89731235
Yes, really.

https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/89102146/#89102272
https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/89092383/#89093875
>>
>>89728611
>Critics=/=most people
Revenue does though.
>>
>>89728087
>I will never understand this phobia that modern audiences, and especially millennials, have of "negativity" or anything that is not 100% nonstop Fun and """""comfy""""".
Who the fuck uses comfy in that context outside of 4chan?
>>
>>89731416
>comment has less than 9 quotes
>less than 3 people saying that they didn't liked it to begin with

>most people saying that you can written something good one time, and something shit later.

>some people even saying that they liked the movie but not the script.

What is your point? How this show that a board with hundreds people per day suddenly changed its mind?
>>
>>89731522
>implying he goes outside of 4chan
>>
>>89728087

It's weird, because the 90's was about being super edgy. Are we going into a conservative mood swing?
>>
>>89728950
Prequel massaging is being done by Disney who while they're smart enough to keep as much prequelshit as possible out of their new movies still do own the rights and want to be able to peddle blurays so have to push the new narrative "they weren't as bad as you remember, honest, pls buy."
>>
>>89728087
>>89731934
>It's weird, because the 90's was about being super edgy. Are we going into a conservative mood swing?
It isn't about conservative. It is that people like edgy when the economy is good, but want fun and bright things when the economy is bad. 90's were when the economy was booming and people didn't worry about anything. The more tough reallife is, the less appealing dark and edgy is.
>>
>>89725406

>Talk about humungous
>>
>>89732181

A ton of 90's stuff was total escapism too, but it wasn't all rehashes of old franchises or relying on nostalgia. And young people weren't trying to remove boobs or violence from media, it was soccer moms.
>>
>>89728105
I'm going to say something that might come across as shocking, but did you know that Tony Stark isn't real?
>>
>>89710746
>>89710819
No we do not.

Marvel drones are scared that DC will surpass them, so they hire critics to trash the movies, despite the audience loving them (see Suicide Squad).
>>
>>89732181
This is some bulshit, you know?

If you read the story of Star Wars, you would know that it was Lucas attempt to break Hollywood out of their pessimistic gang movies, with a modern fairytail.
>>
>>89732333

Also, Star Wars is super dark. It's based in the post-Nam, post Nixon malaise.
>>
>>89732287
>He actually thinks that some few peopel on tumblr have any power

Kind of patethic.
>>
>>89732382

That's what people said befor-- ignore them and nothing will happen. Look at what happened.
>>
>>89732329

Also, Tony Stark post 2007 is much less of a dick.
>>
>>89732447
We are talking about movies, not comics.

Comics are one of the shittiest mediuns that barely anyone care about. Obviouysly that they cant handle pressure.
>>
File: disgusted-clint-eastwood.gif (858KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted-clint-eastwood.gif
858KB, 240x228px
Capeshit wars is fucking cancer. No wonder why Ridley Scott and Mel Gibson hate the genre, people only care about these "le nerd" movies and don't even watch movies with good acting and coherent plots anymore, since those under-perform and big studios only care about getting "le geek" money nowadays.

Just the Manchester by the Sea trailer alone is better than all the capeshit movies put together, but people won't watch that and will pay to see Faggot v. Queer :Dawn of Anal Fuck Civil War instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsVoD0pTge0
>>
>>89731392
they made DP completely sane, barely disfigured, and let him bang a hot chick
cape movies are fucking trash
>>
File: gob and franklin bluth.jpg (106KB, 447x309px) Image search: [Google]
gob and franklin bluth.jpg
106KB, 447x309px
This is the definitive Batman actor.
>>
>>89729853
Citations? I remember it being said that Nolan picked Snyder because he thought Snyder had the visual flair to make his vision of Superman work.
>>
>>89730357
Lol idiot post. Nolan is obviously better than Snyder. Even if you dont like Nolan to say he is anywhere near as bad as Snyder is just you being an asshole.
>>
>>89736312
Nolan is trash and is only good at jokes while Snyder is good at everything. Your position would be flipped if Nolan was unpopular and Snyder was popular, while mine would stay the same regardless.
>>
File: 4chan.jpg (159KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
4chan.jpg
159KB, 1600x900px
>>89715443
>Tfw no LEGO Kamen Rider
God fucking damn it, Toei.
>>
>>89736453
> Snyder is my god

The Kino is reaching maximum levels here. How much more can the Snyder Apologists take? Their movies getting BTO by the MCU and now Lego kids movies? Surely this must all be a part of the nepotistic Movie critic agenda!
>>
>>89736605
>who are you quoting?
>>
File: flat,800x800,070,f.u1.jpg (54KB, 800x705px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,070,f.u1.jpg
54KB, 800x705px
>>89727115

dat "nnnn..."

why is is so funny.
>>
>>89736453
>Nolan is only good at jokes
Odd, I don't remember the Joker actually cracking any jokes, except 'and I thought my jokes were bad,' if you count that as a joke.
>>
>>89737372
The Joker didn't do any jokes, funnily enough. I was talking about everyone but the Joker. "What are ya, superstitious?!" cracks me up every time. So does "I'm not wearing hockey pads" for different reasons.
>>
>>89737427
Oh and another one is "potential Batman suspects" the one guy had on his wall. It's too bad that I can't remember a lot of that movie. It had some really great scenes. I'd have to check my notes for some more diamonds.
>>
>>89710746
>Is this why Affleck quit?
Ben quit DC? Does that mean theres no JL2 or Batman film? Hell, I thought he was acting AND directing Batman. Thats nuts. I wonder why he quit DC
>>
>>89738321
>directing batman
>he doesn't know
>>
>>89738321
>>89738360
He's producing and acting but not directing because he "can't do both jobs." I don't blame him. Directing in a batsuit would be cool, but you'd probably die of heat stroke.
>>
How did they stop the duplos
>>
>>89738321
>Ben quit DC? Does that mean theres no JL2 or Batman film? Hell, I thought he was acting AND directing Batman. Thats nuts. I wonder why he quit DC
>>89738633
>He's producing and acting but not directing because he "can't do both jobs." I don't blame him. Directing in a batsuit would be cool, but you'd probably die of heat stroke.
There is a rumour that Ben is considering quitting Batman.

And the only reason why that rumour exists, is because Ben Affleck is NOT contractually obligated to actually take part in it. He was contracted for BvS, cameo in Suicide Squad, and Justice League 1 and 2. He has NOT signed up to play Batman in the solo film, and it is a mystery why he had not already done so.

Yes, it is very likely that Ben will play Batman in the film he had written and produced. But currently there is nothing that stops him from just walking away. He isn't physically contracted to be the main lead yet.
>>
>>89739183
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ben-affleck-has-written-his-879355
>"He's contracted to do at least Justice League One and Two, so at least three times wearing the cape," he says, adding, "There's a script that he's written that is a really cool [Batman] idea, so that's out there as an option."
>>
If someone told you 8 years ago that the best DC movie of the 10's would be a Lego adaptation, what would you say?
>>
>>89740353
>"Yeah, right. And Marvel made the Ant-man movie."
>>
>>89730853
>PG-13
>>
>>89727414
I really want another lego city undercover game.
even /v/ loved lego city undercover.
>>
>>89730853
>You straight up walk around as Tom cruise with a gun from Mission Impossible.
I thought the reason why Megabloks was doing the "Lego" Halo game was because Lego Corp. doesn't want their brand associated with gun violence?
>>
This movie looks like crap to be honest. Half of the jokes revolving around "lol Batman takes himself so seriously" or "Robin is stupid" have ensured I'm not going to waste my time on it.
>>
>>89728111
How does it work, anon. I've their scores up and they're weird.
>>
>>89741118
Mega Blocks has had the Halo license since the early 2010s. It's more likely that Lego passed on it because they didn't think the Halo crowd overlapped with their target audience.

Lately, Lego's just been licensing anything they can get cheap for the sake of Lego Dimensions.
>>
>>89741309
RT number is "fresh"(50+% reviews)/"fresh+rotten"(all reviews).
Which means mediocre movie that gets 50-60% from everyone will have better score than any masterpiece because there will always be people that don't like it.
>>
>>89728958
>Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
>All critics - 49%
>Top critics -10%
Eh, I'd have to agree. At the core it's a hollow "DUDE! DRUGS!" movie.
>>
>>89710746
>Is this why Affleck quit?
>Did he realize he was never gonna be able to top this?
yes
>>
>up to 98% now

pure Batkino
>>
>>89731346
Not really, anon. I mean, you can argue that everything enjoyable is fun but it's a pretty reaching definition of fun.
>>
>>89741722
I get the movies rating, I meant tv shows specifically. It's like all the cape shows on rt have 100% rating.
>>
>>89742192
Because "real critics" can't be caught reviewing tv show so the only ones doing it are fans of the franchise.
>>
>>89713330

Good first half, could have done without Anna Kendrick and the flashbacks, honestly.
>>
>>89710844
Unironically this

Lego is consistently great.
>>
>>89742265
tomorrow's the ninjago trailer let's see if they can keep it up
>>
>>89732329
then how did i see his movie?
>>
>>89712045
Because this is Ma and Pa Kent, you piece of shit. I don't know what problem you got with Boco and I don't care about him, but you know what almost every Superman fan agrees? That Ma and Pa Kent MAKE Superman. That their lessons are taken in by him to help the world and make it a better place - that he was meant for more than just the farm. If you picked up any early '00s post-Crisis story, you useless, elitist, oh-look-it-has-a-name-Imma-jump-on-the-bandwagon-kino-snob-who-probably-doesn't-even-shoot-the-breeze-with-buddies, you'd know this by heart. That in a continuity where Superman has become a hero, battered and bruised or otherwise, he's always turned back to the lessons of Ma and Pa Kent, two ordinary folks from Kansas who don't expect him to be Jesus, but a fireman that's willing to jump into a building and drag out whoever he can because he believes as long as there's a life worth saving, he'll be fucking Superman.

What's your go-to reference on Superman? Kill Bill?

Thought so. Were you one of those special snowflakes that listened to Linkin' Park AMVs?

The Kents made Superman. A good Pa and Ma Kent has always been built around the morals that - "I'll do my best day-to-day and help people that I can. Everything else will just happen". What message did Pa Kent give you?

If you think that's a "right" Ma and Pa Kent, I hope you follow their morals to your grave. I hope to fuck that you watch a burning car on the road side and stop yours only to watch it burn because of the lessons Man of Steel's Pa Kent seem to be so bloody GREAT for you. That they're lessons that are worth defending.
>>
>>89742571
Um. Yeah. What he said.
>>
File: 1452870959241-2.png (195KB, 200x355px) Image search: [Google]
1452870959241-2.png
195KB, 200x355px
>>89742571
GOAT POST
>>
>>89742571

Uh, this is pretty much what I meant, just said better than I ever could.
>>
>>89746241
Sure it was, Boco. Sure it was.
>>
File: 1482451602448.png (2MB, 640x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1482451602448.png
2MB, 640x1920px
>>89736568
Dont remind me. We probably wont even get Power Rangers so we can pretend It's sentai and not it's estranged cousen.
>>
>>89725406
>Tails doll reference
what the FUCK
>>
File: 1486321886779.jpg (305KB, 806x900px) Image search: [Google]
1486321886779.jpg
305KB, 806x900px
>>89710819
It's ironic, because modern capeshit is a bigger mass-marketing scheme than almost anything else in modern media right now.

Meanwhile, obvious Lego/DC brand-awareness aside, the Lego movies put story and fan-love first before anything. They pulled an effective recovery out of their Bionicle movies' missteps, and without entirely selling their souls away.
>>
>>89712045
This feeling and intuition thing is hard for an autist to grasp, huh?
>>
>>89742571
>"I'll do my best day-to-day and help people that I can. Everything else will just happen". What message did Pa Kent give you?
Isn't that what he did with Zod?
>Tries to reason with him
>Saves a family the only way he knew at that moment

Ma Tell him that" He doesn't owe the world a thing" he can be human sometimes and that the world isn't a baby to be watched all the time.
>>
>>89742571
best of thread
>>
>>89742571
>I hope to fuck that you watch a burning car on the road side and stop yours only to watch it burn because of the lessons Man of Steel's Pa Kent seem to be so bloody GREAT for you.
That didn't save Paul Walker.

The point is that everyone has a choice. Superman's humanity is that he can choose anymore that you could. The problem seems to be that most people want him to be perfect, but at the same time not be boring.

Are peole implying that this Batman is better than Kevins Batman?
>>
>>89729288
>Lego Professor Pyg
>>
>>89729122
>Jackie Chan playing a Nip
>>
File: Karate_kid_ver2.jpg (34KB, 300x444px) Image search: [Google]
Karate_kid_ver2.jpg
34KB, 300x444px
>>89750917
Jackie Chan doesn't really give a fuck.
>>
>>89729122
>>89729666
Looks good but probably won't be as good at the first two movies. Around 70's-low 80's so far.
Not exactly a franchise killer
>>
>>89730830
http://desuarchive.org/co/thread/89679425/#89685845
>>
>>89715537
>Sand isn't Lego
Dropped
>>
File: 1459807842372.gif (2MB, 299x348px) Image search: [Google]
1459807842372.gif
2MB, 299x348px
>>89742571
>>
>>89750339
>>89750809
Then why the fuck are you replying? Go ahead and go out there. Tell people Pa Kent's message. Don't help people - it'll only make things worse. Have some fucking hero cake. Here, chug it down and look at the world and tell yourself "You know what, the best thing for me to do is to do nothing because who cares"? Is that the message that 70 years of comics coming-going that has finally appealed to you? That the one thing you believe in is that you "don't owe anyone a fuck-damned thing". That

Guess what? You do owe the world something. You owe the world your capacity to be the best damn person there is because there's just too much bad in it. Anyone who fucking says that stupid crap and how it applies to SUPERMAN, whose whole character is based on FOUR words:

"I'M HERE TO HELP"

Barring fucking Elseworlds, he's been probably the biggest boy scout in comics - and guess what? Every time he has a crisis of faith, two figures pop out - Pa Kent or Jor-El. Pa Kent's words to him are "to do what he needs to do".

That's it. I don't know what kind of "intellectual upbringing" you hail from, but having Superman be raised by a Pa and Ma as disgustingly pretentious as Man of Steel's Kents is like having Uncle Ben tell Pete "You don't have responsibility".

Tell that to your fucking nephews and nieces. Tell 'em to let their friends burn next time something bad happens, because according to your "support" of Martha and Jonathan, that's one of the best ways to approach it.

And I hope the world does the same thing to you two fucktards.
>>
>>89732329
>>89728105

So you're saying Trump needs a power suit? got it.
>>
>>89710746
>tfw Affleck been a pretty quality actor lately.
>>
>>89727150
>Tarantula
>Probably worth a Google
Err...
>>
>>89742192
>>89741309
RT reviews of TV shows are not accurate because half of the reviews you see come from early screenings of the first half of the season which usually aren't as strong as watching the season as a whole. Even Netflix series aren't immune to this. So while a follow up review may have a higher score, RT is only going to count those early ones

This is what happened with Bojack Horseman S1 on that note as the majority of reviews were for the first three or four episodes when it seemed like Furry Family Guy when later reviews had much higher praise
>>
>>89753658
>RT reviews of TV shows are not accurate because half of the reviews you see come from early screenings of the first half of the season which usually aren't as strong as watching the season as a whole.
This is especially made worse by the fact that often they hire a famous movie director for the first few episodes, and then use the normal TV directors for the rest.
>>
>>89712950
Late reply, but Hal is made for bullying
>>
File: 1373334814448.jpg (85KB, 495x491px) Image search: [Google]
1373334814448.jpg
85KB, 495x491px
>>89710746
tfw Lego Joker is a better Joker than Suicide Squad Joker.
>>
>>89710819
I mean, Product Placement Movie 1 was fucking amazing, so it's not a huge surprise
Thread posts: 479
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.