[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it time to stop trusting critics when it comes to Disney or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: Untitled.png (587KB, 958x818px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
587KB, 958x818px
Is it time to stop trusting critics when it comes to Disney or Pixar?

Both movies are by no means bad, but they're pretty boring to me. For +90% on RottenTomatoes I was hoping for golden era Pixar quality.
>>
File: Rocktually.png (254KB, 566x533px) Image search: [Google]
Rocktually.png
254KB, 566x533px
>>89696211
>2017 Anno Domini
>Using review aggregators to find good movies
>Not following directors, writers, and actors that you enjoy
>Not following individual critics with taste similar to you
>Not asking your friends for recommendations
Use literally anything but review aggregators. If you still haven't figured out that using IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes, and MetaCritic to find movies to watch is a terrible idea, you should end your life.
>>
>>89696211
>Is it time to stop trusting critics when it comes to Disney or Pixar?
No, it's time for you to stop misunderstanding the purpose and meaning of the Tomatometer.
>>
>>89696211
THe meter says what percent of people enjoyed it, I think the measurement was who rated better than 60% or something, aka the Average Rating/10 right under the percent if you aren't merely distracted by big text.
>>
>>89696211
You honestly believed the largest media conglomerate in the world wouldn't buy favorable reviews? You should never have trusted the Mouse in the first place, they're pure cancer.
>>
>trusting numbers to dictate what makes a movie enjoyable for you
>>
File: rotten tomatoes.png (2MB, 2216x1462px) Image search: [Google]
rotten tomatoes.png
2MB, 2216x1462px
>>89696211
>Is it time to stop trusting critics
No, but it's definitely time to stop trusting Rotten Tomatoes.
>>
Sing got like a 70 so probably
>>
Actual percentage doesn't mean anything beyond "Percent of critics who liked it".

If you look closer you can see the ACTUAL average rating of 7/8 of both films.
>>
>>89696211
No, but it is time for you to understand what a review aggregator actually is. Neither movie got above a 90 percent rating. But more than 90 percent of people felt they were both above average, or in other words "certified fresh".
>>
>>89696796
which are reasonable ratings. The problem is the big red or green bar is very easy to see and it distracts retards who can't into critical analysis or basic reading comprehension. So we have to live with a million fucking threads all over about how rotten tomatoes is rigged or isn't fair in the dumbest possible ways.
>>
>>89697419
> people are retards
> this is somehow the website's fault
>>
>>89696459
this actually
>>
>>89697463
the website intentionally caters towards retardation
>>
>>89696646
Hudsucker Proxy is bad, and the SW prequels are good.
Other than that I agree.
>>
File: 1418561798108.png (760KB, 1280x715px) Image search: [Google]
1418561798108.png
760KB, 1280x715px
>>89696646
>Fear and Loathing that low
>devoid of character development
THAT WASN'T THE POINT REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: legobatmann.png (250KB, 830x346px) Image search: [Google]
legobatmann.png
250KB, 830x346px
>>89696211
Out of my way!
>>
>>89696211
7.6 and 7.9 sound like accurate ratings to me.
>>
>>89696646

I've never trusted Rotten Tomatoes.
I remember years back when no one actually cared about the website, that all the ratings were trash.
>>
>>89696459
Ayyy, they added the "Consider the Following" that I suggested
>>
>>89697952
>they lost a rotten review
how fucking low can you get WB?
>>
>>89699714
I'm seeing one rotten.
>>
File: soon to be rotten.png (231KB, 760x327px) Image search: [Google]
soon to be rotten.png
231KB, 760x327px
>>89699725
there were two
>>
>>89696211
>I need validation :(

It's your own fault for basing your opinions on a website, anon. You are your own critic. Don't think you're automatically worthwhile, but you are your own critic
>>
>>89696646
Comparing the audience and critic score is a useful tool for me, I've found the site trustworthy in that if the critic score is rotten, but the audience score is mid-70s or above, I'll most likely enjoy it.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.