[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comics pretty much died in the 1980s. Nearly all comics now only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 2000AD_100th_1024.jpg (125KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
2000AD_100th_1024.jpg
125KB, 1024x768px
Comics pretty much died in the 1980s.
Nearly all comics now only appeal to nostalgia or are indie webcomics

Just look at 2000AD it's a perfect example. When it started it was just one of money comics in it's genre but all it's rivals collapsed one by one leaving 2000AD as the only one left. They only one left by the year 2000AD. It only survived by feeding on it's reader's nostalgia and to an extent becoming more mature as the average of the reader matured with it. What was once a children's comic is now aimed at adults because that's the only way it could survive.
>>
>>89686619
Comics died in the late 90s because they refused to get with the times.

Cinemas and tv is what is keeping the genre alive, in life support.
>>
>>89686619
Nice ad, 2000AD intern.
>>
>>89686710
I thought I was insulting 2000AD. It's a shitty kid's comic which got lucky.

>>89686694
They died well before that. They released very few new comics in the 90s. In the 80s loads of comics folded and publishers daren't release new ones. Video games killed them.
>>
>>89686927
>a shitty kid's comic which got lucky
Work on your insulting, OP. You actually praised 2000AD.
>>
>>89687003
I said it only survives on nostalgia and appeals to children who never grew up and didnt stop reading it.
>>
File: c7.jpg (37KB, 494x271px) Image search: [Google]
c7.jpg
37KB, 494x271px
>>89687071
So it's the last UK comic standing.
>>
>>89687071
>Only survives on nostalgia

/co/ doesn't know what quality writing and art is.

Amerifags gtfo
>>
>>89686619
That's because all English talent left the UK to work for Marvel and DC
>>
>>89687071
>only survives on nostalgia and appeals to children who never grew up and didn't stop reading it
Just like capes.
>>
>>89686619
TWO WORDS: Don Rosa.
>>
>>89686619
Wow do you know there are more comics than scifi and capes, dont you?
>>
Are you trying out this argument before you use it with real people?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.