[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just went to my LCS for the first time in years, after almost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: Outcast_by_Robert_Kirkman.jpg (90KB, 250x384px) Image search: [Google]
Outcast_by_Robert_Kirkman.jpg
90KB, 250x384px
I just went to my LCS for the first time in years, after almost exclusively being digital only. Man what a difference holding a comic in your hands is. I just perused basically, until finding something that looked cool. I ended up getting Robert Kirkman's Outcast ordered, and then deciding to wait on Mark Millar's Reborn until the collected hardback comes out (hopefully soon?).

When was the last time you went to your LCS /co/? What did you get?

Also, I completely forgot to ask about Nightmares and Fairy Tales after seeing a thread about it here ;-;.....ah well. I'll try it digitally first.
>>
>>89657155
Oh and the guy running the shop recommended this. Lol'd at the name but sounded intruiging.

Much more so than the fucking new Spiderman a weird 40 year old dude with balding hair was getting in front of me anyway. He didn't even respond to the shopkeep saying goodbye.

I really need to go back soon was pretty fun.
>>
I've never been into digital, and never will. Comics are made to be read in hand, fuck that guided view faggotry.

>>89657195
Cave Carson is pretty decent. It's one of four new series launched under the pop-up imprint YOUNG ANIMALS, whose central theme is fresh new takes on existing DC characters and mythos, but under a Mature Reader's rating.

Doom Patrol and Shade the Changing Man are the best out of the line followed by CC and Mother Panic (which is basically angsty female Batman - avoid it). I'd definitely recommend the first two

As for me, last time I went to my LCS was before Christmas. Picked up some stuff for the senpai, as well as Moebius' Edena Cycle, and Doom Patrol Book One
>>
File: samurai jack totoro.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
samurai jack totoro.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>89657437
>YOUNG ANIMALS
Wait, isn't that being helmed by the My Chemical Romance guy?

fucking surreal
>>
>>89657437
>avoid it
Don't listen to this retard, it's better than Cave Carson. What Mother Panic is is Bawoman done right, not "angsty female Batman". If you want a violent coming starring a vigilante going after serial killers and corrupt rich fucks instead of aliens and super powered villains then this is your title. Also, it has great art.
>>
>>89657594
>>89657437
I wouldn't avoid it, but it's definitely the worst YA title. That's not necessarily a bad thing, the whole line is pretty good
>>
>>89657594
>What Mother Panic is is Bawoman done right, not "angsty female Batman". If you want a violent coming starring a vigilante going after serial killers and corrupt rich fucks instead of aliens and super powered villains then this is your title.

OP here, so I've recently in the last couple months gotten really really into Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) for that exact reason. Very down to the gritty earth, only very rarely is there any metahuman shit which I skip. I found the character endearing as hell.

Also I was hearing in some Batwoman threads that the art for her stuff is nice in some spots but she isn't written well mostly, can't remember the exact issues I was recommended.

At any rate yes that does sound cool I'll check it out, although since Gerard Way (that's his name heh, had to look it up) is helming Young Animal I'm intrigued enough to probably look up all the stuff on the new line.
>>
>>89657677
Sorry, bro but it's better than Cave Carson.
>>
>>89657437
>Moebius' Edena Cycle
your fucking LCS just stocks Moebius? What the hell that sounds awesome
>>
File: moeb1.jpg (705KB, 640x831px) Image search: [Google]
moeb1.jpg
705KB, 640x831px
>>89657594
>>89657677
Okay I was a bit harsh in saying avoid it, it's not bad but it's definitely the weakest of the YA bunch.

>>89657508
Yup yup, he's full-time comics dude now

>>89657719
I mean the new Dark Horse hardcover collecting all the Edena stories, have you not heard of it?
>>
>>89657155

>LCS

more like "local MTG vendor" but it's nice they have a few DC and marvel comics on the side
>>
>>89657155
I go every wednesday as I have a pull list. Thinking more and more about just going full digital as I am running out of space but for whatever reason any digital books I buy I never end up reading and just forgetting about. Does anyone else have this problem?
>>
>>89658127
you mean my local Funko retailer?
>>
>>89657155
>Robert Kirkman's Outcast
who gets violently murdered in lieu of an actual plot
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.