[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have that image where the guy has that shitty self

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 29

File: fUlruZIj.png (46KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
fUlruZIj.png
46KB, 512x512px
Does anyone have that image where the guy has that shitty self portrait?
Also cal arts thread.
>>
I used to go to CalArts for music lessons. It's a pretty cool campus.
>>
>>89639399
I've never been to CalArts per se, but I have been to California
>>
>>89639493
I've never been to California per se, but I have been to Eath
>>
>>89639529
Is that near Earth?
>>
Is the whole "Calarts" is ruining animation a real thing or is it just a meme? If it's real provide an example.
>>
>>89639698
Why don't you act like any other person that wants to find an answer and actually look at animations made by Calart students and form your own opinion instead of waiting for someone to say whether it is or isn't you stupid motherfucker
>>
>>89639698

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgue81LVZ4E

It's like half of a meme. CalArts dominates the animation industry partially out of name recognition but is also actually quite good at producing talented artists. The meme part is when people don't realize that the simplistic designs and/or flash animated shows are largely the result of television networks wanting to save as much money as possible so that it's easier to make their money back through merchandising.
>>
Went to SVA for two years as a film student. It's pretty much eastern CalArts
>>
>>89639698
>>89639986
>The meme part is when people don't realize that the simplistic designs and/or flash animated shows are largely the result of television networks wanting to save as much money as possible

FUCKING THIS, it is absurd /co/ getting butthurt with the wrong people.

Even more because the worst profissionals out there that /co/ complains about are usually people who never went to Calarts and are not profissional animators.
>>
I have a friend who went to CalArts for theater.

He's a waiter.
>>
>>89639698
CalArt's isn't the problem, it's just a part of the problem.

The real problem is that people get hired more based off connections rather than actual skill and as a result we get an industry where the only people getting hired are big fans of already airing shows, which ends up leading to very similar shows with very similar art style's everywhere. CalArts is a place where people go to get connections to the animation industry more than to learn about animation itself.
>>
>>89640061
well, that's his fault. maybe he wasn't really that good.
>>
Reminder that The Creator of Gumball said that The Amazing World of Gumball

Isn't a CalArts Character
>>
>>89640323

degrees these days are a formality

most of getting a job after college requires you setting things up outside of academics while still in college
>>
>>89640457
No, he's designed after 70s Japanese aesthetics.
>>
>>89639986
Holy shit THAT was by Rebecca Sugar. I always thought she was some hack with a toddlers conception for story telling but that animation was powerful like a salvia trip.

It's painted her in a whole different light for me, if it wasn't for Steven Universe I might actually look up to her.
>>
>>89639344
>that shitty self portrait?
???
>>
>>89640471
Rebecca is actually a damn good animator, her issue is that she's way too nice of a person which leads to her not really putting her foot down on her staff as often as she should, which leads to... Well, Steven Universe.
>>
>>89640643
Well my fantasy of making Rebecca cry in person from railling on her show has transformed into wishing I was a person that mattered enough to give her the "how to be assertive" talk
>>
>>89640459
This

>>89640061
If your friend didn't make the connections to get him a job while in THE most connected art college in the U.S. then he just was not cut out for the career.
>>
http://pan-pizza.tumblr.com/post/156690501200
>>
>>89639986
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgue81LVZ4E
>Rebecca sugar

Is this Raplh Baski's daughter?
>>
>>89640643
>all male (and some female) characters get regular pussy and some characters like greg even have to beat it off with a stick
>except lars but it's 100% do to his own fault
>meanwhile in every single other cartoon male characters are forced into celibacy, unironically cuckolded and publicly humiliated for expressing interest in women
Why do we hate SU again?
>>
>>89639986
While this is probably my favourite animated student film of all time, I'm not sure why it's in this thread since it's a product of SVA.
>>
>>89640156
about time someone mentions this issue
>>
>>89640156
>The real problem is that people get hired more based off connections

cool
all we have to do fix that is change how people and society fundamentally work
>>
>>89645166
For real. It's not all that surprising.

The professors at CalArts have all these former students in high-level positions in the industry they can talk to and be like, "Hey, what should we be teaching our students?" and then the directors and show-runners can basically groom perfect candidates.
>>
File: índice.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
índice.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>89639344
this one?
>>
>>89646169
>The professors at CalArts have all these former students in high-level positions in the industry they can talk to and be like, "Hey, what should we be teaching our students?
That is not how teaching work, anon.
>>
>>89639344
Now I'm morbidly curious
>>
>>89646226
Hmmm, I actually disagree with this statement.

As someone who works in a creative field, my professors kept contact with former students and would have them come in to talk to us about what to do or not to do with a portfolio, interview, etc.

That information is stupidly valuable. My professors were able to teach, but the question of "What do you wish you had known before graduating?" is important.

I've had professors who could only teach and were only in academia because they couldn't make it.
>>
File: rebeccasugar.png (2MB, 2565x909px) Image search: [Google]
rebeccasugar.png
2MB, 2565x909px
>>89640471

Rebecca Sugar is extremely talented, don't blame her for the incompetence of the hacks she has to employ to make SU meet budgets.

You can literally tell instantly when Rebecca herself worked on a scene in SU, as the quality of the anatomy, cinematography, posing, perspective, writing and obviously animation goes through the roof. Pic related, a character goes from Moomin monster reject to waifu in the span of a scene as Rebecca takes over storyboarding.
>>
>>89647952
Making come people from the field isn't the same as asking people from the field what they should teach. It's simply part of the curriculum, not the full of it.
>>
>>89639986
Mayonnaise is such a disgusting condiment
>>
>>89650162
I really must not have the artistic eye, because I don't really see difference, there.

Maybe I might say the one on the right is prettier, but I might be biased by you saying it's RS.
>>
>>89640471
>>89640643
You should really see the show for itself and forget about SJW/tumblr. the show has some damn quality.

And Sugar can put her foot down when needed, it seems, as it is rumorerd she didn't allow a shipping one of her storyboarder wanted to include in the show.
>>
>>89651251
It's funny, said storyboarder's tumblr calls her an evil bigoted egomaniac. Like, repeatedly.
>>
File: C2vH5sRUoAAHT8n.jpg large.jpg (212KB, 1288x1062px) Image search: [Google]
C2vH5sRUoAAHT8n.jpg large.jpg
212KB, 1288x1062px
This got "A" grade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKGeJXk2qWQ
>>
>>89646226
Animation student here, I'm in a fairly renowned college, most of the staff still work in the industry and keep good contact with successful students. Some studios do come around headhunting students before they've even finished their degree and a lot of us get internships during the summer months. I know that this is the exception and not the rule for animation college but desu if you want to git gud you have to be the exception.

>>89639986
Sugar has an amazing knack for animation and has done a lot of novel and unique things with SU. A lot of the people working under her are mediocre and TV time and budget constraints also hold her back. Given free reign however the show would be far worse than it is now, a lot of creatives really need a good editor (John K. for example). SU could be better but it could also be a lot worse
>>
>>89651384
>one single mechanical pencil

yeah that's great if you're a fucking engineer and you're sketching blueprints. not if you're an artist.
>>
>>89651384
Actually that's pretty good.
>>
>>89651384
Why do these 'meet the artist' things feel the need to include 'bigots'
>>
>>89651170

Most people don't, but I am assuming that at least some people in this thread which is specifically about poor artistry in American animation would know what they're talking about.
>>
>>89651334
>said storyboarder's tumblr calls her an evil bigoted egomaniac
She didn't.
>>
>>89651549
I guess she was referring to some other tyrannical boss then
>>
>>89651170
The right has a better grasp on the structure of the face as well as a more better use of weight of line.
It does make a difference.
>>
File: Little Bo.jpg (107KB, 627x800px) Image search: [Google]
Little Bo.jpg
107KB, 627x800px
>>89651469
I don't get why everyone says this. I use a mechanical pencil while drawing and it doesn't feel any weaker.
>>
>>89651632
looks like shit
>>
>>89651515
wut?
>>
>>89651590
Source.
>>
>>89651632
Different leads really do make a huge difference.

I like to do my sketching (as an engineer) with 2B because it erases easier and writes darker. For writing I use a 3H because it has a more stable feel to it. Most people I know just stick with HB though because it's easy and abundant and you're just going to throw it into a CAD program anyway.
>>
>>89651590
Look at any video Sugar is in, and reconcile that with what the bitchy autist with a shipping grudge paints her as.
>>
>>89651142

It really is. I was going to give it points for being used to make Ranch dressing, but buttermilk works much better
>>
>>89651809
I'm not going to take the shipping autist's side, I'm just pointing out how anally annihilated she is that lapidot will never be canon.
>>
>>89651384
I went to SVA, and speaking on purely thesis terms, you pretty much graduate as long as you have practically anything to submit for your final year. They aren't exactly going to NOT give you a diploma after spending $120k on tuition. Hell, many people don't even finish their thesis films and get passing grades. I submitted mine when it was incomplete.

I don't think there's ever been a case of someone not submitting even a single frame of animation and being denied their degree. The only way that would happen is if you don't get all the necessary credits by the time of graduation, in which case, you have to spend a few thousand extra to take those needed classes until you do.
>>
Sugar didn't go to Calarts, did she? Neither did Jeff or Joe, to my knowledge. And they're the best boarders after her
>>
Guys you're all forgetting the greatest student thesis animation ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiARsQSlzDc
>>
>>89639344
maybe this is the right thread to ask, is it worth going to sheridan to learn animation? i can´t go to calarts or any other american school because i´m a beaner
>>
File: 1453144843112.jpg (139KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1453144843112.jpg
139KB, 640x480px
>>89651384
If you do 'search google for image' the first result is Cartoon Network.

This is the world we live in.
>>
Let's post the quality art of people who went to or are currently in calarts!
>>
>>89651515

Maybe they assume everyone who doesn't say they aren't a bigot are bigots, or are afraid that other people will think that?
>>
>>89651969

Did that fucker actually go there, or are you just pulling our legs?

Try and guess who those two are.
>>
>>89651384
Why would you include "back pain" and "assholes" in the "Nah" list? As if to imply there are people that enjoy back pain and/or dealing with assholes? Why include either of those things when it's sort of a given?

And that's not even the weirdest thing about the image, either. Like, for example: how it supposedly doesn't have a gender, yet also identifies as a "queer", which implies that it DOES have a gender

Unless it's the literal definition of queer, which just means "weird". Which, if so, is spot-on.
>>
>>89640471
just compare how the SU pilot looked to the final thing, it was more visually interesting before, now it´s too anime looking and barely resembles her style
>>
>>89652057
Oh, my sweet summer child
http://rcdart.tumblr.com/post/141721696124/heres-my-accepted-calarts-portfolio-theres-so
>>
>>89651515
Maybe because it's virtue signaling. But they are so brain dead it's probably that they believe writing bigots in the 'nah' section will actually have some effect on the people they think are bigots.
they're just sheltered dumb fucks who want to stay sheltered honestly
>>
File: 1484780271146.png (298KB, 500x681px) Image search: [Google]
1484780271146.png
298KB, 500x681px
>>89651855
>120k

Jaysus a Christ a
>>
>>89652146
Different anon, but they probably just got in based on their life drawings, the slight differentiation of the signature 'stocky blob pig' calarts character designs, and they look like they can draw.

It's starting to look like a really easy college to get into. Hopefully, if an anon here gets accepted, we can make animation great again
>>
>>89651384
The only saving grace I can stomach is Cr1tical, and that's just because I like his voice.
>>
>>89651384
>finally get a good industry job (not a calarts grad)
>realize mediocre tumblr fucks like this are 23 and employed
>>
>>89652518
I can't wait for Cr1tical to start getting real VA gigs like Egoraptor has now.
>>
>>89651933
I was really surprised to learn that real life people accept "agender" as something when it's an inherently misogynist label

how long before we start seeing theythems in mainstream cartoons?
>>
>>89651969
Jesus Christ I see this woman's art everywhere and it viscerally disgusts me
>>
File: Ed_Dollar.jpg (107KB, 750x599px) Image search: [Google]
Ed_Dollar.jpg
107KB, 750x599px
>>89651855
$120K on tuition
Fucking A. I may suffer from being a leaf, but you Burgerfiends just get robbed for higher education.

I've only had to pay around $1,000 - $2,000 per semester in a business program. That's courses AND books if I can't don't just buy them used. Talking with friends at some of the bigger Universities like UBC and McGill and they pay about $6,000 per semester.
>>
>>89652674
Most state schools in the US only charge like $5k per semester. CalArts is a super elite college. Or at least it's priced that way.
>>
>>89651632
It can be done, but generally speaking non-mechanical pencils are superior when it comes to art.
Also, I like your tits- I mean work anon.
>>
File: 1234123431242.png (531KB, 612x670px) Image search: [Google]
1234123431242.png
531KB, 612x670px
>>89651384
>Look at me, I'm quirky and unique just like absolutely everyone else on tumblr
It's funny how these people don't realize they're pretty much walking caricatures.
>>
>>89651384
This is a faggot, anon
>>
>>89652092
>Unless it's the literal definition of queer
Since when have tumblrites ever used the literal definition of anything?

Also, I'm pretty sure she basically outed herself as being completely cis gendered with the queer thing, but since cis is a dirty word on tumblr she's terrified of referring to herself as such. I've seen some ridiculously mental gymnastics on that site to avoid the c word, like saying you were triple trans (a genetic trans who identifies as cis or some shit like that, the end term basically just being a normal cis person)
>>
File: kinga nagorka.jpg (12KB, 300x201px) Image search: [Google]
kinga nagorka.jpg
12KB, 300x201px
>>89651384
This is how "it" looks in real life
>>
>>89652883
What makes you think they consider themselves any more unique than anyone else? Because they're not wearing sweat pants and crocs? Everyone's the same, anon- think about it- all just trying to find a place to fit in.
>>
>>89653053
She forgot to draw herself fat
>>
File: pearl.png (78KB, 330x295px) Image search: [Google]
pearl.png
78KB, 330x295px
>Be me
>Want to be an animator/TV writer
>Live in Colorado
>Barely any opportunities to learn what I want to do

Life hurts.
>>
>>89653066
>they
stop enabling this meme
>>
>>89653094
>Not moving to California
>>
>>89653094
Get a pirated copy of Flash and just start making stuff. Put the results on youtube. Keep doing it. Results will come in time.
>>
>>89653094
Just read Richard Willaim's Animator Survival kit
>>
>>89653094
Storyboard artist here,

The key to getting good at anything is accepting that you suck at it. Everyone at art school who didn't accept critique or bother changing their high school Angels Vs Demons story works at Starbucks now.

That being said, you can learn all you need to know on the internet if you have the drive. Don't end up $200k in student loan debt like me.
>>
>>89652674
>I may suffer from being a leaf
Canada is one of the best contries to live in if you want to learn animation
http://www.animationcareerreview.com/articles/2017-top-100-international-animation-schools?page=0,3
>>
>>89652883
>>89653066
Additionally- if you wanna meet someone who ACTUALLY thinks they're better than you, try walking around an elite prep school campus sometime, not browsing tumblr for harmless gay nerds to shit on. The sad truth is that YOU think you're better than them, and the fact that they don't agree burns you up.
>>
>>89653094
>TFW never went to art school and already a profissional animator

On Brazil there is a law with a minimal amount of time of nationl shows on tv.

This forced Nick, Disney and CN to air national cartoons. So the demand became HUGE on Brazil, to the point that studios accept people who look promising, and train them themselves.

Most of the nationals shows are shit, but these days some 3 or 4 cartoons are fucking great and can compete without problems with gringo shows, and the animation industry just grows around here.

I keep seeing gringos complaining about lack of job on animation, and thinking that if you guys lived here, you would find easily a job and have a better salary than on US, due to the high demand of profissionals.
>>
File: artschoolisascam.jpg (37KB, 500x508px) Image search: [Google]
artschoolisascam.jpg
37KB, 500x508px
>>89639344
learn how to draw this like the pros and get charged 255,000 or more and be in debt forever!
>>
>>89651885
Coincidentally looked this up yesterday after a long absence. Still hilarious.
>>
>>89650162
>You can literally tell instantly when Rebecca herself worked on a scene in SU

That's the same scene though. Am I being rused, guys?
>>
>>89639344
If one cannot be in the animation industry then one has to create their own animation studio in order to be part of the industry.
>>
>>89653751
I think she corrected some of the keyframes in the middle of the scene, but I am not sure.
>>
>>89639698
calarts has name recognition, but a lot of anons miss the fact that no matter how good of an animator you are, there's only so much you can do with the budget a network gives you combined with the time needed to make each episode and when it has to be done
>>
>>89639698
a lot of the shows /co/ screams CAL ARTS!" at aren't even made by people from cal arts. simple shapes being easier to animate has been a thing for decades
>>
>>89651142
>>89651840
homemade mayo is fucking awesome though, don't buy the hellman's meme.
>>
>>89654145
or maybe that's just what CalArts wants you to think. Are you part of the CalArts conspiracy, anon?
>>
>>89651384
I mean the writing is really cringy and bad but at least the animation is alright although there wasn't much action anyway
>and then they kiss at the end
You know what actually I'm not ok with this
>>
>>89652674
These big schools are like $130k - $180k for four years total, but yeah, that's still a fucking lot for an ART degree.
>>
>>89654911
>You know what actually I'm not ok with this

It's not like it wasn't telegraphed from a mile away.
>>
File: fa6070d480e649a9bfb5b23715eca1bc.png (687KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fa6070d480e649a9bfb5b23715eca1bc.png
687KB, 1280x720px
>>89651251
The tumblr soapbox is really only one facet of my antipathy for Steven Universe.

Steven universe fails in storywriting, character interaction, dialogue, pacing, lack of direction both animatically and narratively, falls for deus ex machina's and sucks so much at emotional delivery whether it comes off sacchrine or falls flat. Maybe Sugar's build up in emotional turmoil would resonate with me more if there wasn't somebody crying every second episode I don't know. But for the love of saint peter I wish they'd tone it down on the singing or at least if they're gonna have a song at least make it fucking good and not filled with flats because it's "artsy" to have disonant songs. I'd attribute a lot of the failings of Steven Universe to Sugar not being able to keep a hold on the crew and remind them of the direction because a lot of my grievances with the show seems like a lack of guidance, revising, and the same kind of sloppy handling that ruined Adventure Time.

This would all be excusable though if the show wasn't hyped up by the network, online periodicals, and Sugar to be THEE BEST SHOW EBER!!! Though honestly I feel like sugar was genuinely trying to do something ambitious and because of that got the label and now is unable to take a step back from that because even if she did it'd be interpreted as her being modest.
>>
>>89653412
Mexican here, do you think I could go there and you help a brother out?
>>
report all Famicom posts
>>
>>89655554
None of those posts were from Famicom, relax.
>>
>>89655505
why do i feel like this is cherry picking?
>>
>>89655601
It's not.
>>
>>89651925
sheridan is p good tho if youre looking at canada for animation look at seneca's animation program its 3 years and not in butt fuck nowhere like sheridan is those two are my only hope since im a leaf [/spolier]
>>
File: IMG_2126.jpg (126KB, 955x716px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2126.jpg
126KB, 955x716px
>>89652483
Rcdart got worse though, this is the evolution of her rendition of Black Widow.
>>
>>89655925
I just learned that they're getting a ton of shit now for drawing trans Steve, so that makes me happier.
>>
>>89655925
holy fuck end its suffering
>>
>>89655925
The fourth one would be pretty ok if they weren't so shit at drawing women.
>>
>>89652645
wat
>>
>>89653412
>On Brazil there is a law with a minimal amount of time of nationl shows on tv.

We have this in Canada too. Seeing the shit that passes for "quality" TV animation here, I always wondered if I could take advantage of it someday
>>
>>89653751
They change boarders in the same scene sometimes, especially if someone is editing them, the random shots of Becky's art are most likely edits they liked better than the main boarder's version, so they put them in
Unfortunately this sometimes makes scenes look very weird and janky with random bits of nice animation in between
>>
>>89651925
No idea if you'll see this, and I don't go to Sheridan personally, but I know someone that did and I'm pretty familiar with it since I also have an interest in attending. It's the best school in Canadian simply by name recognition, and the teaching is very good as well. You will learn how to animate and do it well. However, the teachers won't take it easy on you, it's very sink or swim. You should also be fairly sociable and very hardworking. It's really easy to get internships and jobs after grad, but you'll have to travel if you want to work for something like Disney. Not only is the program unforgiving, but they are extremely picky about who gets in. You need an insane portfolio that shows you have all the drawing basics covered. I'd say it's a better school than Calarts, but it's very hard to get into. It's also going through growing pains since they're trying to make the school a uni.
>>
>>89639986
Talented artists come from everywhere. I basically see CalArts as the illuminati controlling the animation industry.

>>89644786
I remember when this was first posted on Cartoon Brew back in the day. Also, Rebecca didn't go to CalArts.
>>
>>89655601
>>89655620

>he thinks cn actually does animation

Everything is outsourced. The people working on shows like AT don't actually animate it, they do storyboards then send it off to some underpaid korean to do the work. How the fuck do people on /co/ not know this by now?
>>
>>89655505

>korean animators
>calarts

wot
>>
>>89653086
They always forget that part. Which is pretty confusing, considering how proud they constantly insist they are of their healthy-at-every-size whale bodies otherwise.

Almost like they don't really believe that and desperately want people who haven't seen them in real life to think of them as slimmer than they really are. Hmm.
>>
>>89653751
>>89650162
how would you even know, it could be the same border
>>
File: IMG_0212.png (3MB, 2850x1844px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0212.png
3MB, 2850x1844px
>>89651739
Here
>>
File: SU is anti SJW 1.gif (829KB, 1363x5954px) Image search: [Google]
SU is anti SJW 1.gif
829KB, 1363x5954px
>>89651251
It's anti SJW though if you analyze it
>>
File: SU is anti SJW 2.gif (791KB, 1363x5739px) Image search: [Google]
SU is anti SJW 2.gif
791KB, 1363x5739px
>>89658459
>>
>>89658459
>>89658487

I do enjoy reading this but this guy is just fighting a strawman.
>>
File: 1475124039817.jpg (13KB, 278x200px) Image search: [Google]
1475124039817.jpg
13KB, 278x200px
I went to CalArts for CSSSA. It's easy to get lost there since every floor pretty much is the same, it's ridiculous.
I mostly wandered around like the socially autistic fuck I am but overall it was a great experience
>>
>>89651170
On the right:
Softer nose angle
Less severe chin angle
Shading starts on her face and doesn't rely on the linework as a guide
Lips are better defined
More detail in the hair
Eyes look entirely different, much close to what a human eye looks like when viewed from the side
The facial geometry is flatter, making the curves of the nose, lips, and chin look more natural
>>
Eh the CalArts meme is half true. The school is at the center of the entertainment world, and for a while it was heavily connected to the Disney corp. Mike Eisner started out as a chairman at CalArts. The meme itself was created by John K when he claimed that it was a school with a heavily-Influenced Disney art style which is true when you realize how many Disney alumni worked as staff when it first began, now the staff is a lot more diverse in styles, but kids will always copy their heroes, the noodle arm style only became popular after Adventure Time premired
>>
>>89658459
>>89658487
He forgot the Andy episode that triggered the fuck out of tumblr, you know, the one that basically said "racist conservatives aren't necessarily bad people, they just have opinions different than yours and may be misguided, treat them like you'd want to be treat and they might become a little more tolerant" where as tumblrites wanted the message to be "you should alienate anyone who has opinions other than yourself, that totally won't validate their negative opinions of you"
>>
>>89657127
Who knows.

All I know is that law is complete bullshit, considering 95% of all Canadian programing after 2005 (not just referring to cartoons, either. But it's pretty noticeable) are utter crap.
>>
>>89659830
He isn't even racist. He's a xenophobe.
>>
>>89651751
I do all my sketching with 2H because it never smudges.
>>
>>89659577
Walt wanted a place within driving distance of his studio where he could recruit people so he gave the school a bunch of money and it became a magnet for future Disney employees ever since.
>>
>>89651632
>That awkward moment when you've never understood what was up with the long curved staff every shepherd character has until now
>>
>>89652536
Animation school or real college?
>>
>>89658459
>>89658487
The problem i have with this is the problem i have with SJWs. they like it because it confirms and fits with thier political bias and by trying to "justify", the show by viewing it through a politically biased lens, they come of as just as bad as the SJWs they so obsessively hate
>>
>>89655410
I read that in Jeff Anderson's voice.
>>
File: Art Schools.jpg (4MB, 3262x4982px) Image search: [Google]
Art Schools.jpg
4MB, 3262x4982px
Reminder that if you go to art school, ESPECIALLY in the age of information and digital distribution, you're a sucker.
>>
>>89657127
>>89657127
I've come to the conclusion that until Western Canada/Vancouver has as big as a national media presence as Toronto or Montreal, entertainment in this country will continue to suffer.
>>
>>89659830
Who, Peridot?
>>
File: UncleCarl.png (193KB, 540x457px) Image search: [Google]
UncleCarl.png
193KB, 540x457px
>>89661500
No, Andy, Steven's uncle who shit talks the gems for being "illegal aliens" and berates Greg because he didn't marry an American.
>>
>>89640156
>The real problem is that people get hired more based off connections rather than actual skill and as a result we get an industry where the only people getting hired are big fans of already airing shows, which ends up leading to very similar shows with very similar art style's everywhere. CalArts is a place where people go to get connections to the animation industry more than to learn about animation itself.

The alternative is to hire webcomic artists as storyboarders and watch them turn your show to shit until you leave. Pen Ward graduated from Calarts.
>>
File: 1446061553084.jpg (43KB, 423x544px) Image search: [Google]
1446061553084.jpg
43KB, 423x544px
>>89639344
I think a lot of animators that went to other schools are pissed off at the connections people get just from going here. A large amount of them never graduate because they do not need to.

It has been a long tradition to just drop out in their third year and go right to work at Disney without ever getting their degree while other graduates are languishing looking for a job at anyplace they can and still failing at that.
>>
>>89661547
Oh yeah, can't believe I almost forgot him
But why were there no outbursts about Peridot when she was being literally racist against members of her own species and trying to suppress them for being themselves? They grew to love her, was it because of her "cute faces"?
>>
>>89653412
>On Brazil there is a law with a minimal amount of time of nationl shows on tv.
> JOO MUS AIR LOCAL CONTENT BECAUSE BRASEEL STRONK
> JOO CANNOT REGION CODE MEDIA ENTERING OUR COUNTRY

Enjoy the next 3 decades of Olympic village poverty
Stop being niggers and we might stop treating you as such
>>
File: 1434353200496.png (353KB, 524x395px) Image search: [Google]
1434353200496.png
353KB, 524x395px
>>89640156
>The real problem is that people get hired more based off connections rather than actual skill

This is how both creative field jobs and film making jobs work. And they are by paid contract with the ability to be blacklisted if you are not friends with enough people. It still works on a very early 20'th, late 19th century professional style.

In school every professor I had stressed that it was all about who you know and how you know them. They even set up meet and greets all the damn time just so students can get to know people in hopes of getting a job.
>>
>>89652674
>but you Burgerfiends just get robbed for higher education
I'm sure Sheridan's not a total fucking scam
>>
>>89661760
Sheridan has one of the cheapest animation programs in the country, and considering the reputation of their faculty and alumni, I wouldn't diss them if I were you.

No, I'm not a Sheridan student either.
>>
>>89661292
Yeah but them connections tho
>>
>>89661292
Art schools indirectly give career opportunities by forcing lazy fucks to build their own portfolio, not to mention a chance for a higher pay
At the end of the day it's mostly about having connections like >>89661966 said.
>>
>>89646208
After finally watching Cowboy Bebop I'm even more enraged.
>>
>>89661741
>>89640156
That's just the workforce in general, and Ivy League schools too if you think about it.
>>
>>89661681
nice meme pol
>>
File: 1483989666430.gif (38KB, 537x524px) Image search: [Google]
1483989666430.gif
38KB, 537x524px
>>89655925
Just seen what they've done to peggy Carter, this can't go on!
>>
File: mad.png (359KB, 550x586px) Image search: [Google]
mad.png
359KB, 550x586px
>>89661572
Went to SCAD with a guy in his mid 40's who did this and then was laid off. So he had to go back to school 15-ish years later just to finish his animation degree.
>>
>>89662303
Yea, still sucks when a modern major billion dollar industry is still playing by the rules of a 19th century robber baron company.
>>
>>89655505
Nice cherry picking andd lack of understanding on how animation is made.
>>
>>89661619
Her :3 face and quirky personality entertained them enough that they completely ignored the blatant racism, also the fact that she was a female and the fact that Pearl is kinda based off a white person meaning "it's not really racism"
>>
>>89653219
Sure, I'm a story artist too, improved immensely since grad school, made lots of connections and still can't get anything.

But not too bummed. I can't stand Commiefornia and the Tumblr elite working there.
>>
>>89663944
Fuck SCAD. Loved the education, but couldn't stand the childish student body, and everyone I knew and the connections I made all got me nowhere. Even people I helped while there and went on to get jobs in studios never spoke to me again afterwords.

All snobby, elitist mindset.
>>
>>89664848
It's weird how the place has such a gigantic animation department while simultaneously hating on the entire animation department. Everything else there is so fine arts and fashioned oriented that they view animation and film as Hollywood bullshit.
>>
>>89664925
Fine arts fags are jealous that animation is a semi-viable career choice.
>>
>>89664848
Weird, I actually talk to the people I went to school with all the time
>>
>>89664925
I took animation at SVA though I never met the guy, but according to most of the teachers, the chairman of the Animation/Film department knows jack shit about the animation part of it. Some of the teachers wanted to pitch certain classes like screenwriting for animation and he was baffled, why would animators need to learn how to write? And when he showed off some storyboards and concept art some artists did for their own stories, he was surprised and didn't know they were doing that kind of stuff.
>>
>>89664756
post work
>>
>>89665090
At SVA? Because SCAD has a screenwriting and storyboarding classes.
>>
>>89651384
Some how the only thing that pisses me off the most is how awkward the shots are.
>>
>>89664951
The fine arts fags are the ones making the childish crayon scribbles that give all art students a bad name but they're also almost invariably trust fund babies so it literally doesn't matter if they learn a useful skill or not.
>>
>>89668863
They are basically the reason anything with the term "art" attached to it has such a stigma. And art school is instantly thought to be a total waste of time and money. Including people going into an actual viable professional field.
>>
>>89655410
Gee, thanks Randall.
>>
>>89639698
People hate it for some reason because they think it's responsible for artstyles and trends in modern cartoons like noodle-arms... It's kind of weird to hate something for being trend-setting when you think about it.
>>
>>89658377
Uh, sorry, but I see no mention of tyranical boss. Only someone complaining she couldn't put her ship in.
>>
>>89670165
Something new is either doomed to become a trend, or to fall in obscurity.
>>
File: IMG_4106.jpg (111KB, 924x530px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4106.jpg
111KB, 924x530px
>>
>>89639344
>>89674193
So this is it?
>>
>>89674193
Reminder that this is Pen Ward (Adventure Time creator)
>>
>>89652789
There is not an illustrator working today who will tell you that mechanical pencils will be any less capable of producing quality work than wooden pencils or lead holders. You use what's comfortable to you.

>>89651751
You can use different hardnesses in mechanical pencils. I do it.
>>
>>89652789

The mechanical pencil is simply a different tool that requires different technique.

When I assess someone's skill in visualization, I prefer looking at mechanical pencil drawings on smoothly textured paper and pen-and-ink. These tools require deliberateness, and the artist cannot hide weak technique in texture or hope to get lucky with rendering.
>>
>>89652883
Look at my comment, I'm quirky and unique just like absolutely everyone else on 4Chan
Glasses houses
>>
>>89676468
Don't forget brush and ink.
Thread posts: 183
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.