[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this Disney's most popular cartoon in the late 90s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: Recess.jpg (3KB, 127x95px) Image search: [Google]
Recess.jpg
3KB, 127x95px
Why was this Disney's most popular cartoon in the late 90s and early 2000s? It seemed like it was on the level of popularity as DuckTales.

Pepper Ann should have gotten more popularity than this show.
>>
>>89631146
>Pepper Ann should have gotten more popularity than this show.
Why? Because she was your waifu?
>>
>>89631235
That and her show had more wit and humor than this show.
>>
>>89631146
>A diverse cast of characters
>easy to identify with
>none of them as one dimensional as their outward looks would make them seem
>>
>>89631281
All I can remember about Pepper Ann is that the theme song declared her "too cool for 7th grade," confirming my theory that anything that has to outright tell you it's cool probably isn't.
>>
>>89631339
Well I loved her two friends who were hilarious and easy to identify with.

It's sad that Disney chose to play Recess more than Pepper Ann.

Teacher's Pet and The Weekenders were also great shows.
>>
>>89631302
Plus the episode plots dealt with issues that both parents and their kids could relate to.
>>
>>89631339
That was the joke. She was a huge dweeb
>>
>>89631146
Because it was a good show
>>
>>89631339
the only one i remember is when she gets the bra.

Recess was much better.
>>
Teacher's Pet had all the ingredients to make a really successful Disney show, but it seems like Recess got more popular

Teacher's Pet had

>creative premise
>fun plots
>really played with it's premise
>great, witty humor

I wish it got more seasons.
>>
Remember when Kids WB made their own version of Recess? Good times, good times.
>>
>>89631146
Pepper Ann was just the typical Slice of Life cartoon. It didn't really do anything creative. It's no surprise it wasn't that popular, especially when there were multiple other shows like Doug that dealt with many of the same issues.

Recess had an original premise. A diverse, memorabe cast of characters, and interesting plots that both kids and adults could relate to.
>>
>>89631146

The kids were likeable/interesting. They reminded you of your own friends. And the writing was top-notch.

I think this was Disney TV Animation's last good era. Post Disney-Afternoon, pre cell-shaded Barneycore. (Frozen cartoon looks good though)
>>
The final Disney cartoon that i saw in my childhood was the Replacements in 2006
>>
>>89631146
Pepper Ann didn't have a character that said "Oh how deliciously moist"
>>
>>89631663
Detention?
>>
>>89635767
That's the one
>>
>>89631663
>>89635767
For whatever reason, I vividly remember the episode of that show when they did Hamlet.
>>
>>89635984
The show seems to be lost media for the most part. Only 3 episodes are available to watch online.
>>
File: 1312171688298.png (179KB, 311x300px) Image search: [Google]
1312171688298.png
179KB, 311x300px
>>89631339
>the episode where she tries to go full SJW on a paper manufacturing company only to get btfo when she realizes all the good they contribute to society
>>
>>89631663
I remember that it existed
>>
>>89632385
Exactly. Pepper Ann was a slightly wackier female Doug
>>
>>89631146
I remember being very angry about this show. Like, the last thing I wanted to do after spending all week in class was to come home and watch kids in school.
>>
>>89631146
Maybe it's just me, but I never thought Recess was all that popular during its heyday. It wasn't until a few years ago that I even understood it apparently has quite the following.
>>
>>89641308
I saw it in syndication on weekday mornings.

......so I got to prepare to go to school by watching kids already there.
>>
>>89641009
It's way better than Doug
>>
>>89645206
Doug was such a wimp
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.