[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Simpsonsmania Pokemania Turtlemania Rangermania These are some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: macys03.jpg (90KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
macys03.jpg
90KB, 320x240px
Simpsonsmania
Pokemania
Turtlemania
Rangermania

These are some of the more memorable phenomenons of the 90s but here's what I don't get. Why did Rugratsmania fade from the public memory? I mean, that was Nick's Spongebob before Spongebob. It lasted for over 10 years, it's the only Nicktoon to have more than three theatrical movies, it's popularity was all over the place that it became a staple to see this balloon at the Thanksgiving Day Parade

But these days it never gets mentioned as one of those cornerstones of the 90s. I mean, people remember it of course but not the way you'd expect. Nobody looks back on it and remembers how many toys and stuff were available or all the video games, etc.
>>
>>89627106
1) Rugrats never had a Mania

2) People probably don't want to remember it because then they have to remember that all grown up was a thing
>>
>>89627186
>Rugrats never had a Mania
You're lying son and the balloon in my OP proves it

Do you even realize how many video games came out for Rugrats compared to literally every other Nick show?
>>
>>89627106
I remember all of it. I had the t-shirts, video games, toys and I even had life sized Tommy and Chuckie plushies. The reason is simple; they shit the bed when it came to All Grown Up. The best part of the Rugrats is the fact they are babies that don't know simple things. When they took that aspect of it away they took the heart of the cartoon away. All Grown Up was shit and didn't last long because of it. Now the franchise isn't making anything new so it's lost in obscurity every other mania you mentioned has longevity and keeps making new things.
>>
>>89627237
There are many trademarks with a balloon at the Macy's thanksgiving day parade.
It was popular for a time =/= a Mania especially when it's already competing with the already mentioned actual manias of MMPR in 93-96 and pokemania in 98-00
>>
>>89627237
Such a fun game, but made me vomit if I played for too long.
>>
>>89627352
>It was popular for a time =/= a Mania
I think being on the air for a decade and being popular enough to have three theatrical movies counts as a mania.
>>
>>89627398
I think he's under age to be honest. No one who lived through that time can deny that the Rugrats were a mania unless they're from the 3rd world.
>>
File: 61SZE60HZ8L.jpg (79KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
61SZE60HZ8L.jpg
79KB, 500x346px
>>89627237
>>89627370
You know which one I hated?
>>
>>89627106
>Why did Rugratsmania fade from the public memory?

I was never a thing.

>>89627470
Rugrats never produced reached the level of the turtles or power rangers, let alone fucking pokemon.

Rugrats were a popular cartoon, but it doesnt compares with real manias like the 89-90 batman mania or the mario mania of mario3.
>>
>>89627398
It means it has longevity

A Mania means it was at one point the single biggest and most talked about product in the entire nation if not the world and got to that level fairly quickly. Rugrats was never this.

The fact that it's not talked about as much as you yourself admit, is proof of this.
>>
>>89627504
I never wasted my 1 video game rental my parents let me have on this.
>>
>>89627576
This, back in 200 you could go from Alaska to the very southern tip of Chile and every country you passed had kids with pokemon toys. Power Rangers was a huge thing among kids from Florida to new zealand. Rugrats was a popular well made show, but that's it.
>>
>>89627106
Cable wasn't that big back in the day
>>
>>89627746
That's also a good point.
Accessibility is everything and is one thing that probably prevented Rugrats from actually having its own Mania.

Turtles, PR, and Pokemon could all be seen on standard broadcast. Everyone with a TV could see it.

Not everyone had that extra cash or connections to get them the cable for Nick.
>>
>>89627106
Rugrats was just their back-up after Ren & Stimpy collapsed on itself.

>more than three theatrical movies
Exactly three.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.