[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this show's backstory so dark? I expected that eventually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: Elena_of_Avalor_cast.png (3MB, 2048x979px) Image search: [Google]
Elena_of_Avalor_cast.png
3MB, 2048x979px
Why is this show's backstory so dark? I expected that eventually it'd be revealed her parents survived somehow but no, they're just straight up dead.
And the chancellor guy is partially responsible for it and the rest of the cast doesn't know.

I know they're aiming for a slightly older audience than Sofia but from what I've seen the rest of the series is still pretty childish.
Are they even going to be able to touch upon that backstory stuff?
>>
File: 1514.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1514.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>89627014
>dark
nah, that ain't even dark for a kids show.
now in marcelino pan y vino the little kid called marcelino dies in the final episode and it's jesus who kills him.
>>
>>89627164
context?
>>
>Clearly South America
>Kingdom
>Queen, King and Princessess
>>
>>89627307
Both Mexico and Brazil had European styled monarchies at one point
>>
File: Christmas21.png (308KB, 829x460px) Image search: [Google]
Christmas21.png
308KB, 829x460px
>>89627299
kind of spanish production low budget cartoon based on the story of a orphan kid named marcelino who could talk jesus similar to what happened in fatima with the kids who could talk to the virgin mary but I think this is older.
the cartoon is a bit different because aparently marcelino got the power of talking to animals (like Saint Francis of Assisi) also there's gypsies and witches and ghosts and stuff like that, in the last episode jesus talks to him and offers him to go see his mother again and he accepts so jesus takes him to heaven and never coming back, it was actaully kind of shocking and depressing, I never thought they were going to show that part of the story, because muh children, but aparently they don't give a fuck.
>>
>>89627626
also I should have mentioned they found him dead
>>
>>89627164
Fair enough but that was a religious half European half Japanese production.

There's always a 50/50 chance of them ending with someone dying.

Less so for a disney show.
>>
>>89627626

>Read up on it

It seems kind of a pointless movie. I mean what is the arc?
>>
>>89628108
there was a movie but it was live action, and then there was the cartoon, the cartoon was like 20 episodes about the kid talking with animals and breaking gypsy curses and all that shit until the kid dies at the end
>>
>>89628237

Yes, I know. What is the point of the story?
>>
>>89628273
I don't know what you mean. the original story is supposed to be the story of a miracle so I guess the point of it is that miracles happen
>>
>>89627014

this isn't even that dark for Disney though

The Lion King is way darker
>>
>>89628345

So the miracle is that a kid dies.
>>
>>89628108
>>89628273
>>89628767
nu-/co/ everyone
>>
>>89628824

Nu-co is people wondering what the hidden meaning was of a movie where a kid talks to a statue and finally dies in its arms?
>>
>>89627014
Didn't the Lion Guard did something similar with Scar murdering the previous guard or something?
>>
>>89628991
what's the meaning of any biblical or religious tale? if you could find that kind of answers on /co/ you won't need a church or five different shows about aliens and the bible in the history channel. exactly what kind of answer you want?
>>
>>89629269

Well why make an animated show about it???

"Oh, by the way, he dies at the end."
That's pretty damn postmodern, I'd say.
>>
>>89628726
This is a spin-off a junior disney show.

It just seems odd that they'd give a series a backstory that they'll probably never be able to explore.
>>
File: maxresdefault[4].jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[4].jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>89629444
David the Gnome

show ends with main character dying of old age and being fine with it
>>
File: Kabouter.jpg (131KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
Kabouter.jpg
131KB, 450x600px
>>89630291

It's so weird to see him abroad.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.