[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>yfw Millar actually wrote it 10 years ago but left behind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: nemesis2.jpg (121KB, 572x868px) Image search: [Google]
nemesis2.jpg
121KB, 572x868px
>yfw Millar actually wrote it 10 years ago but left behind very specific instructions
>>
Is this ever coming out?
>>
>>89621349
For our sake, I hope it doesn't.
>>
>>89621361

>not wanting quality shitposting threads
>>
>>89621349
Probably, since they're making a movie for the first one.
>>
File: Sherlock_90b20e_5290410.png (223KB, 915x933px) Image search: [Google]
Sherlock_90b20e_5290410.png
223KB, 915x933px
>>89621328
Nemesis is the best example of smart characters as written by stupid people /co/ has ever come up with.
>>
>>89623343
>Preptime isn't a real superpower
Go fuck yourself

I agree it's bullshit writing, but given that Batman is known for doing shit that way, it's an inescapable trope in capeshit
>>
>>89623461
>>89623461
Preptime works, but only if you show them laying out things beforehand, have them mention it at some point, or have it as a general thing.

Like, Batman always carrying a cure for the Joker's laughing gas works. Batman having a specific place to lure someone chasing him, filled with traps to deter tails works, but only if they plow through a few of the deterrents not meant for them. Batman having a secret stash of supertech in a random apartment just in case he ends up being attacked by the League of Assassins wearing futuretech exosuits doesn't.
>>
>>89623461
Preptime may or may not be a power.
But "hey you know all that stuff that just happened? Someone called it ten years ago!" isn't preptime.
>>
File: RCO027.jpg (1MB, 1920x2951px) Image search: [Google]
RCO027.jpg
1MB, 1920x2951px
>>89623343
>>
>>89623343
The ending was what pissed me off the most. The whole comic was just preptime taken to its retarded extreme but the guy who created Nemesis having written the letter years in advance and predicted every single thing that happened exactly is fucking retarded.
>>
>>89621328
Why can't he just write good comics
Or was Huck just another one of his gimmicks? The gimmick that time was that he wrote something that wasn't garbage?
>>
>>89623343
This image really sums it all up. It's the laziest most stupid comic ever.
>>
>>89623576
>>89623461
The problem is that it's not really comparable. In the case of Batman comics, Batman is a character that's been around for 70+ years so you already could believe that Batman has a stash of confiscated supertech acquired from his time on the Justice League, or have training in multiple martial arts because he traveled around the world when he was younger and trained some more while he was Batman. We also know Batman's world isn't the real world and has a lot of unreal elements.

For Nemesis we barely know anything about the character so it comes off even more like asspulls. The world established by Nemesis seems like the real world, so you're left asking why is Nemesis walking on the plane so easily and other stuff like that.
>>
>>89626345
he likes writing edgy shit.

He's capable of writing good stuff, like Starlight, Superior, and Superman Adventures.

He just also likes shit like this, Kickass, and the Unfunnies
>>
>>89621328

You know we haven't had this storytimed in awhile since last year's Storytime of pain.
>>
>>89626345
Huck WAS garbage though.
>>
>>89626596
Didn't he jump onto Air Force One from another plane then shoot out both pilots with an anti-material rifle fired from a crouched position, then land it in a tunnel so he could break the president out of his locked emergency pod and sneak him away without a trace?

Nemesis is frustrating at the least to read just because of how many super small details having to go right at every step. I'm not even counting the last few pages.
Just the fact that he has to randomly find new goons in each city he visits, that are 100% super loyal and untraceable just like he is, blows my fucking mind.
Oh and he also knows a super secret technique to make wombs implode after insemination.

Honestly if the whole thing was plotted out by a psychic that could see 15 years into the future and remember every last fucking detail, I'd still think it's completely stupid.
>>
>>89628940
>Honestly if the whole thing was plotted out by a psychic that could see 15 years into the future and remember every last fucking detail, I'd still think it's completely stupid.

This would sort of work if the story hinted that super-psychics existed in-universe. Like if this happened in the X-Men universe no one would've bat an eye. You could think that oh, it's a team of mutants pulling all this shit off.

I guess if Millar does Nemesis 2 then he's going to have to explain a lot of it there. I don't expect it to be satisfying but I imagine its fans will defend the first one saying that you need to read the second to understand it.

Didn't Millar plug Nemesis 2 implying that the Nemesis who died was a billionaire software mogul?
>>
File: cat keikaku failed.jpg (14KB, 268x293px) Image search: [Google]
cat keikaku failed.jpg
14KB, 268x293px
>>89621328
It was supposed to be a satire?
With Millar you never fucking know.
>>
>>89629803

If I remember right, the concept for Nemezis was "what if Joker and Batman where the same person", so I think it definitely should be read as an edgy parody of Batman.
>>
>>89623343
I thought that was Sherlock's "thing" to have these super over the top plans for something.
>>
I just read all 4 issues just now because of this thread... What a dumb ass book. What was the point
>>
>>89634150
Millar wanted to tell an edgy evil Batman story.
>>
>>89629803
>It was supposed to be a satire?

I think a lot of Millar's stuff can be satirical. Not neccesarily good satire, but satirical none the less.
>>
File: el plan.png (243KB, 640x477px) Image search: [Google]
el plan.png
243KB, 640x477px
>>89634150
The point was that the plan was without flaws and nothing could stop him.
>>
>>89632772
no.

all the books can be easily red online for free, stop being such an anus-brain
>>
>>89632772
Never seen Sherlock beefier I'm not obsessed with Bandersnatch Cumberflump. But the "smart people are indistinguishable from wizards" sums up Nemesis as well as any time Millar has written geniuses.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.