[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your friend, who is a comic fan, slipped into a coma in the 90's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 1990s-comic-books-231x300.jpg (44KB, 231x300px) Image search: [Google]
1990s-comic-books-231x300.jpg
44KB, 231x300px
Your friend, who is a comic fan, slipped into a coma in the 90's has just woken up and asks what has changed in comics. what do you tell him.
>>
>>89621020
They're $3.99 now.
>>
>>89621020
Go back to sleep.
>>
File: xkVoEe4.png (560KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
xkVoEe4.png
560KB, 500x465px
The supermullet is gone
>>
Oooh... Uh...

Okay, the good news: Holy shit, dude, we gotta get your hospital room a DVD player and watch some of these great super hero movies that got made while you were asleep! We've come a long way from Batman 89 and Blade! Um... let's just skip these Superman ones, though...

The bad news: Uh, yeah, so... the actual comics... You weren't a fan of the belt pouches, were you? Wait, no, bad start...

Okay, basically: Marvel and DC have been see-sawing on who can come up with a good idea and then drive that bus into a brick wall the hardest, bringing back dead guys or making certain characters into legacy roles. Some of it surprisingly worked, some of it didn't. We have alot more diversity in characters now, alot more lesbians and even more people bitching about it on either side and people yearn for the good old days that never existed. Image's super hero scene dried up because everybody but the Savage Dragon dude sold out on one level or another, but they still make a ton of indie stuff that still doesn't come out on time or finish.

George Lucas made some new Star wars movies but they were so bad, everybody got mad and Disney paid him buttloads of money to never make any more ever again and they're during that fail boat the fuck around, but there's still ten-billion comics floating around that's basically fan fiction at this point.

...And don't even get me started on the Japanime stuff we saw on saturdays on Sci-fi. Holee shit, where do I even begin...
>>
>>89621020
"everything"
>>
>>89621020

Most people are into anime and manga now.
>>
Europe is still going strong.
No shortage of manga, but you will have to read most of it online on this nifty new thing called the Internet now...
>>
Marvel movies are ok. But there comics have gone to shit. Dc comics are ok but there movies are shit.

Also take your favorite character now change there race,religion, and gender. that's marvel

Now take your favorite character. Now kill there parents like Batman that's DC

also marvel sold a lot of there movie rights to characters to different company then Disney bought them. If Disney doesn't own those rights expect bad things for those characters.
>>
The good news is, you missed a complete crash of the murrican comic industry!
The bad news is, we're heading straight for another one!
>>
File: baby comic.jpg (35KB, 300x456px) Image search: [Google]
baby comic.jpg
35KB, 300x456px
>>89621020
So, uh... Remember that Batman cartoon comic you were collecting? You know, the one where I'd make fun of you at the shop and called it a baby comic for babies? You might want to look into that.
>>
Big 2 cape comics are bad. The comic "fans" and comic fans are even worse. Just a whole lotta complaining on the internet that never amounts to shit.

Our president is a meme.
>>
File: Sonic-252.jpg (54KB, 325x500px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic-252.jpg
54KB, 325x500px
>>89621020
Dude, you know that character you liked in the Archie's Sonic comic? Yeah uh.... they aren't there anymore. No they didn't die, the whole thing got rebooted because of a lawsuit.
>>
The country is literally on fire. God will smith us for our imperfections.
>>
>>89621596
Smite*
>>
There's a little fat giant "woman"-child with a "pussy" he grew by listening to binaural beats. So he's a woman now, but get this he wants to date other women.
>>
>>89621020
At least know this. I personally made sure you wouldn't be a virgin after 16
>>
>>89621020
You woke up just in time to see the true end of the Clone Saga
>>
>>89621646
>Not easing your friend into the world of Chris Chan by having him read Sonichu first.
>>
>>89621020
Marvel still sucks.
DC still rules.
Valiant is back.
Image got better.
Dark Horse got much better.
>>
>>89621696
Idk Marvel had a peak in the 90s.
>>
>>89621221
>We've come a long way from Blade
For the worse, of course.
>>
>>89621696
>Dark Horse got much better.
How was it before?
>>
>>89621708
Yeah, a peak in low quality.
>>
>>89621728
It only published movie franchises. Alien, Predator, RoboCop.
>>
>>89621696
>DC still rules.
You're gonna tell your friend DC still rules even though they recently just pulled outta some of the worse ongoing the company has ever had? Just going to pretend everything before Rebirth didn't happen?
>>
>>89621800
"Oh, and friend, Marvel no longer has fans, only shills."
>>
"Turns out Ben Riley really was the clone"
>>
>>89621748
>what is Dark Horse Presents
>what is Boris the Bear
>what are Dark Horse's short-lived imprints
>>
the best on going right now is the Flintstones.. No I'm not kidding
>>
>>89621978
>Dark Horse Presents
The magazine that serialized those franchises. Yeah, they had some original books too, but the big money was on the franchises.
>>
>>89621820
This is why fan waring is the literal worse. You implicated because I didn't like past DC comics that i'm a Marvel fuckboy. Kys.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.