[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think DC should recruit Midnighter and Apollo to the JL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1325718327482.jpg (103KB, 517x309px) Image search: [Google]
1325718327482.jpg
103KB, 517x309px
Do you think DC should recruit Midnighter and Apollo to the JL and make them a bit more relevant in DC?
>>
>>89616015
What? Are you fucking serious, the team that gave Diana shit for killing Max Lord is gonna recruits Mr. and Mrs. kill on sight? Batman would be in a perceptual state of triggered.
>>
>>89616178
They allowed Barry Allen, the mutliverse killer on their team. Why couldn't an exception be made for Midnighter and Apollo. You also forget that for a time Hawkman was a member of the JL.
>>
>>89616015
They should still live in their own universe instead of being forced to share the DCU with the people they were direct pastiches of.

Spending more time with the League never helped Billy Batson get out from under Superman's shadow.
>>
They would be pretty entertaining as reserve members.
>>
What ever happen to Icon, aka black Superman from blackverse? Last I remember DC attempted to push him and all he did was appeared in Young Justice for a few minutes.
>>
>>89616015
They're okay in DC. Midnighter fits well with the espionage angle, and as silly as they are they won't fit in the Wild Storm, as is at least.

But Midnighter and Apollo aren't Justice League types, they don't want Justice. They were part of the fucking Authority.
>>
> JL

Literally why? Midnigther and Apollo's approach is "beat it until it's dead and then beat it again" - which is terrible for recurring villains. Besides, do we really need gay Batman and Superman IN THE SAME TEAM as straight Batman and Superman?

What they need is someone who gives a damn about them and can write a team book.

On a more personal preference, I'd like if a writer took a page from the current mini and had them beat the shit out of supernatural threats. Specially since Apollo can make vampires explode and shit.
>>
>>89616341
The push for Milestone comics just didn't work. Static Shock and other related books didn't sell, and their main proponent, McDuffie, died.

There is still a black Superman in an alternate universe, though.
>>
>>89616382
The Milestone characters are still in some type of legal limbo, I think. Hence why Static never returned to the titans.
>>
File: the power of stardust.jpg (55KB, 400x217px) Image search: [Google]
the power of stardust.jpg
55KB, 400x217px
>>89616015
Shit, for some reason I saw that thumbnail and though Stardust Superwizard was fighting Superman

Because I really want to see that.
>>
>>89616178
Dial down the kill on site to "usually maims people" and I think it could work out.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.