[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Casuals finally starting to realize Marble Comics is shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 14

File: Casual Backlash.png (375KB, 1248x644px) Image search: [Google]
Casual Backlash.png
375KB, 1248x644px
>Casuals finally starting to realize Marble Comics is shit

IT'S HAPPENING!
>>
>>89596721
How long gonna they go until Disney get sick of these hacks' mess up?

Bendis has been wanna be kicked from Marvel for a while
>>
>>89596820
I don't think Disney gives a single fuck about whether comics are successful or not.

Only license they care about is Star Wars and they've been regularly getting 85-100k sales. I think first issue of Doctor Aphra was like in top 10, hope it'll live long enough for like 20 issues, I like her.
>>
>>89596721
>IT'S HAPPENING!
nothing is going to change unless they wise up to MCU's shitness as well
>>
>>89596820
Seeing how Disney is making loadsamoney off the movies which is pretty much keeping Marvel Entertainment on life support. I'm pretty sure they will let Marvel fix their own fuck up.
>>
>>89596721
You know, with how bad Marvel NOW is, I kind wonder how the reboot after Secret Empire will be even worse.
Like, will they make a Lady Stilts-Man ongoing? Squirrel Girl and the Squirrelettes? Bucky and Cap getting married?
>>
>>89597290
>shitness
More like afwul averageness, but this.
>>
File: 018.gif (2MB, 580x433px) Image search: [Google]
018.gif
2MB, 580x433px
>>89596721
>Dorkly
The author probably praises Marvel for its "diversity" in every other paragraph though.
>>
>people still read Marvel
That's like finding out people still use dial-up.
>>
LOL they didn't even mention the elephant in the room
>>
>>89596721
2017 us going to be sweet

>>89597290
All in right time, padawan
>>
>>89596721

The only thing good coming out of Marvel comics is probably Star Wars. everything else is just pandering to fucking something. It's like if you're getting people from Deviantart or fanfiction to do the comics.
>>
>>89597558
Star Wars and Disney Kingdoms, though the Tiki Room book they're doing is probably the weakest book in that line.
>>
>>89596721
Fuck, I wanted Marvel comics to collapse leaving only the movies
>>
>>89597290
>>89597544
Except people LIKE the MCU and it makes a shit ton of money.

Realistically, what would they stand to gain by going against public opinion?
>>
I think it's odd that we blame the MCU when if anything MCU synergy is relatively low.

I mean, Sam Wilson isn't Captain America in the movies. Thor isn't a woman in the movies. Tony Stark isn't a ghost mentoring a Riri in the movies.
>>
>>Reading article
>>IvX is good
What?
>>
>>89597290
>comics sales going down the toilet
>desperate gimmicks to try to keep sales afloat but they're not working

Meanwhile
>movies still making more money than god
>slowly progressing toward big events
>the competition is the one trying to maintain interest by throwing out giant crossover events right off the bat and not hitting their sales targets

Yeah, clearly the film division needs to clean up its act. They're not quite making ALL the money.
>>
>>89597596
>Except people LIKE the MCU and it makes a shit ton of money.
People also like McDonalds, your point?
>>
>>89597432
What?
>>
It could be literally poop, but if it makes money it will continue. Disney don't care about quality. Only money.
>>
>>89597619
>slowly progressing toward big events
Uh-oh.
>>
File: maskACE.jpg (17KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
maskACE.jpg
17KB, 300x199px
Remember as a kid you'd see a movie and see the trading cards, or a cartoon spin off or a comic book and you'd be like "oh hell yea more of THE THING I LIKE!" The tie-in impulse buy bullshit.

I know tons of movies had em, juarassic park, aliens, predator, jumanji, ace ventura, independence day and so on and so on.

That's marvel now. The comics are the tie-in bullshit. The movies/TV show is their main universe, everything else is supplementary stuff.
>>
>>89597622
People will get sick of the formula of the movies soon enough, I live in a small place and the theatres here only show MCU movies for about 4 days because not many people go to them anymore ever since ultron
>>
>>89596721
At this rate next year it will be Marvel Studios Comics.
>>
>>89597631
>Jon Peer · Metropolitan State University of Denver
#6-Infinity
PC garbage like turning old fan favorites into grab bags of unnecessary diversity rather than actually trying to come up with new characters, then characterizing people complaining that their favorite characters are being cast aside in favor of obvious diversity virtue signaling as racist Luddites.

What this based article commentor said, as if you didn't know exactly "what".
>>
>>89597639
By the time Infinity War releases it will have been six years since the initial introduction of Thanos.

So the films have been building toward a single big event in the time that the comics have gone through about a half dozen.
>>
File: 76.jpg (133KB, 553x960px) Image search: [Google]
76.jpg
133KB, 553x960px
>>89597676
>movies that require watching a dozen previous movies to be fully understood
>>
>>89596721
the probably didn´t even talk about the complete replacement of all the cool white male charters with sjws characters and all the amount of far left wing propaganda in current comics
>>
>>89597641
>That's marvel now. The comics are the tie-in bullshit. The movies/TV show is their main universe, everything else is supplementary stuff.
This is kind what I've been feeling for a while now. Especially with GOTG comics.
>>
>>89597641
But the MCU still needs comics to draw their stories from.
>>
>>89597641
The movies don't even advertise the comics, though. Not even a little tagline during the credits saying "Did you know you can read more adventures of these characters right now at your local bookstore?" I'm sure they'd at least get a few kids who'd ask mom and dad to swing by and pick something up after they left the theater.
>>
>>89597603
>>3. Comics are too grim now

What?
Where the fuck were they when the X-Men schoolbus blew up?
>>
>>89597673
I thought it was MODOK Trump
>>
>>89597745
>>We're not asking Marvel to stop tackling the personal and often global despair of the real world. The Unworthy Thor, Ms. Marvel, and (usually) Captain America use those problems to great effect. We just hope that this dreary chapter in the Marvel U. will end with a definitive win for the goodies. It's what most of us signed up for.

NO SERIOUSLY, where were these people last decade? Cause that shit was GRIM!
>>
>>89597718

because its all inverted and new, its kind of a new thing to have a series of films like this. It will not be long before they do a more original story in film and adapt it to a comic. We alrady have Caulson in the comics now.

>>89597722

Did LOTR or Harry potter do this?
>>
>>89597782
>It will not be long before they do a more original story in film and adapt it to a comic
And when that happens, the MCU will be even worse than ever.
>>
>>89597782
>Did LOTR or Harry potter do this?
No, because those books are much more famous than capes.
>>
>>89597782
I'd say the difference is that LotR or the HP series aren't perpetually dependent upon keeping up interest. If everyone stopped buying those books tomorrow the Tolkien and Rowling estates can just sit on their fat piles of money. Marvel and DC have to keep selling today, tomorrow, forever.
>>
>>89597782
>>89597807
I think that's already happening with the Defenders. We never had a book that was just Luke, Jones, DD and Iron Fist, and their villain is Sygorney Weaver. And from the looks of things, she is an OC or a very obscure character, which means Bendis will use her for his Defenders run and treat her like a big deal.
>>
>>89597822
>HP is more famous than all comic books

Ok....anyway......
>>
>>89597782
Well LOTR had movie edition covers, HP never did
>>
>>89597432
>the elephant in the room
c'mon, Bendis is not an elephant, he is fatter
>>
>>89597692

Not really. Movies are too big of an investment, and there's waaaay too much money on the line to be lost if the movie fails, so the movies will never become a clusterfuck of continuity the way comics are because the producers will always jump in and try to make every movie as accessible to the wide population as possible.

There's a reason why none of the Netflix characters appear in movies when if this was comic they'd have corssovers with them every month.
>>
>>89597648
>Soon enough
You do realize that Iron Man came out in 2008 right? Its been nearly a decade of MCU and its just hitting its stride now.

But yeah... soon
>>
>>89597648
You're a gutless liar
>>
>>89596820
>Disney caring about how the comics are doing
What?
>>
>>89597850
Harry Potter has definitely had more of a cultural impact. I mean, as much as we toot the comic book horn, the most memorable thing about the MCU is the spin around the Avengers.
>>
>>89597906
Thing is though, the MCU is pushing for 3 movies and 3 Netflix shows a year, with even more TV shows. Agents of SHIELD btw is current 0.6 in ratings.
>>
>>89597958
>HP has had a bigger cultural impact than comic books

just stop....
>>
>>89598061
Nah, I like to see you cry tears of impotent rage.
>>
>>89597892
>the movies will never become a clusterfuck of continuity
>none of the Netflix characters appear in movies
They used to say the same about Ultimate...
>>
>>89598098
Merging verses is the ultimate panic button
>>
>>89598121
And it will be pressed again sooner or later.
>>
>>89597977
I don't think the MCU will ever get that bomb that flops in the box office and everyone agrees is completely terrible. Their whole doctrine is built to avoid this.

I do however think that they'll hit a steady decline that'll go steeper and steeper unless they start changing formulas. Even the normie casuals are starting to get tired and point out the flaws in the movies.
>>
>>89598061
Most people think DC is just Batman and that he works alone.
>>
>>89598178
[citation needed]
>>
>>89598082

Crying? Im trying to avoid this devolving into a HP vs comics argument. You're just being an idiot. Seriously though if you think HP is bigger than batman, superman, spider-man, x-men, hulk, archie, walking dead, so on and so on, I mean, keep thinking it, but you're literally retarded.
>>
>>89596721
>Even when the events themselves are good, such as IvX

What the fuck?
>>
File: 1420676387069.png (926KB, 675x941px) Image search: [Google]
1420676387069.png
926KB, 675x941px
>>89596721
> caring what casuals think

fucking casual
>>
>>89598098
>>89598121
>>89598130
What's funny is that one of the big reasons the Avengers was such a success was that it merged 5 films. There was a special spark to that. Now it's kind of more predictable when we see these heroes team up. Infinity Wars has the GOTG and Avengers meeting that would be a boost, but having the Defenders meet the Avengers would be another landmark that would feel special again. Let's be honest, Marvel is running out of those special things to do, unless they do a Spider-Verse film.
>>89598165
I think Spider-Man Homecoming has the potential to be that bomb. All around the internet, people are hyping up that film beyond belief. Some Youtube channels are more hyped for Spider-Man's film than the Infinity Wars films,and what we're getting is High School shenanigans with almost all of the Spider-Man cast changed (I'm not talking about race), and a reliance on RDJ to support the film. If there is a film I think would be an MCU bomb, it's Homecoming because the hype people have for that film is unreal.
>>
>>89598197
...well HP is bigger than the X-Men, Hulk and Archie. Probably Walking Dead now that the show is starting to fizzle out.
>>
>>89597977
That's cause agents of shield is network trash.
I'm not shilling for netflix but those shows have a lot more freedom with what they can and can't do.
>>
>>89597781

Is that a Sentinel made out of meat?

Why the fuck would you make a Sentinel out of meat?
>>
>>89597193

they dont care about sales on *any* comics

this isn't a profitable industry. but it is a convenient Research & Development department that can pay comic writers and artists peanuts, take their ideas that stick to the big screen and make billions.

they'll continue to let it limp along, they don't want comics to lose them money but ultimately i think they'd accept moving 5k units of comics if it leads to blockbuster movie sales. one step backwards, 600 million steps forward, yeah they'll take that deal
>>
>>89598276

yea but combined. HP vs Comic books. Thats every comic book vs HP, not each one individually. The comic book industry and the industries spun off and the content spun off has all had a much larger impact on society as a whole in the last 100 years than HP has by far. It's not comparable.
>>
>>89597641
I only wish there was a Jurassic Park and a Predator 90s kids cartoon
>>
File: tumblr_m7aankemus1r2x5jlo1_500.jpg (130KB, 500x644px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7aankemus1r2x5jlo1_500.jpg
130KB, 500x644px
>>89598291
Yeah, like stretch a plot out to be super thin and have weak climaxes!
>>89598292
Remember Wallflower?
X-Men Teen girl who was shot in the head on the front lawn of the X-Mansion by a sniper?
Well, Warren Ellis thought fans who thought that was too depressing and morbid decided to one up her death by having a villain take her corpse, and fit an entire sentinel into it, leading to a sequence where Emma Frost sees her in a crowd, follows her, and then Wallflower's corpse explodes apart into that monstrosity. All because Warren Ellis thought comic readers were getting soft.
>>
>>89597781
I still can't believe they think it's DC who's grim and Marvel who's light. Marvel. Fucking Marvel.
>>
>>89598259
>If there is a film I think would be an MCU bomb, it's Homecoming because the hype people have for that film is unreal.
You people say this with LITERALLY EVERY FILM

No I'm sorry but it's the same shit, ever since, like, GOTG, every film has been "no, this one is going to be the bomb because [here's some completely irrelevant reasons]".
>>
>>89598315
Deal with it, anon. A classic of British young adult literature will outlive every capeshit.
>>
>>89598377
>You people say this with LITERALLY EVERY FILM
not really
>>
>>89598259
>it merged 5 films
Wrong, it was an adaptation of the first Avengers comic ever.
>>
>>89598379
lol trying too hard
>>
>>89598413
lol out of arguments
>>
>>89598394
Which one wasn't it said for? (Since GotG)
>>
>>89598420
there's no argument that HP is going to be more iconic than Batman, Superman, etc. either lmao

you also know it's true, you're just asshurt about cape comics dominating the industry so you're bandwagoning a children's book """classic"""
>>
>>89598435
Not him, and I wouoldn't know because I don't watch capeshit cinema, but isn't it interesting that MCU gets brought up in every thread about Marvel's comics bombing?

very interesting pattern
>>
File: New X-Men 023 25.jpg (396KB, 1024x1596px) Image search: [Google]
New X-Men 023 25.jpg
396KB, 1024x1596px
>>89597781

>NO SERIOUSLY, where were these people last decade?

Not reading comics.
>>
>>89598469
>but isn't it interesting that MCU gets brought up in every thread about Marvel's comics bombing
Usually it's because of people not being able to understand >>89597193
>>
>>89598377
That's only the doubtful trolls. The key was that people underestimated films like Ant-Man and GOTG. They all thought they would be bad, but were surprised by how fun they are.

The problem with Spider-Man Homecoming is the opposite. People are waaaaay too excited for this film.
https://youtu.be/uU-HXF44s1Q?t=3m8s
People think this will be the biggest grossing film of the year and top GOTG 2 and all of that, but the thing is, you look at the trailer, and the film is presenting itself as something really simplistic. Peter Parker has to trudge though High School problems, has a goofy fat friend to bounce thoughts off of, and his villain can be stopped by the Avengers at any time, but Peter is doing it himself to prove his worth to the Avengers.

None of that will live up to the hype expectations. GOTG and Ant-Man people thought would tank and were proven wrong, where as people have their hopes way too high for Spider-Man.
>>
>>89598367
I meant more the stuff they can do visually and pacing wise vs network tv being wrapped around 3 commercial breaks and ratings and sfx budgets getting burned through in 2 episodes because they need to draw a big audience at the start and mid season openers...

Which villain did that?
>>
>>89598402
If Avengers just came out of the gate, nobody would have cared. People would have gone, Hulk and 5 other heroes, and paid it not much interest. The reason why it nailed it was that it took Iron Man that worked so well, and built upon it, creating 3 other films to tie together. The fact that it was never done before made it work.
>>
>>89598485
so speculation on your part?

the Mouse will care if a division of it isn't profitable, and Marvel Comcis is separate from Marvel Studios.
>>
>>89598518
And then what happens? Are you insinuating Disney would drop Marvel as a whole if the comics start selling bad?
>>
File: Noriko_Ashida_(Earth-616)_043.jpg (75KB, 389x604px) Image search: [Google]
Noriko_Ashida_(Earth-616)_043.jpg
75KB, 389x604px
>>89598473
You know, that was a dark time in X-Men history, and I get that.
But the fact that it's followed by "Quentin Quire gets his dick suck every book he's in" makes me sour on that whole dark period.
>>
>>89598259
>>89598491
I don't think Homecoming will bomb or be completely awful but I do think a lot of people will be disappointed.
>>
>>89598497
Thing is, I feel the Netflix shows are really cheap. Almost cheaper than AoS cause at least AoS has some effects heavy moments, where Netflix cant' even have JJ fly cause of budget.

Some old guy who blamed mutants for blah blah blah. It wasn't anything that special but the Wallflower thing stuck out.
>>
>>89598453
>you see, in the future Stan Lee will be more famous than Shakespeare
Poor capefags.
>>
>>89598531
no, just hoping that they'll clear house and make the comics great again

MCU while discussing the ramifications of the comics business remains irrelevant, and a deflecting measure by defensive fanboys
>>
>>89598491
>were surprised by how LELSORANDUMB they are
Fixed.
>>
>>89598566
took you long enough, autist
>>
>>89598585
Keep crying, neckbeard.

>>89598515
>it was never done before
The Universal monsters.
>>
>>89598570
They won't 'clear house'. They'll let the comics dry up and probably make 'em digital-only so they won't completely piss off a group of a people. Probably invest more in the video game departs as a result.
>>
>>89598570
>defensive fanboys
You mean /tv/. They HATE comics.
>>
>>89598379
>the only comics are capeshit
>>
>>89598563
Ah well yeah. JJ is probably the weakest of the shows in that regard. Obviously DD and Cage benefit from being street heroes that pretty much stay on the ground.
I'm hoping IF has more mystical aspects than just a glowing fist but well see.
And obviously Punisher will be bullets blood and bombs.
>>
>>89597781
>Over the course of about two years, in one comic book:
>The Xavier school was invaded by terrorists, murdering several young mutants. Jay Guthrie had his wings town off
>The bus
>Wallflower gets sniped, did in Josh's and
>Forge gets blackmailed into rebuilding a super powerful sentinel, because otherwise they're going to kill storm and his kid
>The x kids go to hell. Prodigy gets his heart ripped out, pixie gets her soil stolen
>Mercury is kidnapped and tortured to within an inch of her life

Yeah, things sure are grim now compared to 5 years ago
>>
>>89598646
From your point of view, yes.
>>
>>89598659
>bullets, blood, and bombs
>a Disney property
Heh.
>>
>>89596721
While I think there are definitely too many events and such. There is still good stuff coming out of Marvel.

Moon Knight, Unworthy Thor, Supreme Power and Nighthawk. Also Idgaf, but I'm enjoying the current Spider-man. May not have a super awesome over arching plot, but the art is good and the dialogue is certainly enjoyable.
>>
>>89598560
Thing is, if $700 mil was a failure for Sony to reboot the franchise, I don't think Homecoming will be the billion dollar beast. It might get close, and I might be wrong, but everything about the film is people with high expectations.
>>
>>89598716
Anon, you do realize you mentioned literally only Spider-Man is an ongoing there? Lemire is leaving Moon Knight so it's dead. Thor's a mini, Supreme Power and Nighthawk are both cancelled. It's pretty pathetic if your 'best' titles are all dead on arrival.
>>
>>89598582
What was LELSORANDUMB about Ant-Man? I was gonna ask GOTG but I was certain you'd respond with DANCE OFF BRO!
>>89598610
Did they actually come together in a film?
>>
File: 1481285876406.png (255KB, 770x711px) Image search: [Google]
1481285876406.png
255KB, 770x711px
>>
>>89598670
It really is astonishing. 2000's Marvel was fucking depressing, and yet people act like Marvel was always fun cause the MCU hit. Hell, they even omitted Avengers Arena from the Dorkly list of dark things.
>>
File: MFW.jpg (294KB, 868x994px) Image search: [Google]
MFW.jpg
294KB, 868x994px
>>89598798
We're not the ones who begged Hiroshimoot to ban all talks on the rival company dear mousey.
>>
>>89598776
It's pretty pathetic that /co/ claim that Tumblr don't buy comiucs then let good books get cancelled.
>>
File: Doctor_Venture.png (471KB, 645x767px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor_Venture.png
471KB, 645x767px
>>89598692
>>89598659
>>Everyone is expecting the Punisher show to be balls to the wall Punisher murdering people.
>>In reality, it'll be one or two action scenes at the start, and a lot of sitting around, moping and talking about things for episodes on end, leading to a weak climax, with one holy shit episode in the middle.
>>
>>89598776
My point is you all are just rabidly hating Marvel, and I'm enjoying the stuff I'm reading.

"Marble Comics is shit".
Ya...except the stuff that's not.
>>
>>89598692
Not certain you watched Franks arc in DD season 2
>>
>>89597619
I think that anon was trying to say that MCU make so much money than unless the movie devision start to fail Marvel is never going really lose money
>>
>>89598847
Well yeah. If they do it every episode it loses its punch
>>
>>89598822
And that was one book! Also running at the time: Cable & Deadpool (cable ties repeatedly to save us from ourselves. He fails), Runaways (the whole damn plot stats with ritual sacrifice), Ms Marvel's pro-reg initiative team (being up a former superhero in front of her kid) and shortly thereafter, avengers academy (Norman Osborn's future supervillains) and journey into mystery (Loki finds redemption, is promptly killed by old Loki). Also, the entire ultimate universe was ongoing. Marvel today is pretty damn happy by comparison
>>
>>89598847
>balls to the wall Punisher murdering people.
If people actually wanted that, War Zone would have done better at the box office

The reason people like Punisher MAX so much isn't because it's pages upon pages of shooting
>>
>>89599116
At least MAX has a decent ratio of shooting to introspective moments. With every Netflix series it seems more like they're just trying to pad out the episode order.
>>
>>89598834
>W-why should we have to buy books? B-buy our books yourselves goyim
It's Marvel's fault you fucking idiot. If DC can have niche off the wall brands like Hanna Barbera and Young Animal and Vertigo and have them do subpar numbers and still keep em there's literally no reason that Marvel can't do the same. Complain against the system not the users you fucking idiot.
>b-but they're not making any money
The MCU makes the money, comics are just breeding ground for ideas now. Marvel is doung a shit job of maintaining it if they're cutting them off.

>>89598865
>Reading
Yeah, sure would be swell if it actually went past 7 issues though.
>>
>>89597403
> People still read comics
>>
>>89597692
>Comics that require watching a hundred previous comics to be fully understood
>>
>>89599275
It would be good if they were longer runs, ya. Marvel management is shit at the moment, just don't feel that way about the actual comics.
>>
>>89599275
>Hanna Barbera and Young Animal and Vertigo
>Niche off the wall brands
>>
>>89597378
There's literally nothing wrong with diversity. All that matters is that they're hiring garbage writers and artists.
>>
>EVER reading big 2
>EVER buying singles

I SERIOUSLY hope you guys don't do this.
>>
On the comics side of things, its a mess, but honestly its still much better then before.
Seriously, has anyone actually been keeping up with comics? Oh wait, no cause
>"kek marvel comics are shit, why would I read them?"
is probably going to be the answer.
>>
>>89599656
Ya this, just mindless hate.

"What's that? Other people are hating something? Better hate it too."
>>
>>89599521
They're not exactly big sellers nowadays, are they?
>>
>>89599656
The problem is that the good books don't sell so they're all getting cancelled.
>>
>>89598566
...did you just compare Harry Potter to Shakespeare?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-12-17-52-37.png (3MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-12-17-52-37.png
3MB, 1080x1920px
>>89599656
I was sad to find that Carnage ended at 16 issues, i felt Squadron Supreme and Hyperion should have lasted longer than they should have, but USAVENGERS, Spider-Man and Deadpool, Spider-Man RYV, Ultimates, AN Wolverine, Old Man Logan, all enjoyable. I guess I just don't get upset with Marvel for books like Champions, Hellcat and Civil War because I'm smart enough to chose to ignore said books. Honestly, out of all of the Marvel titles I'm following only two actually tied into that event, so again, it didn't bother me, and I'm smart enough to stay the duck away from anything with Bendis' name on it.

But here on /co/ all we seem to do is complain about things we don't like rather than talk about tings that we do like.
>>
I have no idea why Marvel does this to itself. Is there a compelling reason WHY this company fucks over long-time readers with their shitty short-sighted tactics?

I read Marvel back in 2000 ever since I got my hands on Ultimate Spider-Man. And now the Ultimate Universe has been killed because nobody knows what to do with it after Loeb nuked it.

Shit like this is why I switched to manga and independent comics.
>>
>>89599816
Good, the ultimate universe was a sea of absolute shit that had a few sparkly gems floating in it.
>>
>>89599793
I think it's just company wars bullshit.
>>
>>89596721
>too many events
That's not the way Marvel is screwing readers, that's the way readers are screwing Marvel.
The only reason there are too many events is that there are too many retards to buy them.
>>
>>89599849
To me, Ultimate Marvel has a special place because it was my 1st comic book universe. I was 9 when USM debuted and I loved it. That universe had so much potential, but instead they just treated it as a tweaked version of 616 and as a testing ground for stuff they would later use in mainstream Marvel.
>>
>>89599793
I would have buy Extraordinary X-Men if it was a book about those guys' adventures in the future.
>>
>>89599793
Oh ya I have been meaning to read Ultimates. Anything I need to know before getting into the current run? Haven't read any ultimate titles post Secret Wars.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-22-21-36-48.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-22-21-36-48.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>89599939
Ah, if it was your first then I can understand, USM was the first series in started collecting (along with Reed's Ms Marvel run), and I was ducking furious by how badly they ducked everything up, Osborn was now a Hulk with firepowers, MJ was Peter's first love, Venom was created by Peter and Eddies dad, Carnage is made from Peters blood and becomes Gwen, and the list just goes on and on,
>>89599979
Extraordinary should have been about the new kids and Magik, they were the only reason why I followed that book.
>>89599984
The art is fucking amazing, but while you are reading it also read the Contest of Champions comic that they made post SW, it has a small crossover with the Ultimates which was pretty fun
>>
>>89597334
>As if Lady Stilts Man wouldn't be god-tier with the right writer
>>
>>89600069
All that stuff you mentioned works fine in an alternate continuity. I had little to no exposure to 616 Marvel. The only thing I knew at the time was the FOX Spider-Man, the FOX X-Men, the 90's Iron Man, and the 90's Hulk.

What USM did best was introduce a Peter Parker/Spider-Man for the 21st century. And I still love that story where Peter and Wolverine swapped bodies. That shit was hilarious.
>>
>>89600185
I liked that recently in the All New Wolverine annul they did a call back to that issue by having Spider-Gwen and X-23 swap bodies.
>>
>>89597676
>>89597692
I don't really think so. I think they've established the formula sufficiently that people basically know who the recurring characters are and get the shared universe concept and that's enough to get through any of them - I don't think most people have a problem with "oh, I didn't get that, probably from one of the movies I didn't see" so long as they're not too continuity heavy (they're not)
>>
>>89596820
While there are cucks like Moviebob that defense this garbage, they will never stop.
>>
>>89596721
yeah trusting dorkly to do anything.
>>
>>89598895
>I think that anon was trying to say that MCU make so much money than unless the movie devision start to fail Marvel is never going really lose money

Well he's fucking dumb because they split Marvel Studios from Marvel Comics. I mean for fuckssake they made an all new logo acknowledging the films and not the comics, like the old logo used to.
>>
>>89597193
>I don't think Disney gives a single fuck about whether comics are successful or not.
>>89598301
>they dont care about sales on *any* comics

Isn't this what people said about WB and DC back in the 00's? I'm pretty fucking sure the New 52 was done because of lagging sales.
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.