[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever wonder if in the far future some cartoon or comic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: buster_is_coming.jpg (60KB, 386x599px) Image search: [Google]
buster_is_coming.jpg
60KB, 386x599px
Do you ever wonder if in the far future some cartoon or comic character today will end up being remembered solely for being a mascot of a product as opposed to the cartoon or comic they came from? Like for instance Buster Brown is mainly known for being the mascot on Buster Brown shoes and Flintstones are probably now more well-known on the Pebbles cereals and vitamins than the cartoon.
>>
>>89594569
>Flintstones are probably now more well-known on the Pebbles cereals and vitamins than the cartoon.

bullshit
>>
>>89594569
Jesus, it's like you open up the wrong door in some chaotic, shifting labyrinth in a nightmare and this fucker is coming towards you.
>>
>>89594600
Seriously there was like 14 years between the last Flintstones animated TV film and that WWE/Flintstones crossover.
>>
>>89594569
Nobody has seriously noticed Olde Tymey Jeff the Killer there?
>>
File: buster brown and tige.jpg (15KB, 288x228px) Image search: [Google]
buster brown and tige.jpg
15KB, 288x228px
>>89594716
Ever see his dog?
>>
File: bustershoead890.jpg (143KB, 890x1366px) Image search: [Google]
bustershoead890.jpg
143KB, 890x1366px
>>89594736
>>
>>89594569
I feel Mickey Mouse is better known as the mascot of Disney then for his actual cartoons, at least not the original cartoons
>>
File: Buster_Brown_valentine.jpg (50KB, 482x374px) Image search: [Google]
Buster_Brown_valentine.jpg
50KB, 482x374px
>>89594569
>>
>>89594716
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C9ohRlSywQ
And then they changed the design some in the 70's:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTkLxbHOFdE
>>
>>89594766
And in this 80's commercial they use >>89594736
as the logo again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVLsCpTzuYI
>>
>>89594778
Argh, I remember those ET shoes.

Those things were fucking HORRIBLE. I wanted them because kindergartener and HOLY FUCK ET. Eventually I had to be taken to a doctor because they just tore the shit out of my feet.
>>
>>89594569
Pepe will be primarily associated with the Trump campaign.
>>
File: 360318 - Buster_Brown Tige.jpg (107KB, 460x477px) Image search: [Google]
360318 - Buster_Brown Tige.jpg
107KB, 460x477px
>>89594569
I actually knew about buster brown before knowing about the shoes. Mostly due to the freaky faces.
>>
>>89594824
Oddly, the faces aren't very freaky in the cartoon strips themselves. Does anyone know how they got from there to the horror in the OP?

Also, lol at the pic. Nothing is safe from... whatever the version of rule 34 for lewds is called.
>>
>>89594569
>BUSTER IS COMING
>BUSTER IS ALMOST HERE
>>
>>89594736
>>89594763

I'm pretty sure Tige is the first talking animal in the history of comics. At the very least, he's the first recurring animal that could talk.

>>89594751

Barring "hosting" duties for things like the Mickey Mouse Club, Mickey only had three shorts between The Simple Things in 1953 and 1996 when Mickey Mouse Works started.

If you take into account the fact that he was basically second banana to Donald, Goofy, and Pluto for most of the shorts after the early '30s, Mickey has pretty much been the cartoon version of "famous for being famous" for longer than he was an actual star.
>>
>>89594824
Apparently Buster Brown is just a trap Kirima Sharo.
>>
>>89594569
Isn't that what superheroes already are for the vast majority of people? Just brands everyone knows the bare basics of, but no one cares about their stories, and as long as he's stamped with the logo, that's Superman?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.