[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone please explain to me why the fuck he has fans. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 13

File: Spider-Man_Vol_2_1_Textless.jpg (302KB, 900x1369px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man_Vol_2_1_Textless.jpg
302KB, 900x1369px
Someone please explain to me why the fuck he has fans. I've never seen a more boring character in my life and I can't see any appeal whatsoever.
>>
>>89583284
Because he's a black Spider-Man in a time of need.
>>
cool costume
>>
People feel obligated to say they like him or else they'll be viewed as racist.
>>
File: Kid_Arachnid_6.png (887KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kid_Arachnid_6.png
887KB, 1366x768px
>>89583284
I'm a black guy that reads comics, it's because he's black.
Personally, I don't care for him. Back in 2013, there were other black guys at my lcs that didn't care for him, they even thought he was still gay at that point. But every time I stumble across a fan of Miles Morales, they don't read comics and only like him because he's black. I'm guessing the Web Warriors tv show is doing wonders for him, especially with that Kid Arachnid rebranding.
>>
>>89583418
>especially with that Kid Arachnid
Kidswill grow up thinking that Miles is not a spiderman, but a sidekick called Kid Arachnid, i love it.
>>
Miles doesn't have fans, he has advocates.

There's a difference.
>>
>>89583284
>Someone please explain to me why the fuck he has fans.
He's a Spider character in Marvel, why wouldn't he have fans?
>>
File: miles venom blasts.jpg (877KB, 1752x2112px) Image search: [Google]
miles venom blasts.jpg
877KB, 1752x2112px
Initially the appeal was you had this new character with spider-powers trying to navigate the remains of Ultimate Peter's supporting cast, but as time went on that really wore off. It didn't help the main artist for his post-SW book draws Miles completely differently than how he was portrayed while in the Ultimate books.

Can anyone else elaborate further? I only read up to the Venom encounter.
>>
>>89583284
Because when you buy his book you let everyone know you aren't racist. Don't you want to be not racist?
>>
Does he? The only fans of his I know of are Inspector Nigwood and the guy who calls himself My Spider-Man Is Black
>>
>>89583518
Miles "character" is ciclical.

>Miles is told he's not the real Spider-Man
>Miles feels bad about not being recognized as the real Spider-Man
>Miles then one shots villain of the week
>Character who said he wasn't the real Spider-Man now says he is worthy of being him
>Miles feels better about himself and gets tons of ass pats
>rinse and repeat

This is literally every story Bendis tells about him because he wants people to accept him as the one true Spider-Man, because he's an arrogant cock sucker.

I should also mention Miles Venom blast one shots fucking anyone. He got Black heart TWICE with it for fucks sake.
>>
You could say his appeal is only skin deep.
>>
>>89583482
>Miles doesn't have fans, he has advocates.

Fucking this.
>>
>>89583284
Someone should come up with a comprehensive list of problems he's affirmative actioned his way out of solely through his deus ex spider sting.

I can think of at least four off the top of my head.
>>
>>89583284
He has enough for the mcu to steal his characteristics
>>
>why do people like what I don't like
fuck off
>>
I'm pretty sure he doesn't have fans. People just feel #woke because he's black
>>
>>89583284
He has a cool costume and unlike other affirmative action heros he didn't replace his main universe counterpart.
>>
I really like that venom blast and his black costume and black skin its just black and yeah his character too
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-01-17-41-16.png (690KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-01-17-41-16.png
690KB, 1080x1920px
>it's a I don't understand why people like what I don't like episode

Seriously just get him out of bendis' hands and he's fixed already. Even his deus ex can be exploited if we had a creative enough writer to give him an interesting villain, which is anyone besides bendis at this point
>>
>>89585081
Why don't you say what you do like about it instead of being mad? This just makes it seem like there really is nothing to like about the character.

>>89585140
>he didn't replace his main universe counterpart.

That's only because they won't let Bendis kill their cash cow.
>>
>>89585081
>fuck off

That's not a good explanation.
>>
>>89585691
But he's shit when written by everyone else too, except for that one lady who did Ms. Marvel.
>>
>>89583377
>It's a "muh boogiemen" episode
>>
>>89583284
Because some pople prefer a teenage Spider-man that's actually a teenage, not Peter acting like a teenage man-child forever?
>>
>>89588008
But Ultimate Peter was already a teenager. And Marvel puts out Teen Peter miniseries all the time.
>>
>>89588008
>Because some pople prefer a teenage Spider-man

Teenage Peter acted /nothing/ like the way Marvel thinks teenage Peter acted.
>>
>>89588317
This, Early Spidey was kind of an asshole I blame Ditko
>>
>>89588411
>Blaming him.

Why? It was always how he intended Parker to be, a shut in NEET who refuses to let people get too close to him.
>>
>>89583284
I ask this about Danny Phantom all the time
>>
>>89584032
Naturally this doesn't apply to White characters
>>
>>89583284
Maybe next time tell us exactly why you don't like something instead of sperging "I DONT LIKE THIS HOW CAN ANYONE LIKE IT?????"

That way, people might actuially take you seriously
>>
>>89588704
Shut up, baka shinji
>>
>>89588930
I literally hate everything about him. His personality, his character, his expanded universe, his supporting cast, his shitty power set, his interactions, there is nothing good about this character that I can see. Hence why I made the thread. Mind explaining to me why you like him?
>>
>>89587226
>It's a stop hating what I like episode
>>
>>89588989
Can you give some instances from what you have read that makes you hate him?
>>
>>89589019
From his origin to the Venom arc, picked up single issues here and there after that to see if anything happens (spoiler, it doesn't), Secret Wars IV, ANAD Ultimate Spider-Man, ANAD Avengers, The X-Men crossover, the Peter Parker/Miles Morales crossover, the shitty Spider-Gwen crossover. Now can you please explain to me what about this character is good?
>>
>>89583284
His costume is lit af and outside of a couple dud arcs his first volume was pretty good. His post-Cataclysm volume was garbage though and he's been pointless since coming to 616. Still, him, Ultimate Mjolnir and The Maker are the last things from the Ultimate Universe that we have left so that's enough for me to, well, not consider myself a "fan" but at least give him some extra leeway.
>>
>>89588989
I just don't like him cuz he's black
>>
>>89583284
He's black.
>>
>>89589148
Didn't they reveal that 1610 survived in the Ultimates book?
>>
>>89589151
Come on, atleast TRY to disguise your bait, low test
>>
>>89589190
Tee hee hee
>>
>>89589189
Nah, there's just a flash-forward panel showing The Maker holding a universe in his hands and referring to it as The Ultimate Universe. This could mean that it did survive, but it might just be The Maker's name for the super-universe that he plans on creating. He wants to merge every universe in the multiverse together to create one singular ultra-powerful universe capable of defeating The Empty Hand. I'd say "The Ultimate Universe" is a pretty good name for such a universe.

But either way, we won't know for sure until that arc starts.
>>
>>89588317
Teen-Peter in the modern context is basically just Ultimate Peter. Not 616 Teen Peter. I mean, the vast majority of stories that people attribute to 616 HS Peter actually happened while he was in college.
>>
>>89587085
I liked him in Pak's TAHulk and Hickman's Secret Wars.
>>
>>89583466
To be fair, Kid Arachnid is a pretty cool name.
>>
>>89583284
Nah, i like him, he's cool
>>
>>89589347
It's been a while since I read it, but didn't he only have three scenes in Secret Wars IV? Could be mistaken, again, it's been a while.
>>
>>89589435
Porque?
>>
>>89583994
>This is literally every story Bendis tells about him because he wants people to accept him as the one true Spider-Man, because he gets a check every time someone else uses Miles in a story.
>>
I want Miles to either get killed off, or find a new name. And can we please give him a rogues gallery, a character revamp, or something for fuck sake? If I have to see his stupid face everywhere, at least make him mildly interesting.
>>
>>89589520
>because he gets a check every time someone else uses Miles in a story.

Is this true?
>>
>>89589585
Either go with Kid Arachnid or Wolf Spider. Also, Miles needs a schtick that sets him apart from Peter like all the other spiders have. Maybe have his stories set in a more horror vibe? You can have Miles be the spider that deals with the Midnight Sons and the classic monsters.
>>
>>89589642
So far the most prominent changes Ive heard suggested in these threads are those names, permanently mutate him into a spider monster, or make him the new Scorpion. But before any changes are made I think it would be best if Miles was shelved for a good bit. Overexposure isnt helping his case.
>>
>>89589642
isn't his thing personality wise being a coward and fearful he is going to go bad like his dad or uncle or whatever that guy was
>>
>>89589731
Definitely, have him fade into obscurity and give him a good ending arc. Something tragic, like the Maggia coming in and shooting up his family in front of him. Have Peter try to comfort him, but Miles just goes off at him and just leaves. Then five to ten years later (real time, not this time skip bullshit) have something else big come up, marking his return as a new entity.
>>
>>89589773
Currently, yeah, another anon already posted Bendis' cookie cutter outline. >>89583994
expect this to go the same way.
>>
>>89588832
Danny had a charm to him. I like him cause he was white. If miles was white i'd like him more too.
>>
>>89583284
He was neat at first and showed promise but then got boring. For the most part people were just happy about the possibilities of this new Spidey. He could've had his own Rogue Gallery hell even explored a different side of the spidey powers, but eh.

>>89583482
People on Comicvine and Youtube really do like Miles.
>>
>>89589773
His thing personality wise is that he is the real Spider-Man and also he is black and his venom blast is cool and he has the best costume.

And he's black.
>>
File: h29OvQa.jpg (107KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
h29OvQa.jpg
107KB, 800x532px
>>89589642
Redback is also a good name. Or just give him a new costume and call him Cobalt Blue.
>>
>>89590460
A blue and white Spider-Man outfit would be based as fuck. And then Miles complaint about people calling him black would make a bit of sense.
>>
>>89583284
you obviously arent very cool
>>
>>89583284
Oh look, it that one anon that repeats bait topics every Wednesday with the same question and the same two images.
>>
>>89583284
I could have sworn I've seen thread this the last time I was here.
>>
>>89591911
Me too a few days ago, and a week ago and a month ago. Same fucking shit. It's almost like faggots keep making the same thread over and over or something.
>>
>>89583284
>Someone please explain to me why the fuck he has fans.

Like who? I don't anyone who gives a shit about Miles.
>>
>>89583518
i miss ultimate peter so fucking much
i loved that little section of the ultimate universe more than anything else
>>
>>89589109
not that anon, but you didn't give a reason as to why you hate him still
you just said nothing happens
>>
>>89589256
could you post that panel?
any hope of seeing ultimate peter again will get me through
>>
File: hello.png (204KB, 304x319px) Image search: [Google]
hello.png
204KB, 304x319px
>>89589865
hello, /pol/!
>>
File: Team 6.png (515KB, 676x557px) Image search: [Google]
Team 6.png
515KB, 676x557px
>>89583284
At first, I wondering how he going take on mantle being spider-man.

I like during the spider-verse, Where he became a straight man spider-man seeing weird shit.

And third, I like the idea that he is one of the only people that remembers his old universe. But, I heard some writers trying to write that off. Which it is pretty bullshit to me.
>>
>>89583284
I like him and Ganke and the dynamic with his uncle. But they fucked that all up pretty much.
>>
File: Redesign 2.png (563KB, 552x808px) Image search: [Google]
Redesign 2.png
563KB, 552x808px
>>89594401
I haven't read much about miles after civil war 2.

I heard he is dating spider-gwen. Which it is pretty interesting to me.
>>
>>89594503
Really? I thought it was a bit boring since he's just repeating what Peter did
>>
>>89583284
Because he's black. That's literally it.

Most of his "fans" have never even read a comic with the character in it. They just like him because he's not white.
>>
>>89585050
But Miles is just a black Peter. Miles steals Peter's characteristics.
>>
>>89585140
>he didn't replace his main universe counterpart.

If Bendis had his way, he absolutely would.
>>
>>89589347
He doesn't fucking do anything in either of those examples. He's effectively a background character who has a few lines of dialogue to remind you he's there.

This is especially true for Hickman's Secret Wars. Where he literally does nothing, aside from walk around, until he randomly shows up and gives Owen Reese a burger he had crammed in his skin-tight spandex suit for a week. That's literally it.

What is there to even like in either of those examples? Serious question.
>>
File: 3418581-7798881485-zero-.jpg (168KB, 488x750px) Image search: [Google]
3418581-7798881485-zero-.jpg
168KB, 488x750px
>>89589585
>And can we please give him a rogues gallery

We should make HIM a rogue. Have Miles have a mental breakdown from the stress of the 616 Earth and trying to live up to the Spider-Man name, etc, and goes villain for a while, ala Parallax.
>>
>>89596618

>Most of his "fans" have never even read a comic

Neither have most of his haters
>>
>>89589589
>Is this true?

Yes. Part of Marvel's writers contracts, is that if they get a royalty check every time they show up in an issue.
>>
>>89589773
>isn't his thing personality wise being a coward and fearful

Not even remotely. He's a carbon copy of Peter in just about every way.
>>
>>89583284
Meh, I like him for the same reasons I like Peter. He's interesting and relateable and cool without being obnoxious. He's got troubles I can understand and feelings I can empathise with. Overall he provides a really nice complementary narrative to compare to Parker's
>>
>>89589945
>Youtube

So not actual comic fans? Got it.
>>
>>89594503
>I heard he is dating spider-gwen.

He isn't. That was bait from Bendis and Latour. It was a one and done kiss.
>>
>>89593111
I wonder what sort of sad person would hate a fictional character so much
>>
>>89593515
He outsells Kamala and Kamalafags swear she is popular and that people care about her
>>
>>89596853
Don't bring my brown waifu into this
>>
File: 5.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>89596781
Sure thing, Milesfag. Remind me again how many times he one shot'd enemies with his Venom Blast, please. Or how many times other characters have shown up in his book, just to tell the reader how cool they think Miles is?
>>
File: feels real.jpg (14KB, 214x250px) Image search: [Google]
feels real.jpg
14KB, 214x250px
>>89583482
Suddenly it all makes sense.
>>
>so many triggered white bois ITT

Cry some more. I'm sure Bendis will listen to you somehow
>>
>>89596618
Then who buys his comics? That hasn't left the 35k range.
>>
>>89596900
Shh, your facts will make him nervous
>>
>>89596900
>Then who buys his comics?
Shills and tumblrites.
>>
>>89596900
40k in december and his dollar rank was higher so it wasn't over shipped
>>
....it's just...man...why couldnt they resist giving him lightning zapping powers, man!

Another brother with electricity powers?
Is this a fucking joke? Does nobody who write comics even read about other black super heroes out there?
>>
>>89596900
Go to a convention, for example, all of his "fans" have no idea what the fuck is even going on in his book.

So people might be buying the issues. But they sure as fuck aren't actually reading them.
>>
>>89594401
>I like the idea that he is one of the only people that remembers his old universe. But, I heard some writers trying to write that off. Which it is pretty bullshit to me.
Bendis posted something about this on his Tumblr, saying that he "dealt with it" (AKA being one of the only survivors of 1610 + remembering everything) in the 8-month long ANAD time-skip. Which is a roundabout way of saying that no author is going to do anything with it (especially Bendis).
>>
>>89596930
Same applies for all fans at conventions tb.h
>>
>>89596922
This is bendis doing because he loves Spider-Woman
>>
>>89596900
This is actually a fairly recent development. As of the end of 2015, his book was nearing cancellation numbers. He wasn't even breaking the top 100 sold comics (and hadn't been for months). His number spiked when he got his new solo in 616 Earth and for the first like 6 issues, he sold like 100k. Then he tanked and the book dropped down to like 35k.

So people obviously dislike the character. He doesn't have many fans.
>>
>>89596964
Marvel is rich enough to not worry about numbers. They're gonna cancel their main spider-guy that easily
>>
>>89596980
>they're NOT

Goddamit
>>
>>89596980
>Marvel is rich enough to not worry about numbers.

That's what happens when you're owned by and bankrolled by Disney.

As it stands, the print department of Marvel doesn't mean shit. They're basically just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks and see who they can bring into the MCU movies after the contracts for their current actors expire.

It doesn't matter if a character sells like shit, just cancel it and try something different.
>>
>>89596932
How does one...'deal with it'?
I'm sorry, that's some existential shit you dont recover from.The whole multiverse dying, everyone you KNOW, dead. Everybody. Everything. Every thing you now know, is a COPY of the real fucking thing you knew. It's not the same, it's fucking dimensional clones. This isnt your life. This is a generated reality where you got copy'd and pasted from 'As Is', and asked to continue as if nothing happened. That thing isnt your mom. That guy is not your dad. This isnt your life. It's someone's fanfiction of your life, and you're asked to 'fucking deal with it', because you're an absolutely meaningless NOTHING in the grandscope of the multiverse with greater powers that you cant even fathom or comprehend, even if you're one of the few who witnessed it all- and worse, you KNOW.

You know this all, and are powerless to do anything about the loss of EVERYTHING you cared for.So either you're so fucking dumb you do not care, or you've embraced the existential horror, and suppressed it, and hope to forget the horrible, horrible truth.

Worse! WORSE- did it even happen?I'd ask if I'm fucking insane!I'd be like-Is this real? Was my previous life real?

Bendis should not have let him remember.
You dont just DEAL with this shit. You fucking make yourself forget, or ...you do something else to yourself.Because no one should bear this knowledge.
>>
>>89597003
>How does one...'deal with it'?

Shitty writing. That's how.

All of your points are completely valid. But Bendis will never address any of that stuff. Because that would require him to think. He can't be bothered to do that.
>>
>>89597003
>Everything. Every thing you now know, is a COPY of the real fucking thing you knew. It's not the same, it's fucking dimensional clones. This isnt your life. This is a generated reality where you got copy'd and pasted from 'As Is', and asked to continue as if nothing happened.

It would be amazing if this all led to >>89596766
>>
>>89591727
Anon, this is the first time I'm posting this. Stop sperging out like an autists.
>>
>>89593746
Yes I did
>>89588989
>>
>>89583418
>>89583466
I wouldn't have mild disgust at him for calling himself "Spider-man" in a world where Peter is fucking alive. Kid Arachinid sounds cool and describes his character better.
>>
>>89596781
I have, why do you think I hate him?
>>
>>89596853
Kamala actually has a character though and is an interesting character. Miles is neither. So why the hell does he outsell her? Logically Kamala should be doing better.
>>
>>89597053
>>89597044
I'm sorry, but this kind of story, the whole Multiverse Death, the whole DoomWorld, the whole new reality- if you TRULY experienced a cosmic death of everyone you loved and knew, and experienced this fucking -insane- rebirth, and interacted with Gods beyond comprehension, and saw power beyond reasoning, and are living in what you -know- is a new reality that was just freshly made out of nothingness, a 'fake' real world that was manufactured?

That's...that's enough to make a man want to forget. I'd be okay with Miles being driven to drink, to do drugs, to fuck hookers, to just fucking cry himself to sleep every damn meaningless day, because it's ALL MEANINGLESS! I'd be screaming at the top of my lungs at how this is all fake, this is fake, you're all dead, and nothing matters beyond this fucking moment because this shit could happen again and maybe next time that button wont turn on again!'

Miles should be a drug addict or thrill seeking, alcohol pushing man needing medical and psychological assistance. He's not a Nordic Alien God. He's not a Cosmic Wizardo. He's not a 40 year old futurist who routinely experiments on the threshold of existance and the self.

He's a Teen.
A Teen wouldnt be able to deal.
>>
>>89597153
You want my theory? Marvel agreed collectively that Miles would forget the events of Secret Wars IV just like everyone else. This vote went against Bendis, so he threw a hissy.
>>
>>89597137
maybe people don't like her or find her interesting like you do.
>>
>>89597186
Which is fair, but my question was why Miles out sells her. He has nothing to his character, he's plank of wood. He's basically the Kirito of Marvel
>>
>>89597201
Possibly people like that. Think of a hentai game where the MC has no face and few lines, allowing for the reader self insert easily.
>>
>>89597201
Nah, Miles is worse.
He's like a design by committee kind of character.

"Well, he's got to have Spider-Powers, right? Okay, and we need him to be black, because demographics!- Well, how about hispanic right? Oh, good idea!- Wait, not too hispanic- let's not get carried away with the actual hispanic culture, let's just SAY he's hispanic and focus on the black. We need something else- how about new powers? How about lightning? Yeah! It all ties together, like poetry!"

Kirito has likes and tastes. So he's a seasoned plank of wood. I dont even know Miles quirks. He changes from smart and brilliant tech wise- to dumb and silly in others- from street wise teen to young kid...

Miles is a 'Write Whatever You Want" character.
>>
File: Plank.jpg (37KB, 526x777px) Image search: [Google]
Plank.jpg
37KB, 526x777px
>>89597201
>He has nothing to his character, he's plank of wood.
>>
>>89597247
The part that really is irksome about Miles being black and Hispanic is because there are black hispanics from specific countries and cultures. Couldn't they have made him half-American black and half Puerto Rican black? Was that too hard, to give his hispanic side an actual placename and culture that he came from?
>>
>>89597280
No, because giving that hispanic side a name would meaning owning up to it. Which I dont know what hispanic side he has since both his parents are black and I cant for ONCE recall any talk about family.

Seriously, if he was Puerto Rican, they'd have to build up the Puerto Rican side of his, since it's fucking New York where he is, and that's pretty heavy cultural in New York. Dominican, Cuban, Puerto Rican, it all matters, there's all these little cultural spaces in New York.

That would be just TOO diverse, you know.
>>
>>89583340

Not really. I mean I kinda like the white eyes with red borders over a black mask, but that's it.

It angers me to no end that Bendis literally has to have characters inside the setting, including Peter himself, praising the fuck out of his costume.
>>
>>89596863

It almost feels like the robots in the last panel are supposed to be the readers, and Miles is saying "see? Spider-Man said I was great, so noy you have to be my fans!"
>>
>>89585140
You think Bendis didn't think of it? But Marvel will never let someone kill Spiderman, the merchandising of him alone makes like double the amount of money than all the other avengers combined.
>>
>>89583284
I really just like him because kid spiderman is the best spiderman to me. And he basically is just a kid version of peter parker. Which is good in a sense but gives him virtually no other standout. He's pretty bland. The only recent development is seeing that he has an urge to be punisher spiderman. Which I am all for.
I do like the costume though and wish he'd just be called kid arachnid instead cause thats cooler in the first place.
>>
>>89589642
>>89589773
He's also got Pete's bitches love spider-man thing turned up to the max and I feel like Bendis would like him to be something of a suave dude when it comes to the ladies, but can't work it out for shit possibly because he's got no relationship exp.

Miles also has always had Ganke, and Pete doesn't really have an equivalent.

Not much else besides that. Dude needs his own rogue's gallery (Kamala damn near has a better one at this point), and to expand his supporting cast. Ganke's cool, but everyone Miles knows outside of him and his family is a cape.
>>
>>89597705
He needs his own identity.
He's not Spiderman.

This isnt BATMAN INC, or ROBINS.

You're gonna end up always in the shadow of the Elder.
>>
>>89596766
>>89597003
>>89597053
You know, I'd read the shit out of that. Too bad it'll never happen. No one in Marvel would have the balls to do it.
>>
>>89596932

Can I get a link to that?
>>
Same as a lot of heroes oddly
>Have interest things going on in your life, interesting build up to play off it, mostly with his family
>Bunch of resets happen in universe that muddle them up and make them confusing
>Readers and editors don't know where he stands now
>He's just kinda there
>By the time a new writer actually tires to do something interesting with him, more resets will make it confusing again.
>>
>>89597705
Speaking of Kamala, Miles came across as a great character when he appeared in her title.

This suggests that the problem lies with the writer, Bendis, who can't write nor imagine a character with more depth and dimension than a piece of paper.
>>
>>89597415
That is basically what is happening.

Instead of "show don't tell", Bendis is taking a "tell, don't show" mentality.

Instead of doing the work and writing a good character, he think that just repeatedly telling the reader his character is amazing, will make said reader think he's amazing.

Its shit writing 101.
>>
>>89597420
>You think Bendis didn't think of it?
He did. He was originally going to kill Peter during Civil War II but Slott and the rest of Editorial told him to fuck off.

Instead, he killed War Machine.
>>
>>89597685
>I really just like him because kid spiderman is the best spiderman to me.

Then why not just read GOOD kid Spider-Man?

Go back and read the Lee/Ditko stuff or the Peter era of Ultimate Spider-Man or Marvel Adventures Spider-Man.

You have plenty of options to choose from. No reason to slum it with a shit character like Miles.
>>
>>89598037
Well, I could think of a few writers who might want to do it (Rick Remender or Zeb Wells, for example). But Bendis will never let that happen.

He needs his special snowflake OC to stay as pure as possible.
>>
Would any one really care if marvel just about him
>>
>>89598792
No. And aside from Bendis, everyone already has forgotten about Miles.

He plays virtually no presence whatsoever in any other book he shows up in. Even Champions. He's just kind of there. He tosses in a line of dialogue every once in a while to remind you he's on the team. But he offers nothing new or interesting and the book wouldn't lose anything if he suddenly disappeared.
>>
>>89588411
He behaved like an actual teen. He is moody and inconsistant in his treatment of others as fuck. He is a crybaby and a quitter. His only saving grace is his sense of responsibility- well that, and his giant fucking balls of steel.
>>
>>89598729
You're implying I haven't?
I wanna read new comics and I hardly ever get catered to so I'll take miles for what he's worth.
I don't think he's shit, I thick he's just bland and maybe too forced.
>>
>>89596839
Thank god. Everyone knows his dick belongs to Kamala
>>
>>89599474
Then read Ms Marvel. Its probably the best teen cape book in decades. Its good for the same reasons that the original Lee/Ditko run on Spidey was good, just modernized.

Focus on characters that aren't worthless shit stains.
>>
>>89598841
This. Ditko Peter Parker is the most realistic teenager I've seen portrayed in any cape comic. And to see him grow up into a responsible adult was an extra pleasure to see. That is, until they fucked it all over by turning him into a man child after OMD.
>>
>>89600975
>That is, until they fucked it all over by turning him into a man child after OMD.

We can thank Quesada and Slott for that.
>>
File: 69_20.jpg (631KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
69_20.jpg
631KB, 1000x1537px
>>89593791
Thread posts: 147
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.