[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Marvel's strategy finally biting them in the ass? Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 290
Thread images: 24

File: 1482966996086.jpg (139KB, 350x227px) Image search: [Google]
1482966996086.jpg
139KB, 350x227px
Is Marvel's strategy finally biting them in the ass? Is their new base that they have tried to woo gonna turn their back on them once and for all?

>Boycotting Marvel Comics: What Are We Willing To Risk To Make A Point?

>Marvel Comics have spent the last several years expanding their roster of costumed heroes away from the handful of white men that have dominated superhero comics since their inception. The title of Wolverine has gone to a woman, Ms Marvel is a Muslim teenager, and heroes such as Black Panther, Hellcat, and Mockingbird have been getting solo series that pushes them to the forefront of the comic world. Characters are also coming out of the closet as the world of Marvel begins to look more like the inclusive world we live in today.

>If the public were to boycott Marvel then Perlmutter could look at the comics and decide that the reason for these low sales isn’t because of anything he did but the current line up. The reason for the low sales are all these new inclusive characters so we need to cancel all of those books and return everything to the status quo. Not only have many people lost their jobs but we, as readers, have lost the opportunity to see new faces in the Marvel universe.

>The reality of the situation comes down to “what are you willing to risk to make a point?” It’s something protesters ask themselves every time they go out and risk the chance of getting arrested. As consumers, we have to ask ourselves is the risk of losing Kamala Khan, Miles Morales, or Laura Kinney worth telling Perlmutter that this will not stand.

>To hurt Ike Perlmutter we risk losing all of the progress the various creative teams at Marvel have made over the last several years. However, if we do nothing then we risk complacency and nothing changing. What are we willing to risk?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01/31/boycotting-marvel-comics-willing-risk-make-point/#comment-anchor
>>
>what are we willing to risk
I don't know, maybe they could consider that twitter organized boycotts have rarely ever changed anything and instead they should be doing actual work on a cause that matters like anticorruption or charities or food banks, etc. instead of refusing business to the half of the fucking country that didn't vote your way.

Remember how Chick-fil-a was supposed to go out of business? You're only calling attention to things by protesting them. Marvel doesn't give a shit
>>
yeah marvel's a shit company that fucked over the creators of all their stuff.
>>
>>89577410
>and heroes such as Black Panther, Hellcat, and Mockingbird
I'm a little fucking offended that she threw Panther in there desu.
>>
>>89577410
>the risk of losing Kamala Khan, Miles Morales, or Laura Kinney
AND SHE DID IT AGAIN
REEEEEEEEE
>>
Already a thread
>>
Already a thread, look in the catalog before creating a new one.
>>
>>89577410
Miles needs a character and a different super hero name.

Kamala is OK actually.

But a whole lot of things Marvel produced is either SJW garbage or nothing more but half-baked ideas.
>>
You make this thread every day im and it always boils doe to the same /pol/ shitposting.
>>
File: a8st9GB.gif (1MB, 292x323px) Image search: [Google]
a8st9GB.gif
1MB, 292x323px
>>89581426
>You make this thread every day
>Article came out yesterday
>>
File: 1437070290478.jpg (107KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1437070290478.jpg
107KB, 500x500px
>>89577410
>the world of Marvel begins to look more like the inclusive world we live in today.

>3% fags
>14% negro
>marvel comics

Yeah hang on, let me go watch more commercials with those middle class black fathers supporting their wives and children
>>
>>89577410
>is the risk of losing Miles Morales...

In this case... yes, it's worth it. Bendis' fan fiction race replacement, boring as hell and unnecessary from the start, needs to be killed off yesterday.
>>
>>89577410
>new inclusive characters
>all the characters are based one older white male characters and exclude white men by replacing them

fuck why are liberals so retarded?
>>
>>89577410
I don´t even know what that article is trying to say?

who is Perlmutter?

what did he do to piss of sjws?
>>
>>89582231
The CEO of Marvel the whinny cunts are like "The CEO of Marvel supports Trump let's boycott his company, wait this could hurt my SJW comics, so from now on just buy the SJW comics, we listed for you so the company is going to understand that they should just make that ones, also don't buy merchandise that is going hurt the bigot" they're not going to change anything because Marvel probably dosen't give a fuck about the low sales already and the merch is not going to stop selling
>>
>>89577410
>boycotting Marvel because Ike likes Trump
>not boycotting because of the social justice garbage being injected in every title
WEW
>>
>>89582553
isn´t bleeding news a "nerd culture" website

why the fuck do they talk about Trump or politics in general?

in fact people like them that have make everything about politics just make we want to support he opposing site
>>
>>89577410
>Kaitlyn
>goes out of her way to profess in her profile how much of a nerd she is
>cares more about scoring progressive points than actually giving a shit about comics; comics are just a means to impose her views onto everyone else
Le Trash Face and such.
>>
File: Internet Boycotts.jpg (80KB, 800x666px) Image search: [Google]
Internet Boycotts.jpg
80KB, 800x666px
This is it guys, we're gonna vote with our wallets! Marvel won't be getting any of our money right?

I mean except for these comics. Yeah, can't give up these. And maybe these few. That way they only get our dollars on the RIGHT comics!

That'll show em!
>>
>>89582769
>implying comics sales are taking because of sjw boycotts and not because most comics nowadays are sjw trash that no normal person wants to read
>>
>>89581376
Miles has been around too long with no results. We're better off getting rid of them.
>>
>implying majority of SJWs actually even buy comics

Personally I couldn't care less about any characters listed. As long as Marvel gets its shit together and starts making decent comics again, I don't care who gets pulled to make that happen.
>>
>>89582817
My point was entirely dedicated to pointing out boycotts where you still buy from the fucking company never work
>>
>The reason for the low sales are all these new inclusive characters so we need to cancel all of those books and return everything to the status quo.

aaaand Perlmutter would be right for assuming this
>>
>>89577410

Nothing of value would be lost

Nu Marvel is shit
>>
>>89581376
Nova is good
Falcon Cap is decent
Cho-Hulk is meh

So...I mean it's just Miles, Whor, and RihRih, which is pretty reasonable shit. RihRih can still grow, so you have Miles and Whor left. 2 outta all those are really irredeemable bullshit...
>>
>>89583094
Miles is gone it is.
>>
>>89583000
>The reason for the low sales are all these new inclusive characters so we need to cancel all of those books and return everything to the status quo.

SJWs save comics.
>>
>>89583094
Didn't RihRih first issue sell like a shit and now it's droping really hard?
>>
>>89577410
>As consumers, we have to ask ourselves is the risk of losing Kamala Khan, Miles Morales, or Laura Kinney worth telling Perlmutter that this will not stand.

Yes, it absolutely is worth the risk.

I never gave a fuck about characters like Riri or Hellcat in the first place, why the hell would care about potentially losing them in the face of potentially having Marvel comics not be agenda-driven horseshit?
>>
>>89583179
I meant as a character. There's still a chance to give her some good stories and win over fags.
>>
>>89583223
>I never gave a fuck about characters like Riri or Hellcat in the first place

But this isn't about you exclusively. Because you don't prefer the characters. I don't give a shit about Nova(Richard Rider) but recognize he has a fanbase.
>>
>>89583270

I don't give a fuck about what other people prefer any more than I give a fuck about Riri.
>>
File: stans soap box.jpg (260KB, 667x1200px) Image search: [Google]
stans soap box.jpg
260KB, 667x1200px
>>89583223
>having Marvel comics not be agenda-driven horseshit?

....Marvel comics have always been agenda driven horseshit. There's no company on the face of this Earth that doesn't have an agenda.

You're not a comic fan if you think this is the first generation that complained about the stories being to lefty.
>>
File: Consume.png (481KB, 640x1324px) Image search: [Google]
Consume.png
481KB, 640x1324px
B-But the merchandising!
>>
>>89583228
I don't trust Bendis anymore anon, i know is a meme, but after her second bullshit issue of she's so intelligent or her appereance in toher books with people calling her their favorite super hero after month i just can't
>>
File: politics-01.png (536KB, 474x450px) Image search: [Google]
politics-01.png
536KB, 474x450px
>>89583309
>>
>>89583327
But she's not getting the dyke hair in the movie and from what i hear the movie is going try to make her completly different from her curretn comic counterpart
>>
File: 1483743989588.jpg (83KB, 720x699px) Image search: [Google]
1483743989588.jpg
83KB, 720x699px
>>89583327
>Tfw you agree with this image and basically say the samething about Black Panther.
>>
>>89583385
?
>>
File: 95048523045.png (707KB, 674x635px) Image search: [Google]
95048523045.png
707KB, 674x635px
>>89583385
You implying Marvel hasn't had an agenda since the 60's?
>>
>>89583309
>Tfw there were Marvel writers in the 70s who tried to pass the blame of militant blacks onto white villains manipulating them
>>
>>89583327
>cutest fandom in the world

Carol has a fandom? lmao
>>
File: CfgAsnDXIAED1Ue.jpg (72KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CfgAsnDXIAED1Ue.jpg
72KB, 600x800px
>>89583511
Of course she does! Just look at these qts!

>captcha is "masculina"

Fitting
>>
>Including Laura in the list of things we'd lose.

It's like they think she's a brand new character thought up for the 2010's crowd and not long since established as Logan's surrogate daughter.

Laura taking over as Wolverine is no different than Dick taking over as Batman or Mayday for Peter. Nobody outside of faggots get mad about characters taking up their parent's mantle.

All the other shit can go, though.
>>
>The reality of the situation is that Perlmutter likely cares about toys and merchandise a lot more than the comic side of the business. If you must boycott Marvel then boycott the merchandise.

Who the fuck buys merchandise in the first place
>>
>>89583549
All these people look absolutely terrible to be around. Especially the lady with the green hair.
>>
>>89581426
It's a new article, anon.
>>
>>89583612
They're essentially the new neckbeards.
>>
>>89583603
>Who the fuck buys merchandise in the first place

>>/toy/
>>
>>89583000
CC; Correct and Checked.
>>
>>89583661
What if we rounded up all neckbeards and all legbeards and forced them to bread with one another? They'd fuck away all their hatred and grow up, seems like a good solution to me.
>>
>>89583511
Of course, don't you read Marvel. She's the most popular superherp around... For some reason.
>>
>>89583309
Remember that Joe Simon and Jack Kirby got death treats when Captain America first came out.

The problem with current Marvel - in my opinion - is that they aren't left enough.

All their "diversity" push is bullshit pandering. Ike is a fucking Trump supporter, Captain America is currently a fucking Hydra agent. At the moment Cap should be punching Nazis. That shit would sell like gangbusters.

But no. Instead it's bullshit tokenism to appease an SJW crowd which doesn't buy their comics instead of showing their readers who do buy their comics why no one regardless of race or gender that you have to fight back against bullies and fascists.

Get you shit together Marvel!

... oh wait your owned by the Mouse, the founded of which was an actual Nazi party supporter.
>>
>>89577410
Marvel strikes me as a company run by people who don't read comics. Whatever good characters they make in their push for diversity get shoe-horned into everything because they don't realize that people like good characters, regardless of their ethnicity. Because they are shoe-horned into everything, they can never be consistently written and then cease to be good characters and cease to sell, at which Marvel just scratches their heads, blames the readers for the problem, and moves on to the next reboot/shitty event in order to draw in another crowd.
It's happening right now with Kamala and I'm scared
>>
I've been boycotting Marvel since One More Day, the only exception being those AU renew your vows comics.

Continuing to do so now shouldn't be a problem.
>>
File: Poochie_Large8.png (267KB, 550x570px) Image search: [Google]
Poochie_Large8.png
267KB, 550x570px
>>89583763
She's totes cool. YAS SLAY.
>>
>>89583777
Le Disney was a Nazi xD meme
>>
>>89583549
Is that Dan Didio?
>>
>>89583894
Yes. He's the cutest of the bunch, obviously.
>>
>>89583777
>All their "diversity" push is bullshit pandering
Well again, we're talking about a company that is infamously known for pandering. When they made Luke Cage they were pandering. When they made Iron Fist they were pandering. When they retconned the X-men narrative they were pandering. It's common throughout their publication history to pander to a certain group.

>At the moment Cap should be punching Nazis. That shit would sell like gangbusters.

But the thing is, Cap has already punched Nazis. Spiderman has already defeated Doc Oc. Hulk has already gone to war with everyone. I'm not saying that's "stale" or anything, me personally I can read stories like this for years, however understand marvel is within their rights for wanting to switch the stories up and their creators are within their rights to push their creative boundaries. However YOU ARE within your rights to hate their stories.

>But no. Instead it's bullshit tokenism to appease an SJW crowd

And they're not wrong for wanting to do this. Marvel isn't wrong for wanting to branch out and pull in new consumers. Of course it didn't work, but how would they know this if they didn't try. Because looking at history, it worked before. Marvel is still a business at the end of the day, and want new consumers. That's how they survived for generations.
>>
o i b laffin

Radical leftists have been using boycotts as political cudgels for so long that they've forgotten their purpose. You boycott a company because it provides poor goods or services, not because one guy who works there subscribes to a particular belief. Its not nearly as precise as their other favorite weapon, targeted harassment and shaming, and its hilarious to watch them struggle with the idea that they can't destroy someone else's livelihood without jeopardizing their precious pet propaganda projects.

>If the public were to boycott Marvel then Perlmutter could look at the comics and decide that the reason for these low sales isn’t because of anything he did but the current line up. The reason for the low sales are all these new inclusive characters so we need to cancel all of those books and return everything to the status quo

Hopefully he doesn't need a boycott to help him decide that.
>>
>>89583785
>Marvel strikes me as a company run by people who don't read comics

I don't believe this one bit. I actually do think all the creators, yes even Bendis, love to read comics. I honestly just think they're misguided and don't understand their fanbase.

>Whatever good characters they make in their push for diversity get shoe-horned into everything because they don't realize that people like good characters

Theren's no doubt in my mind they don't think the characters they create aren't good. They believe their characters are treasures to the comic industry. Also, they've always pushed certain characters in other's comics. They use to do the same shit way back when, where they introduce a new hero in various comics and continue to push and make crossovers.

>in order to draw in another crowd.

Nothing wrong with that. There is something wrong with them not listening to their consumers, but nothing wrong with wanting to draw in a new crowd.
>>
>Some guy you hate owns Marvel
>but he doesn't bother forcing his opinions and political views into those comics
>but they want to boycott them anyway
I don't understand. Why don't they want to give Ike money when Ike is giving them exactly what they want?
>>
>>89584207
It feels like the right thing to do.
>>
>>89584207
Well there will always be the people who don't agree. As long as it's not a huge number of people on this ship, i nothing will really come of it.

It's safe to assume there are some SJWs not on board with the boycott.
>>
>>89583000
Praised
>>
>>89582657
Same reason that /co/ a board about comics and cartoons talk about Trump or politics in general, people just can't shut up about it.
>>
File: nNUvsIA.jpg (320KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
nNUvsIA.jpg
320KB, 900x1366px
>>89584207
Just let them do it without questioning it, perhaps then Marvel won't pander so hard to them anymore.
>>
>>89577410
>>The reason for the low sales are all these new inclusive characters so we need to cancel all of those books and return everything to the status quo.

B-but that's exactly correct

That's literally what is happening right now, and the ultimate fate of forcing 'diversity' on the comics buying public
>>
>>89582148

What i dont get is how SJWs see this as a victory

Putting minorities or females or trans etc under the mask of a known hero is like telling em that their specific group is shit that nobody would read if they go on a Original/new character.

its not inclusive, its more like a hand-me-down situation
>>
>>89584359
>the ultimate fate of forcing 'diversity' on the comics buying public

>Forcing diversity

I'm fairly sure they own all the characters they market and that they implemented the new characters of their own accord. It's not forcing if they wanted to do this. Forcing would be them doing it despite not wanting to. They're also not "forcing" it on you seeing how you can choose to easily not buy the comics they do it in. Ultimately meaning you have your own will in the say so. Meaning nothing is being forced on you.
>>
>>89584286
/pol/lacks?
>>
I don't understand what the Boycott is protesting, a rumored move back to the status quo? if they want more diverse books fucking buy the ones that already exists and are bleeding readers every Wednesday. Marvel has the right to print what they want.

The problem with Marvel isn't their character line up or political leanings. the problem with Marvel is simply the books have awful writing, awful art and are vastly overpriced for the quality of book you receive. You put DC's $4.99 Harley's Little Black Book (a garbage comic, I know) against anything Marvel prints at the same or higher price and the difference is night and day.

Marvel could also look in to tightening up continuity and more inter-book X-Overs as incentive for readers to follow more books but I got the feeling the writer of that article prefers their books to be self contained.
>>
>>89577410
>Marvel begins to look more like the inclusive world we live in today.

Because THAT is what I'm reading Superhero comics for, right? Their reflection of the 'real' world.
>>
>>89584431
With their myopic viewn things they consider it a victory because they're sticking it to toxic cis straight white mascupatricarchal nerds.
>>
>>89584359
Eh, not really. Cape comics are sinking in general, with or without the diversity. It's why they tried it in the first place, a desperate move to tap into a new market because the usual nerds just aren't very lucrative anymore. Comics haven't been selling well since the early nineties.
>>
>>89582657

This is one of the (many) reasons the sjw stuff is so annoying - it seems like every 3rd item on comics/genre-related stuff is about race/sex/gender politics. It's sooooo boring.
>>
>>89584564
Well, to be honest, most people relate more to characters that encounter real world issues. This was one of the biggest drives for comics in the 60s. They had some sort of therapeutic factors about them.

That's one of the reasons Spider-man was so well received.
>>
>>89584564
See
>>89583309
>>
>>89577410
My problem isn't the inclusivity, but the forcing of it. I'm tired of them turning traditional characters into different races or gay or powerful wymin. It's not creative, it's obvious forced propaganda, that's why their sales are going down.
>>
>>89583309

Well my knowledge of 70s Marvel is mostly from Claremont X-Men, and I don't really remember Storm particularly blaming Magneto or the Hellfire Club's villainy on them being white men.
>>
>>89584799
But you can recall that the Mutant struggle had striking resemblance to the Civil Rights movement of the time.

As well as Luke Cage commenting on social politics at that time and making pretty intense points.

There's also various comics with black people showing up basically saying "You save them, but will you also save us?" and yada yada.
>>
>>89584687
The issue is that they've been trying too hard with the real world problems. Spidey got popular because he was relatable to just about everybody. His issues involved things such as school bullies, needing money, or getting laid. The new guys's RL problems are very much minority problems, and as such appeal to a minor demographic (and white people trying to look good in front of said minor demographic).
>>
>>89584799
because they're also mutants stupid.

Go back read Days of Future Past and God Loves Man Kills before you make such an asinine statement.
>>
File: trump deport.png (609KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
trump deport.png
609KB, 1000x1200px
I like how the author is saying consumers are punishing Perlmutter because of Trump and not because the new characters/stories are utter shit.
>>
>>89584048
Are you honestly telling me Cap shouldn't be fighting Nazis?

That's like saying Batman shouldn't be fighting the Joker.

In this environment Cap selling Nazis would sell. Because. Cap fighting Nazis is the whole fucking point of Captain America. And this is from someone who likes Spencer's Hydra Cap. I just think Cap punching Nazis would put Marvel back on the right track.
>>
>>89577410
This picture makes me so depressed.

Hey, guys. Remember Earth X? That was an awesome book. How about Marvels? Remember when it was okay to be a straight white man in the Marvel Universe? Because, honestly, I almost don't anymore. Riri was what killed it for me. I could overlook the Moon Girls and the Miss Marvels and even the Squirrel Girl/Hellcat art abortions and find at least something to enjoy. But fucking Riri... something about that fucking 16 year old's five foot wide afro shoved into Tony Stark's helmet fucking killed it for me. I haven't read a Marvel comic since, and, frankly, I don't think I ever will.
>>
>>89584738

But everyone knows the 'public' in Marvel comics are complete reactionary dimwits. You can't take any social/political commentary seriously when it relies on portraying the man on the street this way. Not if you're over 10 years old.
>>
>>89577410
Why aren't there new black villains?
Why is the new evil Venom white?
Why isn't there an all new, all different Kingpin?
Why is it okay to BLACK'd the heroes but not the bad guys?
Why are you so fucking one-sided with your diversifying, Marvel?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Why is Carnage still a redneck cracker?
Why is Absorbing Man still an uneducated white thug?
Why is every gang of criminals that pops up in any street level hero's comic at least 75% white?
Why is it okay to hate white men?
Why?
Why?
Why?
>>
>>89585036

Unbunch your panties, dude.

This guy: >>89584950
gets it.
>>
>>89577410
Honestly, I don't think there's been a new DIVERSE hero introduced in the last year where there also hasn't been at least a dozen "THIS COMIC FAILED DUE TO RACIST WHITE MEN" articles prepped alongside it.

Case in point: you just fucking KNOW that new shitty Wasp comic has scads of those sort of think pieces ready to go the second sales fail. I can honestly feel the word processors revving up to do pretty much the same for Mosaic at this very moment.
>>
>>89585130
Huwites are the in real life devil so it would make sense for them to be so in comics too.
>>
>>89584950
>The issue is that they've been trying too hard with the real world problems. Spidey got popular because he was relatable to just about everybody.

Yes, but there were other characters who's real world problems were also very specific. Daredevil being blind, Mutants being oppressed, Luke Cage being framed, and Punisher losing his entire family are all very specific real world problems that may only be relatable to certain people. However do to you being human and having empathy, you're able to enjoy these stories without fully relating to them. However the point is marvel has been touching on real world issues.

>The new guys's RL problems are very much minority problems

Not to say you're wrong, but i'm wondering which ones you're talking about? Most of the minority heroes have rarely dealt with real world issues EXCLUSIVE to minorities. This doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Even still, like said before, you having empathy means you don't necessarily have to relate to the new characters to appreciate them.

>and as such appeal to a minor demographic
I don't understand the issue with this. They've been trying to appeal to minority demographics. Luke Cage did fairly well despite trying to appeal to a specific demographic.
>>
>>89585226
I remember them using this tactic when Mockingbird failed and the writer cried harassment over twitter critique.
>>
>>89583327

>People might even wear sexy versions of it!

Oh you mean like Carol's original costume which was done away with because it was too sexy for you? Oh and I bet their not excited to see the original Captain Mar-Vel which they probably have no clue existed.

>>89583511

It's a fandom of girls who want to like Marvel so they just pick the current most prevalent female and project positive qualities onto them because they don't actually read comics.
>>
How can an SJW boycott change anything when they don't pay for shit anyways
>>
>>89582148
I wouldn't mind their latest slew of gay/black/women characters, if they actually bothered to write good characters.

Slapping a pair of tits on Thor, Wolverene, and Iron Man do not make them "new diverse characters that are good".
>>
>>89585254

In the general sense of the overall stories you're probably, mostly, right. But it's the addition of things like 'unsolicited opinions about Israel', or whatever that quote was, and Mockingbird wearing an 'Ask me about my feminist agenda' t-shirt on the cover.
Marvel COULD have had a prominent pregnant superheroine title at any time, but they haven't before now.
>>
>>89585254
I wasn't trying to make a case about Marvel in general, just talking about why no other hero managed to rise to Spidey's level of popularity on being relatable alone. He has an universal appeal that no other has ever achieved.
The X-Men actually have a similar deal through their vague, nondescript approach to discrimination: they can easily stand in for any and every oppressed group depending on the story, which lets them appeal to a lot more people than if they were just, for instance, muslims.
>>
>>89585130
>Why aren't there new black villains?
I can't answer that, but I can say heroes have been fighting heroes forever now. They don't need villains when you can fight a hero to the same effect.

>Why is the new evil Venom white?
Because Venom has only attached itself to whites so far.

>Why is it okay to BLACK'd the heroes but not the bad guys?

Because villains are seldom the reason you buy comics. The idea is, create more heores of all creeds to increase the amount of minority protagonist.

>Why are you so fucking one-sided with your diversifying, Marvel?

Because no one really complains about not enough minority villains.

>Why is Carnage still a redneck cracker?

Now you're projecting.

>Why is Absorbing Man still an uneducated white thug?

There's also still black thug criminals too. Barracuda is one of them.

>Why is every gang of criminals that pops up in any street level hero's comic at least 75% white?

Yea in comics they are. Because why not?

>Why is it okay to hate white men?

Who's hating white men? They didn't make those characters villains because they were white, if you talking about Marvel villains, all the top villains are well educated white men, this also goes for the heroes.

I get what you were going for, but this comes off reverse-sjw tier. The way SJWs complain "They did this because they were black." is the same thing you're doing but "because they were white." When Marvel hasn't stated they did this because white men are evil.

Thing is, if you disagree with SJWs doing it, don't go doing the same thing, it doesn't make you look any better.
>>
>>89585254

Daredevil's never really been about his blindness making him oppressed, though, has it? It's just something that makes the character stand out. And Punisher has a typical motivating tragedy, same as Batman's parents, or uncle Ben, or Krypton. Modern Marvel would have a character whose unarmed father was shot by police.
>>
>>89585456
The can make it appear as a massive deal online, which is their go to method.
>>
>>89585525
>Muslims
>"oppressed group"
lol
>>
>>89577410
>He still thinks the big 2 cares about comics
>>
>>89585130
>Why aren't there new black villains?

Yes there are, the Punisher has one.
>>
>>89585609
Daredevil had to overcome certain challenges because of his blindness. They made this a very clear plot point early on. Of course he wasn't oppressed, but the whole point of that was to emphasize how certain characters are well beloved despite you not being able to relate to themfully.

>And Punisher has a typical motivating tragedy, same as Batman's parents, or uncle Ben, or Krypton

That doesn't stop it from being less relatable. The average American can't say their family was gunned down by a crime family.

>Modern Marvel would have a character whose unarmed father was shot by police.

What's the issue here? The character will still live in a fictional universe where a humanoid horse wields a magical hammer. Someone having a father that died at the hands of a police officer wouldn't be too far-fetched.
>>
>>89585637
Even in the west those people aren't oppressed, but they damn sure can play the victim. It's the second largest religion with 1.6 billion followers and control entire countries where even the most conservative western christian would be labeled as a hippie.
>>
>>89585637
That was the point I was trying to make.
A story about a generic unspecified minority being oppressed is a story about underdogs, with a message about tolerance. That's universal.
A story about a real, specific minority being oppressed is politics. And politics are divisive.
>>
File: grasping.jpg (74KB, 490x359px) Image search: [Google]
grasping.jpg
74KB, 490x359px
>>89577410
this article is unreadable bullshit

>argue that monopoly is unfair to stores
>doesn't realize that people might spend money on comics other than the big 2, which is totally fine

mainstream trash

>all the progress the various creative teams at Marvel have made

>Bendis
>muh goddam civil war

she should punch herself
>>
>>89582148
because they want fairness and justice in a capitalist system. it will never happen and they're too cowardly to take a step or two to the left
>>
>>89585812
>A story about a real, specific minority being oppressed is politics. And politics are divisive.

Not really. Like someone stated earlier, if a character was oppressed in a comic, this isn't the comic telling you you're a horrible person. The comic is just emphasizing horrible people exist. If you get offended by it, it's truly something personal dealing with you and not the group the oppressor belongs to as a whole .

Meaning you shouldn't let that comic get to you since it's one narrative of thousands out there. With that specific narrative, that character just happens to be oppress.

Again there is nothing wrong with them approaching politics(As they've continually done so throughout history), because politics is a big part of everyone's life. One of the rights you have as a consumer is to put the book down and never pick it up again because you don't agree with the politics.
>>
>>89586021
Fairness and justice are very subjective terms.
>>
>>89583777
this

people refuse to understand that liberals are not leftists
>>
>>89585581
>Barracuda is one of them.

'Cuda is actually intelligent and well-educated with extensive military training, he just talks crudely.
>>
>>89583744
Anon, i dont think that their problems or behaviour is based on social aspects.
So they might validate their behaviour or even produce Necklegbeards. Or they produce a neckbeard Cable. Or a Legbeard Doosmday
>>
>>89584603
and they haven't been selling well since the early nineties because the big two publishers decided they would simply print as many comics per month as fucking possible which inflated the worth of comics in general. that's what happens when something good is used for no other purpose than the sake of profit. it destroyed the collector's aspect of the industry. now singles are sold in dollar bins that few if any want.
>>
>>89585130
you just described the liberal agenda.

identity politics divides people along lines of alienated labor in a capitalist system. this fosters infighting of the lower classes so the rich can continue to rule us
>>
>>89584797
this

chronicles of gimmick
>>
File: Why would a kid want this.jpg (2MB, 1296x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Why would a kid want this.jpg
2MB, 1296x2304px
>>89583327
Carol can't even sell without Mar-Vell.
>>
Marvel's pandering to the special snowflakes has lead those who actually read the comic books to no longer care for them. I was a HUGE fan of Captain America, not so long ago, but when they made the Tea Party the villain, and made The Red Falcon (I refuse to simply call him Falcon) a social justice normie, I stopped reading them. Meanwhile, DC has gone the opposite route, caring for story over politics, and I've begun to really like them. The Social Justice crowd being pandered to by Marvel doesn't read comics, so why bother pandering?
>>
>>89586073
for you
>>
>>89586291
And the rise of video games.
The nineties was the big start of video games franchise and all their license stuff.
>>
>>89583327
>>89586368
Meanwhile at DC.

https://youtu.be/bZ-p85qdtQI
>>
>>89586410
>I was a HUGE fan of Captain America, not so long ago, but when they made the Tea Party the villain, and made The Red Falcon (I refuse to simply call him Falcon) a social justice normie

Decades ago they actually made the Nixon administration the antagonist in Captain America's story. Every now and again they dip into politics and antagonize a certain group. I don't know why you're just now noticing.

>DC has gone the opposite route, caring for story over politics

Good for them, but it doesn't take shit away from Marvel that they approach politics. You can hate the way their approaching it and you can hate the results, but at the end of the day politics play a large part in the MU. Always has.

>The Social Justice crowd being pandered to by Marvel doesn't read comics, so why bother pandering?

The intent was not to draw away the consumers already reading, they didn't count on the readers being salty about changes in the MU. They wanted to pull in a new audience to further boost sales. That's why they pandered to them. You honestly think they'd do it just to do it? They do it to expand. It just didn't work out how they thought it would. Considering Marvel's history of pandering, it is understandable why they might try though.
>>
File: powergirl.jpg (118KB, 1023x868px) Image search: [Google]
powergirl.jpg
118KB, 1023x868px
>>89586703
>yaaaay let's have a redhead eco terrorist!!
>yaaaay let's have harley quinn who was beaten all the time by joker!
>no powergirl because cleavage is for our "other" fans!
>yaaaay
>>
>>89586703
Why is harley and wondy so short? is this discrimination of midgets or shortstacks?
>>
>>89585226
>the same for Mosaic at this very moment
Mosaic hasn't died yet? Impressive
>>
>>89586792
Is on lifesupport aka extry copies as "gifts" to comicshops.
>>
>>89585976
scuse me

>argue that boycott is unfair

is what i meant to say
>>
>>89586773

Basically you're saying Marvel are not evil SJWs trying their damn hardest to have evryone in the world hate them, but instead are a bunch of fuck ups who lost their touch at making stuff that draws readers in? Because that is pretty much what most people are aaying.
>>
>>89586780
I get what you're saying, but what would be the point of having 2 females in the Superman position? They could easily redesign her character (See Nu52). That'd be like having Huntress when they already have Batgirl.
>>
>>89586863
>Basically you're saying Marvel are not evil SJWs trying their damn hardest to have evryone in the world hate them

Exactly. Because they actually believe they're right.

>but instead are a bunch of fuck ups who lost their touch at making stuff that draws readers in?

Nope.

Basically i'm saying Marvel is a business looking to draw in new readers via a different marketing strategy. Before any of this happened, comic sales were already dying out, which ignited the shift in the first place. Marvel began wanting to bring in a new era of comic reader. It failed horribly but this was their intent.

Also, I don't think people fully grasp the concept of them doing it for business. Most people here will tell you they do it just because they're SJWs, as if that alone merits them to be wrong for doing so. Seldom do people here argue they're just fuck ups.
>>
>>89586927
>2 females in the superman position

you're right. there are little hierarchies in female cliques too, despite the "girls stick together" shpiel

it's just that they're cherry picking. and the only way they're going to have poison ivy is to avoid talking about protecting the environment. unless they revamp her so she talks about global warming or something. in that sense, poison ivy has the potential to be a hero. but i doubt dc would go that route because it's political. they're doing a school setting like the x-men but no one's oppressed. i wonder how it compares to monster high or other shows

might as well have darkseid and doomsday as substitute teachers. what the fuck ever.
>>
>>89586927
>not having Huntress as the hypercompetitive and aggressive jockette
>>
>>89581426

If it was /pol/ shitposting it would be about how much minority characters are awesome and /co/ is totally BTFO by their existence.

Or just

>/co/ BTFO!
>>
>>89586703
where's the question?

oh wait. dc wouldn't want to get political, or have any detective characters seem like conspiracy theorists i guess
>>
>>89586251
>or even produce Necklegbeards.

Jesus Christ, how horrifying.
>>
>>89587009
>i wonder how it compares to monster high

It shoots for the exact same demographic and audience.
>>
>>89586773
>they didn't count on the readers being salty about changes in the MU.

Bull fucking shit they didn't. "Angry fans are better than apathetic ones".
>>
>>89586792
I actually like Mosaic. Sure, they have the cringy dialogue here and there, but he's a basketball american, so I can forgive it.
>>
>>89586780
FUCK YOU, LAYMAN.
>>
>>89584467

Yes they are forcing these comics on us. Why do you think they didn't create anything new and only relied on popular mantles? They're hoping the same people who bought Logan Wolverine comics will buy Laura Wolverine comics because, hey close enough

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Marvel needs to make like Milestone Comics and come up with NEW characters
>>
>>89587163
A phrase that was adopted only years after they pissed off millions of fans. Time after time this generated attention which they began to realize.
>>
>>89584523
>vastly overpriced for the quality of book you receive

The quality of the actual book is better tho. Better paper, better ink. I have to lay DC comics on a table to read them or the ink will be smudged and my hands stained
>>
>>89587321
i don't get it. as in filthy casual or the dc writer?
>>
File: DCSHG Gorilla Grodd.jpg (95KB, 600x386px) Image search: [Google]
DCSHG Gorilla Grodd.jpg
95KB, 600x386px
>>89587009
>might as well have darkseid and doomsday as substitute teachers. what the fuck ever

You get Gorilla Grodd is a vice principle instead.
>>
>>89585581
>There's also still black thug criminals too. Barracuda is one of them.

When's the last time he appeared in a comic?

>>89585759

The Punisher is pretty much the only book that hasn't been SJW'd. But even then, a woman is writing it and the annual was about evil white racists killing a poor, hard working, honest muslim cop's dad. Very subtle stuff
>>
>>89587350
>Yes they are forcing these comics on us.
No. They're simply pushing the comics they want to push. This is how comics works. They introduce new characters and then push out their solo stories. This was done before any of the new heroes.

>Why do you think they didn't create anything new and only relied on popular mantles?

Because they would help them sale. They viewed it as the best of both worlds. Not only do we get a new character and a new story, but also our favorite heroes vouch for said new characters. In their mind that caters both to hardcore fans and also pulls in new readers.

>They're hoping the same people who bought Logan Wolverine comics will buy Laura Wolverine comics because, hey close enough

Yes. They wanted Wolverine fans to read and pick up a new Wolverine with fresh content. I don't understand the issue here. Of course they wanted the Wolverine fanbase for Laura.

>I've said it before and I'll say it again, Marvel needs to make like Milestone Comics and come up with NEW characters

Miles, Ms Marvel, Rihrih and Gwenpool are new characters. Just legacies.
>>
>>89587547
>muslim cop

Such a thing exists?
>>
>>89587547
>When's the last time he appeared in a comic?
in 2012. Still doesn't ignore the fact he exists.
>>
>>89587547
If you're arguing on the premise of black villains, I refer you to Man-Ape, Bishop(Technically a villain), and Achebe. There's a lot more but i'm on my phone.
>>
>>89587610
'Cuda doesn't exist in 616 Marvel, just MAX and Noir.
>>
>>89583603
>Who the fuck buys merchandise in the first place

That shit sells better than their comics. So a lot of people.
>>
>>89587708
But he still exists and is prominent in Marvel comics.
>>
>>89587578
>Yes. They wanted Wolverine fans to read and pick up a new Wolverine with fresh conten

I'm not even a Wolverine fan it was just an example but most people like Wolverine because it's Logan. This other girl isn't really Wolverine. She just has the same name and some claws, she's an imitation really. I don't think there's ever been a "passing of the mantle" I've ever liked. Maybe that's just me but imo I find it lazy and uninspired

>>89587610

Yeah this was before ANAD
>>
>>89577410
>If the public were to boycott Marvel then Perlmutter could look at the comics and decide that the reason for these low sales isn’t because of anything he did but the current line up.

I had to re read this multiple times because I thought they were trying to talk about the current shit sales. Is she not aware that Marvel sales are tanking or something and that it is largely (but not solely) because of the diversity push?
>>
>>89587668
>Man-Ape, Bishop(Technically a villain), and Achebe

Bunch of literally who's. Like the other guy said, why not a mentally unstable black patient bonding with the Carnage symbiote? I'm sure black readers would love a black dude to bond with the symbiote
>>
>>89583894
>>89583924
What the fuck is he doing there?
>>
>>89583785
It seems like a lot of the writers are Marvel think "This character checks all these things off on the diversity list, so they're good" regardless of writing. But really all they care about is making "new" characters that they get a check from every time someone else uses them in a story. Them marking things off a diversity check list is just for bonus brownie points and, they at least hope, will make them look good for being "progressive" when people look back on them decades later.
>>
>>89587816
Its that facebook group of female LCS employees. Valkyries or whatever they're called.
>>
>>89587515
Oh for fucks sake!
>>
>>89585130
Read Power Man/Iron Fist and Black Panther and stop strawmanning shit you know nothing about..
>>
>>89587009
>they're doing a school setting like the x-men but no one's oppressed.

It's a show for little girls, anon. It just has to be cute crap. I don't get why it triggers /co/ so much
>>
>>89587759
>I'm not even a Wolverine fan it was just an example but most people like Wolverine because it's Logan.

Which is fair enough, they don't have to like Laura, but she's the new Wolverine and she's existed pretty much before this argument even began.

>This other girl isn't really Wolverine.

Now she isn't, she's a different take on Wolverine. A new Wolverine he took on his legacy after he died. Just like there have been more than one Ghost Rider, Spider-man(On MULTIPLE occasions), Captain America, Black Panther, Antman, Ironman, and Captain Marvel. Heroes usually die for a brief period only to return back to their role. This isn't the first time this has been done and it won't be the last.

To put it quite simple: Heroes come and go and have been replaced time and time again, this is no different. Laura is one of many takes on the Wolverine mantle.

>She just has the same name and some claws, she's an imitation really.

Yes, X-23 is INDEED an imitation. When they first introduced her that's what it was all about you're not stating anything new. She was created as an imitation Wolverine. She only now took up the name, but given it was set up, for years, that her and Logan have a history, it's only right she be the one to take the Wolverine persona.

>I don't think there's ever been a "passing of the mantle" I've ever liked. Maybe that's just me but imo I find it lazy and uninspired

That's personal preference though. While you can say this, there's other who indeed love legacy characters.
>>
>>89587815
>Bunch of literally who's.
Well they're B-list black villains who are assholes.

>why not a mentally unstable black patient bonding with the Carnage symbiote?

I'm sure Marvel will be open to that idea, but that's a very specific "why not". I'm sure they haven't even thought about that but if they did they'd do it all the same.
>>
>>89585769
>The average American can't say their family was gunned down by a crime family.

True. Criminals usually don't fuck with people that are armed.
>>
>>89588002

I enjoyed this little back and forth with you tbqh. No shit slinging or name calling for once. It was fun but let's just agree to disagree I guess

>>89588062
>but that's a very specific "why not"
Because Carnage is probably one of the biggest pieces of shit in the Marvel universe. I just don't think they're comfortable with making a black character such a piece of shit, even in the name of diversity. Or at least, they sure haven't proven me wrong yet
>>
>>89583744
>legbeards
>allowing any penis not belonging to their 11/10 flavor of the month twink actor anywhere near them
>>
>>89588002
Fuck outta here people love X-23
>>
>>89587930
>With a story in hand, Mattel turned to its research arm to figure out what girls really wanted from a superhero. The researchers quickly discovered some big gender differences. Boys are totally fine with killing off the villains; girls wanted the bad guys to be redeemed and turned into friends. Girls also desired different superpowers, including the ability to talk to animals, hear whispers, and force people to tell the truth.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-10-07/mattel-seeking-a-new-superpower-gets-women-to-design-action-figures-for-girls

Blame little girls for not being edgy, I guess.
>>
>>89584467
Even if I own both the round peg and the square hole, putting them together is going to require some force.

It's not that Marvel is being forced to do diversity, its that they're halfassing it in incredibly transparent, cheap, and exploitative ways, "forcing" the characters to work, even when they're not. Even when the market says no. Look at how many times Carol's been cancelled and rebooted. Like five times in as many years? That's not how it should be.
>>
>>89587815
>why not a mentally unstable black patient bonding with the Carnage symbiote? I'm sure black readers would love a black dude to bond with the symbiote

Hybrid. But he was killed by a white man who seems like he's going to be coming back as a Villain here soon. Unless they do a bait and switch.
>>
>>89588322
>hear whispers, and force people to tell the truth.

So little girls don't give a shit about privacy?
>>
>>89588417
You find that a surprise?
>>
>>89588417
they know what real power is
>>
>>89586021
>it's an unironic Marxist episode
>>
>>89588322
>>89588417
>force people to tell the truth

That's an awesome power. None of your Shit Girl, who is sick and tired of dealing with your shit.
>>
>>89587547
>But even then, a woman is writing it

Why is that a problem? Next are you going to tell be DC is pandering to the SJW crowd because Priest is writing Deathstroke?

I don't give a fuck who writes my comics. The second best Daredevil run was by a woman. I do give a fuck if the writer/artist is good at telling stories, and that's it.

Marvel at the moment is NOT good at writing stories. That's the fucking problem. At the moment they have like two or three books worth reading.
>>
>>89590630
>The second best Daredevil run was by a woman.

I miss non-batshit insane Nocenti. Or even just entertainingly batshit insane Nocenti.
>>
>>89584799
Have you read Dark Phoenix Saga?

Claremont literally has a brainwash Jean Grey beat Storm up while calling her everything shy of nigger in terms of racial abuse....
>>
>>89585049
Earth X is one of the prime causes of cancer killing Marvel.

Johnathon Hickman did a HUGE amount of damage to the Marvel Universe due to his obsession to canonize pretty much as much of Earth X as he could get away with, right down to Black Bolt unleashing the Terrigan Mist being unleashed and Celestials being the universe's greatest evil known.....
>>
>>89586773
I should note that the Nixon reveal was never confirmed in comics. All that was ever confirmed was that a high ranking and unnamed member of the President's cabinet.
>>
>>89587060
Renee Montoya was a failure of epic proportion and stripped of the Question identity as soon as Rucka ragequit DC.

Even Grant Morrison had to deal with the artist on Final Crisis outright REFUSING to draw Renee as Question unless it was absolutely vital to the plot.

Since then, Morrison has declared Vic Sage Question HIS AND HIS ALONE as part of his "fuck you Alan Moore" revenge fantasy "Pax America". He killed Geoff's plan to make Vic/Question a magic based detective ala Rich Veitch's take and forced Suicide Squad to write him as a civilian only and then hastily write him out after character assassinating him to such a degree that you would have to pretend "New Suicide Squad" never happened to fix.
>>
>>89587547
SJW actually DID try and kill Punisher.

Alex Kot tried his best to destroy the career of Nathan Edmondson (one of the most recent Punisher writers) because Nathan got a book assignment Alex coveted and more so, got humiliated by Nathan on Twitter when Nathan defended Punisher fanboy Chris "American Sniper" Kyle from Alex, when Alex started badmouthing Kyle during a drunken Twitter rampage.
>>
>>89588002
>Which is fair enough, they don't have to like Laura, but she's the new Wolverine and she's existed pretty much before this argument even began.

Ever since she took the Wolverine mantle, Laura had ALL of her previous characteristics jetisoned to make her a generic SJW fuckhead.

X23 was a shy, socially awkward psychopath constantly at war with her assassin programing and having others try and reintegrate her back into society and those who keep trying to regress her back into a walking snarling murder machine for their own evil agenda.

Once she became the new Wolverine, you had Bendis writing her as a love sick puppy following Angel and the rest of the original X-Men and in the case of her ongoing series, bashing men by making cracks about how "people on the internet keep attacking her for taking the Wolverine name" and having zero resemblance to Yost's version of the character.

It's why Marvel backpeddled so hard to bring Old Man Logan into the mainstream Marvel Universe, in that Laura's book was such a failure, they had to salvage shit since Wolverine used to be one of their top selling characters
>>
>>89591033
That probably has more to do with raceplay being another one of Claremont's dozens of fetishes than it does with SJWish tendencies.
>>
>>89587547
I think Cloonan is doing fine, who cares if she's a woman.
>>
>>89588173
Black Panther is an evil BIGGER piece of shit.

Granted, his black skin gives him immunity from all consequences, but ever since Christopher Priest essentially retooled Black Panther into a high functioning sociopath villain protagonist, Panther has been one of the biggest bads in the Marvel Universe and NEVER gets made to pay any price for the carnage he reeks to protect his blacks only Galt Gulch......
>>
>>89587547
The villain is called Face and he's currently the books main antagonist.
>>
>>89590630
Fun fact: Priest is only writing Deathstroke BECAUSE he is white. And even opened the Rebirth run with Deathstroke killing scores of black men without repercussion/undoing the New 52 Racebending of Clock King into a black man/having Clock King be recast as a vampire who stays young by killing young black boys and Deathstroke allowing Clock King to go free when Tockman trades him Wintergreen for his life (via revealing that Deathstroke's black friends had faked his death years ago, leading to more black people being killed by Deathstroke).

Priest has stated that he got tired of being only allowed to write black characters and the severe double team assraping Ed Brubaker/Brian Bendis gave him when they fucked over and cost Christopher his job writing Captain America.

He retired and kept telling Marvel to fuck off every time they begged him to come back to write Black Panther, which went to shit under other writers.

Hell, he only came back to write for DC (which screwed him over so badly in the 90s that Priest swore he would never write for them again) on the condition that he would only be allowed to write white characters/not be forced to write black ones
>>
>>89591586
>Priest has stated that he got tired of being only allowed to write black characters and the severe double team assraping Ed Brubaker/Brian Bendis gave him when they fucked over and cost Christopher his job writing Captain America.

What What What?
>>
>>89587988
look here anon.

i watched cute crap when i was a kid too, but at least the villains were villains and the lorax was the lorax. not some evil lorax turned to girl lorax but doesn't speak for the trees. just some barbie bullshit. ever seen fantastic adventures of unico? now that is a villain worthy of a show about a baby unicorn.

i would be overjoyed to be proven wrong about poison ivy as a children's cartoon character and dc decided to change poison ivy into an environmental activist. anything else is half measures. can't be heroes without the morals, and everyone knows it.
>>
>>89591631
In the early 00s, Joe Quesada decided to move Captain America to the Marvel Knights imprint, thinking that a mature audience retool after 9/11 would boost sales.

The retool flopped because Tom Brevoort hated it and to try and stabilize things, they convinced Christopher Priest to write a Cap/Falcon book to be the "main" Cap book while the main Cap book would be the edgier spin-off.

Priest was already at the end of his rope with Bill Jemas demanding a retool of Black Panther, that killed the book's sales so badly that it gave Marvel the excuse to finally cancel it. They also renegged on promises made for his BP spin-off The Crew, which was supposed to be heavily advertised, not just in Marvel books, but also in black centric magazines via ad buys and other promotional deals Priest worked out for Marvel.

He agreed to do the book, so long as A. He could make Scarlet Witch Captain America's permanent love interest so long as he controlled the book and B. he be allowed to do a lengthy story where the government frames Cap and Wanda for a crime and they have to fake their deaths, leaving Falcon to deal with a new right wing/Bush government appointed Captain America replacement (think USAgent 2.0).

The book got canceled though when Bendis took over Avengers and turned Wanda evil and pushed heavily for Ed Brubaker to take over Cap on the basis of bringing Bucky back. Priest was fired from his book and told that the only thing they could do for him was give him a Falcon book, which would have to be subordinate to whatever Brubaker wanted to write.
>>
>>89591804
You're putting way too much energy into caring about glorified toy commercials for girls.
>>
>>89591586
You forgot how Deathstroke woke up in bed with a black chick too in the first scene
>>
>>89588502

different anon here. yeah at first it's weird, but now that i think about it, it does make sense because girls are always talking shit about each other and passive aggressively stabbing each other in the back via social maneuvers and vindictive gossip
>>
>>89589041
i just explained out identity politics is not marxism.

protip: liberals are not leftists
>>
>>89591835
true or false:

heroes and heroines are heroic because they have morals

make sure to answer the question
>>
>>89591250
>>89591586
>>89591816
Jesse Baker/Marvel """Insider""", how much of this is true and how much of this your headcanon? I know Priest getting annoyed at companies asking him to write exclusively black characters is true, but things like your claim that Morrison only wants to write Vic Sage sounds like something you've made up. Again.
>>
>>89587515
>>89587930
I believe Tiny Titans had Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor as school employees too.
>>
>>89587988
>>89587988
>I don't get why it triggers /co/ so much

Basically because not muh.
/co/ wants it to be either the horse show, SBBF, Hero Academia, JL/JLU, or any show that appeals to more mature tastes.

Oh, and people get really fixated that Harley and other villains are heroes in high school AU/elseworld. Not just /co/ gets triggered by this.

And people wonder why WB has a character embargo.
>>
>>89588181
>>
>>89591954
False, they are heroic because they are incredible and popular.
>>
>>89592210
lol that's not heroic

Daria: You're so shallow, it's almost like depth.
Quinn: Thank you!
>>
Marvel intentionally crashes the comic industry every 20 years.
>>
>>89592264
looks like they're going to get help from disney.

just wait til they ignore all the old republic canon
>>
>>89592172
>demiromantic asexual
>>
>>89591412

But Laura as Wolverine and Old Logan in the MU both came just after Secret Wars. All she had right after Logan died was a blue and yellow streak in her hair.
>>
>>89582817
Or maybe because theres too much fucking media to consume these days, you have TV, streaming sites, music, the internet, vidya and whatever is out in theaters.

Comics themselves take too much effort for a casual fan to put into. It doesn't help that floppies are getting out of hand with the pricing, the industry is going to have to face the fact that no newer customers are going to shell out 6+ dollars for a couple of pages.
>>
>>89592245

But not inaccurate sadly. That's marketing for you.
>>
>>89592449
hence my case for implying its bullshit
>>
>>89592210
>How much will these products bring to Warner Bros.’ bottom line?

>Our overall consumer products represent a $6 billion business. The DC brand brings in about half of that. We think the DC Super Hero Girls can be bigger than a $1 billion brand.

Yup
>>
>>89594150
http://fortune.com/2016/05/23/dc-super-hero-girls-diane-nelson/

Whoops, forgot the link.
>>
>>89577410
Is this it? Is this the tipping point where Marvel finally gets fucked?
>>
>>89591586
>Racebending of Clock King into a black man
There are two Clock Kings you fucking faggot. The black one still exists. But yeah, now that you point it out it is pretty funny. Thoigh he didn't "came back" Didio and Johns asked him and just spitballed a bunch of different characters until they got him to agree.

>>89586780
It's the literal Looney Tunes Kids equivalent of DC. How are you this assblasted? It's not like heroes are exempt from having done bad shit that could put them into things you don't want kids to read.
>>
>>89587930
did you also get angry when they turned Darkseid into a Lunch Lady and Zod into an enterprising Hot Dog Salesman in Tiny Titans and Superman Family Adventures? Did you lose your shit when Trigon coddled Raven in Tiny Titans?
>>
File: Marvel Waifu Academy.jpg (464KB, 1980x1232px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel Waifu Academy.jpg
464KB, 1980x1232px
>>89587009
>they're doing a school setting like the x-men but no one's oppressed.

Did something happen in Waifu Academy?
>>
>>89591462

I think Black Panther has immunity because 'He owns a country'. I mean, Doom got away with shit for years for that very reason.
>>
>>89577410
>To hurt Ike Perlmutter we risk losing all of the progress the various creative teams at Marvel have made over the last several years.

Do these people think a dozen meaningless events and cross overs a week counts as progress?
>>
>>89583309
No one is faulting comic for having messages and themes.

People are faulting marvel for having no subtlety or tact.

You progressives need to take a step back and realize that they're practicing blatant tokenism. Most of these new "Diverse" characters are shallow and bland outside of their tacked on racial characteristic. The "gay" characters that have "come out of the closet" are straight characters suddenly retconned into being gay, because none of the hacks writing these stories feel comfortable actually writing a gay character

Its fucking tokenism and you guys should have higher standards for your much sought after representation.
>>
>>89585635
kek, it worked exactly one time gamergateand that was more because the journalists were able to control the narrative through their connections than SJW whining and exactly zero times after that, yet they still cling to the whining like it accomplishes something.
>>
>>89587006
>>89586773
You're right, it isn't marvel's fault that not everyone who reads comics is a liberal!
>>
>>89577410
That armor in the middle looks very similar to the fallout power armor, they wouldn't be that lazy and trace it right?
>>
>>89595410
>capes
>no subtlety or tact
YOU DON'T SAY?
>>
>>89595543
What a counter argument.
I'm saying that they were able to show subtlety and tack for decades, but this newest generation has fallen flat on their face over pandering to the new demographic they're trying to mine. Honestly its an honest to god miracle of incompetence that they haven't realized that SJWs are too fickle to effectively market to.
>>
>>89595564
>they were able to show subtlety and tack for decades
No they weren't. 1940s capes were anti-Axis propaganda and 1960s capes were anti-Communist propaganda.
>>
>>89595410
Don't pull that /pol/ casual crap,
Marvel has seeded their character developments decades in advance.
It isn't like some DC 52 suddenly lesbian story when a Marvel character comes out of the closet.
If Captain America was gay tomorrow you wouldn't find stories from decades before about his relationships with women crumbling apart because of an undisclosed issue, or of his parents rejecting him outright because of who he is, or of multiple times where he's called out on his lack of self-acceptance.
But those stories did exist for Iceman, so when he came out it wasn't a surprise for anyone who had actually read the X-Men comics, just for the pricks who wanted a /pol/ issue to push.
All of that was set up for Iceman DECADES in advance. There wasn't any fad-chasing.
And if Carol Danvers (Captain Marvel) comes out as a lesbian next week, there's comics that were published in the 70s that were hinting at that. So don't pretend that it was one guy who wrote that on a whim.
The actual diversity is when these characters have INCLUSION in the stories that aren't exclusively about "diversity". Marvel has done that years in advance of mentioning which characters are gay or lesbian or transsexual.
It upsets you? It makes you uncomfortable? Too bad.
Marvel has so many non-white superheroes who are established as recognizable heroes that they can and have killed off multiple minority characters in the past without there needing to be an immediate minority replacement created in the company's ranks.
And it's a joke to accuse Marvel of having created minority characters just to kill off ... unlike some companies have.
Look up "tokenism" in a dictionary the next time you want to throw that word around.
>>
>>89595575
At least those targeted American enemies. Marvel's been taking a bat to political ideas actually held by people in this country. The fact that their sales are dropping shouldn't come as a surprise when they're pulling shit like Red Skull convincing out of work white men to suicide bomb civilians.
>>
>>89595619
>there never were Nazi or Soviet supporters in the USA
Read a history book sometime.
>>
>>89595618
The fact that you actually believe the bullshit Marvel feeds you is breathetaking.

>>89595631
There were incredibly less people who supported them than there are people who lean conservative nowadays. Then again, you understood that. You're playing stupid for the sake of making a half baked point.
>>
>>89595750
>where they're headed
Civil War III when, Marvel?
>>
Are there actually that many women or minorities who make up a significant demographic of comic readers? From the publishers' side I can understand the push for diversity; they're trying to break into what they believe to be a demographic ripe for projected profit-making. After that my understanding fails me.

From the buyers' side, my big question is this: why do people who want this kind of push for diversity buy comics in the first place? If a bixsexual, black, Jewish transwoman does not like comic books because of too many straightwhitecisgenderedmalesetc why demand it needs to be changed? Why not pursue a hobby that they don't feel excluded from? Or make there own? If people don't like being lit on fire, what's the point of lighting yourself on fire and then demand that the fire stops burning you? Why not NOT light yourself on fire?
>>
>>89595761
Kinda not what that subject was, but as long as you mention it...
Marvel's going to make a Dark Reign 2 out of all this.
>>
>>89595775
>that ad hom out of nowhere
>that total failure to address the point

Just ducking in from the front page to say you're a cunt and you're losing your argument.
>>
>>89595798
>Marvel's going to make a Dark Reign 2
For real? If so, sauce pls?
>>
>>89581376
Apparently he's Kid Arachnid in some cartoon. So that might influence comic books.
>>
>>89595818
He wasn't even me. That's what makes it so funny.
>>
>>89595725

Where did the whole "SJW is a neonazi Buzzword" thing come from? It was NEVER called that until just recently. I thought it was well known that SJWs are hated not because of Social Justice, but because the idiots abuse it for their own needs, becoming bullies. Basically, SJWs are hypocrites.

And now /co/'s even calling Jontron a nazi. What the fuck happened to this board?
>>
>>89577410
>Ghost Rider not pictured
C a n c e l l e d
>>
>>89595845
>And now /co/'s even calling Jontron a nazi.
I thought we were just memeing?
>>
>>89577410
are they really implying I'm supposed to be put off by the potential of ""losing"" Miles and Kamala?
>>
>>89577410
"still reading marvel"
kill yourself and make the world a better place
>>
>>89595896
Honestly I don't know anything about that. its the first I'm hearing of it, actually.
>>
>>89595811
He's memeing. Basically it looks like this:
Bush leaves the office.
Current Marvel president appoints Norman as the SecDef.
Obama leaves office.
Current Marvel president appoints Carol as the SecDef.
>>
Man, fuck this fuckwads for trying to steal my thing. I was here first. It was mine. I'm not going to share. Those pieces of shit need to stay down where they belong.
>>
>>89595876

Tell this guy that >>89595869. He seems to think only Trump and anyone supporting him should be deserving of ridicule, and anyone using the term "SJW" needs to be called a nazi, even though SJW are a thing and are basically making things worst for the left.
>>
>>89595914
Not to mention that Marvel changed the Norman Osborn art to more resemble W. and peppered his dialog with Bush quotations.
>>
>>89595932

What...

He's talking about why SJWs are a cancer to basic discourse because they have a "my way or the highway" kind of thinking and you're talking about restricting rights and class systems?

WTF ARE YOU ON ABOUT?!
>>
>>89587708
>'Cuda doesn't exist in 616 Marvel, just MAX and Noir.
this is a shame. I love that guy.
>>
Or they could just write better stories, honestly all the new characters could be good if they had someone who could actually tell a decent story.
>>
>>89595932
>You're actively advocating that right should no longer be universally applied, so why should you have that right?
No he isn't. It's only the left doing shit like this with UC Berkeley
>>
Lose Kamala, Laura and Miles.
Those creative teams make their own creator owned comic series of a Muslim superhero, black hero, and whatever the equivalent of Laura would be. Get it published at Image comics and done. It'll sell wildly.
>>
File: angry liberal.gif (2MB, 351x333px) Image search: [Google]
angry liberal.gif
2MB, 351x333px
>>89595647
Sorry to hear you are mad
>>
>>89595788
Do you think the whole world is Tumblr? It's not. The world isn't a battle of extremes. Most of us are just trying to live our lives.
>>
>>89595979

Oh sorry about that. It got kind of heated and I should have known better.

But yeah, WTF is up with that guy. We call out SJWs and he claims we are trying to take away rights.
>>
>>89595914
>DCU: Joker becomes PotUS
Yay or nay?
>>
>>89595618
those stories that put in question Iceman sexuality always had the same end, Iceman is a straight dude who doesnt take himself seriously, so either you havent read comics or you just want an excuse to make a character gay for no reason and roll with it
>>
>>89596002
You didn't present an argument if you're >>89595932
>>
>>89596006
Which Joker? There still are three of them.
>>
>>89595996

Not the whole world, but a huge chunk of the left leaning media is. Not to mention the incident going on at Berkeley isn't painting a pretty sight.
>>
>>89595888
Not liking Kamala and Miles is RACIST
>>
>>89595996
Oh, I realize that, unfortunately the same sort of radicalization has begun to bleed into the real world. The Presidential election very much was a battle of extremes and we're now stuck with the consequences of that.

>>89596002
You're right I don't fucking understand. I didn't say anything about impeding on people's rights or creating a class system. I literally have no clue where you're getting that from. Is this some new form of logical fallacy I'm not privy to?

When you don't have a proper comeback accuse the other party of something nonsensical and when they express confusion claim victory?
>>
>>89596021
Even better! One as President, one as VP, and one as Secretary of Defense!
>>
>>89596010
So... you're saying that Iceman was not gay ... he just didn't take being straight seriously?

WOW.
>>
>>89596050
yeah, it's easy to dismiss rioting and violence

the people at UC Berkeley rioting are no better than the Brown Shirts.
>>
>>89596059
need some better bait than that, you'll never win the 2020 meme war with shit like this!
>>
>>89596050
How is calling people SJW a way to censor their thought? this is just a way people criticize them for their over the top use of progressives ideologies.
>>
I really dont blame Marvel for trying to diversify.Our generation- yours, mine, the 25+ to 35 year old, and the previous generation of our fathers, a lot of us are fading away, you know?

We're becoming old, and stuck in our ways. Marvel's just trying to catch a hold of this new, hip generation with their smart phones, and twittering, and I'm an old man with a broken hip who wants his daughter to get off the phone at the dinner table, and turn down that damn noise! IT ISNT MUSIC!

Jokes aside, Marvel is desperately trying to create a new generation of fans. It knows it has us. It always will. It can always appease us with a bone or two, but creating a new fanbase is hard, and Marvel's kinda bad at making cartoons nowadays, so all they got is comics to try to experiment and reach out.
>>
>>89596078
The Nazi reductionism argument?
From the guy demanding to never be exposed to the concept of minorities?
You're really winning with that one, keep it up.
>>
Guys, I think we should stop feeding the troll. Get back on track regarding the OP.

I wonder if they realise that you can't eat your cake and have it too. Alternatively, they seem deluded if they think the poor sales is due to a boycott by the very SJWs they pander to and totally not because their comics are about as appealing as toilet paper. That, and comic sales being bad in general because nobody reads comics like they used to.
>>
>>89596107
Nah mate you are the one using white as an insult and that is the problem, you can`t use the race of someone as an insult, that is what we all are and we cant stop being that.

>>89596128
Nobody is asking to no bet expose to minorities, people is asking to do it in a better way, that why /co/ has agree that DC diversity push is better than marvel.
>>
>>89596086
>>89596098
Bravo, bravo!
>>
>>89596130
the industry has survived floppy sales worse than this before but you have a point
>>
>>89596106
It's a meaningless meme.
And used as a pejorative it's sole intent in use is to stifle meaningful discourse.
So YES, it is a direct means of censorship. As intended.
>>
>>89596138
>using white as an insult
OK, I'll call you a honky instead.
>>
File: 1484837257975.png (646KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
1484837257975.png
646KB, 730x1095px
>>89596152
no more than screaming NAZI MISOGYNIST BIGOT at people to anyone more right wing than Karl Marx is to the left.

>>89596156
it's cool nigger
>>
>>89596152
Nobody has been censor for their SJW ideas put in a piece of media in fact sometimes they are praise for it, the best they have done is simply respond to the criticism, so yeah is not censorship.
>>
>>89596172
I appreciate you trying to help argue against this clown, but honestly as soon as he started talking gibberish it was time to give up. The /pol/ memester showing up is only going to further muddy waters from here on out.
>>
File: 1484971858273.jpg (1MB, 948x663px) Image search: [Google]
1484971858273.jpg
1MB, 948x663px
>>89596199
I'll have you know my fashwave is subverting you as we speak

I'll stop now
>>
>>89596199
>I appreciate you trying to help argue against this clown, now let me suck your dick
>>
>>89578175

Thought Chick-Fil did some pretty impressive damage control.
>>
>>89595618
>But those stories did exist for Iceman, so when he came out it wasn't a surprise for anyone who had actually read the X-Men comics, just for the pricks who wanted a /pol/ issue to push.

Can I be genuienly mad because it's been done in the most half-assed way possibile and his boyfriend is a fucking inhuman named fucking ROMEO of all fucking name my mouseketeer?
>>
>>89596251
Support Chick Fil A Day was a huge success
>>
>>89582769
I have not bought a single Marvel comic in years, and neither should you
>>
>>89578175
Virtue signaling is supposed to be easy. All that other stuff requires actual effort.
>>
>>89577410
>Make X-23 into Wolverine
>Completely abandon all semblance of X-23's prior characterization
>Wonder why it sucks
>>
>>89596310

This. Ironically not because of any "boycott" but because comics are not exactly the gangbuster medium they used to be.

If this keeps up, I don't know if there are ever going to be ANY comics period in the US.
>>
>>89596310

This, they should stop publishing unreadable trash, get me to buy them again and THEN I may consider boycotting them
>>
>>89591970
The stuff about Priest and Captain America is true. He's gone into most of that on his website, including how the last straw for him was when they told him they were going to change "Captain America and the Falcon" to just a Falcon solo book.

Another thing Priest mentions on his site is that in his desperation to get a book that wasn't all about black people, he pitched an all-female Avengers team. I'd have liked to see that one.
Thread posts: 290
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.