[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2008 >"Lucasfilm has to plan ahead and think lon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 130 ABY KIDS.jpg (88KB, 500x521px) Image search: [Google]
130 ABY KIDS.jpg
88KB, 500x521px
>2008
>"Lucasfilm has to plan ahead and think long term. 'We don't reboot. We don't start from scratch,' Chee says."
: |
https://www.wired.com/2008/08/ff-starwarscanon/
>>
>>89576727

that was 4 years before the buyout. Disney wanted to steal and readd fluff that could pad out their mediocre movies and so far its worked. Not that supplementals have sold well but they can spin it as interest in their movies since the EU material is largely telling information that used to be in the movies, the exposition dumps lucas had in dialogues.
>>
>>89576974
>the exposition dumps lucas had in dialogues.
I miss Lucas.
I never found the PT politics boring at all.
>>
>>89577034

Apparently we're a minority. People like less information so they can make it up as headcanon.
>>
>>89577061
It's been said a million times, but I think TFA had a manufactured good reception.
My theater was non-plussed as all hell walking out at the end.
>>
>>89577118

well considering the memo's disney sent reviewers trying to force them to like Rogue One, "hand in hand"

that is obviously true but between the reviews and fact people aren't saying what they really think. it doesn't leave a lot of room to go places.
>>
>>89576727
And John Ostrander fans, OP.
>>
>>89577153
>memo's disney sent reviewers trying to force them to like Rogue One
???
>>
>>89577900
Why do you think MCU movies are usually praised to the skies?
>>
What's Shao Kahn doing here?
>>
>>89578195
Oh come on, Star Wars isn't even directly competing with another franchise. Do we really need to do this for those movies too?
>>
>>89578520
TFA was shit. Of course they do.
>>
>>89576727
Gotta love the shitty Sith Lord who was BTFO'd by three dead ones. ONe of them can't even fucking talk.
>>
>>89578520

Anon, they really did send letters to reviewers, trying to influence them. When I find the review I'll post it.

Essentially it was either from times or new yorker or something but basically they said they got a letter from disney telling them what to think and they got pissed off thinking they would limit access to disney products if they didn't write a favorable review.
>>
>>89579300

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/how-the-fuck-high-was-this-new-yorker-guy-when-he-wrote-1790058128

It was the new yorker and holy shit, disney has so much power that not only did they remove the review but they scrubbed the internet of it.

Try to look up the New yorker's review of Rogue one. You can't find it, anywhere. I was right.
>>
>>89579444
Having actually read the new yorker review (as did the folks in the article you linked to, who came to the same conclusion), that review was hilariously transparent about the fact that the reviewer didn't want to be reviewing Star wars. The new yorker was right to pull it
>>
>>89579618

Maybe but that doesn't undersell disney's influence and how they're viewed is controlled.
>>
>>89576727
They should made better plans than Legacy
>>
>>89579618
>hilariously transparent about the fact that the reviewer didn't want to be reviewing Star wars.
No?
Richard Brody loves SW.
At least the last two prequels.

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/what-the-seven-star-wars-films-reveal-about-george-lucas

He's right.
>>
File: 111.jpg (103KB, 753x617px) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
103KB, 753x617px
>>89579010
Poor Krayt
>>
>>89579958

people think prequel defending is only a recent thing anon.
>>
>>89580098
>tfw never looked at the six SW films as anything but one unit
People who meme about some quality drop off/disparity between the two trilogies baffle me.
>>
df
>>
>>89580010
I miss Legacy desu
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.