[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they actually doing well or is Marvel so bad that they look

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: DC_Comics_logo.svg.png (111KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DC_Comics_logo.svg.png
111KB, 2000x2000px
Are they actually doing well or is Marvel so bad that they look decent in comparison?
>>
>>89573614
Combination of both
>>
They're doing better than before, so they're doing about mediocre right now.
>>
>>89573614
DC is doing really good coincidentally around the time Marvel is doing really bad.
>>
>>89573663
>They're doing better than before

Marvel is at an all time low right now, in both quality and sales, what are you talking about?
>>
>>89573663
Pretty much these some of the Rebirth stories were actually pretty good and the same time people were getting really tired of Marvel events bullshit, so DC look even better when you compare them
>>
Nothing in DC is blowing me away right now, and actually books I was loving a year, or even just six months ago, have taken a bit of a step backwards recently. Still generally solid and there's enough I'm interested in to keep me buying at least 2 or 3 books a week.

I've been reading exactly one Marvel book for over a year now out of little more than twisted brand loyalty. Picked up one new one recently, but as to how long I'll stick with it, who can say?
>>
>>89573614
Why not both?

Certainly, there are less-than-stellar books (everything with Batgirl and Justice League. for example0 but the majority of what I'm reading is at least good.

We previously awful writers and their books (Lobdell with Red Hood, Venditti with Green Lantern, Percy and Green Arrow) now are GOOD. We have to give credit to DC for this.
>>
File: 1477328097576.jpg (30KB, 300x351px) Image search: [Google]
1477328097576.jpg
30KB, 300x351px
Deal with it.
>>
>>89573769
Ignore the "we" at the beginning of the second paragraph.
>>
>>89573663
Yeah, they're in solid "meh" territory, which is propped up by how bad Marvel comics are right now.

Combine this with desperate fanboys overjoyed that DC has overtaken Marvel in sales for the first time in forever and you get the current fanaticism on /co/
>>
>>89573614
They're flopping hard. Returnability adds 90% onto their numbers of units shipped and sold, so they're gaming the numbers to make it look like they aren't dying. If you take the sales charts and actually look at them with accurate numbers, you can see how much DShit is failing. Plus their movies are hated by the entire planet and their characters are absolute poison that nobody wants to associate with. I don't expect them to be around in the next 5 years, much less 10.
>>
>>89573771
Why is Kate Bishop advertising DC?
>>
>>89573614
neither
>>
>>89574575
It is Marvel who do this.

Do you suck Quesada's little cock or something? Always so passionate about Marvel being perfect, even when they are in an absolutely shitty phase like the current one.
>>
>>89574900
>Always so passionate about X being perfect, even when they are in an absolutely shitty phase like the current one

It's an American thing. The worst of you will act all mighty saying you are the very best country in the world, and then complain about everything happening and how you are threatened and shit.
>>
>>89574575
Where are proofs
>>
>>89574575
>If you take the sales charts and actually look at them with accurate numbers
Link to the accurate numbers?
>>
>>89573614
Marvel is doing well at selling movies. Their comics are selling like shitcakes.
>>
>>89573614
as a former marvel-fag, DC has many cool things going:
-Hanna Barbera beyond
-Young Animal
-Kamandi Challenge
-Deathstroke
-Upcoming Wildstorm imprint

so I think that DC is doing well, especially that their comics are readable
>>
>>89574617
because that's how shitty marvel is.
marvel is so shitty that their characters rather advertise distinctive competitions
>>
in terms of comics, it's both.
>>
>>89573614
Their imprint are good, while the regular books are shit.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.