[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets talk about the glory of Luthor. Specifically, how Nu52 Lex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Super Lex.jpg (168KB, 575x302px)
Super Lex.jpg
168KB, 575x302px
Lets talk about the glory of Luthor. Specifically, how Nu52 Lex is utterly different than every other version of the character.

For one, he's actually moved past the obsession with beating Superman. This is a Lex Luthor who doesn't truly hate superman.Thats massive. The Post-Crisis version of Lex Luthor literally pissed away the power of God and eternal bliss for the Universe, because he couldn't stop hating Superman. Then he fell into a hole and left the universe, never to be seen again.

Contrast this with a flawed, egomaniac, asshole, who is legitimately trying to be a hero, despite his flaws and selfish reasons behind it.

I actually like this change in direction... but I also want OG Lex to return, with a vengance and trade pithy insults with Modern Lex.
>>
Okay.
>>
but he was his monster OP
>>
This is why I liked the "he's reborn pre-Flashpoint Alex Luthor Jr rather than pure Lex" theory. But I haven't caught up in the recent issues enough to know if that got dismissed as a possibility.
>>
>>89566724
He moved past his hate once he saw that Superman without powers was a self sufficient man who had skills and cunning and didn't rely on said powers.

He impressed him while being just a man so new 52 Lex stopped seeing him as that ultra powerful alien who lorded over humanity and got things easily.
>>
>>89567878
Yeah, right past "I hate you!" and straight into "I'm going to become you!",
Supes was better off with this psycho as an enemy.
>>
>>89568082
so it is Superior Superman?
>>
He wormed his way onto the Justice League by guessing that Batman was Bruce Wayne, showing up at Bruce's house, and being a dick about it until Alfred put a gun to his head

Every time he's outwith another JL member, he constantly makes pithy remarks, withering barbs, and basically is an asshole to everyone

What I'm saying is he's the best new member the team has had in years, and he's like a more intelligent and endearing Guy Gardener
>>
>>89566724
>Contrast this with a flawed, egomaniac, asshole, who is legitimately trying to be a hero, despite his flaws and selfish reasons behind it.
I don't know that sounds pretty common for a villain trying to be a hero, doesn't it?
>>
>>89566724
Has anybody else noticed that New 52 Luthor basically has the personality of pre-Crisis Earth-1 Luthor?
>>
>>89566724

He is generic as fuck, and Johns is doing the VERY same shit he tried with black adam and sinestro.

I hate this Lex, its a Marvel character. I liked Johns's new earth Les, but Lex is the main reason his JUSTICE LEAGUE was pure shit.

It's pretty much as if you take Lex bullshit reasons for hating superman and all the lies he tells to justify his actions (capes stop humanity's progress, etc)and you take him seriously.

I get the appeal, since DC is laking in the anti-hero department, but luthor was a TERRIBLE choice.

I loved Detective riddler, and what i loved the most about that was how short lived it was, Luthor hasnt been a bad guy since blackest night for fucks sake.

As many of other Johns ideas, it over stayed his welcome. There's no endgame for his arc and someone else will have to deal with the bullshit idea Lex isnt really a bad guy.
>>
>>89569169
No, and he doesnt, he is Smallville Luthor. No joke.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.