[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>How the rapidly dropping sales feel I love this book, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0036.jpg (87KB, 693x348px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0036.jpg
87KB, 693x348px
>How the rapidly dropping sales feel

I love this book, but if this keeps happening, it's gonna get cancelled. RIP.
>>
Fuck Gwenpool and you too.
>>
Why does everyone cry over every book that doesn't run for 600 issues
>>
>>89563165
It's had a really solid story, of which I'm sure Hastings already has an ending in mind. We're also talking about a book that's a surface-level fusion of Deadpool and Gwen Stacey/Spider-Gwen, it's pretty well insured against cancellation.
>>
>>89563165
>Likes Miles Morales
>Likes Champions

She has really shit tastes in comics.
>>
>>89563248
This. It has had a good run for what it is. At least twice as long as everyone guessed. Seemed like a definite stealth mini originally.
>>
>>89563374
To be fair, it's not her fault.
>>
>>89563374
How does she like Champions? Didn't she get put in the books before they became a thing?
>>
>>89563560
>Marvel
>Editors
>>
I like Gwenpool because it's self-aware, unlike nearly every other Marvel book.
>>
>>89563165
When does she die for shock appeal?
>>
File: Gwenpool.jpg (38KB, 458x458px)
Gwenpool.jpg
38KB, 458x458px
It just needs a lasting formula, away from the comic omniscience bs, or at least a good conclusion. The whole cute pink costume can go away, maybe treat her story like a refugee story. Let her grow empathy to these "fictional" characters. If she grounds herself she would maybe make a great strategist with her self-aware knowledge.

Plus I just think she's cute as a button.
>>
>>89563165
Is gwenpool anything like original Gwen or was this just branding?
>>
>>89563248
>Why does everyone cry over every book that doesn't run for 600 issues

Especially since comic sales don't fucking matter as 99% of Marvel's dough comes from normies going to see the latest movies of whose comic origins they're only vaguely aware.
>>
crossover with Superboy Prime WHEN

>>89563681
She has nothing to do with Gwen besides the meta origin of being a variant cover design originally.
>>
>>89563165
Good , the art is only good thing about this book, it's one of the shittiest nu-Marvel books that isn't tumblr
>>
File: Mosaic #1 Pg 1.png (598KB, 510x481px)
Mosaic #1 Pg 1.png
598KB, 510x481px
>>89563165
>book was making 79k, cancel it anyway
I was mad as a teen, and I'm still mad now.
>>
>>89563165
It's confirmed to last at least until issue 16. Combined with the #0 issue and second holiday special, that's 18 issues total if it actually does get cancelled at 16 which it's still selling well enough that there's no reason to assume it will, especially when you compare it to the sales of Squirrel Girl which has lasted much longer. Either way that's a solid run. Most books don't make it past 12 these days.
>>
>>89563588
I'm not sure why you're blaming the editors for you somehow thinking that her wanting to join the Champions means that she's a fan of the Champions comic. She hasn't read any post-Secret Wars books and nothing in her comic contradicts this.

The only weird point of contention is her somehow not being able to remember Rocket Raccoon and Groot's names over in her appearance in that book, but I guess you could no-prize it as Gwen just messing with them or something.
>>
>>89563681
Other than being blonde and have her first name be Gwen, she has absolutely nothing to do with Gwen Stacey. So yes, it's just branding.
>>
>>89564190
Nah, the writing is great. Hastings is a national treasure.
>>
>>89564393
>The only weird point of contention is her somehow not being able to remember Rocket Raccoon and Groot's names over in her appearance in that book, but I guess you could no-prize it as Gwen just messing with them or something.

Is that one really weird? She only remembered Whor was Jane because of the chick that played her in the movies. Doesn't seem like she was a hardcore fan of every Marvel comic series before she ended up in them.
>>
>gwen getting cancelled is the equivalent of her literally dying
>>
>>89564488
Oh yeah I forgot about that tid-bit, RIP.
>>
>>89563710
You know Marvel Comics and Marvel Studios are two separate companies, right?
>>
it's Marvel's best ongoing
fuck
>>
I just want to see Deadpool lose his shit over Gwen stealing his gimmick. Was thinking either a loony toons cat and mouse chase or at least a Peoples Court parody
>>
>>89564452
But that's the thing, anon. Rocket Raccoon and Groot are characters that people who have never read a comic in their lives know because of the movies. Even if you haven't seen the Guardians of the Galaxy movie, I don't see how someone wouldn't have at least learned their names purely from pop culture saturation.
>>
>>89563710
Marvel Studios has nothing to do with Marvel Entertainment which Marvel Comics is a subsidiary of. The last Marvel-made MCU movie was Civil War. Everything after that is purely Disney.
>>
>>89564967
I don't wholly agree. Pop culture is very segmented and it's easy for a joke to go over your head if you don't recognize it. Like I don't watch (or read) Game of Thrones so all I've picked up from memes is that there's some dragon girl on there. Groot is probably at that level, but not Rocket Raccoon. Hell I watched the movie and I'm not sure they even called him by name?
>>
>>89563165

I bought the first trade paperback the day it came out. I'll buy the second one as well. I'm doing my part, within the framework of my comic purchasing habits. I'll be sad if it dies a premature death, but it is what it is.
>>
>>89563710
>>89564983
>>89564559

They're all owned by the mouse. When you own multiple companies its fine if one company is only breaking even or even losing money as long as you can directly correlate whatever business its conducting to a net positive effect on another business.

Granted at the end of the day they still want to make money, but if using the comics as a litmus test for casuals works, or as self paying marketing/hype machine is working no need to worry too much that the comics bottom line isn't doing too well.
>>
>>89566270
The individual arms still have to make money on their own to pay employees and shit.

You do realize that if it was only about the bottom line they could cancel all comics and just occasionally put shit out to maintain rights when needed, right?
>>
>>89566302
That's why I specified that it doesn't matter if the bottom line isn't doing too well.

As long as you break even against COGS, labor, and overhead it's all good.

The first anon is wrong in that sales do matter, but only up to the point that they can pay for costs, after that the broader company doesn't need to be to concerned with the comics beyond using it as extended marketing.
I mean do they want comics to make as money as manga, well obviously, but if they don't its cool too.

Which makes it doubly sad that Marvel doesn't try more avant-garde and risky shit.
>>
Will Gwenom be a real thing or was that one pic for lulz?
>>
As an obese brown man in his 30s I deeply regret not getting to stick my smelly penis in a blue eyed blonde teenage aryan pussy.
>>
>>89563165
>ywn see Miles break the fourth wall and say to us 'She went down faster than her comic sales'
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.