[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wish this was canon. Even though it's NOT MUH, it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: gotham_ver11_xlg.jpg (288KB, 1500x750px) Image search: [Google]
gotham_ver11_xlg.jpg
288KB, 1500x750px
I wish this was canon. Even though it's NOT MUH, it's does really well the job of turning Bruce into Batman.
It shows his entire life, basically, as one giant preparation to this. He won't be just a man who travels to Asia, learns kung fu and comes back to fight crime. He has real reasons to fight crime besides the murder of his parents. So even though it would fuck up some things, like Jim's history, I would like if this was canon.
>>
>>89556414
Canon to what? It's canon to itself you dipshit. You canon fags are the worst.
>>
File: mfw new Gotham episode.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mfw new Gotham episode.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
I'm surprised at how much I ended up liking Gotham

season 1 was kind of shit with the exception of Penguin's story, but season 2 and season 3 so far have been great 2bh
>>
>>89556782
UMAD
>>
>>89556414
>canon

doesn't exist
>>
>>89557095
URETARD
>>
>>89556414
They don't have the budget to actually send Bruce to Asia, so of course he has to learn everything from within Gotham.
>>
>>89557342
or they can just do a timeskip to full trained and back to gotham
>>
File: 1468902086020.png (424KB, 691x638px) Image search: [Google]
1468902086020.png
424KB, 691x638px
>>89556414
>>89557342

Batman: Earth One has him learning to fight from Alfred, messing up a lot at first, and on his first night out stepping in evidence and Gordon not being particularly impressed. Sounds like that is the route they are going with. It would fit pretty well with tone of Gotham.

We already shades of Batman last episodes with how trivially he dodged Selina, and this episode, with the (initially) showing no pain at being fucking stapled with inch-long staples up the arm, and then beating the shit out of Jerome using Batman tactics. Hell, they are building their dynamic already, and why Bruce won't kill him.

I thought the show was going to end like Smallville, with us seeing him putting on the suit for the first time if he was old enough and maybe swooping down on a criminal and saving Gordon. But I'm starting to wonder if we aren't going full Elseworld and all-in where he eventually is Batman for a season or two.
>>
>>89561843
You mean Year One?
>>
>>89562664

No, I mean Earth One you casual.
>>
>>89562664

Nope.

>http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/05/12/five-important-differences-in-batman-earth-one

>While Alfred does still help maintain Wayne manor and assists Bruce when he’s operating as Batman, the similarities pretty much stop there. This Alfred is into the sort of tough love that leaves bruises. He understands Bruce’s mission, but he doesn’t always agree with it and he’s not afraid to tell off or even insult Bruce when he feels the situation warrants it. He also doesn’t share Bruce’s “no killing” policy, something that’s made clear in Vol. 1 and then further enforced in Vol. 2.

And...

>Earth One’s Bruce Wayne is a lot different than most other takes on the character. He’s impatient and a little too quick to action. Where traditionally Bruce Wayne spends years traveling the planet getting training from some of the world’s greatest martial arts masters, you get the sense that this version of Bruce maybe got a couple years of training from Alfred, and that’s about it. It’s doubtful he’s ever seen combat prior to putting on the suit, and when we first meet Batman in Vol. 1, it shows. In Vol. 2, Gordon calls him out on his terrible detective skills.

>To his credit, Bruce does seem willing to learn, but nevertheless, he’s a long way from being the efficient and effective hero that we’re accustomed to. It makes every scene where he goes into action very suspenseful and more than a little frightening because we have no confidence at all that he’ll succeed. Of course, when he does, the thrill we feel is that much greater.

To be fair, the article is a little harsh. He still feels like Batman, just a green one who didn't travel and get the super-competence superpower.
>>
>>89562807
>>89562944
I only watch the animated movies, my bad. (I also pick up bits and pieces of comic stuff from internet discussion groups)
>>
>>89563131

Earth One is worth a read, and easily found online. It's only two volumes atm, which if fucking enraging, because I want more and I've seen Westrosi Winters pass quicker.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.