[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>In January 31st 2007, an advertising campaign for the Aqua

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 10

File: 240px-ATHF_LED_in_Cambridge.jpg (21KB, 240x243px) Image search: [Google]
240px-ATHF_LED_in_Cambridge.jpg
21KB, 240x243px
>In January 31st 2007, an advertising campaign for the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie went massively wrong as a light-brite like device meant to promote the movie was mistaken for a bomb.
>The entire city went into a mass panic following the discovery of the device
>As a result of the panic, Turner Broadcasting (the company that owns Cartoon Network) had to pay $2 Million dollars to the city of Boston and the Department of Homeland Security; the then-general manager/executive Vice President of Cartoon Network, Jim Samples, had to step down from the company as well.

Looking back 10 years to the day, what did y'all think of the Boston Bomb Scare of 2007?
>>
I remember seeing that on the local news. Even though I had never seen ATHF I thought that there was no way that the thing a bomb
>>
>>89550995
There's a video on YouTube of the first press conference with the guys who set up the signs and it's fucking hilarious. The just ignore all of the reporters' questions and talk about haircuts and the reporters' are all getting pissed off, and you can see their lawyer behind them trying not to laugh because he knows exactly what they're doing, so he steps forward to tell the reporters' that he advised them not to talk about it.
>>
>>89551111
Post it.
>>
File: stuart_snyder.gif (27KB, 220x293px) Image search: [Google]
stuart_snyder.gif
27KB, 220x293px
>>89550995
This piece of shit was put in to replace samples and essentially kickstarted the dark age of CN. He instituted CN live and killed Toenails,amongst other notorious decisions. Snyder was the CEO of a failed telecom company under a Turner subsidiary and was stuffed into the position to appease people who didn't want an 'insider' as head of the network, whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean when you're talking children's television.

long story short, East Coast people are retarded and their paranoid victim complex killed Cartoon Network slowly from the inside out.
>>
>>89550995
Holy shit I remember this
>>89551111
Please for the love of god post it
>>
>>89550995
Classic day. I remember all the retards crying about how putting up lights "isn't funny".
>>
>>89551240
Toonami. Not Toenails. Fuck this phone.
>>
>>89550995
I live in the greater Boston area
I was 17 back then, thought it was hilarious how people were overreacting

The charges are bullshit, it was light brights
>>
>>89550995
WHAT THE FUUUUUCK
I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT THIS TODAY
>>
>>89551240
On the behalf of the east coast, I would like to apologize for that. NYC is fucking full of retards but outside of NYC, but in NY, is pleasant
>>
>>89551311
Same thing happened to me thinking about Paul Boyd's death.
>>
>>89551175
>>89551258

Here ya go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2fGzmphx4U
>>
File: boston.png (578KB, 717x433px)
boston.png
578KB, 717x433px
IT'S A BOMB!
>>
>>89551360
Fuck NYC and you know what? Fuck Massachusetts, they're retards who can't drive. They fucking ruined everything

t. Someone from the Eastcoast
>>
Was the Boston episode ever released?
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 553x398px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 553x398px
>>89550995
>boston strong
>>
>>89551407
Yes it was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yji5VcZicUc
Excuse the shaky camera, I can't find a better upload, but it is out there.
>>
>>89551407
It got leaked. It's on Youtube
>>
>>89551352

I think the best part is one Reporter cracking the code, "Are you afraid if you go to prison, you'll get a prison haircut?"

"That's a very good question!"
>>
>>89551407
Yeah, and funnily enough it was leaked to Youtube months before anyone even realized it was there to begin with.

Whoever uploaded it understandably didn't share or try to promote its link
>>
This incident is what KILLED Cartoon Network's Golden Age.

It sucks.

>Mass Panic over a glorified Lite-Bright set

Idiots, idiots.
>>
>>89550995
>People complain about the alleged fall of a kids network because of overreactive people.
>Remembers users saying "Served them right" when Boston DID get bombed.

As much as I hate to say it, it was an accident waiting to happen.
>>
I remember that nobody in the Boston Police department or City Hall knew what ATHF was until one on the Mayors interns recognized them.

This was the first time an internet meme became associated with terrorism.

>>89551562
>This incident is what KILLED Cartoon Network's Golden Age.

Ah, nah man. More goes into it an one incident.

Part of the problem was this was the beginning of YouTube and people where just uploading episodes from ATHF, Harvey Birdman and the like and killing the ratings on TV.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zkvSkXLc9w
>>
>>89550995
People overreacted and then turned around a blamed cartoon network. It is not CN's fault that people saw flashing lights and automatically assumed a bomb. Fucking stupid.
>>
>>89551407
I've got it on an external harddrive. It's kinda half finished but it's pretty funny
>>
If you wanted to make me feel old mission accomplished.
>>
>>89552512
2009 was 18 years ago
>>
I remember saying that Boston must be the dumbest fucking place in the country if fucking POLICE couldn't tell the difference between a BOMB and a fucking Lite-Brite.
>>
File: smarter than boston police.png (162KB, 750x558px) Image search: [Google]
smarter than boston police.png
162KB, 750x558px
>>
>>89552668
OSHIT
>>
>>89550995
I remember how stunned I was to see a Mooninite on Fox News and how disappointed I was that my parents wouldn't let me see the movie. I remember moving into a Bostonoan suburb 4.5 years later and showing my ATHF lunchbox to other ninth graders in the hopes of offending them, but none of them remembered the incident, even though they knew the show. I remember AS' traveling events never coming to my state, presumably because of this.
>>
>>89550995
>The entire city went into a mass panic

No they didn't, only a couple of paranoid old people thought it was a bomb.
>>
>>89550995
It should have said "the moon rules" underneath
>>
>>89552853
They would have just taken that to be some kind of Muslim code.
>>
>>89550995
I was 13 at the time and had only seen ATHF here and there and I still found it fucking hilarious that anyone found those images of the mooninites actually threatening.

If I remember correctly, adult swim even made reference to the whole thing on their commercial bumps. I wonder if someone has it taped somewhere.
>>
File: never_forget.jpg (51KB, 308x480px) Image search: [Google]
never_forget.jpg
51KB, 308x480px
>>89550995
Wow, that means I've had this pic for like 10 year then. Glad to use it again.
>>
>>89551311
You think about things all the time. Sometimes those things happen to come up shortly afterwards.
>>
>>89552808
The response cost the city $1 million.
>>
>>89551360
SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU FAGGOTY ASS CAST OF THE MUSICAL HAIRSPRAY, YOU FAGGOT MOTHERFUCKERS
>>
>>89550995
>everyone forgot about the billboard that was up between Harvard and Fenway for months before the scare
It was a medium/small LED billboard with a Mooninite flippin the bird and the AS logo on it. FFS thousand of people would have seen it either by car or by bus. I saw it every fucking day.
>>
>>89551562
Cn's golden age had already ended in like 2004.

By the time of the Bomb scare, CN had retired the Cartoon Cartoons and a slew of mediocre replacement shows like Squirrel Boy came in.
>>
>>89550995
I think they got thier money's worth in terms of publicity
>>
It was the beginning of the end of CN.
>>
>>89550995
>Boston Bomb Scare of 2007?
America is seriously the dumbest country on the planet. I mean seriously. How the fuck can something like that happen?
>>
>>89551264
don't worry about it. That same shit often often happens on my tablet
>>
>>89554141
Are you so stupid to compare one city to a massive nation?

Boston is full of retards. Don't lump me in with those faggots.
>>
>>89554258

Why do you care what a salty third-worlder thinks?
>>
File: fatAmerican.jpg (51KB, 600x462px) Image search: [Google]
fatAmerican.jpg
51KB, 600x462px
>>89554258
Oh, I'll lump you into whatever the fuck I want.
That's the luxury of an anonymous image board.
>>
>>89554141
and wouldn't you know it Boston gets attacked years later and they made a movie about it. Meanwhile CN suffers from TTG swampass
>>
>>89554401
Well...
Was the movie any good?
Did it have tits?
>>
>>89554321
Because I just get tired of yurofags shitting all over everything.

>>89554342
You sure showed me. Have fun in this corner of 4chan. I'm out.
>>
>>89550995

It was the Bush era; EVERYTHING was terrorism in the eyes of the public back then. You have to have a certain amount of historical perspective here; every time that Bush's approval ratings began to slip they would bump up the "terror alert meter", close the borders and Bush's numbers would go back up again because he was STRONG LEADER. The public wanted to be scared. They fucking got off on it. The way the American people got off on being threatened is like modern SJWs getting off on being misgendered or whatever. It was a national pasttime.

I think that the chance to react to something as though it was a bomb, no matter how ludicrous or irrational, was honestly just exciting to these fear-drunk idiots.
>>
>>89554540
>Have fun in this corner of 4chan.
Don't be mean, dude. I fucking hate this place.
>>
File: 1443947669786.jpg (20KB, 255x255px)
1443947669786.jpg
20KB, 255x255px
Sha, na na, na na na

Get a job
>>
>>89551240
>Toenails
kekt
>>
>>89551240
The litebrites were placed in other cities on the east coast and nothing happened, you stupid hick. It's just Boston.
>>
I'm still don't understand how people thought it was a bomb. Even if I didn't live in a country known for being bombed, I don't think I'd mistake a glowing sign for a bomb.
>>
>>89554663
>getting off on being misgendered
There were arrests made because of this. Don't be dumb.
>>
>>89554809
Americans are dumb.
>>
>>89554809
There were wires and lights in a boxlike objects. Leave it under a bridge and that's enough for some people.
>>
File: cn.jpg (33KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
cn.jpg
33KB, 600x600px
>>89555056
>There were arrests made because of this
>>
>>89551445
those cheeky fucks
>>
File: 1484712812157.jpg (107KB, 954x510px)
1484712812157.jpg
107KB, 954x510px
>Fewer than twenty devices were found in Seattle and neither the Seattle Police Department nor the King County Sheriff's Office received 9-1-1 calls regarding them.[48] King County Sheriff's spokesman John Urquhart stated, "To us, they're so obviously not suspicious ... We don't consider them dangerous.[48] In this day and age, whenever anything remotely suspicious shows up, people get concerned —and that's good. However, people don't need to be concerned about this. These are cartoon characters giving the finger."

I love my city
>>
>>89555137
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/31/boston.bombscare/
>>
>>89555840
Oh nevermind, i thought you meant people were arrested for misgenders
>>
>>89550995
man, one of these days I need to sit down and try to make one of these for myself. I'd look pretty dope in my basement D&D area.
>>
>>89550995
I'm not surprised the city was a funding center for terrorism for so long if that's what they think bombs look like.
>>
>>89552668
what program is this
>>
People are too quick to cry out bomb over such little things.

Eariler today I was listening to the radio, and they were talking about how a college had to evacuate the ENTIRE BUILDING because some kid dropped their phone, it cracked and began to spark and smoke.

A broken phone, not a fucking bomb.
>>
>>89556898
I'll believe it when I see it. but yeah dude how dare schools care about student safety.
>>
A BOMB?
>>
>>89557051
>>89556898
>break a phone
>school evacuation
>dump a clock into a pencil case with all the wires exposed and make it tick loudly
>get sent to the white house
>>
now we've banned muslims to appease these anti-terrorist retards

christ I wish it was the 80s again, back when you could bring a machete on a plane and the most intrusive security got was the "did you pack your own luggage?" question.
>>
>>89557850
Why do you want a machete for tho?
This is an honest question
>>
>>89550995
Wow, the city of Boston is dumb as fuck lol
>>
>>89557684
>Make it tick
How did he make it tick?
>>
>>89554663
>close the borders
I don't believe you.
>>
>>89553002
Awww shit, this was one of THE first images I saved off the internet on my first PC.
>>
I fucking remember this. It was HUGE deal in the Atlanta papers.
>>
>>89551111
God, that was great.
>>
>>89559280
Beats me when I saved this. Most likely when it happened. I just save stuff and transfer it over to my new computers all the time.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.