[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You are given the opportunity to make a cartoon where you have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

You are given the opportunity to make a cartoon where you have complete creative control over everything, allowing you to make whatever kind of show you want.

But there's a catch: you have to make the show a reboot of an already established franchise. The original creators of the property will have no involvement with the show you create unless you want them to.

What's your cartoon /co/?

>doesn't matter if the show is already rebooted or currently running
>you can make whatever changes to the canon and lore you want
>age rating doesn't matter. wanna make an adult reboot of a kids show? go for it.
>>
>Gravity Falls.

Make the female characters less terribly written. Give it 3 seasons. Remove or rewrite Gideon. Remove or rewrite Wendy. Remove or rewrite Bill. Rewrite Mabel. Probably more softcore fetish shit.

Probably a whole bunch of minor changes, but that's the major stuff.
>>
>>89546342
>Scooby Doo series in the style of Night of the Living Doo or Sealab 2021, possibly for Adult Swim
>Teen Titans reboot that acts as a continuation and has multiple episodes highlighting minor characters, a la Justice League Unlimited
>Galactic Kids Next Door
>>
Easy peasy, a one or two season Punch-Out!! cartoon.
Maybe have Disco Kid and Glass Joe join Mac and Doc Louis as the protags.
>>
>Drawn Together

>1 season. 10-12 episodes at most.
>focuses primarily on a new cast of contemporary character tropes; but the original cast would still show up from time to time

>a bad CGI rat monster from a foreign country
>an AU genderbent Captain Hero but she still has the penis
>a nauseatingly cute teddy bear that constantly gets put in danger but narrowly avoids it and the people next to him get brutally maimed instead
>a strong female lead who has no personality outside of "she's a female"
>a tryhard edgelord troll and a bleeding heart liberal who always end up hatefucking
>Foxy's hoodrat cousin Rayray who commits crimes as a cry for help but everyone ignores his actions because they don't want to be labelled a racist
>an anime magical girl who is constantly getting raped by tentacle monsters

>show focuses more on wacky character interaction; morals are obviously not meant to be taken seriously
>"Y'know, maybe #OnlySomeLivesMatter"
>"Sometimes it's okay to hit people if they don't agree with you"
>"It's okay to be [minority], as long as you aren't [stereotype]"
>>
>>89546928
I was mainly refering to cartoon reboots but this would still be rad.

>>89547077
I'd watch that.
>>
>>89546342
>Adventure Time

Less convoluted bullshit. Keep Finn (and to a lesser extant Jake) as the focus of the show. Marcy becomes an anti-hero sort of character, she's good or bad depending on whose paying (basically Deadpool without the 4th wall breaking). PB is alluded as a "bad person" way more quickly. Less romantic bullshit, including rewriting how Finn and FP separated. Better rogues gallery (name a memorable villain that isn't Ice King or Magic Man (and also appeared more than twice) Lich doesn't count cause he's boring ). Also more goddamn adventures, it's in the goddamn title.... to an extant. Cause the last thing I would change is the length of the show. 6 seasons, 20 11 minute episodes each, no bullshit in between, keeps the fun and plot as concentrated as possible.
>>
>Dungeons and Dragons

First off would be to rewrite the whole cast and make them more individual characters rather than 80s stereotypes. Make the Dungeon Master more of a narrator than an all powerful character. Establish the villain a lot better as being in complete control of the world. Have the main cast travel the world to find the tools they need to face him and get home while side questing to help the downtrodden. You know like actual heroes. Work in some life lessons and morals because kids but don't shove it down their throats. In general though, group of kids lost in a magical world where the only path home is through the overlord.
>>
>Jem and the Holograms

I'd love to make it into a cute, futuristic 80s, magical girl type show. very girly, with a more modern art style.
>>
>>89546342
Friendship is Magic
Hard fork from season 1's finale
Throw it on Cartoon Network
Give it three seasons
Conscript Faust and /tg/ for deepest lore
Only two alicorns
Shift the genre slightly to a children's fantasy mystery series
Twilight has to give up her magical girl powers in the series finale to save her friends and understands that the real magic is Friendship
>>
>>89548545
Faust wasn't a deep lore writer.
>>
>>89546342
This sounds a bit like my thread...
>>89521149
Your thread is gods work though.
>>
>>89547430
Wow, now this is the AT writer we deserve. I dropped AT right before Breezy. The earlier seasons/eps stayed true to its original idea, but were driven out in favor of romance and extensive lore.....
>>
>>89549942
What happened after Breezy?
>>
>>89547430
add rewritten Bronwyn as a relative to Finn and Jake for easy smut points
>>
>>89546342
I would reboot lil bush but in my new version the "bush" is a nickname for ivanka trump

every episodes starts and ends on a pun about ivanka's bush/vagina

ivanka and putin are the main characters. trumps tweets scroll along the bottom. basically writes itself: episode about pizzagate, episode about pissgate, episode about blackmailgate, etc, etc
>>
File: lil-bush.jpg (70KB, 455x427px) Image search: [Google]
lil-bush.jpg
70KB, 455x427px
>>89550879
lil bush was a cartoon about george w bush. pic related. sorry if that was confusing.
>>
>>89548545
would watch tbqh
>>
File: The Bimbo Bomb Girls Cover.png (3MB, 1700x2200px) Image search: [Google]
The Bimbo Bomb Girls Cover.png
3MB, 1700x2200px
>>89546342
PPG reboot for Adult Swim,although I'm thinking of going with a heavily different style both visually and tonally, basically as close to the attached pic as one can get away with on TV

PPG has been ruined for a straight reinterpretation, so might as well go for something twisted
>>
>ATHF

Put more boobs and lesbians, but otherwise keep everything the same. This might be the worst idea ever.
>>
>>89546342
I bring back Histeria! and make it good.
>>
>>89546466
Adult Swim SD could be good
>>
The Fairly Oddparents

The show would have the same concept, but it would be centered around a new kid who has Fairy Godparents in a different city. Same concept but a brand new cast of characters.
>>
>>89547430
You really need to learn how to spell extent.
>>
>>89546342
Generator Rex
Cut the monkey bullshit
Cut terrible jokes.
Do long Van Kleiss/Rex storyline, cut some world fluff, add episodes about henchmen and allies past, would have enough materials for 2 seasons prob
>>
Adult cartoon version of Felix the Cat
>>
>>89546342
I'd make a reboot of Wander Over Yonder

Not that the original is bad, but I wish Craig got to do more lore/continuity heavy stuff like he originally wanted for it.

I'd give it about 3 or 4 seasons.

But yeah, most things are the same except it has more continuity in the first season and it runs longer
>>
File: gargoyles.jpg (13KB, 307x164px) Image search: [Google]
gargoyles.jpg
13KB, 307x164px
Gargoyles without a doubt
>>
>>89546342
re-do Legend of Korra
>korra starts off the series younger (14ish, series ends with her in early 20s)
>same personality but actually learns from her mistakes
>Amon is the villain of all four seasons (not a bloodbender; removes bending with the help of a spirit like he claims)
>seasons have more episodes instead of being super short
>rewrite Mako to be an actual interesting character
>give Bolin more to do and make him less like Sokka 2.0
>Asami is a minor character who is only focused on running her company after S1
>S1 ends with Amon defeated, but he escapes alive
>remove S2
>new S2 starts with an arc where Korra has to get more in touch with her spiritual side in order to learn energybending and give everyone their bending back
>succeeds about halfway through S2
>small timeskip
>Korra begins to get bored and tired of acting as a policeman in republic city and wants something to do
>Tenzin tells korra basically "this is the life of an avatar whenever the world isn't in danger"
>cue rumors of equalists in the earth kingdom
>tenzin and lin are very worried by this, korra is just psyched to have something to do
>season ends with Korra and team heading out to investigate
cont...
>>
>>89554464
>S3 starts with arriving at zhaofu, meeting suyin and her family
>Opal joins team (and give her a personality as well)
>find the equalists rumors are true, and that they are in ba sing se
>travel to ba sing se
>find out corruption is still rampant in the city, etc.
>major shit goes down and Amon announces his presence
>Dai Lee and Equalists fight for control of the city
>moral dillema from korra about who to support
>equalists eventually win
>they now have access to a huge amount of weapons and eager citizens
>shit.jpg
>korra and team are forced to retreat and flee back to republic city
>end S3
>>
>>89554464
>>89554701
>S4 picks up back in republic city
>amon is on his way
>all the authorities are freaking out
>along with that, there is still equalist support within the city
>nobody knows what to do
>bring up the fact that the equalists basic message (that nonbenders are basically oppresed by benders) is valid
>Korra has to learn that fighting is not always the solution to every problem
>she must convince the people that, yes, non-benders are being oppressed, but that there are far better ways to deal with it than violent revolution
>a campaign is started that promotes true equality through peace with Korra at the forefront
>at the climax, she gives a speech to the entire city about this and that people have to work together to create a better world for all people
>public opinon visibly starts to turn in her favor and it is too much for Amon
>his anger gets the better of him and he attacks her
>the crown turns on him, and he is about to be torn to shreds, but Korra stops them
>he breaks down and reveals his entire backstory about how he was in an abusive family where his parents were both benders and abused him
>he ran away and was poor and homeless; victim of bending gangs from s1
>eventually at his lowest moment finds a spirit which gave him the ability to remove bending
>he admits that he let his prejudice guide his actions, and that he hopes korra will succeed
>series ends with Amon in jail, and a new government is enstated with the goal of true equality

opinions? i know it's probably shit but whatev
>>
>>89554464
>>89554701
>>89555028
also here's some misc stuff
>all characters are the same unless stated

>sub-plot with tenzin and his family
>Tenzin is worried about the future of airbenders
>wants to make sure that they survive
>essentially ships his children with their "best suited" matches
>they all take issue with this but it mainly focuses on Jinora
>she doesn't want her father to control her life
>i don't know how this subplot should end but those characters need something to do

>potential sub-plot about the red lotus
>introduce Zaheer somewhere in S2 where he becomes a sort of mentor for korra's spirituality
>not an airbender because no harmonic convergence bullshit
>he doesn't have history with the avatar like in canon
>but he and tenzin still don't get along
>he disappears mysteriously after season 2
>if season 5 were ever to happen, it would deal with the red lotus and their anarchist tendencies
>korra would be torn because of her previous friendship with him
>also deals with the earth kingdom and its corruption
>have to find a middle ground and remake the government of the kingdom
>>
>>89547612
A new Dungeons & Dragons cartoon would be lit
>>
>>89548574
She had a sense of what she did and didn't want in the show; other alicorns was a no.

Granted I knew they were going to give Cadance a baby in Season 2 because Hasbro had already started selling toys with the canon name.
>>
Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea.
The story, setting and mythology are incredibly unique and have a lot of potential. With a good creative team and a decent budget, it could be a really great serialized action-adventure-scifi cartoon.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.