[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is South Park's approach to the subject of religion the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (229KB, 744x407px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
229KB, 744x407px
Is South Park's approach to the subject of religion the cleverest in western cartoons?
>>
>>89540810
>South Park clever
>>
>>89540810
Do they really have that much competition?
>>
>>89540810
> south park
> religion
> clever

Shouldn't you be in bed, OP? You're going to oversleep and not have enough energy for your birthday party tomorrow.
>>
>>89540810
What, that all gods are real but the afterlife is Christian, with everyone going to Hell except Mormons who don't get their own version of the afterlife but the regular Christian one and on top of all that God himself is a Buddhist?
I don't know if its clever or not, but it sure is creative.
>>
What the hell drives people to make not-so-hidden inflammatory threads ala "is X the best ever" that is obviously supposed to get backlash?
It's not funny and it's not interesting as trolling technique.
>>
>>89540810
it's pretty stupid and on the nose.
>>
Nah, I lost respect when they tried to claim that scientology was different than other religions.
>>
File: annikin asks what is this shit.png (260KB, 319x414px) Image search: [Google]
annikin asks what is this shit.png
260KB, 319x414px
>>89541026
Let me guess, you're those "liberals" on Twitter and Leddit who get asspained about South Park being edgy. You also get asspained about Horseshoe theory, don't you?
>>
>>89541688
>"Let me guess, you're a <MEMBER OF GROUP I HATE OBSESSIVELY.?"

What a telling comment...
>>
>>89540810
Cartoons? Eh, maybe, but comics has it beat. Beat like an old man's dick.

Also I like that there's a few satanists in Heaven.
>>
>>89541652
>Scientology
>the cult that makes you pay to practice their ways and isolates you from your loved ones
>different than other religions, where you can take part without selling your soul to them, the payments are voluntary, and unless you're in some shithole you can leave any time with the worst case scenario being minor social ostracizing
>>
I miss when Jesus had his own chat show
>>
File: 1485802245948.png (466KB, 614x614px) Image search: [Google]
1485802245948.png
466KB, 614x614px
I always thought that it was interesting that Chefs VA left after they crapped on Scientology, but afterwards the creators pointed out how they crapped on other religions too and the VA didn't once complain about it. :/
>>
>>89541652
I'll let you sleep naked in my shed while I berate you and steal everything you've earned if that makes you feel as though you belong anon.
>>
>>89540810
What's so clever about it?
I don't watch much of the show but from what I know it mostly seems to be just silly stuff or common sense observations
-Jesus is some nice wishy washy guy no one pays much attention to
-Islam get butthurt about portrayals of Mohammed, but we can show Jesus spraying shit everywhere
-Mormonism is dumb but Mormons are nice
-Satan is gay with Saddam Hussein

I mean this stuff doesn't exactly strike me as insightful or clever in any way.
>>
>>89542565
This is a reference to Catholicism, right?
>>
>>89542510
Part of the Scientology doctrine. If he did the episode and continued as Chef they would've dropped him down from the climbing ladder that is Scientology or they would just toss him out. People have their finances and family in the church once you're out they won't give you any of your money and you can't speak to any other Scientologist, also anyone you've known in the church would be told you were a extremely bad person and they wouldn't want to be around for fear of getting trouble.
>>
>>89540810
It's shit, and you are shit for bringing it up. Race to the grave, fuckstain.
>>
>>89542510
>:/
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>89540810
Rick and Morty is a lot more clever on the topic. That said South Park is rather heavy handed on the topic.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.