[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started watching this. Art style is giving me really heavy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: file.png (370KB, 1003x403px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
370KB, 1003x403px
Just started watching this. Art style is giving me really heavy Flinstones vibes. Poor Karl.
>>
>>89520736
If you want to see more of karl you should see the show where he travels the world, the one where he goes around with warwick davis is the best.

And yeah in one of the dvd commentaries ricky said at first they were gonna go with a ren and stimpy thing, but decided the juxtaposition with a hanna barbera style and the humor would work better
>>
>>89520796
OK, thanks. I don't know much about these fellas, mostly because the original Office sort of bored me, but this is kinda funny so far. Is it scripted, or are they actually just talking?
Also I'm trying to remember another cartoon that does cutaways while they are narrating it, but I can't remember what it's making me think of. Maybe old online Brad Neely sketches?
>>
>>89520812
>but this is kinda funny so far. Is it scripted, or are they actually just talking?
IIRC, I believe the audio was taken from their previous podcast/radio show.
>>
>>89520812
They used to do fm radio stuff. They recorded separate podcasts for the show, so yeah, they're just talking. A lot of people think karl is playing a character but he really is that daft.

I dont think its the same one you're thinking of, but I do remember getting into the ricky gervais show around the same time I got into spill.com, a now defunct movie review site in a similar animated format.
>>
Merchant comes off as a massive arse in these.
>>
>>89520855
>A lot of people think karl is playing a character but he really is that daft.
So he doesn't mind them talking all this shit right at him? Or is he just like "That's showbuisness" and rolls with it?
>>
>>89520912
Honestly? no clue, maybe they really are just good friends, maybe he takes it in stride. He was already a retired radio producer by the time he was doing the podcasts so I doubt he's doing it out of desperation for money or anything.
>>
>>89520933
I was thinking you gotta be a patient man to work in showbiz, and even if he's daft it would make a good show to have someone you could laugh at
>>
>>89520736

Karl actually has some insight, he's just bad at wording it. Ricky is a dick.
>>
>>89521156
t. little orange-headed buffoon
>>
>>89521156
I think Steven is more a dick than Ricky
>>
>>89521514
The podcasts shows that Karl is giving back to Steve on multiple occations, often below the belt.
>>
>>89521531
>HE'S DONE YOU AGAIN -AND HE'S NOT EVEN HERE!
>>
>>89520912
he could dish out as well as take it, and did, it just didn't make the cut for the animated show.
>>
>>89521531
>Often below the belt
Hardly. Steve just gave out some incredibly harsh bantz and laughed when Ricky did harder. The moment Karl said anything about anything towards Steve he got pissy. He was a fucking baby. Nothing worse than somebody who gives but can't take. No respect.
>>
>>89520796
That episode of An Idiot Abroad with Liam Neeson was a riot.
>>
>Karl delivers what is obviously a joke/punchline

>Ricky screeches as loud as he can and calls him a fucking human garbage piece of fucking shit

Every fucking time
>>
why do we need em
>>
>>89521559
>I'm not an invalid...
>>
>>89520796
What's the name of that show tho
>>
OP here. none of the monkey news is true, right? I've looked up half these I heard and none of them have any credible sources whatsoever.
>>
>>89521699
The eyedoctor one is 100% true.
>>
>>89521699
the one with the monkey getting it on with the missus is true.
>>
>>89521966
no way, I'm looking for that one but I keep seeing stories about a chimp/human hybrid missing link thing that doesn't sound at all like this one.
>>
>>89521597
Why does Ricky get so angry at Karl anyway?
>>
>>89521680
"An idiot abroad"
>>
Officially Ricky Gervais Show Power Rankings

>God Tier
Karl getting way too in character when Ricky tells him to imagine himself in a situation
>Excellent Tier
Karl in general
>Suzanne Tier
Suzanne
>Shrieking laughing child tier
Ricky
>Cunt tier
Steve
>>
File: IMG_0089.gif (474KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0089.gif
474KB, 500x383px
>>89522464
Karl still with Suzanna.

I really can't get into Karl's new show since it's just sad how old he got. It hit him hard
>>
>>89521578
Wait, what?! During what season was this?
>>
>>89523237
he's probably confusing it with another Ricky/Steve show, where Neeson has appeared.
>>
File: karl_getYourKnickersOff.jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
karl_getYourKnickersOff.jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
>>89522464
>Karl getting way too in character when Ricky tells him to imagine himself in a situation
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>89521699
Oh I'm sure all of these stories are at least half-true, they're just retold from a madman, eager to fill in details as he see fit.
Example could be this.
>Did I tell you about that monkey who disguised himself as a human, and then tried to buy furniture?
>>
File: 1482819397907.png (373KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1482819397907.png
373KB, 900x900px
>>89522386
I think Ricky loves Karl he just has a twisted way of showing it.
>>
File: 1451062941406.png (170KB, 1100x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1451062941406.png
170KB, 1100x1500px
do you enjoy oranges in the bath /co/?

can you even enjoy something twice?
>>
I used to want to do a podcast where I shoot the shit with friends and play vidya in the background, and after watching this I can feel much better doing so.
>>
>>89523914
See, the issue is that people think that to have good chemistry doing something like this you all have to be really clever. You don't; it's about being able to turn off your filter instead.
>>
>>89520895
Less than Ricky. At least he let Karl talk.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.