[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"There is no god summer, gotta rip that band-aid off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 283
Thread images: 31

File: 960[1].jpg (111KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960[1].jpg
111KB, 960x540px
>"There is no god summer, gotta rip that band-aid off now you'll thank me later."

Why did I let /co/ talk me into watching this quasi-intellectual shitshow
>>
>>89513341
But god isn't real senpai.
>>
>>89513341
>Believing in God

Sounds like the only pseudo-intellectual here is you, OP.
>>
>>89513476
I prefer to think of myself as alt-intelligent.
>>
>>89513341
>this cartoon hurt my feelings
>>
>dismissing religion outright because you were raised on the internet in the 2010s when it was uncool to admit to believing in god
whose the real sheep here?
>>
>>89513341
His position on religion changes depending on how much it allows him to talk down to others, like in the Christmas episode.
>>
File: cool motherfucker.jpg (242KB, 566x635px) Image search: [Google]
cool motherfucker.jpg
242KB, 566x635px
>>89513341

>tfw I will never be so pathetic that I get upset when a cartoon character disagrees with my belief
>>
>>89513341
>You guys are all on your phones? Don't you people know it's Christmas, the birthday of Jesus Christ

Pretty sure Rick would piss on your beliefs no matter what they are and I'm pretty sure he'd disagree with you no matter what his personal beliefs are
>>
>>89513341
It's a fedora tipping stance that tryhards use to gain social prestige points.
>>
>>89513637
The irony here is that the exact opposite is true on 4chan.
>>
>>89513341

There's another part where he's about to die and it goes something like this:

>Willingly gives up his life for Morty and makes his peace with it
>Is presented with a chance to save himself
>Begins frantically praying to God as he takes advantage of it
>Immediately after his safety is ensured he yells "fuck you God!" and is atheist again

It's how Rick is: ultimately both a supreme genius as well as an edgy and existentially terrified person.
>>
>>89513600
Anon we both know this is a bait post from a bored other Anon who's gonna take pleasure in watching stupid bait-biting newfags post.
>>
>>89513341
>waaa this cartoon character (who is supposed to be a gigantic asshole) said god isn't real waaa
>>
>>89514279
It's not so much that Rick doesn't believe in a god, crazier things have happened, but that Rick hates the concept of godhood itself, and in large part seeks to surpass it himself.
>>
>>89513341
>a fictional character in a show doesn't correspond with my beliefs therefor its shit now

some SJW-tier shit, here, OP.
>>
MOM COME QUICK, LOOK I MADE A BAIT THREAD!
>>
He only says what he knows Jerry doesn't want his kids to hear.
>>
>>89513497
This made me laugh more than it should have.
>>
File: 1485703050739.png (39KB, 186x259px) Image search: [Google]
1485703050739.png
39KB, 186x259px
>>89513341
OH LOOK IT'S BAIT!

NOT ONLY BAIT, BUT BAIT THAT HAS BEEN USED ON /CO/ WITH THIS SAME SHOW AND PHRASE BEFORE!

OH MAN, I WONDER IF ANONS WILL FALL FOR THE BAIT!

Do you think that anons will fall for the bait?
>>
You forgot to call it Reddit and Maymay, OP. Get your shitposting right.
>>
>>89513341
>>89513341
>there is no God
>prays to God the moment he is in serious shit

Rick is a funny but very broken human being /co/, you shouldn't take philosophical advice from him.
>>
>>89514763
As if /co/ can help relating to broken, self-hating asshole characters.
>>
>>89514763
it's called hedging his bets, it has absolutely nothing to do with faith
>>
>>89514939
Everyone loves sociopaths and assholes as fictional characters. Dr. House, Dexter, etc
>>
>>89514988
>Rick goes full Pascal's wager when he thinks he will die
Kek
>>
>>89514626
>>89514657
>>89514688
Notice how we all know this is a bullshit thread, but we're all sticking around for it. We just love to fill our heads with sensational counterproductive bullshit.

>>89514763
>you shouldn't take philosophical advice from him.
I feel like /co/ assumes that Reddit does, which is part of why this show gets constantly called Reddit.
>>
>>89514657
maybe
>>
>>89513341
So admitting to being an atheist is too mainstream now? Fuck off, hipster
>>
>>89513341
Will rick and morty cover automation next season?
>>
>>89515175
For how much /co/ likes to shitpost about Reddit, it unsurprisingly knows very little about Reddit. Actually, you could make that argument for anything /co/ shitposts about. Other boards, cartoons, comics...
>>
>>89513341
Because you're a weak willed faggot

Take some responsibility for your own actions for once in your life.
>>
>>89513341
He has to believe there's no God because if there was, Rick would pay for all the horrible things he's done.
>>
File: 1423530667883.png (6KB, 478x373px) Image search: [Google]
1423530667883.png
6KB, 478x373px
>>
>>89517037
/co/ is the worst board.
Not the most hated board, not the most infamous board, but by and large the worst.
>>
>>89517201
That's a weird way of spelling /v/.
>>
>>89517067
Na he can just repent and then it would be k.

And on that subject, what if God as we know it was just a Universe creator and nothing more, like how Rick created that tiny Universe. I'm sure those people don't have an afterlife. So why should Rick.
>>
>>89517223
2007 was ten years ago. Even /v/ has managed to pick itself up and make of itself a half decent board at least. And so has /a/.

/co/ meanwhile is the most useless and toxic board in the site.
>>
You know what, I'm just going to use this thread to ask /co/ what it thinks of Wisecrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxwZWXBwxFU&t=440s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaclXqpBpr0
>>
>>89517391
One of a dozen channels that reads way too much into things.
>>
>>89514601
Rick has seen enough shit to know that if God exists that shit is way more complicated and fucked up than "there's an old wizard in the clouds who loves you and has a plan for you to be happy forever".
>>
>>89517391
>Favourite episodes
>Get Schwifty

uhhh, what?
>>
>>89513341
Why did being a christfag become socially acceptable? Try saying this shit 10 years ago, you'd be laughed off the internet. What happened?
>>
>>89517563
Contrarianism went TOO FAR
Also, more people got internet access
>>
>>89513516
>in the 2010s when it was uncool to admit to believing in god

The fuck are you talking about? If anything the status quo has reasserted itself and atheism is considered uncool and borderline persecuted. Atheism was only cool from like 1995 to 2010.
>>
>>89513341
Calm down m8. The show was just making a joke about how nihilistic Rick is. We all know God is actually real.
>>
>>89517563
nu-Atheists became twice as insufferable.
>>
>>89517365
/v/ is just /pol/Lite at this point. A den of hatred and contrarianism the likes of which even /tv/ would be jealous of.
>>
>>89517591
Lmfao

It isn't considered cool or uncool
>>
>>89517563
Because 4chan loves being counter-culture. Now, because the internet is mostly atheist, they pretend to be Christian to avoid being labelled a normie. It's quite pathetic really, and I find it hilarious that people have the gall to accuse atheists of being edgy, when they're just trying to be even edgier.
>>
>>89517599
Have you ever talked to an actual religious extremist? No "nu-Atheist" could ever be even half as insufferable, and the religious extremists are a political bloc that push their bullshit on real humans. Not sure how wearing le unfashionable hat and being annoying like the stereotypical modern atheist is worse than that.
>>
>>89517599
Atheists have lost the courage of their conviction thanks to a few neckbeards and it breaks my heart.
>>
>>89517617
>at this point

New?
>>
>>89517563
Contrariness.
>>
File: 4chan opinions.png (12KB, 245x206px) Image search: [Google]
4chan opinions.png
12KB, 245x206px
>>89517599
Incorrect. Pic related is the reason.
>>
>>89517644
As in, there's not even the possibility of denying it. Mods on this site have long since given up and Hiroshimoot doesn't give one half of a shit about board or discussion quality.
>>
>>89517563
4chan grew up and realized that the endgame of Marxism is a million times worse than Reddit image macros.
>>
>>89517758
Or maybe the adults left and all that we're left with is the dumbass underaged faggots that can only echo what conspiracy theorists and white supremacists say and try desperately to fit in, still not realizing that this is an anonymous website.
>>
>>89517365
>/co/ meanwhile is the most useless and toxic board in the site.
No, that's /r9k/.

t. /r9k/ regular.
>>
>>89517563
It was never socially unacceptable.
It was socially unacceptable to be an insufferable cunt, who had to shove their beliefs down peoples throats when they didn't ask for it, and keep saying that whoever didn't believe like they did, was bad or dumb people.
And it still is, which is why people hate obnoxious atheists too.
>>
>>89517815
Did Uncle Karl ever write anything about quelling anal pain?
>>
>>89517312
You're talking about deism.

In which case Rick isn't. The fact that he prayed to God implies that he's in some way a theist.
>>
File: starspaz.gif (149KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
starspaz.gif
149KB, 600x450px
>>89517617
I have a theory that the quality of a board's discussion is proportional to the "legitimacy" of its medium.

>/co/
>Comics and cartoons are for kids
>Easily accessible shitposting, the same few topics discussed over and over

>/v/
>Video games are considered one of the most immature pastimes out there, nobody over the age of 30 plays them
>Ultimately easy access to shitposting

>/tv/
>Has notable historical and highbrow artistry but it gets drowned out in a sea of lowest-common-denominator popular entertainment
>Shitposting about popular things drowning out the occasional potential for an interesting discussion

>/lit/, /his/, /ic/
>Generally considered "learned" topics most people don't have a strong relationship with
>Relatively higher on-point discussions, memes are usually related to matters being discussed
>>
>>89517900
Great job at thinking for yourself anon. Keep worrying about those dirty liberals.
>>
>>89517864
Keep crying Christfag
>>
>>89513341
Every alternate timeline Rick was praying to God in a final plea.

He simply doesn't see any reason to think or care about an all-powerful being that doesn't choose to interact with his life in a physical way.
>>
>>89517969
>/lit/, /his/
>relatively higher on-point discussions, memes usually related to matters being discussed

Are you fucking high? They're shitpost central aside from the slow-moving 300+ all purpose threads to discuss Byzantiboo's or excerpts from your writings.
I can't speak for /ic/ however.
>>
>>89518021
Dude, I think Christianity and it's brothers are some of the dumbest religions out there, but as long as they don't shove it down my throat, or hurt people, I do not give a fuck about their world view, or yours for that matter.
>>
>>89518021
It sounds like he's bashing only atheists. But, when you read that very end part with "too" it implies that atheism there is an example. So, in that case Christians can also be considered in what was said.
>>
>>89513557
And whether or not he's about to die.
>>
>>89518061
The sad thing is that most of the Abrahamic religions are missionary in nature. Save for Judaism, which was at one time but now appears to be mostly be non-missionary.

In the case of Indian based religions I've found that Buddhism is one, too.
>>
File: 1481913870816.gif (259KB, 350x622px) Image search: [Google]
1481913870816.gif
259KB, 350x622px
>>89517563
Christ-chan is too cute
>>
>>89513341
you're not the first one to royally miss the point
rick's a big giant asshole and a huge hypocrite. the point isn't his opinions (which the creators probably do agree with given that they're starburns and roiland), the point is how he's such a big asshole about spreading them around in a condescending but completely mellow casual way so that you can't object without looking like YOU'RE the fuckup
then he periodically violates them
>>
>>89518041
They actually talk about the aspects of what it is they're discussing and what is good and bad about it. /co/ / /tv/ / /v/ will just call something tumblr and then the whole thread goes to shit.
>>
Uhhhh hate to break it to you man but religion is just a control scheme and public divider.

Jesus Christ is like the 5th or so iteration/combination of that character.

There are just so many things wrong with each religion.
>>
>>89517758
>marixsm
Keep misusing the word and it will become meaningless.
>>
>>89518390
There's nothing wrong with religions that encourage others to love each other.
>>
>>89518486
You know I think that is one of the saddest things about it.
So much talk of love but it sparks so much more diversity. I mean that is one of easiest ways to make an acquaintance dislike you. Even if you believe in the same god arguments easily unglue relationships.

Politics and religion are constructs meant to divide us while those that run the world through our capitalist society are unable to be touched because these divisionsites keep us short sighted on the real problems.

How are we going to survive as a race when we are going to run of space?
When will we switch to alternative fuel sources before it's a disaster.
Why are people hungry in a technologically advanced society?
How will we not destroy the world with our trash and consumption.

There is so much to work for but we are too short sighted a people and are unable to unify due to paper chains of money and concepts of deities.
>>
I like Rick and Morty' but this show is overrated. The only thing distancing it from family guy is that it's dark moments actually have emotional depth.
>>
>>89517545
Even Justin Roiland didn't like that episode from what I recall.
>>
Still say it would have been funnier if Rick acted as though he did believe in God. Like that was the one thing he couldn't be sure of, so he was covering his bases.

Figured that was the case at the end of the Xmas episode when he made a big deal out of it being Jesus' birthday.
>>
>>89518713
And then that emotional depth is completely forgotten and the status quo restored as if nothing had ever happened.
>>
>>89518713
that emotional depth is becoming more and more cliche with every episode
>>
>>89518713
>is that it's dark moments actually have emotional depth.
Nah
>>
>>89517543
Usually, militant atheists don't like to think in those terms. It's easier for them to reduce God to something patently because otherwise he's basically their C'thulhu.
>>
>>89517628
100% bullshit, New Atheists right now are right up there with Jehova's Witnesses. If they were numerous enough to actually affect the vote or just communities in general, they'd be like Mormons.
>>
>getting triggered by throwaway jokes

Remember when we made fun of others for this? Oh, wait, we still do.
>>
>>89517563
feminism.jpg
Also no one likes smug fucks on the internet.
>>
Let's just agree that fanaticism in general is cancer.
>>
>>89519368
agreed. political plurality is needed if humanity is to survive re-entry into the Hyper Wars.
>>
File: atheists.png (17KB, 373x330px) Image search: [Google]
atheists.png
17KB, 373x330px
>the earth is round, not flat. here's some evidence
ok

>the earth is millions of years old and prayer has no effect on reality. here's some evidence
you smug fedora fuck everyone hates your kind
>>
File: Strawman.jpg (91KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Strawman.jpg
91KB, 600x450px
>>89519442
>>
>>89519313
Hey, mormons are very fucking nice people. Naive and a bit exclusive, but very nice.
>>
>>89513341
Farewell. Your kind won't be missed. Y'know the kind who can't embrace the opinions of others without getting triggered and crying on a web forum.
>>
File: RFN0RjG.jpg (6KB, 164x216px) Image search: [Google]
RFN0RjG.jpg
6KB, 164x216px
>>
>>89517845
Can you please tell me the point of that board?
>>
>rick states god isnt real
>even though he is god of his own diamension
>even though mr.needful is the devil
>>
>>89513516
More like I stopped believing in God as I grew older and realized that believing Christianity makes little sense even when you ignore the scientific aspect of it. And honestly I'm not denying the possibility of god as much as I'm denying any existing human interpretation of it.
>>
>>89519272
The Christian god would be anyone's Cthulu if they actually paid attention to how fucked up the whole concept is.

>He creates you
>He knows the future
>He makes rules and expects you to follow them
If he knows the future when you're created by him he's essentially creating people he knows will fail. Think about that, in Christianity the people who don't follow God's will were created just to fail.
>>
>>89519907
Only real purpose I know of is that you can't make the same post more than once or you'll be banned for a short while.
>>
>>89519910
>even though he is god of his own diamension
Creating a dimension doesn't make you god or a god
He's not omniscient nor omnipotent, he's just really smart

He's no more god or a god of the dimension he was born in
>>
>>89520048
Quite a compelling argument. How will that anon ever recover?
>>
>>89518414
Like how fedoras misuse words like "logic" and "reason" all the time?
>>
>>89520010
>What is concupiscence
>>
>>89519907
>>89520027
Making meaningful new content is hard. It's much easier to blogpost and whine, because it's easy to fill up space that way until it's statistically insignificant that someone else will have made the exact same post before.

Trusting the autistic retard behind XKCD to dictate your site policy turned out to be a bad idea, who knew?
>>
>Goes on indefinite hiatus because dan harmon just wants to post on twitter all day while Roiland wants to get back to work.

Even the cosby show was more well written than community, just kick that fag off the show.
>>
>>89519991
Exactly this.

I'm really not saying that we don't have some energy or spirit in us.
Or that their may be a higher power.

But the human idea of it is corrupt and flawed beyond belief
>>
>>89513341
Ye of weak faith, so easily turned by others, shall endure eternal damnation for your transgressions against gods will.
Believing yourself to be saved is a devils lie, for no mortal can escape the ravenous clutches of sin.
You trust the hearts of man? You trust those around you to speak truths?
You, one so foolish, have been lead astray.

You may not heed my words, but that is of no consequence. Only the truly deserving must be seen through the gates of heaven, and those who tell internal lies must be condemned for their true nature.

Your finite existence will come to a harsh judgment, mark my words.
>>
>>89517758
Deciding to believe in a deity for philosophical reasons is retarded.
>>
File: UM_Librarian.png (1MB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
UM_Librarian.png
1MB, 600x800px
Praise His name or be branded heretics and feel the wrath of the Emperor ye dogs of heathen faith!!!!
>>
>>89517621
No, pretty uncool. Considered part of why the west is declining. Have some respect for your ancestors, Jesus is great. Study him not-so-much a specific denomination.
>>
>>89520658
>Considered part of why the west is declining

...by you. I think the West is perfectly fine.
>>
>>89520658
>the west is declining
Is this /pol/'s version of "Nintendo is dying" or "Marvel/DC is finished" or whatever other boards talk about?
>>
>>89513341
There is a God. Rick prays to him and acknowledges his existence. It's just that he has a major hate boner for father/authority figures and only does so when he needs divine intervention.
>>
>>89513516
>Deliberately going out of your way to be contrary to what's currently "cool" in some attempt to appear above it all
>IE the very definition of a hipster chasing after cool
Seems like it's still you, friend...
>>
Rick is supposed to be an immature, stunted cunt. That's the whole point of the show. He's not supposed to be idolized, he's fucking awful.
>>
>>89520658
>the west is declining
rofl
>>
>>89520793
BRAVO JUSTIN
BRAVO HARMON
>>
They kinda have hinted that the God of their universe is literally the viewers. Rick constantly trying to appease us with catch phrases and 4th wall segments. Honestly he's not wrong that God doesn't exist for him.
>>
>>89519768
It's not a strawman if it's true.
>>
File: 1454501982559.jpg (11KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1454501982559.jpg
11KB, 228x221px
>>89520679
>>89520691
>Amerifats are so oblivious to whats going on around them that they don't even notice the immigration crisis, the shootings, random acts of violence against the right, the manipulation of truth and bias from commercial media and the divide and conquer tactics being used by the elite to pit not only race but genders against each other.
Topkek, this is why america is my #1 reality show.
>>
File: unhand her dan backslide.jpg (42KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
unhand her dan backslide.jpg
42KB, 500x384px
>>89521358
>babbies thinking this is the first time shit is going down
>>
>>89521358
>implying

I'm from New Zealand, and let me explain something you ignorant cunt. The world has always been shitty, there have always been acts of violence, manipulation of the truth, racism, sexism etc etc whatever. Compared to times gone by, we're doing just fine. The only difference is that because of the rise of the internet and social media sites and forums (such as this), everything is sensationalised to a ridiculous degree, because our accessibilty to information of all the shittiness that is happening has become significantly easier. The world is not falling to pieces. The truth is, there are far less wars, less bigotry, less extreme poverty and more opportunities than there has ever been in history.

So, take your fear-mongering bullshit with you cos It's time to go back

>>>>>>/pol/
>>
>>89517563
It's not just Atheism. All other branches of Liberalism have become militant and elitist over the years.

>>89517628
Have YOU? Something tells that you're the of people that thinks religion = American Protestantism, so gives a free pass to other religions, especially if they're not "Western".
>>
File: 1485383968253.png (454KB, 500x767px) Image search: [Google]
1485383968253.png
454KB, 500x767px
>>89521444
>ROASTED this dude with the trips
Nice one
>>
>>89517864
Nobody hates asshole atheists. Dawkins was ever the popular idol and got millions of views on the Web by being a snarky, vindictive showman straight out of a Whedon series.

Until he turned his attention from Christianity and began criticizing Islam, at which point his popularity plummeted in a matter of days and was all but excommunicated from most atheist societies, revealing just what are the true colors of modern atheism.
>>
The point of the show is intellectualism is no cure for misery.
>>
File: 1485553465854.jpg (215KB, 1187x979px) Image search: [Google]
1485553465854.jpg
215KB, 1187x979px
>>89520058
except it does you fucking jizzrag

god made this place so it became god

does making a cake make you a baker? yes it does
>>
File: 1483332093003.png (192KB, 711x633px) Image search: [Google]
1483332093003.png
192KB, 711x633px
Well, nobody knows if god really does exist or not. But frankly, who gives a shit anyway? If he really is there then he put up on this god forsaken plane of existence. We might as well take a few liberties because we all gotta survive.
>>
>>89521444
>The world has always been shitty
>take your fear-mongering bullshit with you
I think you need to take your own advice m8.
>>
>>89518656
Philosophies based on love and altruism tends to attracts the same breed of aggressive, borderline bloodthirsty assholes looking for shortcuts to being called noble and kind by everyone around them. Just look at SJWs.

Also, tribalism isn't a construct; certainly not a recent one so as to imply it's a product of capitalism. It's human nature. People just DON'T like getting along.
>>
>>89521530
as someone who was a staunch atheist it absolutely fucking exists

its most likely not the god from any literature as they are corruptions of god

do you really think this all happened for no reason??

literally nothing in the world makes sense

light can change based on its being observed or not

nothing makes sense when you dive deep into physics
>>
>>89521568
For the record, I think the world's pretty alright (at least for me), but there's no denying it can be extremely shitty also, that's just part of it.
>>
>>89517365
>Even /v/ has managed to pick itself up and make of itself a half decent board at least.

Biggest fucking lie ever told on 4chan. Way to oust yourself as an underage cunt. /v/ has been getting progressively more and more worse ever since 2012 and it will never recover. It is in a freefall into a bottomless pit.
>>
>>89521936
Agreed. I was on /v/ about a week ago and tried to start a thread that was dare I say video game related and it got deleted before anyone could make a response meanwhile there was a thread that just had a pic of a girls vagoo that had nothing to do with games and was on the top page with at least 100 replies.
>>
>>89513341

>"I'm completely lacking in self-awareness and think Rick is actually supposed to represent a voice of reason and moral authority"

You do understand that Rick is a bad person and is meant to be understood to be a bad person, right?

Also, it's a comedy show, maybe consider removing the stick from your ass.
>>
>>89521589

>do you really think this all happened for no reason??

Why wouldn't it?

Reality isn't intuitive, why doesn't leaping to the conclusion that something you can't show to be real and have nothing to show exists make more sense than assuming that it all came about on it's own?
>>
>>89513341
I usually judge a cartoon by the quality of the drawing. Why don't you?
>>
>>89517969

Comics and Cartoons are, on average, FAR less legitimate than video games, it's much, more common for adults to play video games than for them to watch cartoons, especially if you count mobile shit.
>>
didn't rick start praying to god when he was about to die?
>>
>>89522251
It's happened more than once.
Some people call it Pascal's Wager, but every time he gets saved, he declines to correlate salvation to prayer and does not accept God into his heart.

See, the problem is that Rick's lived a long, and completely strange and sometimes horrible life, where he's experienced a lot, thanks to his dominion over science. He's the stereotypical super genius found in media, other that in most media, his level of mental decay has reached critical nihilism levels.

For him, if everything is explained, everything is rational, everything is logical and nothing else exists, then after death, all that remains is nothing. But if God exists outside of an scientifically observable state, then he, as a smart man, rationalizes Pascal's Wager as the only intellectually possible answer- hedging your bet.
>>
>>89522329
so he is on the fence? just in case if its true or untrue
>>
>>89520658
>Have some respect for your ancestors
>Jesus is great.
I don't see how these two things are related at all.
>>
File: tipping.jpg (25KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
tipping.jpg
25KB, 470x470px
>>89513476
>>
>>89517563
The internet grew up. So should you, fedora-tipper.
>>
>>89513341
It's just a front Rick puts up. He's not a real atheist as he starts praying hardcore when he's afraid, and also gets pissed when you don't act appropriately on Christmas.
>>
>>89513341
He's right though.

The only reason you can convince yourself that any god exists is because you are simply not very bright.

No God of any people exists, and there is equal evidence for the existence of all gods - None.

No singular religion can claim to have the intellectual advantage over another, because they are all based on lies.

I do not think religious organizations should be exempted from taxes.
>>
>>89521589
>the earth is millions of years old and prayer has no effect on reality.
PRAISE AZOTH!
>>
>>89523365
You sound so sure with no evidence yourself.

Also we live in a world of lies, justice, rights, freedom, mercy, cruelty, kindness, love. All lies, if you were to break down everything in existence, could you show me an atom of kindness or a molecule of freedom? I doubt it maybe God is a lie, but it's one I believe and by my action is it so, by my deed is it made truth, just like with all of the other lies that make up a man.
>>
>>89523712
Burden of proof my man.

I'm not the one making claims about invisible omnipresent beings that conceal their own machinations from all but the initiated.

The claims made by major religions are baseless, and do not warrant consideration, the claims of deists are slightly more respectable, but fall prey to the same folly; the folly of presuming that a thing not proven must be disproven.

I can claim that there is a small teapot on the dark side of the moon.

You have no means to empirically disprove this, though you can argue that it is improbable.

God is much the same; there is no sign of him anywhere.

There are no fingerprints on creation; science slowly lays it's operational mechanisms bare step by step.

Your last retreat is in the realms of mysticism and obscurantist mental gymnastics.

I challenge you here and now to prove to me that your God exists.

If you can reasonably do so beyond a shadow of a doubt I shall repent and embrace your interpretation of God.
>>
>>89523735
So much for pro-life god-wads eh?

You're just a man; there's no mark of the divine on your soul.
>>
I don't know, it's kind of fun.
It's not like there are any non-degenerate shows being made.
>>
Guy was begging to Jesus to save his life, while he was in the timeless oblivion. Also note the Christmas episode.
Rick is not "Atheist" per se, He just doo prideful and doesn't want to acknowledge higher authority, be it God, council or government
>>
>>89519991
>Christianity is the only religion there is
>>
>>89524127
They've all got an equally statistically anomalous chance of being correct because they're all based on the same arcane prognostications and mumbo jumbos.

And they're ALL cobbled together from bits of each other.

Christianity is basically a Judaeo-Zoroastrian faith, taking the messianic elements from Zoroaster, as well as a lot of the cosmological elements of a struggle between light and darkness from the Manicheans.

The anthropology of religion and magic is a seriously dope field by the way.
>>
>>89519368
No. Fanaticism, and especially religious fanaticism is the best.
>>
>>89524013
>I'm not the one making claims about invisible omnipresent beings that conceal their own machinations from all but the initiated.
But you are saying there isn't.
>The claims made by major religions are baseless, and do not warrant consideration, the claims of deists are slightly more respectable, but fall prey to the same folly; the folly of presuming that a thing not proven must be disproven.
They aren't baseless, you just don't believe them.
>I can claim that there is a small teapot on the dark side of the moon.
Yes you can, what kind of teapot?
>You have no means to empirically disprove this, though you can argue that it is improbable.
True, or I can just not believe you, like you do.
>God is much the same; there is no sign of him anywhere.
I would argue our existence is proof.
>There are no fingerprints on creation; science slowly lays it's operational mechanisms bare step by step.
Many of those individuals would disagree.
>Your last retreat is in the realms of mysticism and obscurantist mental gymnastics.
Much like what you're doing, citing science papers you've never read nor understand and making ridiculous claims based on analogies thought up by better men than yourself.
>I challenge you here and now to prove to me that your God exists.
You don't find God by some loser on a mongolian basket weaving forum, you g out and find God, other than that all you'll get out of me is, the Christian God is the one true faith.
>If you can reasonably do so beyond a shadow of a doubt I shall repent and embrace your interpretation of God.
What you ask is impossible as the answers you're asking for can not at this time cannot be measured or understood by any tool or equation other than yourself.
>>
>>89524198
It sure does bring down the house.
>>
>>89524127

Christianity is the only relevant religion in the West

The only reason someone would reject Christianity and not reject every other religion is if they only rejected Christianity for a shitty reason (i.e. "My parents are Christian and I want to rebel against them")

In terms of actual substantive flaws all religions suffer from the same problem, namely that there is literally nothing to show the to be true other than tummy feels and people telling you about their tummy feels.
>>
>>89524203
Still waiting on that proof reverend.

Where is this proof I'm denying?

Show me it.
>>
File: Implications_everywhere.jpg (50KB, 481x300px) Image search: [Google]
Implications_everywhere.jpg
50KB, 481x300px
>>89524034
>pic.
>>89524013
(not same anon)
>Burden of proof my man.

>I'm not the one making claims about the non-existence of invisible omnipresent beings that conceal their own machinations from all but the initiated.

>The claims made by major atheists are baseless, and do not warrant consideration, the claims of scientists are slightly more respectable, but fall prey to the same folly; the folly of presuming that a thing not proven must be disproven.

>I can claim that there is no life after death.

>You have no means to empirically disprove this, though you can argue that it is improbable.

>Inexistence of God is much the same; there is no sign of it anywhere.

>There are no fingerprints on Evolution; science slowly lays it's operational mechanisms bare step by step.

also, i know logic, i just show your fallacious thinking, i can give you proof of the existence of god, but i'm not in the mood right now, maybe later...
>>
>>89524229
>Still waiting on that proof reverend.
You've got to find it.
>Where is this proof I'm denying?
All around you, you have a world to explore, a soul to search and thanks to the labor of untold priests plenty of religious texts to read through and meditate on.
>Show me it.
I can't show you anything as one man's proof is another man's mundane reason.
>>
>>89524263
I present you with your terms of surrender.

You will capitulate all your Jesus to me, and take down any religious themed web domains you are currently hosting.

After this you shall write an apology on your naked ass in sharpie, then insert sharpie in pooper.

Pics should be posted by 6 pm GMT tonight.
>>
>>89524221
>there is literally nothing to show the to be true

You do understand that empirical arguments are not the only kind of arguments there are, right?
>>
>>89524203

>But you are saying there isn't

Nope, we're saying that we don't BELIEVE there is because there's no reason to believe it.

>I would argue our existence is proof.

How?

The fact that we exist is proof of one thing, that we exist.

Our mere existence tells us absolutely nothing about how we began to exist.

>Many of those individuals would disagree.

These people "Feeling" that God exists isn't any kind of proof, people "feel" that all sorts of shit is true, not to mention that people from competing, mutually exclusionary religions have the same kinds of "This just HAS to be true" tummy feels and they can't all be right.

>You don't find God by some loser on a mongolian basket weaving forum, you go out and find God

So what you're saying is that you in fact cannot argue for your religion in any kind of evidence based manner, people just have to sit around and wait until they get the same kinds of "feelings" that God is real that you have.
>>
>>89524284
You got nothing fuckboy.

If you knew what you were talking about you'd be able to speak, not make stuttering excuses like an idiot who's been caught short.

You have no excuse for believing what you believe other than ignorance, or perhaps fear.

You don't even cover your own shameful ignorance by knowing to keep silent.
>>
I'm orthodox Christian and I enjoy the show. What's the problem?
>>
When is season 3 Justin you faggot, stop shitposting here and get to writing/whipping the animator slaves.
>>
>>89524362
The problem is liberalism, as always.
>>
>>89513557
Much like his position on everything.

Rick literally doesn't give a shit. All his opinions are effectively arbitrary and dictated entirely by circumstance (And how much that opinion would allow him to mock everyone else) because he doesn't have a working moral or ethical code because he doesn't really believe in morality or ethics.
>>
File: Zeno.png (211KB, 297x523px) Image search: [Google]
Zeno.png
211KB, 297x523px
This thread is annoying.
>>
>>89524342

If the God you believe in has had ANY kind of influence on the physical, material world, which most Christians certainly believe, then his existence is an empirical claim and must be empirically proven.

You can do all the sophistic, meta-physical arguments for God you want, but if he has actually DONE anything then you also need to prove him empirically.
>>
>>89524362
Intellectual dishonesty.

The concept of "faith" itself
>>
>>89513341
They literally showcase the concept of God in several episodes anon and they also make it clear Rick is kinda fucked up and depressed.
>>
>>89524347
>Nope, we're saying that we don't BELIEVE there is because there's no reason to believe it.
Nice try, I'm saying you don't believe, you outright reject the concept.
>How?
Because the conditions of our existence lie within the realm of such slim probability that divine powers must be at work.
>These people "Feeling" that God exists isn't any kind of proof, people "feel" that all sorts of shit is true, not to mention that people from competing, mutually exclusionary religions have the same kinds of "This just HAS to be true" tummy feels and they can't all be right.
And people "feeling" that God doesn't exist isn't any confirmation either, and we're not talking about other religions that you are a part nor do you believe in.
>So what you're saying is that you in fact cannot argue for your religion in any kind of evidence based manner, people just have to sit around and wait until they get the same kinds of "feelings" that God is real that you have.
No you have to go out and find God.
Also you can't argue your position any better so don't act so smug.
>>
File: Jodorowsky Screaming Planet.jpg (1MB, 1196x1834px) Image search: [Google]
Jodorowsky Screaming Planet.jpg
1MB, 1196x1834px
>>89524442
Word!
>>
>>89524361
>You got nothing fuckboy.
That makes two of us.
>If you knew what you were talking about you'd be able to speak, not make stuttering excuses like an idiot who's been caught short.
And you wouldn't parrot things you don't understand thinking you'll catch me in some "gotcha" moment.
>You have no excuse for believing what you believe other than ignorance, or perhaps fear.
Wow, interesting assertions, also I don't need an excuse.
>You don't even cover your own shameful ignorance by knowing to keep silent.
My my, the arrogance can be felt from here.
>>
>>89524442
I would argue we don't have the tools or the ability, radiation has always existed but we didn't comprehend it nor were we able to measure it until recently.
>>
ITT:
>You must believe until you prove it wrong beyond doubt!

I got a teapot orbiting jupiter to sell to anyone making this stupid argument.
>>
>>89524480
You failed nigga.

You haven't made a single statement about what you believe in and why because you're scared and stupid.

I do not believe that there is a god, I do not believe that religious people's views should be accorded open respect, especially not when privately considered stupid, and I do not believe that religious organizations should be allowed to collect money from their memberships without being taxed as a business.

I am going to go out into the world and convince as many people as I can that this is right, because I believe it to be so.

And because I can articulate what and why I believe what I do, I reckon I'll convince more people than you.
>>
>>89524592
>You failed nigga.
k
>You haven't made a single statement about what you believe in and why because you're scared and stupid.
I believe in the Christian God for my own reasons, neither of which factor into my courage or my intelligence.
>I do not believe that there is a god
Good for you.
> I do not believe that religious people's views should be accorded open respect, especially not when privately considered stupid
Good luck finding a totally non-religious people.
>nd I do not believe that religious organizations should be allowed to collect money from their memberships without being taxed as a business.
Good luck when they aren't businesses.
>And because I can articulate what and why I believe what I do, I reckon I'll convince more people than you.
I'm no orator, but at least I'm not a self important fool.
>>
>>89524725
Churches are wealthy organizations friend.

Any wealth generation mechanism is a business of a sort, and your tax exemption is anomalous and questionable, especially considering we tax psychic hotlines and tarot card parlours.

You still haven't told me why you believe in God other than some implicit personal bias.

What little this tells me about you personally is not particularly favourable; it speaks of an irrational character and a distain for the bare facts of nature.

I can see why Stalin put you chaps in the gulag frankly, it's a more time efficient method of processing you out of society than convincing you of what's in front of your own face.
>>
>>89524454

>Nice try, I'm saying you don't believe, you outright reject the concept

If you're gonna go "I don't believe what you're saying about your own feelings and beliefs" then there is no point in arguing with you, you will just assume that anything I say is dishonest weasel-talk because I hate God or some shit

If you're not willing to have an actual conversation then why are you bothering with this charade? You've already decided that I'm a lying liar that lies

>Because the conditions of our existence lie within the realm of such slim probability that divine powers must be at work

You have literally nothing to support that. You're just spouting shit that sounds logical in your head

Your feelings that our existence is improbable are just that, feelings, they mean nothing. You're just stating, with no support, that things HAVE to work in a way that conveniently supports your position

For all we actually know our existence could be a statistical certainty. The correct thing to say here is "I don't know"

>And people "feeling" that God doesn't exist isn't any confirmation either

Do you actually understand the difference between a positive and a negative claim?

I don't have to disprove every idea anyone presents to me if they have nothing to support it, that's not how an argument works, it is impossible to prove a negative

If someone claims that Reindeer can fly it is quite literally impossible for me to prove them wrong, even if I pushed every reindeer in the world off a cliff they could still just say that the Reindeer didn't want to fly or that some other circumstance made them unable to fly in that instance

>No you have to go out and find God

Okay so I have to walk around a lot until I have the same feelings that you do?

No, let's be honest, what you mean by "Go out and find God" is that my opinions are meaningless to you unless I WANT God to exist, as if WANTING something to be true makes you more honest about finding it and not the exact opposite
>>
>>89513341
>4chan has become so contrarian that theism is now "in"

Can we get out of this meme phase please? Can we contrarian ourselves back to reality?
>>
>>89524830
Nah, God Wads just whine loudest.

I don't really blame them when the encroaching modern world presents new existential threats to the religious character on an almost hourly basis.
>>
>>89513341
season 3 when?
>>
File: nostoppingtheawesome.jpg (160KB, 1386x1072px) Image search: [Google]
nostoppingtheawesome.jpg
160KB, 1386x1072px
>>89513497
>>
>>89524725
In every job I've ever worked, I've met plenty people who were non-spiritual. It's not difficult, you just don't shove religion in people's faces and they come to you.

Churches are businesses. They provide the service of spiritual counseling and demand compensation, 10% of your income or no heaven, that is the definition of a business. Sorry you're too caught up in cult think to think for yourself.

>at least I'm not a self important fool.
The concept of afterlife exists because people have such huge egos they can hardly imagine life without them. The belief in religion, in afterlife, in a god who cares about you no matter what, is Self-importance.
>>
>>89524782
>Churches are wealthy organizations friend.
Yes and? Those churches must be maintained,not to mention the charities they run.
>
Any wealth generation mechanism is a business of a sort, and your tax exemption is anomalous and questionable, especially considering we tax psychic hotlines and tarot card parlours.
They sell a service, a church does not.
>You still haven't told me why you believe in God other than some implicit personal bias.
Because I came to that conclusion over a period of self reflection. It's not complex.
>
What little this tells me about you personally is not particularly favourable; it speaks of an irrational character and a distain for the bare facts of nature.
Anything with free will is irrational, and most people disdain the bare facts of nature.
>
I can see why Stalin put you chaps in the gulag frankly, it's a more time efficient method of processing you out of society than convincing you of what's in front of your own face.
Have you heard the analogy of the blind men seeing the elephant?
>>
>>89524725
Not that bloke, but I always did consider religion to be a sort of crutch for people deathly afraid of the idea of a self-determined universe, and so simply deny themselves the ability to think about it.

But if you've faced the absurd and come through with your belief systems intact, I can't rightly call that cowardice, so more power to you.

Ultimately, all human experience is based on faith anyway.
>>
>>89524802
>If you're not willing to have an actual conversation then why are you bothering with this charade? You've already decided that I'm a lying liar that lies
No, you're just an atheist with a fetish for rooting out spiritualism to revel in the confusion of those with a weak faith.
>For all we actually know our existence could be a statistical certainty.
Actually that was a driving factor, have you ever thought of the chances that things would go as they had?
>The correct thing to say here is "I don't know"
He says while confirming there is no God.
>Do you actually understand the difference between a positive and a negative claim?
Do you understand the concept of human perception?
>Okay so I have to walk around a lot until I have the same feelings that you do?
You'll never have the same feelings I do.
But more or less it will help, a neutral outlook even more so.
>>
>>89525064
>have you ever thought of the chances that things would go as they had?
Please, share your calculations with the class that shows that life without god is more improbable than the existance of god.
>>
>>89524973
>I've met plenty people who were non-spiritual.
The non-spiritual and non-religious are not one in the same.
>They provide the service of spiritual counseling and demand compensation, 10% of your income or no heaven, that is the definition of a business.
Except they don't demand anything nor do they withhold salvation for a price.
>The belief in religion, in afterlife, in a god who cares about you no matter what, is Self-importance.
Perhaps some do.
>>
>>89524998
>but I always did consider religion to be a sort of crutch for people deathly afraid of the idea of a self-determined universe, and so simply deny themselves the ability to think about it.
How do you mean? That actions have consequences or that everything is planned?
>>
>>89525101
>Please, share your calculations with the class that shows that life without god is more improbable than the existance of god.
Oh no I mean of existence, if the odds of winning the lotto are what they are then I'd hate to do the math for the factors into human existence.
>>
>>89519907
Originally it was /b/ without reposts, so it'd promote OC and discussion.
But then it got hijacked into being the blogposting feels board for foreveralone faggots, got axed, and then brought back as a containment board.
Honestly /tv/, /v/, and /pol/ are in the running for worst boards along with it.
>>
>>89525064

>No, you're just an atheist with a fetish for rooting out spiritualism to revel in the confusion of those with a weak faith.

>No, you're just an atheist with a fetish for rooting out spiritualism to revel in the confusion of those with a weak faith.

So like I said, you've already assumed that I'm a lying liar what lies and you aren't willing to listen to anything I say because you assume malice behind every word.

Gotcha, I wish you would have clarified earlier that you were only having this conversation as a way to masturbate for a bit.
>>
>>89524443
Take your shitty dishonesty meme back to /tv/.
>>
>>89524982
Your self-reflection must have fruited some sort of conclusion for you to draw out the idea that God exists.

And was do you actually mean by self reflection?

Logical?
Metaphysical?
Mathematical?
Hallucinogenic?
And no, don't rule that last one out, LSD is a pretty effective simulator for religious euphoria.
>>
>>89525199
>So like I said, you've already assumed that I'm a lying liar what lies and you aren't willing to listen to anything I say because you assume malice behind every word.
I never thought you lied, but I do think you're malicious.
>>
>>89525212
Mostly logical and metaphysical.
>>
>>89525208
I am sad to say I have never been there.

And that my accusation of intellectual dishonesty is grounded in observation.

There is no argument, no lynchpin to the faithful's claims.

We demand substance, not vague assertions that your ideas are right.

WHY are you right?

Articulate to me what possible reason you have for believing in Jesus Christ rather than Mithras or Indra besides accident of birth?
>>
>>89525139
Well show me the math, tally up the factors for human existance without god and the factors for the probability of gods existance.
>>
>>89525267
>Well show me the math, tally up the factors for human existance without god and the factors for the probability of gods existance.
Hell no, I was never good with numbers to begin with.
>>
>>89525285
so how did you reach the conclusion that gods existence is the most probable cause here?
>>
Atheists are a fucking cancer, honestly.

There's a difference between 'I am not religious and don't believe in God, but if you do, go for it, do your thing, I'm not gonna bitch and force you to believe what I believe in' and the OP.

Not only that, a good amount of atheists are essentially the Islam of non-religious folks. They parade around screaming in the faces of religious people (particularly Christians, because the only society having this debate is the US).

See this kike atheist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avep_1vbUOA
>>
>>89525252
And those conclusions were?

Bear in mind that Metaphysics is some krunked up shit and nobody agrees on anything, so it's pretty up in the air.

What's your starting point here?

In order to make conclusions of this sort of nature we need to establish a common fact which can be agreed upon, and which can be observed to interact with the disputed phenomenon.
>>
>>89525365
just ask your god to get rid of them
>>
>>89525337
Nothing else made sense.
>>89525368
The conclusions were that life is complicated.

My starting point was I was but a young organism on a rock and went from there.
>>
>>89525365

>'I am not religious and don't believe in God, but if you do, go for it, do your thing, I'm not gonna bitch and force you to believe what I believe in'

This attitude isn't particularly useful in a country where Christians are massively powerful political bloc that are constantly pushing their shit on everyone else virtually unchallenged by sheer weight of numbers.

Modern Atheists are literally just doing what Christians have been doing unopposed for the entire history of the US up until the mid-20th century.

Christians are still 80+% of the US population and yet you actually have the fucking gall to pretend that Atheists are someone wounding the poor persecuted Christfags through a tiny bit of backlash.
>>
>>89525412
>Nothing else made sense.
I think i'll use this one the next time i publish, "the p-value should be pretty low since nothing else made sense to me". Much easier than actually doing any work.
>>
>>89525365
Yeah, he's a cunt.

Thing about Atheists is we're not an affiliation group as a whole.

Sure, there are Atheist affiliation groups, but they're just clannish dickheads.

If you're living in a country where secular information isn't being suppressed you don't really need to club together to prove how not into something you are.

I do however believe there is merit in promoting secular thought and unravelling the misconceptions at the heart of popular superstition.

How the fuck else are we supposed to stop ooga boogas from cutting their little girls bits off, or nutty Muslim feckers from gladly killing and dying in the tens of thousands for a strip of oily sand?

Or at least fuck off the flat earthers and young earth creationists forver?
>>
>>89513341
And in the opener for season 2, Rick desperately apologizes to God and prays that his grandkids will be OK. Rick believes in God, he just thinks he's too cool to admit it.
>>
>>89525412
because "a wizard did it" makes so much more sense, right?
>>
>>89525462
>Much easier than actually doing any work.
Is that what you call what you've been doing?
>>
>>89525532
>because "a wizard did it" makes so much more sense, right?
Of course not, how on earth did you get 'wizard' out of that?
>>
>>89525394
Don't have one, I'm an Orthodox Christian. I'm in it for the food and the music and the fun with my community.

>>89525460
No, they aren't 80+%, you should really read some statistics on the matter. Next: muh 'Christians have a persecution complex' meme, literally echoed by that faggot.

Meanwhile, in the beginning of your very post: 'waaaaah Christians are a political bloc pushing their shit on me, I'm so persecuted.'

Shove it, mate. Christians are a political bloc as much as anything else, the government gets lobbied by everyone, at least that's a lobby of beliefs of a fair number of people, versus a lobby of a corporation or wall street. I would take the Christian lobby or any religious lobby over banking and (((international corporations))).

Stop pretending you're so oppressed, go to any university and you'll find that your beliefs are more than validated, but are encouraged in the mainstream here.

>>89525469
I agree with you, lad. Secularism is healthy, the US is a secular country, and the entire West is. Bible literalists in the US aren't exactly a brilliant group, either. I just don't care for atheists in the US who are just Christian-haters because of a weird 'I must rebel against my daddy' thing.
>>
File: 1482716341824.jpg (135KB, 310x281px) Image search: [Google]
1482716341824.jpg
135KB, 310x281px
>>89524099
Only good post in this thread.
>tfw you'll never go back december 2013/early 2014 when rick & morty still flew under the radar of normies and shitposters and the threads were great
>>
>>89525560
God in the Christian understanding is a Wizard. It's only in Christians defending God to modern science do you get Modern Creationism, where god organized the big bang, focused on a spec in the universe and created all life- which exists nowhere else in the entire universe-, while also creating a whole other plane of reality that is heaven and hell.
>>
>>89521358
Thanks RussiaToday
>>
>>89525542
you see to get published in a scientific journal you actually have to conduct experiments that show your hypothesis to be much more probable than the null hypothesis, that takes quite some work. But here when it comes to absolutely huge claims like our origins being caused by an omnipotent being, i should accept that based on "nothing else made sense"?
>>
File: yhllowitnlvx.jpg (83KB, 814x960px) Image search: [Google]
yhllowitnlvx.jpg
83KB, 814x960px
>>89525658
Hillary please go
>>
>gods then
>control time, space and the forces of nature
>can smite you for misbehavin
>actually did stuff

>gods now
>"work" in mysterious ways
>actually do nothing

what the fuck happened?
>>
>>89525581
>Orthodox Christian
>literally the meme-denomination for larpers
>>
>>89525747
yeah it's kinda wierd how everything supernatural started happening less and less as humanity started keeping more and more records about reality around them. Maybe god, the yeti, ghosts, etc just really don't want to have their picture taken?
>>
>>89525412
Well man, we're both organisms on this rock.

We've both come to pretty radically different conclusions too.

Mine haven't necessarily been the easiest to live with, I mean I used to stay up all night when I was a kid wondering if I'd just die in my sleep for no reason, because for sure there was a time when you and me first found out that could happen, and that people could for no apparent reason just die, and that was that.

My parents were pretty wibbly wobbly on religion, I had the Bible, assorted illustrated stories from the old and new testament, even went to a church school for a while, I remember making Christingles out of oranges.

But it was always rather strange to me, I didn't take to the idea of an omnipresent God watching over me and everyone else.

Near as I could tell he wasn't doing an adequate job, specially for an alleged superbeing.

That didn't send me into some sort of rage against the idea of God or Christianity in particular, I mean, it's a part of my cultural makeup, I still say "Jesus Christ" when I'm surprised and "God Damn" basically whenever the need occurs.

But I sorta got over the existential dread after a while.

Didn't happen over night, but the truth is that the human being is a remarkably adaptable creature.

You can learn to live knowing that it all means nothing as long as you know what it is you want to do for it's own sake.

A life is not an object, but a phenomenon, like a flame.
It's lit, and it burns a while, and then it goes out.

Where does the flame go when it goes out?
Where does a man's soul go when he dies?
>>
>>89525727
You're very gullible, friend.

/sci/fag IRL here (physics). The amount of pseudo-scientific trash that gets through publication in journals (especially in psychology, environmental/atmospheric sciences, (((sociology))), and even neuroscience) is baffling. Bad methodologies, bad data, confirmation bias and reinterpretation of data based on opinions.

You naively believe scientists to be free of the faults and follies of men, but unfortunately, they aren't. Things get by very frequently.

>>89525775
My parents were, too. And their parents. It's because my family came from Armenia. I didn't convert to it for no reason or something.

And yes, I agree: if you aren't of the ethnicity affiliated with the specific denomination of Orthodoxy (Russian, Armenian, Romanian, Srbjian, Greek, etc.) you're a LARPer.
>>
>>89525747
because research and technological progress is the accepted way of life and understanding of our world.

All that's left is the fear of death. At least for me, faith and spirituality helps assuage that fear and place more positive outlook on my daily life.

Long after we're dead, rich folks will be able to afford immortality, and eventually, there will be no need to pray to an unknown/unseen god.
>>
>>89525831
>The amount of pseudo-scientific trash that gets through publication in journals
>especially in psychology

psychology IS pseudo-scientific trash
what did you expect
>>
>>89525831
>You naively believe scientists to be free of the faults and follies of men, but unfortunately, they aren't. Things get by very frequently.
I never made the argument that science is flawless, never even fucking implied it. I said that he couldn't even begin to meet his burden of proof which has nothing to with anything you wrote.

That stuff gets published without being true doesn't mean that a claim made without any evidence should be believed.

>/sci/fag IRL here (physics).
considering just how poor your reading comprehension is, i have doubts.
>>
>>89525831
>scientists to be free of faults and follies

Sure, they're human. But they've got a methodology that's self correcting for its faults and follies. So while occasionally bad papers get through, they can also get retracted.

Check another one skeptical of your credentials. You even bringing up pseudoscience and environmental sciences in the same sentence makes me think you're probably a global warming denialist.
>>
>>89513497
underrated af post
>>
File: GG Allin.jpg (86KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
GG Allin.jpg
86KB, 720x720px
>this thread
>pic related
>>
>>89526189
Damn it, anon, for the love of God, don't use that fucking movie for trying to prove an argument
>>
>>89526189
Now replace the word "god" with Santa Claus.
>>
>>89513341
I have some Christian conservative family that love the show. Rick is smart, but he's a huge asshole and he's been wrong before. Then there's the part where he prays, but then rolls it all back. The mass appeal of the show is ridiculous.
>>
File: God's not dead.jpg (170KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
God's not dead.jpg
170KB, 900x675px
>>89526189
>your post
>pic related
>>
>all those gimme proofs posts
you do realise that entire math is based on faith (axioms) of several aspects, right?
EX: you cant measure a point, technically, it doesn't exists, it's measureless. Yet entire Geometry is based on the axiom, that point exist and it creates lines, that creates planes, etc.
>>
>>89513341
I'm not a believer of any religion, but the mythological aspect of any religion is pretty fucking neat.
>>
>>89526066
I said it gets through in that field, because it's become politicised particularly. I didn't say climate change isn't occurring, but a lot of the data and a good number of published papers out there were extremely false, close to being completely made-up. The extent to which humans are impacting it is a debate and some good papers do exist about it, but a lot of bad ones exist as well, on both sides.

Remember: climate change 'denialism' is a legitimate position within the discipline of environmental science, as is climate change 'acceptism.' There's a lot of money in clickbait science, especially in that field right now.

And a lot of bad papers make it through and don't actually get retracted. I've read some that have stayed the test of time.

>>89525945
I was just having fun chit-chatting about the limitations of research, you don't need to get so defensive.

>>89525938
I like you quite a bit, at least you're having fun.
>>
>>89526259
>Born Jesus Christ Allin
>Truly died for our sins
GG Allin is proof that God DOES exist.
>>
>>89526295
Woo Anthropology!

Word up my nizzle!
>>
>>89526302
>Climage change denialism is a legitimate position in environmental science

Right. Sort of how like holocaust denial is a legitimate position in history.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.
>>
>>89524503

and it will be the athiest scientists who prove that a higher being exists. Not the plethora of 'christian-science' conmen. Thanks for nothing, chrishitians.
>>
>>89513341
wait till you get to the wage gap episode
>>
>>89526975
Nah, I think that's holding out for a logical fallacy.

You can't disprove it either though because it's a baseless claim made by wishful thinkers.

Like all things you just have to wait for it to go out of fashion.
>>
I can't believe being Christianity has surpassed both atheism and agnosticism for the obnoxious "intellectual" counter-culture tard title. Really came out of left field.
>>
I can never tell if these theists are just baiting atheists, or if they're really this contrarian.
>>
>>89527190
4chan is a magical place which distills popular dissent before it hits the mainstream.

The Christian Right is about to make an ungainly shambling comeback.

Dialectics man, it's the natural response to faux-centrist globalist leftism; a violent antipathic reaction.

Eventually the balance will be found again, but some other issue will arise.
>>
>>89527190
Just as dense as the traditionalists rebelling against their fellow sexually liberal millennials to feel superior.
>>
>>89527256

>it's the natural response to faux-centrist globalist leftism; a violent antipathic reaction.

For fuck's sake no.

Can't people just be normal in the head.

We don't need this.
>>
>>89527256
The religious right has become Trumps puppet, he used you to get elected.
>>
>>89527470
Haha

No
>>
Reddit and Memey
>>
>>89521358

>random acts of violence against the right
>against the right
>against

You know you're right, I think Jo Cox was talking about it the other day

Oh wait.

Well, at least with improved responses from the £350 million we're getting for the NHS may prevent tha

Oh wait, no, that's not right either.

Well at least russia has withdrawn from Ukraine as part of Donnie's masterful diplomacy

Oh wow, that's not happening either. Would you look at that?

>>89520793
>>89520853

To be fair, it's not their fault that assholes latch onto small details, and then paint that as the premise of the show.

I'm still getting bullshit on why SU is trying to destroy the world with the power of interracial tribbing on this fucking board, even though it has the best male characters of an airing show.
>>
>>89524967
The people in the pic are hard to impress.
>>
>>89526276
you know math doesn't make claims about reality right? it's an internally consistent system that's useful to describe other things, but it doesn't say anything about reality and therefore faith doesn't factor into it.
>>
>>89527256

>The Christian Right

Read a book fool, preferably a history one or the New Testament. And no, not just the parts about blood and fire, leave that for fappy time 'kay. That shit does not go down well in history.

>>89526276

They don't want proof, they just don't want you to be so smug about doing things because mister omnipotence tells you to, rather than out the goodness of your own heart.

>inb4 goodness doesn't exist

Then why do you believe in god?

>>89526189

This shit is literally where the flying spaghetti monster theorem comes from, you know that right?
>>
>>89526189
These movies ruined Kevin Sorbo & Melissa Joan Hart for me. Fuck them.
>>
>>89529170

>Well at least russia has withdrawn from Ukraine as part of Donnie's masterful diplomacy

Crimea has been Russian for forever and was just given to the Ukraine by a Ukrainian SovietPresident who thought the SovietUnion would persist, making it a meaningless act.

It is by all means culturally and historically russian, and even western pollsters agree that yeah, the population of Crimea would rather be a part of Russia then the most corrupt and failed nation in Europe.

Its incredible how people unconditionally support the Maidan protestors, but ignore completely that the east of ukraine and especially crimea voted heavily for the President that was pushed out of office by the protestors. What about their Votes? they have been made invalid by Kiev protestors by violence. So they responded in kind.
>>
>>89529302
>The Christian Right

The bible belt are red states. This isn't anything new.
>>
>>89527828

The religious right has been puppets for decades.

Last time it was Neocons, now it's Trump, nothing has changed in that regard
>>
>>89529380

I gues Blacks are puppets then too?

>Group votes for party pandering to them
>This means they are puppets
>>
>>89529342
>the population of Crimea would rather be a part of Russia
This is actually the only thing i care about when it comes to issues like this, like with the falklands it's all about what the population that lives there wants.

Has there been a survey, vote, or something in Crimea recently about this?
>>
>>89529433
They didn't really vote for Hillary.
>>
Anyone have that pic of the two Rick and Morty girls feet?
>>
>>89529444

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Crimea

I mean, its 60% russians

And despite one outlier most polls seem to show that Crimeans rather not be part of Ukraine after the revolt
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_status_referendum,_2014#Polling
>>
File: 136159136523.png (173KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
136159136523.png
173KB, 640x400px
>>89513497
>>
>>89513341
Rick has the best one-liners ever. OP's quote being one of them.

>I'm not the nicest person in the universe because I'm the smartest. And being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets.
>>
>>89517067
You mean like now how he's in prison for "Everything"?
>>
You can't test godliness with an instrument or indirect measurement technique.

Until you can, I'll continue to find the theory of God's existence utter bollocks.

Show me the proofs, and I'll pray with you guys every Sunday.
>>
>>89520010
>>He creates you
Yup.
>>He knows the future
He knows the now.
>>He makes rules and expects you to follow them
He hopes you would but expects nothing.
>>
File: IMG_0715.jpg (84KB, 700x693px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0715.jpg
84KB, 700x693px
>>89513341
You cant have a show like R&M be popular without the majority of watchers at least partially accepting religion is a hoax. Thats not to say religous people can't enjoy it either. The problem with R&M is how smug it is about realizing there is no God while within a show where the majority of the cast thats not Rick or human is some space alien. Also with how often it's used as a partial plot device.
>>
>>89517969
let me posit an alternative hypothesis
>/co/, /v/, /tv/ - popular boards
>/lit/, /his/, /ic/ - less popular boards
>more people -> more loud obnoxious idiots, more shitposting
>>
>>89513497
Worst part is some fucknut probably uses that seriously.
>>
>>89517969
I can tell you've never browsed /his/ or /ic/
>>
>>89522329
>>89522426
I mean Satan exists. There was a whole episode with him. His granddaughter got conned by him. Rick even ran an entire anti-curse deal.
>>
>>89529433

>I gues Blacks are puppets then too?

Pretty much.

Like the religious right they're blatantly being used for political ends by people that don't give a toss about their interests.

Like the religious right they are completely unaware that someone has an arm up their ass all the way to the elbow.

Try watching some CSPAN when they have callers, the amount of old ladies that call in talking about how Trump will be a great president because he's a "True godly family man" is staggering.
>>
>>89527470
It IS normal - the previous wave was an overreaction still being felt from the looming shadow of WWII, but we're stepping out of that now

.>>89527828
Not me, I'm an Atheist Brit.

I just see how the worm turns from street level, here and there.

I talk to people, and people don't talk like they used to.

Ehoch Powell's ghost walks.
>>
>>89533740
Enoch*, fucking inebriated typistry.
>>
>>89513497
This made me chuckle and then pretty depressed that there are probably tons people out there right now who actually think like this.
>>
Shallow intellectualism makes up like 5% of Rick and Morty.

If you don't like Rick and Morty for that reason and that reason alone, then you suffer from aspergers. Everybody else gets over it by rolling their eyes at the uncommon scenes.
>>
>>89529433
Yes, they are.
Thread posts: 283
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.