[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Alex Hirsch, Patrick McHale, Pendleton Ward, and J.G. Quintel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 10

File: puns.jpg (152KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
puns.jpg
152KB, 1024x768px
>Alex Hirsch, Patrick McHale, Pendleton Ward, and J.G. Quintel worked on Flapjack who went on to create Gravity Falls, Over the Garden Wall, Adventure Time, and Regular Show, respectively
>All of which /co/ seemed to have a good response to

What was the response to Misadventures of Flapjack. All I hear is either people saying "Its ok" or people regurgitating what that tard Mr Enter said going "Its ugly so its a bad show"
>>
it was fucking great. the only one of those kids cartoons i thought was worth watching desu.

seems hard to find online nowadays which is weird
>>
>>89512635
In the beginning it was great and all about adventures. Then in the second season and onward, it was more of the "Capt. K'Nuckles' life sucks show". They really lost the drive of the series and the focus was no longer on Flapjack or finding Candy Island.
>>
>>89512672
I actually just finished the Second Season. It did kinda because "Look at how terrible K'Nuckles is, lets all laugh at his humiliation!" but some of the jokes where so good I didnt mind some of the throw away episodes.

still, it really did feel like a more depressing grunkle stan.
>>
It doesn't hold up compared to other flagship CN shows. For what it's worth I thought it was the better of the two between it and Chowder which ran simultaneously, but that was the same time they were doing CN real which is easily the worst era of cartoon network history.
>>
>>89512635
Too many good cooks spoil the broth.

It's just all right.
>>
File: md.gif (461KB, 335x219px) Image search: [Google]
md.gif
461KB, 335x219px
>>89512635
>has best girls in it.
>/co/ doesnt like them because they are mature ladies not little kids.
>>
>>89512672
We only got the first season each of Flapjack and Chowder here, and people seem to say the same thing about the later. I thought they were both fantastic and still two of the best CN shows to date, but I suppose that could change if I ever get around to finishing them.
>>
I liked it a lot but haven't watched in a while. It had tons of charm.

People who shit on it for being ugly are plebs, the distinct look of it is one of the best parts of the show.
>>
File: Filled Request.png (562KB, 1000x755px) Image search: [Google]
Filled Request.png
562KB, 1000x755px
>>89513243
Candy Wife is still best girl.
>>
File: lolly_poopdeck_by_thurop.jpg (112KB, 900x810px) Image search: [Google]
lolly_poopdeck_by_thurop.jpg
112KB, 900x810px
>>89513361
Thats not how you spell 'Lolly Poopdeck'
>>
>>89512635

I loved it. It's almost pure fucking good all the way through.
>>
File: 1214440767752.jpg (16KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1214440767752.jpg
16KB, 512x384px
>>89513243
But I do love Best Girl.
>>
>>89512635
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWW
>>
It was well-received on /co/ for the most part. I remember a lot of reaction images and Candy Wife threads when it was airing, but even back then episodic comedy series didn't spark a whole of discussion.
>>
File: qut.jpg (22KB, 180x212px) Image search: [Google]
qut.jpg
22KB, 180x212px
>>89513638
Thats not best girl.
>>
File: reaction18.jpg (34KB, 529x506px) Image search: [Google]
reaction18.jpg
34KB, 529x506px
It was the closest to the ren and stimpy style of visual humor as anything I'd seen before
>>
>>89512635
I remember Flapjack being heavy on grossout
>>
File: fj.jpg (171KB, 1162x459px) Image search: [Google]
fj.jpg
171KB, 1162x459px
the new fourth season is shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HATLQEqLTf0
>>
File: and then theres this asshole.png (240KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
and then theres this asshole.png
240KB, 480x360px
>>89513844
I always thought it was more since it kinda had a Victorian style going for it.

But yes. Alot of gross out stuff. They sure like drawing gross body parts and whale guts.

>>89513910
Wouldn't say heavy grossout. Its more like "Look a gross thing" before cutting away quickly to another joke. There is no Ren pulling his teeth nerves or Squidward getting his toenail ripped off as I remember.
>>
Pretty great at first. Couldn't keep up when it was jumping around to different timeslots.

>She's heeeeeeeere...
>>
>>89514016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SL72a4CNz8
>>
>>89512672
yeah it did kinda decline after the first season, although I feel Chowder suffered much more from seasonal rot
>>
please post more candywife
>>
>>89512635
Don't forget Pete Browngardt, who moved on to making Uncle Grandpa.
>>
>>89512635
This show remains my favorite ongoing CN original of the past 10 years and is one of the only two CN Studios show I can even say I truly love.

The other is Courage. .
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.