[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did he wind up there? This project smells like balls. He

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8

File: Keaton.jpg (147KB, 933x590px) Image search: [Google]
Keaton.jpg
147KB, 933x590px
How did he wind up there?

This project smells like balls.

He doesn't belong in this shithole.
>>
>>89508038
>He doesn't belong in this shithole.

If it makes you feel any better, he's the villain in a Marvel movie, so he'll 100% certainly die at the end.
>>
>>89508168
>He doesn't know about the Sinister Six plans

anon...
>>
>>89508413
I thought that was scrapped with ASM3
>>
>>89508038
I still don't get why Spider-Man 6 triggers /co/ and /tv/ so much.

Scratch that, I do know, I just thought that we were too /tumblr/ for that crap.
>>
File: birdman 4.png (427KB, 938x508px) Image search: [Google]
birdman 4.png
427KB, 938x508px
>>89508038

Spider-Man Homecoming? You do Spider-Man Homecoming?
>>
>>89508413

Keaton never signs multi-film deals.

If Vulture IS in a sequel, it'll be a different version with a different actor.

Loki aside, Marvel only uses big name actors for oneshot villains. You can set your watch by it.
>>
>>89508038
Closest he can get to being Birdman.
>>
>marvel movie
>being shit
Well there's a first time for everything I guess.
>>
>>89508038
His career's gone full circle.

P O T T E R Y
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 500x333px
>>89508542
Ironman 2&3, Age of Ultron, Thor 2 were shit. Thor and Avengers 1 are bland as fuck and age like milk.
>>
>>89508439
>I thought that was scrapped with ASM3
That was only the Sinister Six that was to be ASM.

Now that it has new life breathed into it, they will surely set up S6 but at a slower pace this time coinciding with the MCU
>>
>>89508038
>complaining about based Keaton being Vulture
He'll probably be the best thing about the movie.
>>
>>89508542
Company waaaaaaarssssssss
>>
>>89508168
He was quoting Birdman
>>
>>89508699
The thing is, it's a Marvel movie, their villains tend to just be there and don't really take advantage of the fact that a certain actor is playing them.
More than likely his talent will be wasted.
>>
File: unsure jew.gif (2MB, 316x213px) Image search: [Google]
unsure jew.gif
2MB, 316x213px
>mfw Micheal Keaton is a great actor and must be paid top dollar for a single appearance that truthfully could've been spent on just about anyone
>mfw They only really hired him for the meta joke and memes that will be created by making him the vulture
This is like 4 Dimensional Chess, and I'm not sure if this was a dumb move or the greatest move ever.
>>
File: Cheerleading.jpg (21KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
Cheerleading.jpg
21KB, 270x270px
>>89508038
>from Batman to Birdman to Vulture
P-O-T-T-E-R-Y
POTTERY
>>
>>89508168
>If it makes you feel any better, he's the villain in a Marvel movie, so he'll 100% certainly die at the end.

Does he shoot himself in the head?
>>
>>89508038
Anon, every actor in Hollywood will eventually be in the MCU.
>>
>>89509852
>this was literally a plot point in Birdman
kek
>>
File: the-amazing-spider-man-annual-1.jpg (503KB, 1022x1529px) Image search: [Google]
the-amazing-spider-man-annual-1.jpg
503KB, 1022x1529px
Sony has been unbelievably retarded in how they've handled Spider-Man and this movie looks to be no exception.

After Spider-Man 2 was such a huge hit they basically laid out the villains for the next twenty films, but then Spider-Man 4 fell apart and they were forced to start again from scratch, yet they kept going down their list of villains as if it still was Spider-Man 4, which is why you have fucking Lizard of all people as Spider-Man's first enemy in ASM.

Then for ASM2 the creators clearly wanted to do a Night Gwen Stacy Died movie and have Green Goblin be the villain, but some retards at Sony were like NO NO, our plans say it's time for Electro!!! And so Electro had to be forced in as the main antagonist despite the rest of the plot having nothing at all to do with him.

And now once again we have them having to start over, with a perfect opportunity to have a totally clean slate and return to the signature villains of Doc Ock and/or Green Goblin. Yet they blow it with yet another bizarre choice of director and use fucking Vulture, pretty much the only of Spider-Man's classic rogues to have less relevance than the Lizard except maybe Rhino.

The funniest part is they still have all these plans cooking for their Sinister Six and Venom movies when they keep wasting their time on these jokers like Lizard and Vulture when they could be getting their big leading players like Doc Ock ready.

You know what would be great at this point? If in Spider-Man 2omecoming they just say fuck it and bring in Alfred Molina, Thomas Haden Church, Jaime Foxx, Michael Keaton, and then get Bruce Campbell as Mysterio and Gerard Butler as Kraven, and never explain how any of this makes sense. "OK, look, you all know who these guys are, you're all tired of waiting, here's your fucking Sinister Six".
>>
>>89510970
>Sony

Homecoming is marlel.
>>
>>89508680
>people hate what they don't understand
>>
>>89508680
Avengers is still fun as funk.
>>
>>89511469
No it isn't. It's Sony/Columbia with some oversight by Marvel. Avi Arad, the main fuck behind all the Sony films, is still executive producing Homecoming. Feige is responsible for overseeing all of the shared universe aspects and MCU integration.

>Marvel Studios would explore opportunities to integrate MCU characters into future Spider-Man films, which Sony Pictures would continue to finance, distribute, and have final creative control over.
>>
>>89511688
I love how Marveldrones crowed about Spiderman "coming home" and said Sony would have no power before Homecoming looked like shit, but now Marvel dindu nuttin and it's all Sony's fault.
>>
>>89510970
Did it hurt, pulling that much bullshit out of your ass?
>>
>>89510970

They've been trying to use Vulture since Raimi era
>>
>>89508168
except for Zola, Zemo, Red Skull, Loki, Thanos, Nebula, Hammer, the real Mandarin, and tony stark.
>>
File: 88 (1).jpg (51KB, 865x372px) Image search: [Google]
88 (1).jpg
51KB, 865x372px
>>89510970
>they just say fuck it and bring in Alfred Molina, Thomas Haden Church, Jaime Foxx, Michael Keaton, and then get Bruce Campbell as Mysterio and Gerard Butler as Kraven, and never explain how any of this makes sense. "OK, look, you all know who these guys are, you're all tired of waiting, here's your fucking Sinister Six".

God, but I fucking wish. That'd be so goddamn incredible, all the moreso if they'd actually dare to recognize and acknowledge it. Like maybe have Ock make some remark about how much promise Peter had at New York State University, only for Peter to point out that he's still a sophomore in high school. Cue awkward silence broken by Craven shooting him with a blowgun or something.
>>
>>89511747
I actually dislike the majority of the Marvel Studios movies, but I'd honestly prefer a generic corporate product that Marvel would make to the clusterfucks that ASM1 and 2 are. What bothers me is that Homecoming looks like some unholy love child between Sony retardation with a generic coat of Marvel Studios paint, and the visual style of Marvel movies has really started to grate on me.

>>89511789
Which is exactly what I'm complaining about. Vulture doesn't belong in this movie any more than Lizard or Electro belonged in ASM 1 and 2. It's so insanely obvious that they're just using them because Arad says they have to.

>>89511759
I'm not saying it's fact, but what other reasoning would there be for Sony to choose such a random villain as Lizard for their first Spider-Man reboot? And it seems to fit with how pointless Electro was in ASM2. I remember an interview from around the release of SM3 where someone was saying that they had the villains planned out up to Spider-Man 7. Now there is a very, very high possibility that I totally imagined that, especially because I've never been able to find this interview. But it still seems to fit the narrative very well. And it's an absolute fact that Sony has had a Venom movie in planning since Spider-Man 3 and that Sinister Six has been planned for a long time as well. Arad's big plans for the series and forcing of characters is also pretty well known and a big part of why SM3 sucked and why Raimi ragequit.
>>
>>89508680
Iron Man 3 was capekino and the last "director based" Marvel movie.
>>
>>89511952
>you all know who these guys are

99% of viewers don't. Spider-man villains are not Batman villains; nobody knows who the fuck they are outside maybe Doc Ock.
>>
>>89512265
>nobody knows who the fuck they are outside maybe Doc Ock.
Yeah, normies don't know who Green Goblin, Venom, Carnage, Mysterio or Sandman are, right?
>>
It's surprising how people outside of /co/ are so insanely hyped for Spider-Man Homecoming, from Reddit to Youtube channels, they are acting like this is going to be the biggest movie ever in the MCU, when everything about it screams mediocre. I don't get it.
>>
>>89512322
Why don't you go to Reddit, then?
>>
>>89512304
Maybe just GG and Venom
>>
>>89512322
>I don't get why Marvel's Iron Man Jr: Rise of Spiderling is getting so much buzz from people that love Marvel films, Spider-Man and Robert Downy Jr. as Iron Man

Don't be disingenuous, anon. You know exactly why people are excited for this movie.
>>
>>89512391
Because they're dumbasses, like you.
>>
>>89512474
Then they're retarded. This is the 6th Spider-Man film and 7th Iron Man film and everything else looks painfully cheesy with the high school setting. Hell, there's a fucking math league as part of the plot. From the trailer, it's apparent Spider-Man is bottom bitch to Iron Man, and there is true rivalry if Spider-Man is fighting Vulture to impress Tony.

But people are so blindsided with the fact that it's Spider-Man. It's so irritating.
>>
>>89512304
...No? Venom maybe, but Green Goblin is a literal who outside comics circles. Nobody knows who the fuck Mysterio or Sandman are so I don't know where the fuck you're getting that.

Spider-man villains rarely get much screen time in his movies, so they haven't had much cultural impact at all.
>>
>>89512265
I don't think you're coming at this from the right angle, Anon. You're probably right in thinking the average moviegoer has no idea who those villains are, but that's exactly why they should be introduced as part of an ensemble villain movie- none of them (except maybe Ock) are particularly deep or engaging, and they certainly aren't interesting enough to justify having an entire movie to themselves. Sharing screentime with five other villains, though, they'd get just enough spotlight to show off their gimmick and be interesting without getting stale.

Kinda like what they did with Hawkeye, really. He's decent enough when he's part of a big cast, but is anyone really clamoring for a Hawkeye movie? Absolutely not.
>>
>>89512265
Everyone who's seeing a Spider-Man movie has likely seen at least one other before it.

And if they haven't, there's not much they have to know about the characters.

>Doc Ock
Has arms, is smart, hates Spider-Man

>Sandman
Is sand, hates Spider-Man

>Electro
Shoots lightning, hates Spider-Man

>Vulture
Flies, hates Spider-Man.

And then you'll have Mysterio and Kraven appearing in the movie for the first time who also don't need much time devoted to their backstory.

>Mysterio
Appears to have magic powers but is really a dramatic fraud. Fought Spider-Man, lost, now hates Spider-Man

>Kraven
Came to America to hunt Spider-Man, lost, not hates Spider-Man

That's the beauty of the original Sinister Six and those classic Spidey rogues. They're all pretty easy to understand. Sure, all of them had more complex motivations and backstories added in their individual movies, but you don't really need to know about any of that for this movie. It's like how you didn't need to see Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America and Thor to understand who they were in Avengers, as probably the majority of people who saw that movie hadn't seen the others except Iron Man at that time (before Avengers, the non-Iron Man movies performed pretty mediocre).
>>
>>89512587
Yeah noone knows who Green Goblin is, except the 69,484,700 people in the US alone who saw the first Spider-Man film in theaters and the $300 million worth of international viewers that made it the highest grossing superhero movie of all time at the time it released.
>>
Remember, he LOVED being Birdman. His conflict arose from being torn between a cheap, silly role that he loves, or pursuing "true art" with more serious and intellectual roles.
>>
>>89512726
>>89512587
Oh, and noone knows who Sandman is either, except the millions of people that helped it break all of the first movie's records.
>>
>>89512726
Anon ask anybody on the street to name 5 Spider-man villains. Chances are they get Venom at most.

People remember Spider-man movies for the romance and high school drama, especially the first one.
>>
>>89512831
How the fuck are you trying to tell me more people know who Venom is than Green Goblin? Venom was a secondary villain in the third Spider-Man movie and never even called by name. If anything Venom is the one people aren't going to know unless they're somewhat familiar with Spider-Man outside the films.
>>
>>89512265
>Spider-man villains are not Batman villains; nobody knows who the fuck they are outside maybe Doc Ock.
Nobody knows any other Batman villain apart from the Joker either.
>>
>>89512913
Venom had a stream of mainstream popularity in the 90's. He appeared in games and shit. In comparison, Green Goblin has NEVER been popular. He has never mattered outside the Spider-man comics, and even then he didn't fucking exist from Death of Gwen Stacy to the Clone Saga.
>>
>>89508038
He is in for the memes. His career literally can't get anymore POTTERY than this. It rhymes.
>>
>>89508505
>Keaton never signs multi-film deals.

Is that how he got out of Batman Forever?
>>
>>89512976
I hope you're just pretending to be retarded.

Catwoman is the template for an entire type of supervillain. Ivy, Harley, Penguin, and Riddler are icons. There is no comparison.
>>
>>89513102
>Is that how he got out of Batman Forever?

Yes. He only signed on for the Batman films one at a time. They coaxed him back for Returns, but he refused to resign for Forever.

Its one of the reasons why multi-film contracts out of the gate are mandatory on most blockbuster franchises, now. So no one else can pull a Keaton.
>>
>>89512976
most people are gonna get at least catwoman and penguin. riddler, too.
>>
>>89510970
They can't use any of the Goblins for at least one movie because of the TASM shitshow.
>>
>>89510970
>>89512212
BAKA (heh) is the third first movie to use a green-themed villain
>>
>>89511688
That's not true. Avi Arad gets to do literally every other Spider-man movie except for the ones Feige and Marvel Studios are working on. Feige agreed to work with Amy Pascal and Sony still has final veto.
>>
>>89513334
>BAKA

Forgot about the filter, that's supposed to be SM:H
>>
>>89512976
Household names that even your fucking great-aunt knows:
>Joker
>Riddler
>Penguin
>Catwoman
>Two-Face

Extremely well known characters that most anyone under 50 has at least a general understanding of:
>Poison Ivy
>Harley Quinn
>Clayface
>Bane

Even Batman's C-listers are well known to anyone who reads comcis.
>>
>>89513034
Venom has also never been popular outside the comics. The video games were marketed to people who read the comics or watched the cartoons-- where Goblin was also an extremely major villain.

Yeah, Venom was popular with edgelords, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who knows Spider-Man well enough to know who Venom is but doesn't know who Green Goblin is. Again, the single most popular piece of Spider-Man related media of all time is Spider-Man the movie.

And yeah nobody gets Green Goblin t-shirts like they get Venom or Joker t-shirts because nobody actually cares about him, but they still know who he is, which is where I think we're arguing two separate points here.
>>
>>89513621
>Venom has also never been popular outside the comics.
Bullshit.
I knew who Venom was well before I ever picked up a comic. I also remember his merch being really popular in middle school/high school in the 2000s before the movie ever came out.
>>
>>89508691

>Soft reboot

Look into man
>>
>>89513363
Arad is indeed still executive producer. What this means for how much input he has in the movie is anybody's guess. If I had to speculate, I'd say that Arad's sole mandate is that Vulture be the villain, either that or the movie is partially based off some ancient dusty script for Spider-Man 5 or some fucking shit. But that is still speculation and just my opinion. For all we know Keaton demanded to be Vulture for pottery's sake.

>>89513207
I'm sure that's how the execs feel but I think that's kind of fucking retarded. "Oh no, Goblin was shitty in this movie, that means everyone will think the next movie will be shitty too if he's in it!". That doesn't make sense. They could just take Goblin and do him RIGHT instead.

Either way, there's seriously no excuse not to do Doc Ock, Peter's very first archenemy. The idea of "saving" the famous villain for the second movie is dumb as shit and is how you get dumpster fires like the ASM series, especially when you're working with a character like Spider-Man where everyone in the world already knows his origin. Stop cockteasing me and just do the fucking Octopus you sick fucks. It's been over a decade since Spider-Man 2, it's time.
>>
>>89513880
Slott, please.

Nobody really cares about Ock.
>>
MCU Sinister Six is likely to be
>Vulture
>Kraven
>Either Scorpion or Rhino (could go either way)
>Shocker
>Mysterio
>Doctor Octopus
>>
>>89508038
Haven't you seen Birdman OP?

It's become more real than you can imagine.
>>
>>89513207
>>89513880
If anything, theyre going to take a break from Goblin and focus on just Norman himself for a while. If the new MCU Spider-Verse holds up for a certain period, then they can do Goblin no problem
>>
>>89511844
Red Skull died.

So did Zola, but that's debatable.
>>
>>89513687
Well what I mean to say is he was popular outside of comics BECAUSE of the comics. Where did you know Venom from? He was in video games because they were based off the comics of the time. The cartoons brought him to a wider audience, but if you watched the cartoon, you also knew who Green Goblin is.

I'm just saying, you'd be hard pressed to find someone who know who Venom is but not Green Goblin. Does anyone actually care about Green Goblin outside of comic fans? Of course not, not like they care about Venom. But they still know who he is.

>>89508691
>they will surely set up S6 but at a slower pace this time
Jesus christ no. Why do these movies have to drag everything out so much? Make Spider-Man 2omecoming a Sinister Six movie, so we can move the hell on. We're never going to get to the black suit and Venom and all the latter arcs if we have to drag our feet through three movies just to get to the Sinister Six.

>>89514056
I think it's still going to be the original team as teased in ASM2. There's no real reason to deviate from that unless they just really want to bury that franchise and Electro with it, or if they refuse to retread characters from the Raimi movies like Doc Ock and Sandman even though that would be stupid.
>>
>>89510970

>Fanboys want more doc Ock and more goblin bombs

As a fanboy I can tell you, this is wrong and gay, the only problem with lizard jekkle in ASM was poor writing he'd be a fantastic villain if the writers could have figured out that comic book villains aren't all mustache twirling Dick Dastardly type faggots who want to rule the world somehow. If he was a lowly collage Prof that lost his mind in lizard form and was just a street level villain fulfilling the Prof's latent desires and then unmasking Peter pulled his humanity to the surface and together they scienced a cure. That would be a fun movie. Not everything needs to end in a big blue sky laser about to destroy the world to be exciting.

And electro was the best thing about asm2 the whole movie should have been electro v Spider-Man. The blood magic bullshit with goblin was a huge drag. The ghost dad shit was shitty And yes dispute how shitty both movies are I still like them because Spider-Man.

All I really want out of this Spider-Man? A sassy teen Spider-Man with some great street-level action and no fucking origin and no shitty narration. Really at this point retreading the old movies would ruin it more than anything
>>
File: Electro RD.jpg (553KB, 700x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Electro RD.jpg
553KB, 700x1080px
>>89514133
>Why do these movies have to drag everything out so much?
Because if we dont, we get ASM2 anon. Not saying every S6 member needs a solo movie, but world building takes time. Best to do each movie with 2 members each, then do S6 third movie in with the last 2 additions. And I can tell you right now theyre not going to do Electro, much to our dismay, because of ASM2's fuckup. Which is a shame because Id love to see how they'd do 616 Max instead of the half assed Ultimate one we got
>>
>>89514221
He wasn't even Ultimate Electro. Ultimate Electro is a badass hitman/enforcer. Jaime Foxx's guy was just another pissy scientist.
>>
>>89511844
You forgot Abomination.
>>
>thinking he ever had standards
He worked with Burton. I can't respect anyone who worked with that hack.
>>
>>89508038
His head looks unbelievably photoshopped in that picture.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.