[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that it is over, what did you guys think of Don't hug

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: DHMIS_poster.png (321KB, 339x475px) Image search: [Google]
DHMIS_poster.png
321KB, 339x475px
Now that it is over, what did you guys think of Don't hug me I'm Scared?

What did you like/dislike?

What do you think it means?

I personally agree with nightmind's analysis of the meaning
>>
>>89507998
>Now that it is over, what did you guys think of Don't hug me I'm Scared?
I think it was pretty good stuff, really creative and definitely some great mind fuck moments. The computer episode is my favorite.

>What did you like/dislike?
I loved the designs and aesthetics done in a similar fashion to Muppets and Sesame Street and any time the mind fucks were done.
I loved but disliked the way things don't connect yet they do. I mean it's more that I like it for the fact that it makes the viewer think and theorize on how things work in this world and how each episode may connect, but I dislike that there never was never a big reveal moment that was the key to it all

What do you think it means?
I have to say there are a few mixture of theories I agree with some from Film Theory and some from Youtube Explained are really interesting, but it's kind of hard to decide what's what in this universe
>>
>>89507998
I like this explanation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At6aUZGWZXg
>>
>>89507998
>What did you like/dislike?
It was a fun concept, that was ruined by a fanbase that over thought the videos and analyzed every second of it.

>What do you think it means?
Absolutely fuck all.
>>
>>89508590
>There was never a big reveal

Did you watch episode 6?
>>
>>89508701
I did watch episode 6, I think I should be more clear.
I mean a reveal that kind of just adds everything together in the sense of giving us the idea of where everything fits.

Like I get that it's a kids tv show and that the characters are being manipulated by the media to sell products and to teach people to think in specific ways, however I was more talking about the overall connecting thread of continuity
>>
>>89508693
>It was a fun concept, that was ruined by a fanbase that over thought the videos and analyzed every second of it.
This is true, the fan base got a little overly attached to the project and overly analyzed everything.

Though I will give kudos to the creators saying that all theories that fans wish to put forward are as valid as any other theory, hence not confirming or denying anything and letting the work just stand on it's own merits
>>
No kids shows like that have no connectivity, why should this?
>>
Ep 3 was the worst. The song sucked and it didn't really tie into anything else in the series.
>>
>>89508931
It really doesn't have to connect the episodes at all and you are correct in pointing out that regular kids shows don't normally do that, however I wouldn't mind seeing it for part of the reveal at the end
>>
File: Dont touch me.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Dont touch me.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>89509064
I liked the episode
>>
>>89509064
It did though

It ties in with religious manipulation and brainwashing of children through television shows
>>
>>
Some things of relevant interest:

An advert the creators made for St John Ambulance about giving a Baby CPR. Gets reuploaded a lot on Youtube as "DHMIS 7".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2kp_IDpI6E

And the opening and the "bonus track" that was given to Kickstarter folk as part of the album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4WEpuFOTw4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqmsf1nMREg
>>
>>89507998
its a fun watch
but I feel like people's theories go way too far sometimes
i dont think it really needs an explanation
>>
>>89507998
This video from /v/: the musical is better than any of the actual videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5CBhPDQDr4
>>
>>89509507
>/v/ the musical
I'm gonna take a hard pass on that
>>
>>89509175
I agree, 3 seems like the one that's MOST in line with what people think. Assuming the theory that they are basically trying to make people think just one way is true, the very clear definition of love presented shows the most clear brainwashing in all the episodes.
>>
>>89509535
They're honestly pretty entertaining, for a lot of their videos they love to take a song from a /co/ movie and make a /v/ related vidya song out of it.
>>
The fifth one was the most disturbing imo.
>>
>>89509565
I cant for the life of me finish any of their songs they are fucking atrocious
>>
>>89509535
It's not that bad

the effects are good enough to be in-theme with the show, and the voices at least sound somewhat like the original
>>
>>89509654
Yeah, they make an effort to make the rhythm and song sound familiar to what the song they're originally using.
>>
>>89509654
its the lyrics I cant stand
If I want shitposting I'll just go into threads
>>
>>89507998
I think the series was a TV show with Red Guy as a director/actor and Roy as producer. Red Guy owns the rights of Green Guy and Roy Yellow. Red Guy was also behind the music while he was there. Ep 1&2 are Red Guy's. Ep 3 is Roy's, Red Guy didn't like it so that why he and Green don't do nothing in it. Ep 4 Red Guy and Roy conflict results in Red Guy leaving the show and the removal of his character. Ep 5 has Red Guy trying to retain rights of Green so Roy just kills off Green, also song quality goes down. Ep 6 the show is a mess. Roy calls in Red Guy to try to salvage it but the damage is done, so they decide to pull the plug and reboot the series.
>>
>>89509507
that was actually good
>>
>>89509710
why would red torture himself?
>>
>>89509105
VIDYA WAIFUS
>>
>>89509832
this
I always thought that red as the director theory never actually made sense
there isnt a whole lot of evidence that points to this
>>
>>89509869
Yeah, he even tries to warn and save the others after escaping, multiple times
>>
>>89509854
DICK!
>>
>>89507998
Any artwork of it? The DHMIS poster looks pretty good.
>>
>>89509832
Dunno, how much control does Red have over the show, maybe he goes to extremes breaking away from bland red people standards, maybe he just one of those tortured artistic types?
>>
File: DON'T YOU LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT.jpg (12KB, 227x210px) Image search: [Google]
DON'T YOU LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT.jpg
12KB, 227x210px
>>89509064

>The song sucked

Your mom sucked, the song was beautiful
>>
File: get a load of this boring idea.jpg (99KB, 952x531px) Image search: [Google]
get a load of this boring idea.jpg
99KB, 952x531px
>>89510118
i thought it was pretty boring
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.