[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you tired of super hero movies? Do you think the genre will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Are you tired of super hero movies? Do you think the genre will "die" or at least slow itself down?

>movies are chunked out as sequels to sequels like a chain
>the concept of interconnected universe is proving tiresome in the long run, and even poisoning other types of movies now because studios try to get some Marvel money
>Marvel is making samey products that look the same
>WB is so deep into the mess of stupid rushed movies that they have to create "extended/ultimate" version of their movies to try and solve it. And most of their esthetic and stories are made according to a 12 yr old's notion of what's cool
>Fox still can't do the X-Men right for shit, Deadpool was probably a one-off joke and will disappoint the second time. Logan looks cool

I do have to wonder why people behave as if that was the only thing they could see, and were even forced to see. At least if it's a character you like that's being butchered, I could understand. But if you have no personal stakes in the movies, you can just not see it.

I stopped watching X-Men movies and I'm pretty happy. Not planning to see JL either because I feel like WB is toying with us and taking us for fools, and besides, I'm just not interested.
>>
>>89498782
I just want the MCU/DCEU to hurry up and get this over with.
>>
Befoe=rehand, I should point out that I'm still hype for Netflix series but as for movies

>SPider-Man
Not interested. Sick of high school setting. Sick of teen SPidey. Sick of the usual tone and esthetic that all these movies have

>Black Panther
Cautiously excited. It has a great director and crew that i love, but it can still be pretty bland

>Cap Marvel
I couldn't give less of a shit. I can already say that, unless the trailer seem like anything special, I will not see this movie

>Guardians 2
Oddly enough, I'm neutral about it. I remember being HYPE AS FUCK for the first one. And it's still the one with the most personality, and feels the most like an actual movie instead of a series episode, but the second one, I'm not that hype. I don't knwo why.

Avengers 3
It's going to have my nigga Thanos so I'm cautiously optimistic, because Marvel can't into villains. Also, it's the conclusion of the phases so I kidn of want to finish what I started.

So, yeah. BP and IW. The rest can go fuck itself.
>>
>>89498851
Are you drunk?
>>
>>89499017
Keyboard's gone nuts.
>>
>>89498782
I like sequels as long as they are good
interconencted universes are what i was wishing for since i was a kid, and i love it, the novelty hasnt worn thin yet
they never feel "samey" to me, i find that they have quite a bit of variety in them, built with the same tools but spun quite a bit differently
WB is rushed
>>
>>89499032
Shill spotted.
>>
>>89499032
Actually, we got a interconnected universe before, it was called the DCAU, and it was better than anything produced today.

Besides, I truly think it has worn thin indeed. It has no stakes whatsoever when no one of importance dies or changes. The world is essentially the same, except for the fact that a bunch of super powered beings showed up. And most of all, the new stuff is the same as the old, so it kinda just feels...repetitive.
>>
>>89498782
me like kino
>>
Let's say it goes away.

What's going to take its place? It's like the main reason why those things stay in place (apart from the fact that they are at least good enough to sustain themselves) is that no other genre seems to be able to take their crown of fun action movies.

Vidya movies remain shit. And now manga adaptations are shaping up to be the next attempt.
>>
>>89500734
They're actually making a Naruto movie...
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.