[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Sergent Hatred's henchmen allowed to use guns?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 19

File: sergeat-hatred-cosplay-main.jpg (183KB, 600x437px) Image search: [Google]
sergeat-hatred-cosplay-main.jpg
183KB, 600x437px
Why are Sergent Hatred's henchmen allowed to use guns?

I thought the Guild discouraged lethal weapons.
>>
They're beanbag guns.
>>
they discouraged guns for lower-level villains
Hatred had bigger chops than The Monarch did
>>
>>89480844
Monarch I think never went past 4 or 6 level.

Which level was Hathred in? 8?
>>
They use rubber bullets or some sort of non-lethal ammunition.
>>
>>89481024
They even had nerf guns on standby
>>
SEASON 7 FUCKING WHEN
>>
>>89482196
>>
>>89482196

>uses high-profile voice actors
>have to rewatch episodes and read up lore as to not accidentally retcon anything
>>
>>89480906
He's high (or low) enough to arch Rusty so he must be at least an eight or so. In that one episode where the Monarch was explaining levels he said all you really needed was a command center of some sort, enough henchmen to be called an army and MAYBE a second in command to be considered a ten. The standards for a level ten are pretty low to be honest and it sounds like it means a lot of people like the Monarch are technically on the same level as legit scary motherfuckers like Monstroso, Wide Whale or Phantom Limb.
>>
>Red Death is a level 10
>no evil lair
>no henchman
>only has his horse
>>
>>89483586
Honestly, the Monarch's only issue is his obsession with Venture.

We've seen how much of a scary motherfucker he can be.
>>
>>89483586
He also specifically wanted to arch Rusty.
Also Monarch's issue is probably more he's incompetent. Monstroso and Wide Wale are smarter than Monarch and have their shit together.
Also there's a lot of implication that it's all about playing politics in the Guild which Monarch is oblivious to.
>>89484051
He was a respected OG.
>>
>>89483586
No, your competency, the threat level of your weapons and the skills of your henchmen are also taken in consideration.

See >>89484051 Red Death is a 10 for power and skill alone, and Wide Whale henchmen have power suits.
>>
>>89484232
>your competency, the threat level of your weapons and the skills of your henchmen are also taken in consideration.
Then the Monarch should have been a lot lower than he was before Hatred destroyed his cocoon. His henchmen (with the very recent exception of 21) were idiots and don't use lethal weaponry, and the Monarch himself is really only competent when he's not around Venture. He was probably only ever considered a ten because his wife played the system for him and the fact that up until season 3 he wasn't even an official Guild villain.
>>
>>89484653
Monarch was never a 10.
>>
>>89483021
I wonder if they have big fuckoff notebooks and shit with each characters written out, small things they might have said or done in each episode of seasons etc.
They could rewatch the episodes loads or just have basically the holy bible of venture brothers with everything theyve ever done thats canon inside.
>>
>>89484852
I don't know, they either have a massive anal bible with every little detail or a half assed white out board that says "remember that guy"
>>
>>89484173
I wouldn't say Monarch is incompetent. We've seen that he's actually a threatening villain when he isn't focused on petty things. If he was more focused on organizing and larger goals, then he'd actually be a pretty high level villain. Monstroso and Limb had their priorities straight in their prime.
>>
>>89480815
Pretty sure he mentioned they were dart guns.
That said, depending on the target more dangerous weapons are probably allowed.
>>
>>89484173
>Incompetent
When he wasn't arching Rusty he was actually pretty good. Granted the only examples are the Butt Doctor and Wide Whale's Alleged Brother I forgot the name of.
>>
>>89484946

Dugong!
>>
>>89484920
>a half assed white out board that says "remember that guy"
Judging by the commentaries, this is the more likely option. There's some stuff they do remember long term and a lot of stuff that they just go "wow I completely forgot about that, let's do something with that"
>>
File: Iloveit.png (54KB, 363x301px) Image search: [Google]
Iloveit.png
54KB, 363x301px
>>89484934
The ability to be competent doesn't stop his demeanor from making him incompetent. He has the capability but his priorities and personality are shit and he tends to only do good when his targets are ridiculously low tier.
>>89484946
Dr Dugong was 90% Dr. Mrs and the Moppets work. He literally didn't want to be there and murdered the poor guy when Dr. Mrs triggered his hateboner for Rusty.
>>89485019
>mfw you can actually hear them come up with jokes and characters they use in future seasons in the commentary.
>>
>>89484051
Monarch's only giving an example of a level 10, not listing the specific criteria. Like if you have this huge operation with a big base and loads of henchman you're likely going to be a high-rated villain.

Besides, the only 10 we saw that had a full organization like that was Wide Wale. All the other 10s he was passing arching rights to were solo guys who had basically no infrastructure but huge cred.
>>
>>89485138
They were also tied to him.
>>
>>89485019
Yeah, from what I understand they don't plan all the "deepest lore" stuff so much as just being good at remembering earlier bits and finding ways to connect them. Like St. Cloud, he used to be a background character, he had one line in the Yard Sale episode, and later they decided to turn him into Billy's nemesis.
>>
How can Phantom Limb be so dumb?

Does he still think Manataur was the one who had sex with his number 2 that night and not Monarch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAodHPCmGsk
>>
>>89484934

Monarch and Dr. Girlfriend actually did pretty good against an army of Strangers.
>>
>>89480815
Guns are a level 5 weapon learn guild law. Killing henchmen is okay as long as they are not a sidekick tier henchman doing that is a no no and can have recreations but isn't as bad as killing someones arch.
>>
File: 9FgClxY.jpg (41KB, 608x342px) Image search: [Google]
9FgClxY.jpg
41KB, 608x342px
>>89484693
This. I don't know the official number, but that little monologue on the subway was bullshit. If I were to guess the Mighty Monarch was a 6, even before the cocoon got wrecked. Maybe a 5.

A 10 is the equivalent of the top of an A-lister's Rogues Gallery. Your Magnetos, your Luthors, your Doctors Doom.

Monarch is like Mad Hatter tier. I mean, respectable enough to be called a supervillain, sure. Certainly not someone the Average Joe would want to piss off. But his notoriety and threat level are middling at best.

Then again, I suppose the potential L10s I named might be considered too high for Guild membership at all unless they were running it.
>>
>>89486133
I like to think he eventually did figure it out, but either he forgot to take Manotaur off his shit list and then couldn't remember why he had him there, or him finding Manotaur and not realizing it wasn't the same guy was just part of his mental breakdown.
>>
>>89486950
I think Monarch was someone who probably could have been something close to a 10 if he really tried, and his low ranking has more to do with his often self-destructive obsession with Rusty. Like if he started going after higher profile protagonists and really trying, he could easily be an 8 or 9, but he spends all his time trying to dick around with a mediocre scientist living off his dad's success.
>>
>>89485138
To be a 10 you are a top level threat who can alter a whole region or the world. Think of the bilderberg group in real life. A 5 can be a bunch of niggers with guns as guns are a level 5 threat. A 1 is someone like that boxer guy that the action man killed. So think of a 3 as inbetween a killer gunman and a autisic loser and a 8 as a guy with a giant warship but can be put down by the osi.Guild level is different from the osi or protagonist levels as they are scored differently but the protagonist level cannot be higher than the antagonists level this is why monarch couldn't arch rusty. HOWEVER! A level 10 villian can arch a level 1 hero as the monarch was a 6-8 when arching rusty in seasons 1-4.
>>
>>89486950
Highest he got was 8 he was a 6 at the start of the show and he is a 4 now.
>>
>>89487053
He WAS an 8 around seasons 3 and 4. He was passionate about what he did but doesn't have the ambitions of power other villains have he just really hates venture people who get in the early of his work and people who fuck his wife without his consent aka phantom limb.
>>
>>89485138
Superman can be a level 10 solo cause he is fucking superman. A normal man sometimes needs a army some super suits and money to get to a equal threat level you get what I am saying? It is less about a check list more about what you can do and what you actually do.
>>
>>89487181
Pretty much this. He even plays as a hero just to get back to arching Venture. The dude doesn't even have much of a drive for legitimate villainy, his sole motivation is screwing over Venture. Like when he was given other heroes to fight, and he just massacred them all.

Monarch is high-level, but he just doesn't give a shit about anyone but Rusty.
>>
>>89486133
He is literally insane after quizboy turned him into phantom limb part of his power is that is slowly kills his brain. Dude was a little weird before but after the incident he was a new man.
>>89485096
Well said.
>>
>>89485096
>he tends to only do good when his targets are ridiculously low tier
What about his work as the Blue Morpho?
>>
File: Pretorius_9.jpg (67KB, 600x406px) Image search: [Google]
Pretorius_9.jpg
67KB, 600x406px
>>89487402
To be honest I read the people here saying this thinking that there would be a montage of him and 21 trashing vilains.

But TO BE HONEST most of it is by accident and the Monarch has no idea on what he is doing. Dumb luck.
>>
The Guild sounds like a bunch of wet blankets.
>>
I think a lot of people are missing the point about arching levels.

The entire existence of the Guild is that it is an outsized bureaucracy that has ultimately pretty much neutered supervillany. The OSI works likewise for the protagonists.

Although the structure has specific levels and miles of rules and reg in regard to advancement, in practice it probably never really works that way. Kiss the right ass, be related to the right radioactive skull villain, be a tool for the right Guild overseer's office pissing contest, those are the ways that people really get promoted.

The Monarch being no longer able to arch Dr. Venture is less due to whatever specific arching level he has (The number of times it has come up before this should tell you how applicable it really is in action) and more due to how Wide Wale and his crew are masters at playing the guild game. The level is just the convenient excuse.
>>
>>89487402
90% Gary 9% luck 1%Malcolm
>>
>>89487330
>part of his power is that it slowly kills his brain

Source on that?
>>
>>89487950
The monarch wasn't able to arch venture because venture got super rich and everyone else wanted to arch him
>>
>Rusty Venture is the protagonist
>Monarch gets more screentime and backstory than Rusty

????
>>
>>89488862
Protagonist ≠ Main Character
>>
>>89488915
That is literally what protagonist means.
>>
>>89488931
You're right, my mistake.
>>
>>89488862
The show is called Venture Bros. there's evidence that shows that Rusty and the Monarch may be brothers.
>>
>>89484051
We all know he could go nuclear at the drop of a hat, which is a good thing he has a good handle on things.

See, the only reason he has a ten is because they couldn't give him an eleven.
>>
>>89480815
>I thought the Guild discouraged lethal weapons.

Only slightly. And they kill all the time. See Phantom Limb.

Also, most of the Monarch's men (possibly including himself) didn't even know that his darts aren't fatal if you're hit by only one.
>>
>>89483586
Yeah. The scale tops out at ten but if it kept going, Wide Whale would be like 20 or something.
>>
>>89487284
he's basically a more humorous Black Manta in that regard
>>
Does Monarch even know why he hates Venture so much?

Seems like he only does it because Venture is the most interesting protagonist to arch.
>>
>>89491482
Of course he knows.

It's almost certainly something ludicrously petty, though. Like Rusty saying that his butterfly poetry was gay back in college.
>>
Do any of you lads know what the hell happened with the art book we were supposed to get?
>>
File: 200_s.gif (34KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
34KB, 356x200px
>>89487077
>A 1 is someone like that boxer guy that the action man killed.
Hahaha holy shit I'd forgotten about that. That shit was intense.
>>
>>89486950
I don't think Magneto or Luthor should count. They wouldn't be in the Guild of Calamitous Intent to begin with because they are too big for it. Each of them lead their own analogous organization; the Legion of Doom and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants respectively. They sort of break the scale. The same goes for something like Galactus.
>>
Why does Venture Brothers DVD have more dicks than tits? The only nipples you ever see is in a single frame.

Why do American cartoons always have more dicks than tits
>>
>>89496067
korean animators
>>
>>89484653
Didn't they say last season that the Monarch was an 8 at the height of his power? Maybe theres an unofficial tier quality to the rankings where the villains with the resources to have lairs, henchman armies, and right hand operatives all get put into the 8-10 range but the incompetent ones don't get above 8.
>>
>>89489263
>The show is called Venture Bros. there's evidence that shows that Rusty and the Monarch may be brothers.

Holy sheet.
I wish Dean and Hank would get screen time as well, but with 7 episodes I understand why the focus was moved away from them and more into Rusty, Monarch and world building.
>>
>>89487261
Yeah, the whole point of the ratings is to match villains with arches that are on their own level, it's even called the Equally Matched Aggression scale. So a solo villain with crazy powers and world beating skills like Red Death can easily be a 10, while the Monarch was able to get up to an 8 thanks to his resources but now; without a lair or henchman and with Dr. Mrs. more working for the Guild than for him these days, he's back down to a 4.
>>
I'm watching this for the first time, and it's fucking awesome.

I just noticed the S3 rips has commentary tracks, are they worth a rewatch?
>>
>>89499092
they are, if you only have commentary for season 3, the first link is seasons 1-5, second one is season 6, all with commentary.
http://distorrent.com/the-venture-bros-seasons-1-5-the-venture-brothers-480p-1080p-hevc-x265-t11922917.html
http://www.cilicili8.com/magnet/detail/25963190#
>>
>>89499358
>KAT mirror
Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling seeing that layout again.

>latest blog entries 7 months ago
That's... odd. I'm fairly sure it died in 2015

As for the show, I'm fairly sure it's only the season 1 and 2 rips I have that doesn't have the commentary track.
I'm a bit puzzled as to what the source was on those, since it's 480p without broadcast watermarks, which implies DVD rips, but they're bleep and mosaic censored too.

I'll probably binge it all and then give the commentary a shot.
>>
>>89499448
season 1 and 2 were censored on dvd, also only 4 or 5 episodes in season 1 have commentary
>>
File: 1413802843159.png (185KB, 333x257px) Image search: [Google]
1413802843159.png
185KB, 333x257px
>>89499358
>mirror hopelessly broken

Fug, I was hoping I could snag the 2 missing season 5 episodes of Adventure Time while I was there but the search is too broken to find them and only some uploadss will even let me get the file or magnet.
>>
Brock Samson's penis is never uncensored?
>>
>>89480815
You're allowed to use guns as much as you want, as long as you aren't a shitty low-tier antagonist
>>
>>89482202
That's ridiculously plausible
>>
I like the subtle jokes.
>>
>>89493986
>Each of them lead their own analogous organization; the Legion of Doom and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants respectively.

That isn't how the Guild works.

The Guild is a bureaucracy designed to keep villainy focused on specific, long term, minimal collateral damage feuds. The Legion of Doom is more about organizing villains to more successfully combat hero teams, and the Brotherhood is essentially a political terrorist group.
>>
File: Villany_chart.jpg (26KB, 635x475px) Image search: [Google]
Villany_chart.jpg
26KB, 635x475px
Do we ever see The Peril Of Partnership and Fraternity of Torment?
>>
>>89498226
>Dr. Mrs.
/co/ can we please come up with a better butterfly themed cape name for her? I know that's the joke but it drives me crazy. So if you weren't fucking around and needed to come up with a good one, what it'd it be? Help me out here.
>>
>>89504216

What even is Sheila's gimmick?
>>
>>89503968
That shark guy in the episode about Zeus kidnapping everyone represented the Peril Partbership and Scaramantula founded the Fraternity of Torment, though I dunno if we ever see any modern members.
>>
>>89504321
Super Science, but she's always been second in command to whoever she's dating or married to.
>>
>>89504321
She doesn't really have one.
>>89504216
There is a literal Queen butterfly but calling her Queen or Dr. Queen might just be too on the nose
Honestly Calling her Dr. Mrs. Is just too much fun.
>>
>>89504216
Madame Butterfly. Like the opera.
>>
>>89500399
Suppose it's like Jonas'. I like Apple Mummy better.
>>
>>89504216
Dr. Psyche
>>
Why have there been no female henches yet on Venture Bros.?
>>
>>89505302
Sheila is that. She's pretty much an elite Monarch henchman

And wasn't there some dude that had two Asian chick bodyguards or am I thinking of another series?
>>
>>89505484

Penguin from The Batman?
>>
>>89487492
that new spiderman there is sick
>>
>>89505302

There are tons of female guild members, just no main characters. One of the old Council of 13 was a woman, even.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-29-13-27-07.png (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-29-13-27-07.png
1MB, 2560x1440px
>that time the henchmen stormed the compound and Monarch went full Green Goblin
That may have ended badly, buy that was maximum hype. We need more moments like that
>>
>>89507219
Hathred was great on that episode.
>>
>>89480815
Because all is fair in love, war, and boipussi
>>
>>89480815
Everything is all good as long as both sides are equal. Gun hero, gun villian.
>>
I personally hope that Monarch will become a hero for real as Blue Morpho and let it be revealed that Monarch and Rusty are brothers (they look WAY to similar for me for them not to be).
>>
>>89507774
I'm thinking the Monarch and Rusty being related is going to be one giant red herring and they'll just be playmates as kids. Doc and Publick like to build things up like this and then pull the rug out from under us. Remember the orb?
>>
>>89507970
>one giant red herring
Wouldn't surprise me. Especially with all the shit they pulled with Dr. Girlfriend.
>>
Why would you ever be a henchman? Do they get paid well?
>>
>>89508277
A lot of the Monarch's henchmen said he turned their lives around. A lot of them were junkies or criminals before he employed them. As for whether or not they get paid, I imagine it depends on the guy they work for. It's implied the Monarch doesn't pay them himself. I would assume that if he doesn't the Guild must because Killinger got Rusty some henchmen through a government employment agency that one time. A similar loophole may exist for henchmen, meaning they likely get a decent wage and insurance if their employer doesn't provide it.
>>
Why can't the Guild be real? The only thing I've ever wanted to do with my life is become a proper supervillain. Their rules make it all possible, sustainable, realistic, and legal, so it's perfect for someone like me who's not interested in body counts or carnage so much as stylish theatricality, focused antagonism, and the lavish lifestyle. I just really want to be paid to dress up, order henchmen around, raid compouds, and hate somebody thematically appropriate, for God's sake. I have no passion for anything sensible.
>>
>>89509141
Dont let dreams be dreams
>>
>>89509141

Because super scientists in real life are really nice people trying to make energy more affordable, high speed Internet more accessible, and I-phones better.

Would you really want to piss off someone who can one day cure cancer, get rid of mosquitoes, give your city Google Fiber, or perfect Nuclear power? They'll find out your true identity and force you to use dial-up for the rest of your life.
>>
>>89509141
I just wanna be a henchman. It's like being a soldier only more permanent, (slightly) less chance of dying to a roadside bomb and I get to wear a costume.

We should team up and fuck with someone.
>>
>>89510432

>your boss can kill you at anytime for any reason

You have to have a best friend among your henchman or else you don't get Guild protection.
>>
>>89508109
What Dr. Girlfriend shit?
>>
>>89511114
Implying some big reveal fueling speculation that she was pregnant or used to be a man or something like that. I think it was toward the end of Cremation Creek or maybe the season after that.
>>
>>89511267
Yeah, that was a mega copout.

I don't think that the Monarch and Rusty being brothers has been hinted at enough to be a proper red herring. There are some hints with their similar appearance and their families being friends, but it's not like with Dermott and Myra where it is strongly hinted one way only to be later completely contradicted. It's a possibility but it's not a likelihood.
>>
What's Dean's redeeming factor? Rusty has had some success with Guardo, Venturestein, the Walking Eye/HELPR, creating clones, and genetic experiments (i.e. splicing out cancer in S03.E05). Hank was on the level of the top ex-OSI agents when they were Sphinx, and he's had some social success with Sirena. Dean is the only Venture left that can still be considered a failure, as he only got into college thanks to nanites, and the papers he later wrote himself were terrible.
>>
>>89512075

He's going to find immense success as a villain
>>
>>89512075
he's probably going to end up being normal and relatively happy
>>
>>89512075
Yes, Dean a shit. Always has been. Even he knows it.
>>
>>89510432
>>89511018
I would always treat my henchmen well and respectfully; I need them, after all, and better morale nets better results.
>>
>>89504350
Manotaur would've been a member, until Phantom Limb merced him.
>>
>>89512075
For a while I thought they were setting him up to be either the brains of future Venture Industries, and/or a magic user

But hes not really suited for either now
>>
>>89490890
Many of the darts WERE just tranqs

I think all of the Monarch's darts are lethal because I recently marathoned the series and never saw a single person get up after being hit by one
>>
>>89513456
>>89490890
I misread, disregard that I suck cocks
>>
>>89507276
>I AM OVERWEIGHT, OVER 50 AND SPEEDBALLING TRANQ DARTS AND PURE ADRENALINE!
>>
Will Rusty and the Monarch ever actually get into a physical altercation?
>>
>>89507970
There was one disturbingly likely theory that Blue Morpho was actually a hermaphrodite, and thus may be Monarch's "mother" Based largely around the Blue Morpho itself being a hermaphroditic species and Doctor Zee's insistence that when he slept wth BM in disguise as Billy Jean King he seemed to have all female parts down there
>>
>>89513647
Rusty's a pussy, it's incredibly unlikely he'll ever throw a punch at Monarch. And Monarch seems to prefer just shooting people.
>>
>>89513456
Monarch's own darts do seem to be lethal, as he's killed several of his own henchmen with them.
His hench's weapons are all knock-out darts it seems.
>>
>>89488862
I would say Rusty has gotten plenty of extensive backstory. Monarch is the one with a pretty mysterious past by comparison.
>>
>>89513743
>Monarch's own darts do seem to be lethal, as he's killed several of his own henchmen with them.

Is that confirmed? They may just be ignored once they're down and then get up and blend into the indistinguishable henchmen crowd.
>>
>>89505484
Archer?
>>
>>89513852
He killed his Number One the day they kidnapped Gary, that seemed to stick.
He also killed one of his henchmen in mexico episode, but it's hard to tell how much of that is canon.
>>
>>89513852

Some are fatal, some just knock you out. Depends on who's getting darted and how important they are to the plot.
>>
>>89513063
Reminds me of Hank Scorpio
>>
>>89513903
Henchmen are so weak that tranq darts might kill most of them, though.
>>
>>89513897
Yanno it just might be that
>>
>>89514330
He certainly had the right idea.
>>
>>89508411
Considering who his parents are I'd imagine he's a trust fund kid. Whoever manages all of it probably just pays for all of his shit so he doesn't run them into the ground.
>>
>>89505484
Sheila's essentially a supervillain level combatant that loves a low-tier villain enough to be his second. She kills her way through the Sovereigns lair solo, which is something very few people could accomplish.
>>
>>89514502
Yeah, it's specifically mentioned he's a trust fund kid. Phantom Limb mentions to Sheila that he's fencing art because "not everybody has a trust fund like you're old boyfriend to pay for things" or something like that.
>>
>>89514594
He also said himself that he's living off his parent's trust fund, or inheritance, in Dia de los Dangerous.
>>
>>89484051
Red Death is a walking atomic bomb
>>
Someone correct me on this; Wasn't Monarch arching Captain Sunshine before?
>>
>>89515176
I think monarch had something to do with the death of the original wonderboy?
>>
>>89515176
I don't think so. They just had some run-ins. Crossovers are allowed under some by-laws, probably.
>>
>>89515220
Whatever he did, Captain Sunshine II still has a grudge over it.
>>
>>89515220

He had (one of the) Wonderboy(s) murdered and his ashes sent to Sunshine while he was in prison in season 1/start of season 2.
>>
to end the shit about monarch he's a level 6
>>
File: 1485152206153.png (17KB, 418x359px) Image search: [Google]
1485152206153.png
17KB, 418x359px
>>89515760
episode 2 season 6
>>
>>89513456
He emptied his supply at the Pirate Captain in the latest season. Didn't even pass out. Idk maybe Pirate Captain is a special case, latent powers maybe??
>>
>>89516147
Pirate Captain is a recurring character, that gives him vastly increased stamina and resistance against random death.
>>
>>89484103
Yeah, same with Dr. Doom it's a flaw that cripples the villain from reaching his full potential. Like that one time Victor took over the world when it wasn't an issue.
>>
>>89516288
The captain is also addicted to the tranquilizers, Samson mentions that.
>>
>>89505484
>>89506463

Henchman and main villains are totally different things? How would Brock deal with dozens of costumed girls shooting at him?

So far in all t he years of Venture Bros. all the underlings have been male
>>
>>89516147
Well the Pirate Captain is specifically shown to recreationally abuse tranq darts. He's probably built up a resistance.
>>
File: Venture4.jpg (38KB, 420x280px) Image search: [Google]
Venture4.jpg
38KB, 420x280px
>>89516331
It's come up on occasion.
>>
File: 1456768606879.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1456768606879.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>
>>89515176
He wasn't officially arching him, as he put it after Sheila left him he was drinking a lot and ended up slaying Wonder Boy.
>>
>>89516371
>How would Brock deal with dozens of costumed girls shooting at him?
Kill them all, I suspect. Unless they posed absolutely no threat, or significantly less of one than the Monarch's minions.

Didn't Brock rough Myra up? I don't remember if he has a no hitting girls policy.
>>
>>89516518
Brock has violent encounters with Molotov Cocktease all the time.
>>
>>89516518
Brock doesn't have a no hitting girls policy but he does have a no killing women or children policy. Something that was instilled in him by Col. Gathers
>>
>>89516518
He fell into her while she was driving. Brock does not have a rule against hitting women since the women he deals with tend to be deadly.
>>
File: Balalaika.jpg (26KB, 599x339px) Image search: [Google]
Balalaika.jpg
26KB, 599x339px
>>89516575
The women and children thing is more along the lines of "don't murder noncombatants" is it not? Would he really refuse to respond with equal force if a bunch of trained and armed women were trying to kill him and Doctor Venture? That's silly.

You'd think more archvillains would take advantage of their adversaries' chivalry. Just gather up a bunch of women with even half the skill of Molotov, easy win.
>>
>>89516793
No, it's women and children in general. That's why Gathers got a sex-change, so that Brock couldn't kill him.
>>89516371
How would Brock deal with dozens of costumed girls shooting at him?
Probably fuck all of them. Or at least try to.
>>
File: Starcraft 2 general.png (111KB, 271x288px) Image search: [Google]
Starcraft 2 general.png
111KB, 271x288px
>>89516930
Yeah, that's the only reason Hunter got a sex change.
>>
>>89488783
Venture has been a sinking ship from his college days and the Guild saw that. He has a name, and some people want to one-time against him to say they had but only the Monarch wanted to do it long term. Hell, Sgt. Hatred only wanted to arch him to piss of the Monarch and Sgt Vatred probably agreed to body guard for the same reason.

With the wealth of JJ they boarded a life raft, but honestly they have or will run that one into an iceberg too.

I know they will, but I would love for them not to continue the failure path for Hank and Dean. They should get their own rogue's gallery (at least for a while) while adventuring and sciencing. Hank practically qualified for the OSI and kicked ass as Destiny (some of that was the super suit but he still had to direct it to a degree.)
>>
>>89517026
Well, that was the initial reasoning. Also to infiltrate Molotov's mercenary band.
In any event, it's the reason Brock didn't kill him.
>>
>>89517044
I thought he always wanted big beautiful tits.

I know he misses them.

We all miss them.
>>
File: Shot1614.jpg (54KB, 453x502px) Image search: [Google]
Shot1614.jpg
54KB, 453x502px
>>89517129
I know anon. I know.
>>
>>89517035

Triana's sister or something wanted to arch Hank and Dean for being dorks during the double date. Dr. Girlfriend thought she was a super villain and gave her a business card.
>>
>>89516793
>You'd think more archvillains would take advantage of their adversaries' chivalry.

It's pretty rare. I doubt anyone besides Brock and Gathers stick to that code anymore. Also there are loopholes, like it being fine to kill female assassins if they've been mutated into horrible Spanish fly monsters.
>>
>>89517035
>With the wealth of JJ they boarded a life raft, but honestly they have or will run that one into an iceberg too.

I could see Rusty steering JJ's company from Apple-like boundless success to Microsoft-like indefinitely sustainable mediocrity.
>>
>>89483586
Most of the villains don't realize the purpose of the Guild is to minimize their impact on the rest of society. That's why they hold back guys like The Monarch from becoming Cobra Commander.
>>
>>89496067

Dicks are funny.
>>
>>89515271
Return to Spider-Skull Island. It's in the list of things he has 21/24 do over the phone.

>Have you destroyed the giant cocoon headquarters?
>Not yet-
>Have you sent the charred remains of Wonder Boy to his beloved Captain Sunshine?
>Yes.
>Rewound and returned the director's cut of Working Girl?
>We tried, bu-
>Unleashed the herpes smeared sex-bots upon the traitorous members of the Guild?
>Yes.
>Filed Phantom Limb's garage with clingy, static charged Styrofoam packing peanuts?
>No.
>Sent apology letters to each of my sponsored Ugandan foster children?
>Check!
>Have you... KILLED THE VENTURE BROTHERS?
>>
>>89509141
I guess you could buy a costume at Party City and break into Elon Musk's house
>>
What the fuck is up with the transition from season 3 to 4?

Why does Hitler get namedropped out of fucking nowhere all the time?

pls let it be the return of hitlerina
>>
>>89503234
Is this a reference to something?
>>
>>89514571
Dr. Mrs. The Monarch seems like such a wasted potential within the narrative. She could do so much better. Irks the shit out of me. Being one of the Guild Council members is pretty good though.
>>
>>89513657
That actually seems very likely.
>>
>>89519200
Because if the guild and OSI went ALL OUT and let things get personal without supervision....the world would be fucked...it would be a WW3 - super science metahuman edition.
>>
File: 1480710340714.jpg (13KB, 208x208px) Image search: [Google]
1480710340714.jpg
13KB, 208x208px
Reminder that Rusty and The Monarch are brothers and there is nothing you can say to disprove that
>>
>>89521418
Burden of proof mane.
>>
>>89521023
Hitler was the dog which somehow was a hidden clone of Adolf
>>
>>89521648
Ya, it got revealed later in the episode. But BAM! Hitler out of fucking nowhere, with zero buildup what so ever, was really weird.
>>
>>89521685
It was just an excuse to have Dean yell "I love Hitler and Hitler loves me!" really.

>>89521648
I think it was more like the dog contained Hitler's reincarnated soul, which they wanted to transfer into a the cloned body of a "Beautiful sweet pink baby Hitler".
>>
>>89517035
>Hank and Dean should get their own rogue's gallery

I want this so bad. Pretty much all of the challenges they faced are either from their father and the way he raised them or his villains. It looks like they started it with Dean winning against the mutated intern and Hank's stint as the Bat in the "Venture Libre." They're pretty competent young men.
>>
>>89521648
>>89521922
Achually, the dog was a living container for Hitlers blood, which was then to be used as a base for cloning a new Hitler.

Of course, any normal person would store it in a freezer, so it being an excuse for the whole "I love Hitler" thing sounds plausible.
>>
>>89521980
Nah, Doctor O had to cleanse it with some magic fire then it had to be stabbed with a golden dagger.

It was totally a "soul vessel", no mere blood bag is that hard to pop.

Trust me, I re-watched that episode like two days ago.
>>
>>89513657

Its possible i think its more likely Morpho was his Mother and Father working together.
>>
File: 4567.png (1MB, 1296x850px) Image search: [Google]
4567.png
1MB, 1296x850px
>>89522018
>two days ago
And I watched it an hour ago.

This guy literally says that Hitlers blood is flowing in the dogs veins.

What Orpheus THINKS he has to do is something entirely different, especially since the dog hasn't been shown to actually have anything supernatural going on.
>>
>>89522107
No man, go back and watch it.

Brock stabs the dog with the golden dagger and it explodes into mystical flames, leaving no corpse behind.

It was a magic soul vessel dog, and you are not only arguing about a cartoon on the internet, but you are wrong about it.
>>
>>89522198
>why won't you take my headcanon as gospel
You can see the timestamp. Go back and listen to it yourself.

As for the dog vanishing, that could just as easily be the dagger causing anything it stabs to dissapear.
>>
File: Gathers.jpg (31KB, 252x321px) Image search: [Google]
Gathers.jpg
31KB, 252x321px
>>89522245
You're really reaching huh?

And besides all that, who says a Soul Vessel doesn't need blood?

You need something to bind the soul to - from the original body.

You just ain't very good at this whole pulp thing mixing science and magic are you?

Remember the time Dr. venture made a joy can powered by a damned orphan?

Besides, if the damn thing was just a sack full of blood why did they ned to call it by it's name?

Anon, you don't know dick.
>>
>>89522327
>Besides, if the damn thing was just a sack full of blood why did they ned to call it by it's name?

To give Dean an excuse to say he loves Hitler, which is the whole joke.
>>
>>89522327
Jesus Christ, this post is really fucking pathetic. Even by /co/ standards.
>>
>>89522375
Yes, the excuse being a dog with Hitler's reincarnated soul.

Come on you halfwit; the far right has been fascinated by eastern mysticism since the early 20th century.

Read some Julius Evola or something.

Reincarnating Hitler into the body of a specially prepared vessel is like pop culture Nazi mysticism 101.

Anyway, I'm not going to give you any more of my time, because damn it if you aren't determined to be wrong.

And that's your right as an American.
>>
>>89522375
>>89522415
Samefagging transparently.
The Autist shitposts.
And the internet, it reels.
>>
File: gerg34.png (51KB, 1253x661px) Image search: [Google]
gerg34.png
51KB, 1253x661px
>>89522440
Orpheus is a pompous tool. If he wasn't he wouldn't be relying on DRAMA and flashy shit.

I'll believe random nazi guy over him any day.

>American
Good thing I'm not one of those.

inb4
>lolxd shoop/phone/whatever
>>
>>89522488
The argument ended here.
>>89522245

The dog was magic, suck a cock.
>>
Why was it so easy for the Monarch Henchmen to kill Tim Tom?
>>
>>89521685
The whole episode starts in media res, then jumps back to where we left off last season.
>>
>>89523926
HENCH HAS KILLED HENCH
>>
>>89523926
There was like, a hundred of them against one midget. Come on now.
>>
>>89523926
Strength borne of resentment.

Monarch's crew are a bunch of low-motivation slackers and jobbers who spend most operations just trying not to get their asses kicked.

But the Moppets killed or injured quite a few of the Monarch's boys, and it was only a matter of time before they were pushed too far.

If it hadn't happened the way it had they woulda been stuck in a pillowcase and hucked off a bridge anyway eventually.
>>
>>89523926
Normally they were scared, already fleeing, and thinking as one. When they killed the Moppets though they were motivated with religious fervor by the Moppet's violation of traditional, sacred henchman law, which compelled them to think together as one, rather than fear for their individual safety. When they all started grouping up, the Moppets were scared because they'd never resisted before, which allowed the henchmen to take them down easily
>>
>>89505484
I think you're thinking of George Spelvin from Archer.
>>
>>89508411
Maybe henchmen are like pirates, they work for shares of the ill-gotten gains. I would think at least some of the supervillain orgs work like that.
>>
>>89509141
Do be advised that you probably wouldn't be spending most of your time doing the flashy antagonism stuff that you want. Most of the Guild's revenue-generating activities are just run-of-the-mill organised crime/industrial espionage stuff, the Monarch was only able to be a pure arch because he had his trust fund bankrolling him.
Thread posts: 201
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.