[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Superman Rebirth ongoing actually good or do I need to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

Is the Superman Rebirth ongoing actually good or do I need to be a nostalgiafag to enjoy it?

Seems to be one of the most praised titles around here.
>>
>>89472758
well the whole of point of Rebirth as a whole is telling stories fans of the character would actually enjoy. So if you didn't like Superman yesterday Rebirth isn't going to magically change your mind
>>
>>89472758
Well a few months ago I would say it's very newcomer friendly, though the most recent issues with the Multiverse makes me hesitant to make that claim.
>>
I only started reading superman in rebirth. And i think its fine. I like the fact that he has a family (beside dino island, that was really lame). But over all im not having a problem keeping up. U could go for it op
>>
>>89472758
the man superman series is. action comics is a genuinely mediocre comic.
>>
>>89472758
It's worth reading. ANYTHING seems better than New 52 garbage by comparison though.
>>
superman is great!
if what you are looking for is shoddy feel good writing whose main attraction is "look how NOT like new52 we are" then sure go ahead. it's ok i guess
action comics is jurgens thrash
new superman is kinda fun
>>
>>89472758
It kind of dragged at the start, but between the dinosaur island arc and the recently started Multiplicity, it's been consistently entertaining.
>>
It's good in general, but is better if you like cute father and son moments
>>
If you want a family book of Superman being a dad sure. If you want a Superman actually dealing with Superman things and challenges...not so much. It's kinda a vanilla book. The kid is a generic kid with nothing really to make him stand out. He is no Damien Wayne. He gets born and then time jumps and it is all happiness and good times and can't really say there is much new happening here that I have not seen before. I think the story with the son of Zod before they rebooted had more thematically to play with. This kid just gets to be superboy without truly earning it too me. Feels like DC saying lets give Superman a son as it works for Batman. But Batman needs Damien as Damien needs Batman for both to learn and grow thematically. Both are flawed and that makes for a better story. Nostalgia does drive Rebirth and after Superman shows the kid around and teaches him a few lessons I can see it becoming a bit dull because Superman is not really doing anything fresh as Superman. How long you can milk a generic kid...shrugs.
>>
>>89472758
I'm a huge superfag, and don't like it at all. It's full of hamfisted feels and stupid action scenes with a forgettable and predictable plot. Unless you have low expectations, there's nothing good about it. It isn't any better than even new 52 in terms of quality.

Just read the older Superman books.
>>
>>89472758
It has moon fights, dinosaurs, Frankenstein, slice of life, family bonding, youthful friendship, and multiverse shenanigans
>>
>>89472758
Superman Rebirth isn't very newcomer friendly, as it keeps leaning on older stories (many of which aren't even Superman stories.) Action Comics is absolute trash unless you're the most insufferable nostalgic idiot.
>>
One of the better books DC is producing right now.
>>
>>89474643
>But Batman needs Damien as Damien needs Batman for both to learn and grow thematically
Come on, anon. Batman doesn't need Damian at all and his existence actually hurts Batman if anything.

Jon is fine and actually grounded Superman. Tomasi is doing a good job with him so far and is buliding his personality. He is a likable kid and has potential.
>>
File: 1365642490209.jpg (413KB, 1024x1598px) Image search: [Google]
1365642490209.jpg
413KB, 1024x1598px
ITT: /co/
>>
>>89474024
>>89475484
>Action Comics is absolute trash
You should actually read it.
>>
>>89476089
I have, which is why I call it trash. It's boring, full of exposition and pointless monologues, uncreative, the characters have absolutely no personality outside of Lex who only barely shows a spark, and its arcs take one-issue filler ideas and turn them into six-issue affairs. It's honestly impressive how aggressively empty the book is.
>>
>>89476089
>5 issues of mindless Doomsday fighting
>few issues in which we were supposed to be given answers about mystery Clark but nothing happens
>latest arc had a good premise but terrible execution

It's been pretty bad so far.
>>
At least Snyder verse had a few seconds of Jimmy.
>>
>>89474825
Since the first arc, it barely has action scenes, much less stupid ones.

Fuck off, anon.

Yes, it is very good. Better than 99% being published right now.
>>
>>89478139
Jimmy who?
>>
>>89472758
>or do I need to be a nostalgiafag to enjoy it?

Why the fuck would you need to be a nostaligia fag? Superman doesn't live in metropolis and he has a kid.
>>
>>89474825
>It's full of hamfisted feels and stupid action scenes with a forgettable and predictable plot

How can you say that then tell somebody to read older Superman? This is business as usual
>>
>>89476041
>Jon is fine and actually grounded Superman.
But superman is already grounded
>>
>>89472758
I like it, but it is very much aimed at an audience that waxes nostalgia for a Reeves Superman that never existed in the comics.
>>
>>89479135
Its really not. Read more comics.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.