[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UNCOMFORTABLE TRUTHS There's nothing inherently wrong with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: angela_1-panel_reddit.jpg (760KB, 1986x1522px) Image search: [Google]
angela_1-panel_reddit.jpg
760KB, 1986x1522px
UNCOMFORTABLE TRUTHS

There's nothing inherently wrong with edgy 90s heroes. The only problem was shitty writing and art. Even the character designs were usually decent to awesome if you excluded Image.
>>
>>
>The only problem was shitty writing and art. Even the character designs were usually decent to awesome if you excluded Image.

There are no bad characters, only bad writers.

Except for Gambit
>>
>>
File: 04be40a36d522f318470d14db84ca3c1.jpg (426KB, 1502x2100px) Image search: [Google]
04be40a36d522f318470d14db84ca3c1.jpg
426KB, 1502x2100px
>>
>>89465127
Some characters are inherently shit though.

Gambit is one of them.
>>
Watchmen sucks.
>>
Image is shit with only a few decent titles ever.
>>
File: Savage.jpg (446KB, 1008x1553px) Image search: [Google]
Savage.jpg
446KB, 1008x1553px
>>89465112
>>
It's hilarious Marvel got Angela and a chance to give her a good costume and then she ended up with one that might be even worse

>>89466844

JAE LEE!
>>
>>89465127
>>89465202
FUCK YOURSELVES!
>>
>>89466844
That is fucking great except for the small hips.
>>
>>89466876
>might be even worse
>might be
>might
>>
File: image.jpg (403KB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
403KB, 988x1500px
Venom is a dumb character
>>
>>89465127
>>89465202
these niggas shitting on one of the top 10 x-men
>>
>>89465112
>The only problem was shitty writing and art

I will counter and say some of the artists are great, and their writing suffers more from quantity than quality. These guys, especially McFarlane, covered up too much of their own art.
>>
>>89467134
90's x-men was goat, storys, characters, character design and art. x-cutioners song, you get prof x rollerblading with jubilee, phalanx convent was cool and gave us gen-x, age of apoc was just plain cool, there was that avengers/x-men crossover where they TEAMED THE FUCK UP to rescue crystal and quicksilvers kid.
>>
>>89467163
yeah I like Gen X and AoA, plus I'm a sucker for Joe Mad during this time

Love the issue that's just Cannonball vs Gladiator
>>
>>89465112
There is no such thing as a "practical" superhero costume, because there is absolutely nothing "practical" about being a costumed vigilante who performs extra-judicial acts of violence.
>>
>>89467219
i just bought the trial of gambit trade this last weekend, and it has that issue, where cannonball just stands there and lets gladiator punch him. good stuff
>>
>>89467428
I'll counter your uncomfortable truth with another one.

I'm glad that superhero costumes are moving outside of tight spandex. The only thing spandex is good for is making muscles, boobs, and asses look shiny and clean. Which is great, if that's your kink, but it's a fucking cancer to character design, especially now that there are so many established heroes with spandex designs.

I like Captain Marvel's new costume. Hate the androgynous retcon, but love the costume. And Drew's costume. Hell even the new Squirrel Girl costume, because they're all different. They can still be cute/sexy, as shown when literally any other artists are brought on board to draw them, but they also look, well, good. Interesting. Visually cohesive beyond blunt throwbacks to obscure iconography of second rate characters.

And Power Girl doesn't need the cleavage window. She can have it, I don't want them to take it away or anything, but the autistic fit /co/ throws any time someone suggests removing it is absolutely fucking ridiculous. Having/not having the boob window doesn't change the fact that her tits are fucking huge and perfect, and her costume is already visually distinct enough to stand on its own without it. The only reason why it hasn't bitten the dust yet is because "not muh".
>>
>>89467487
Cannonball got such a great push to be a major X character in X-Force and Lobdell's Uncanny run, then it just stopped.
>>
>>89465112

Marvel has handled Angela terribly, she should go back to spawn universe.
>>
>>89467579
>doesn't change the fact that her tits are fucking huge and perfect
Except that when she had the windowless Perez outfit they made her boobs notably smaller also.
>>
>>89467695
I'm sure she's already been retconned out of universe, like Chapel from Youngblood being the man who originally killed Al Simmons turning him into Spawn
>>
>>89467715
Well that's a problem in and out of itself. But then the problem isn't the costume, it's the redesign of character build.
>>
>>89465112
You're goddamn right! PREACH!
>>
>>89467579
there's nothing true in this post though
>>
File: nightcrawlerageofapocalypse.jpg (405KB, 874x1310px) Image search: [Google]
nightcrawlerageofapocalypse.jpg
405KB, 874x1310px
>>89465112
AoA had some good writing and good art
>>
>>89467579
>I like Captain Marvel's new costume.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>89468202
>in and out of itself
>>
>>89466844
This is actually super cool.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.