[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>His name is "Shazam" You think Marvel would have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Whiz-comics-22-capt-marvel.jpg (117KB, 300x423px) Image search: [Google]
Whiz-comics-22-capt-marvel.jpg
117KB, 300x423px
>His name is "Shazam"

You think Marvel would have won the lawsuit claiming 'Captain Marvel' was their IP, if DC never bent over for those cease and desist letters?

Wouldn't it have been tough considering his popularity was well established 20 years before Marvel introduced their shitty OCDONUTSTEAL?

>The Captain Marvel name's been given to a dyke
This isn't what we nuked the japs for.
>>
Grant Morrison doesn't give a fuck and calls him Captain Marvel, as it should be.

Now that Marvel's Captain Marvel is the shittiest character ever, DC has the duty to fight back for the name.
>>
>>89464531
>Grant Morrison doesn't give a fuck and calls him Captain Marvel
Not a fan of his writing, but that's pretty neat. Rebirth I take it?
>>
>>89464626
No you dumbass,multiversity.

Johns "shazam" is what the suits asked him to get redy for the movie:

No gods as that means less christian fundamentalist murrikan money
No name issue
Diversity friends
Generic kids movie themes
PoC older person

>>89464422

Op, the change was about the movie, it was never about the comics. The same reason we didnt got canon development in almost 5 years.
The consultant, CCO and writer of "shazam" were the same person and he would get more money if the character was based ONLY in his version
>>
>>89464826
>The consultant, CCO and writer of "shazam" were the same person and he would get more money if the character was based ONLY in his version

I can't believe it took me too long to realize this.
>>
>>89465845
fuck
im just now realizing this too.
kek
>>
>>89465845
He took the writing job in batman and wonder woman too, Kek Johns isnt the brightest writer, but he is good doing business.
>>
>Mar-vell
>shitty
Fuck you
>>
>>89464826
>No gods
Except he has gods. They just made them different gods for Darkseid war, but they were still gods. I bet they'll keep his original gods for the movie.
>Generic kids movie themes
hah, what? People did nothing but bitch that NuShazam wasn't kid-friendly, and that he was gritty and edgy and dark. Plus, "kid friendly" is clearly not the DCEU MO, so why would they be aiming for that.

Your theory falls apart when you realize that this character that DC wanted "ready for the movie" has been utterly ignored, under-used, and now completely forgotten in the comics. I highly doubt they were going out of their way in 2011 to prep Shazam for a movie that isn't scheduled until, like 2020. You fucking autistic fuckers will ram the squarest pegs into the roundest holes sometimes.
>>
>>89464422
Considering DC got the rights to the character in the first place by claiming he was a Superman rip off, when they're so vastly different
>>
>>89467977
>They just made them different gods for Darkseid war, but they were still gods.

Soft retcon. 4 years later
>>
>>89468010
>Considering DC got the rights to the character in the first place by claiming he was a Superman rip off, when they're so vastly different

Not at all, they got them in the 74, almost 2 decades after fawcett died, and they didnt own the character until mid 80's
>>
>>89467977
Remember who put cyborg in the league that very same year?
>>
>Can't have a gf his age because he transforms into an adult body
>Can't have a gf the same age his Captain Marvel form appears to be because Billy is too young
What a shame.
>>
>>89468054
Yea but that original suit buried the character and is what made them able to get him.
>>
>>89468328
>Can't have a gf his age because he transforms into an adult body
That's not really an issue, he can't just not transform when he is with his gf.
>>
>>89468328
he wanted him some Stargirl in JSA
>>
>>89468343
Fawcett died in the early 50s just like every other superhero, the only reason captain marvel outsold superman for a time was that cap had a serial before superman. Stop the meme all. Comics were dying in the 50
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.