[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sometimes I wonder if enjoying cartoons and comics as an adult

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1470521902452.png (1MB, 852x854px) Image search: [Google]
1470521902452.png
1MB, 852x854px
Sometimes I wonder if enjoying cartoons and comics as an adult is us trying to escape from bitter reality, into the safe and happy universe we used to known from childhood.
>>
>>89445807
>Sometimes I wonder if enjoying cartoons and comics as an adult is us trying to escape from bitter reality, into the safe and happy universe we used to known from childhood.
This is why steven universe and star vs is the only things preventing me from killing myself, and why im still bitter about gravity falls
>>
>>89445807

Can you feel life moving through your mind?
Looks like it came back for more! yeah.

Can you feel time slipping down your spine?
You try and try to ignore!

But you can hardly swallow...
Your fears and pain...
And you can't help but follow,
And puts you right back where you came.
>>
File: 1407205683323.jpg (23KB, 526x358px) Image search: [Google]
1407205683323.jpg
23KB, 526x358px
>>89445807
anon, reality is shit. You`re here and then you`re not.
The whole point we even have comics and cartoons is to escape from said reality and distract you from asking those really shitty existential questions.
so shut your mouth,and watch some star vs faggot.
>>
File: 1452624224879.gif (2MB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1452624224879.gif
2MB, 750x750px
>>89445807
Adulthood is pretty shitty, can anyone blame us for wanting to escape into that wonderful world of childhood every now and again?
>>
>>89445953
Thats why i hate politics in cartoons
>>
>>89445980
>mfw this is the original purpose behind the whole vaporwave scene
>>
>>89445807
I just like animation.
My life is fine.
>>
It takes some work to make the most retarded thread ever made on 4chan, but congrats anananon, but you managed!

It's fiction, shit is meant to be a distraction shitlord.
>>
>>89446242
Tragedies are also fictions. Sometimes it's worse than reality yet people still eat that shit up.
>>
>>89445807
But I like depressing shows about how much life sucks?

Personally, I like animation because it allows for a lot more creativity and freedom in television, or on a budget. Whether it's matters of set pieces or settings, interesting worlds or character designs, or even just jokes that wouldn't work in live action. There are far more live action works that would also work animated than there are animated works that would translate to live action. Not that everything has to be animation, I love plenty of live action shows.

Dan Vs is a good example. The show was originally supposed to be live action, but during the development process, they decided on animation, and it really helped the show out. There are so many things that they wouldn't have been able to do in live action, and even if they had been physically able to do them on their budget, a lot of the jokes and plot elements just wouldn't work. But there were still episodes and plot elements that would have been fine live action.

Bojack Horseman wouldn't work in live action, even if you took out the animal characters (which would detract from the show) there are still a lot of jokes and moments that would have to change a lot.

But if you took, I don't know, Breaking Bad. Breaking Bad could work in animation. Albeit, hideously expensive animation that would have increased the budget many times over, but it would have worked. You could more or less translate it 1 to 1, and at that point, there are scenes and moments you could do a lot better in animation.

And sometimes, I just appreciate good art and good cartoonsmanship. It's nice to see an interesting, stylized depiction of the world, and events.
>>
>>89445807
I think you are just a fucking crybaby.
>>
>>89446242
>Unironically using the term "shitlord"
Back to tumblr faggot
>>
Well, it's not really uncommon
No matter what others say, everyone has something they use to distract them from reality
Be it books, sex, drugs, vidya, model trains, cooking or something entirely different
The thing that we're using it to get to "the safe and happy universe we used to know from childhood" isn't that absurd either

Why do people do it? Have you seen the world out there? it might look all green and nice at first, but once you hear about the things behind the scenes you can't help but getting depressed

There's absolutely nothing wrong with escaping from reality, you just can't let it dictate your life
>>
>>89446228
same
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.