[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So did Dynamite just give up or what? Are they gonna try again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: chaos.jpg (97KB, 452x700px) Image search: [Google]
chaos.jpg
97KB, 452x700px
So did Dynamite just give up or what? Are they gonna try again with this or is half a year all we get?
>>
In order to give up they first have to try.
>>
Just taking a quick glance at their site, I see the last issue of Chastity came out in 2014, and they don't list any of the pictured characters under the 'characters' section of the site.

I think it's pretty clear where Chaos! stands once again.
>>
You can't have Chaos without Lady Death, it would be like rebooting DC without Batman. They should just sell the rights back to Pulido.
>>
File: IMG_0334.jpg (371KB, 1000x1540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0334.jpg
371KB, 1000x1540px
They should continuing making comics based on things that have a fan base

picture unrelated sadly
>>
>>89396459
Isn't Wheel of Time still the second most popular fantasy series even though Song of Ice and Fire took over as #1?
>>
File: IMG_0679.jpg (353KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0679.jpg
353KB, 1000x1537px
>>89396523
We can only wish, all any one ever fucking talks about in Game of Thrones
>>
>>89396523
Beware ye black box, traveler, if ye unversed in the regards
>Wheel of Time
>Fantasy
>>
>>89396580
It's not High Fantasy (elves Dwarves, and everyone vomiting up magic left and right), but I sure would count it as a fantasy series
>>
Dynamite rebranded I don't know how these comics fit in
>>
>>89396643
So you say this knowing that magic doesn't exist in Wheel of Time?
>>
>>89396643

He's alluding to how it's also far future post apocalyptic sci-fi.
>>
>>89396765
It foes though, it's just not out right called magic, but it's also not an everyday occurrence.
>>
>>89396810
It's not magic, mate.
>>
>>89396871
I know this is going to spark the magic vs science trope, but would you mind explaining your reasoning to me? Everything other than the name of the One Power is more or less magic by most standards.
>>
>>89396871

Yes it is. If not, what is it?

Granted, there's also ancient tech and probably genetics, but there is magic.
>>
>>89396928

A lot of Age of Legends things are clearly tech. The material that is cold to the touch and yet not metal is almost assuradly plastic. But there is magic too. This guy is being dense.
>>
>>89396968
Maybe the author made some dumb comment about how they weren't actually writing "Fantasy" at some point? I recall that being a thing with some of the more pretentious fiction writers, though I don't recall if this guy had the same problem.
>>
>>89397944

No, Jordan always wore what he was doing on his sleeve. In fact, I'd be more surprised if he ever actually addressed the science fiction portions as such.
>>
>>89396643
It might not follow traditional fantasy settings, but it is still high fantasy. Also, all of the major tech uses the One Power as it's source or construction, and as the One Power is a magic system, it's not sci fi.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.