[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>movie quality animation >great designs >great villains

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (717KB, 780x548px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
717KB, 780x548px
>movie quality animation
>great designs
>great villains
>great voice acting
>overarching plot
>doesn't try to conserve the status quo
Why don't you like Trollhunters, /co/?
>>
>>89391685
2/5 of the poster characters sucked
And one of the good ones was killed off
>>
But I do like it
>>
>>89391685
I liked it, I just miss Anton Yelchin
>>
>GdT

i will check it out.
>>
>>89391685
It pretty guud
>>
>>89391685
Anyone shitting on it only watched the first episode. It's literally there to get rid of all the boring parts. The show is amazing.

Also, it has one of the best rogues galleries we've seen in a while.
>>
>>89391685
it's the "it's pretty ok" syndrome

When a series does not pander to sjw, waifus or is hatable /co/ does not give a shit.

We already discussed TH here.
>>
>>89391685
I don't have netflix so I guess i'll just torrent it or something
>>
>>89391685
Will they do Part 2? Or are they putting it on hold due to Yelchin's death?
>>
It's kinda really good icing on an 'okay' cake. Not a BAD cake. But just okay.

The extra flourishes we don't usually get in a kid's action/adventure cartoon (high quality animation, consistent voices, good plotting) are all here and really great. But the basics of this series are kinda meh. The setup is tired, the characters are cliche, and nearly all events/relationships are super telegraphed.

So once you get past the icing and discuss the real heft of the series, it's hard to discuss without bring up how boilerplate it really is. Which doesn't make it a poor quality show... but really what is there to talk about beyond a few standout things?
>>
>>89391685
It starts out too cliche and the overarching plot isn't too great. Even in the second half, which is a lot better, the plot just happens for the sake of happening. Why didn't Jim just kill Angor when he had the chance instead of hesitating on enslaving him? Why did the spell that would've cured Jim's mom make her forget about his secret, but not Strickler? Why are we supposed to sympathize with Strickler after all the shit he pulled? What happened to the arc of Arrrgh! growing increasingly aggressive after not being a pacificst?
>>
>>89393013
And even did they do the Angor thing instead of building on the Gunmar plot?
>>
>>89392886
In the interest of fairness, here are some of the good icing things from Trollhunters

The no BS approach to Jim and Claire's relationship. It's pretty clear that she likes him, and not Steve, but just doesn't like that Jim messes up the play rehearsals. Once the second half rolls around, they're super close and it's just the Trollhunting that roadblocks their relationship rather than petty squabbles.

The whole Not Enrique thing selling info to both sides in part 1 and then legitimately coming to care for his adopted sister in the second half.

Toby's relationship to Arrrgh! is genuinely sweet.

The traveling done in the second half to explore alternate Troll cities and types
>>
I liked the relationship between Strickler and Barbara.
It was an actual adult relationship in a children's cartoon.
That poor woman works herself to the bone to raise her son; she deserves some romance.
>>
>>89393272
I think they wanted to do a Big Bad on each arc and they didn't want to blow their wad on Gunmar yet.

I'm assuming they're guaranteed 78 episodes as well and they know how they're pacing the series. If they don't, then that's a fuck up.
>>
>>89391685
But I love Trollhunters.
It just has a really unfortunately bland name that makes you want to doubt talking it, but shit was cool.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.