[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://bumbleking.com/sonic-comics- for-april-2017/ April s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: STH294covers[1].jpg (919KB, 999x769px) Image search: [Google]
STH294covers[1].jpg
919KB, 999x769px
http://bumbleking.com/sonic-comics-for-april-2017/

April solicits are out.

The Sonic comic is safe(?)
>>
>>89381607
>The Sonic comic is safe(?)

Safe? Yes.

Good? No.
>>
>>89381607
Meh

Wish Sega would've pulled the license desu
>>
>>89381607

The ability to subscribe to the comic is still down so not necessarily.
>>
File: 1477033106205.png (89KB, 738x430px) Image search: [Google]
1477033106205.png
89KB, 738x430px
>>89381667
>>89381698
How does it feel having shit opinions all the time?
>>
>>89381607
>that Hesse cover

For real though, is Tyson Hesse the best artist the book has ever had?

Only Spaz and Bates even come close.
>>
>>89381607
>SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #294
>“Memories”: Sonic reminisces with his buddies Mighty and Ray, but Sonic and Mighty disagree on how they met. Can their friendship survive their egos’ revisions? Then in “Baking Bad,” Bunnie and Antoine put their competitive cooking skills to the test! Featuring cover art by Tyson
>Hesse and a “Kooky Kitchen variant” by Jennifer Hernandez!

>Script: Ian Flynn and Aleah Baker
>Art: Tracy Yardley, Terry Austin, Gabriel Cassata and John Workman
>Sonic the Hedgehog #294 CVR A Reg: Tyson Hesse
>Sonic the Hedgehog #294 CVR B Variant: Jennifer Hernandez, Gary Martin &
Matt Herms
>On Sale Date: 4/26
>32-page, full color comic
>$3.99 U.S.
>>
File: SU097covers[1].jpg (812KB, 995x769px) Image search: [Google]
SU097covers[1].jpg
812KB, 995x769px
>>89381850
>SONIC UNIVERSE #97
>“Freedom Fighters” Part Three: Amy Rose and Cream join Sally Acorn as they seek the components needed to repair Nicole’s systems, but during their quest an old adversary reemerges! Featuring cover art by Jamal Peppers and a “Sonic and the Freedom Fighters variant” by Tyson Hesse!

>Script: Ian Flynn
>Art: Adam Bryce Thomas, Jim Amash, Matt Herms and Jack Morelli
>Sonic Universe #97 CVR A Reg: Jamal Peppers, Jim Amash & Matt Herms
>Sonic Universe #97 CVR B Variant: Tyson Hesse
>On Sale Date: 4/12
>32-page, full color comic
>$3.99 U.S.
>>
>>89381828
>Spaz
>Good for non-cover/pinup needs.

I want this meme to die. Spaz is a strong illustrator but a mediocre comics artist. His sense for composition, flow and emotion is just awful.
>>
>>89381981

Not to mention he takes forever to do anything.
>>
>>89381607
>That SegaSonic cover

Perfection
>>
>>89381607
When will Mighty and Ray be in a new game?
>>
>>89383154
They're permanently delegated to "Missing" posters it seems.
>>
File: SonicBoom11.jpg (518KB, 1001x1538px) Image search: [Google]
SonicBoom11.jpg
518KB, 1001x1538px
>>89381828
I like Skelly.
>>
>>89383560
But anon, it's off model and cartoony, that means it isn't as good as Spaz's incredibly proportionally accurate art!

She reminds me of Manak, just more talented.
>>
>>89381828
Spaz and Bates were great. I especially liked Spaz for all the different styles he went through, but he was always proficient.

I think it's funny that Yardley established the current look of the book, but he's ostensibly the worst at replicating it.

Hesse is absolutely amazing for that retro-Sonic look, but I also really like Diana Skelly. Last arc she did was the Fighters one, I think, and it made it even more enjoyable.

>>89383584
have people seriously complained about Skelly's art like that?
>>
>>89384058
People've complained about her being too cartoony, not cartoony enough, too expressive, not having a wide enough range of expressions, being too samey, being too wild, etc.

She has a style and that's a problem, you see.

Also, she did 3/4 of Panic in the Sky. She has a problem with deadlines. And Yardley's probably one of their best at panel composition and page layout.
>>
>>89381698
I feel bad for admitting this, because I've been reading the book since it launched, and it's just kind of existing now. It's not so bad you can make fun of it, but it's certainly not as good as it was before the Sega mandates. I'd like for them to plan a decent finale so we could get some closure, but at this point, I feel like it's impossible for multiple reasons. The fact that the book has been going on so long, for any endgame story to feel like it has impact, it would need to be a massive plot that spans at least 12 issues, maybe more. This is all undercut, however, by the fact that we had a soft reboot not too long ago, so the book still feels new while being old at the same time. And it's not like Sega would allow them to actually tie off the story in any way.
>>
>>89384149
>but it's certainly not as good as it was before the Sega mandates.
You mean 2002 or so?
Because Flynn and Tracey didn't come on-board to a new set of rules, and they didn't get new shit slapped down on them.
>>
Big shocker, everybody got wound up by Penders.
>>
>>89384267
Well obviously there were some rules introduced with the reboot (Romance, no new family members, although by the end of the reboot it was already kind of in place) but yeah, the mandates go back a lot farther than people think they do.
>>
>>89384370
Less introduced and more "writers are now taking the rules more seriously because there's no longer a precedent and they don't wanna get fucked over."
>>
>>89384486
True, didn't even consider that.
>>
Is it safe?

Is it safe?
>>
>>89384512
Nothing has been confirmed. It looks like it's safe for NOW, but until either subs go back up or there's an official statement nothing is certain
>>
>>89384497
Makes sense, though. All the romance pre-reboot was stuff that was previously established, and Sonic and Sally only got to date for two issues because it was setting up for Mecha Sally.
>>
>>89381607
Solicits don't mean very much

t. bitter collector getting more and more angry at Archie's inability to release fucking reprints and Sonic digests
>>
>>89384743
Semi-related, but wasn't Archie getting tons of complains from subscribers that they weren't getting their issues either on time, were getting duplicates, or just not at all? Perhaps they took them down because they needed to either rework it or realized it wasn't viable
>>
>>89384878
That'd be fine and dandy, but they probably would've (or at least should've) made a public announcement if it was simple or 100% temporary. They shouldn't let cancellation rumors like this fester out of control.

Also, wouldn't their main books be affected too?

No matter what happened, Archie just looks fucking incompetent.
>>
>>89384959
>Also, wouldn't their main books be affected too?
You would think, but no. Archie really is this incompetent
>>
>>89384878
I don't know how big a problem that is. I know my issues come a lot later nowadays than a year or so ago, but I assumed it was just to prevent scan leaking or me being too far from where they ship
>>
>>89385168
I've seen people getting issues late, and I remember someone ordering a bundle 2 years ago and he still doesn't have it
>>
>>89383252
They better graduate from background gag at some point. But I don't trust anyone in charge of the Sonic games. I mean, aside from the Mania guys.
>>
>>89385356
They seem to be cutting down on friends nowadays so expect it to be Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and the occasional Amy.
>>
>>89385392
That wasn't really a comment on the characters making it into Mania. Just a general distrust for the decisions of Sonic Team.
>>
>>89385392
Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and the occasional Amy

or

Sonic, Shadow, Silver and the occasional Metal Sonic
>>
>>89384743
>starts new archives/reprints series
>cancels it less than halfway through
>repeat
>>
>>89386088

Except for Knuckles, which they canceled with like two volumes left.
>>
>>89383584

Manak was the worst ever. Looked like a 3rd grader was drawing the comics.

Mawhinney was GOAT
>>
File: Manak vs Mawhinney.png (1MB, 665x995px) Image search: [Google]
Manak vs Mawhinney.png
1MB, 665x995px
>>89386223
>That guy who was actually a great cartoonist, very capable at displaying action and emotion? Fucking garbage!
>You know who WAS great? That washed up Disney wannabe storyboarder who was incapable of drawing things that weren't fixed character designs and had troubled displaying even the most basic emotions and actions! He was the best ever!

I think you need to never talk about comics again.
Ever.
>>
>>89385392
>>89385642
I don't see why people are against extended cast. As long as any game keeps a single game minimal like this:

Sonic, Friend, other friend

I don't need those other two to always be Tails and Knuckles, I really don't.
>>
File: 1458443721352.png (354KB, 827x1047px) Image search: [Google]
1458443721352.png
354KB, 827x1047px
>>89381607
I'm looking for a new place to read sonic comics online, anyone can help?
>>
>>89387370

readcomicsonline.to has them.
>>
>>89384370
Almost all those rules were in place when 2006 started, you just took really long to notice.
>>
>>89385642
Shadow and Silver only show up these days as extended cast.
>>
>>89386675
Neither of them adapted to the modern Sonic aesthetic amazingly, but Manak sure did it way better. His art was way better, just a bit more crude so it didn't get as lauded as the more lush and elaborate but extremely stiff and restrictive Mawhinney.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.