[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Canadian/Colombian animation studio wanted to create a movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

File: 6f99c845476983.583291c9d1b7e.jpg (430KB, 608x900px) Image search: [Google]
6f99c845476983.583291c9d1b7e.jpg
430KB, 608x900px
A Canadian/Colombian animation studio wanted to create a movie about a 13 year old girl who gets abducted by aliens who deem earth to hostile due to alien movies like Alien and Independence Day. Now they want to base it around Trump and Brexit and Trump and Trump. It will be 2d animated.

I hope it doesn't get funded. What do you think?

>The first film from Last Studio Standing is Tonya (almost) Saves the Earth, a sci-fi comedy to be released in the Spring of 2017. In the film, a 13-year-old high school student is abducted at random and asked to mount a defense of humanity against aliens who believe the humans are too violent and aggressive for the safety of the galaxy. As evidence, the aliens rely on intercepted Hollywood films that show human's triumphantly killing the aliens time and again. "At first we thought it was just a fun film – but after Brexit, Trump, and the rise of anti-religious and anti-immigrant political movements it really became a film about xenophobia and the fear of 'other' that is a very human fear," said Jessica Hendrickson, who is a creative producer on the project.

These smug Canadians call themselves the Last Studio Standing, meaning in terms of 2d animation.
>>
>DONT MAKE FUN OF MUH REALITY TV STAR PRESIDENT IN MUH SAFE SPACE
>>
>>89379822

Eh, nothing wrong with more movies. If people want to see something that criticizes Trump, they will.

Besides, for all we know, they could mean that real world event made it so the film could be viewed in a different light, or they could just be trying to get attention so they get funded.
>>
File: IMG_1981.gif (52KB, 900x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1981.gif
52KB, 900x300px
Why would aliens be afraid of a twitter shitposter with great hair?
>>
>>89379822
>and the rise of anti-religious
Canada is an atheist country. Why would they care?

Oh right, Islam.
>>
So even more ham-fisted than the Day The Earth Stood Still remake.
>>
>>89379822
>colombian
Fucking assholes, This must be the work of a (((Paisa))), They are the jews of Colombia
>>
>>89381114

The special place the regressive left holds in their victim pyramid for Islam when Islam is a conservative patriarchal religion will never baffle the hell out of me.
>>
>>89381285

>will never not baffle the hell out of me

Is what I mean to say.
>>
it's not about trump, they're just using that as PR bait
>>
>>89379822
I'm getting really tired of the Authoritarian Left here in Canada. They make guys like this seem conservative.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmnEQimguUI
>>
>>89379822
>2D animated movie
>Doesn't bother to make the main character look good

I ain't wasting my fucking time on this shit. If you're gonna be 2D, give me something good to look at. At least make her fappable!
>>
>>89379822
>but after Brexit, Trump, and the rise of anti-religious and anti-immigrant political movements it really became a film about xenophobia and the fear of 'other' that is a very human fear

What is wrong with this?
>>
File: 1480242631257.jpg (4KB, 93x134px) Image search: [Google]
1480242631257.jpg
4KB, 93x134px
Is every single fucking piece of media going to reference trump in some capacity now?
>>
>>89381040
I'm just sick to death of the tantrums. There's been so many.
>>
>canadian/colombian
that's one weird and shitty combination

>>89381179
Blame Santos, that works too
>>
People are allowed to make stuff whatever they want. You don't have to see it.
>>
>>89381179
>huge diaspora
>they form tightly knit communities where they go
>distinct culture within their country
>seriously, fucking everywhere. Ever homesick? there's bound to be a paisa selling all sorts of colombian stuff

Fuck me, you're right. Not that as a caleño we're any better, what's up with our tendency to get out of dodge then establishing an enclave no matter where?
>>
>assuming Brexit and Trump are about xenophobia
The politics are already shallow trash before it even begins.
>>
File: image.png (867KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
867KB, 1024x768px
>art will suffer for the next 8 years because libshits will force politics into their work
>>
>>89384847
Audiences will flee. Blowhards will fail. The Winnowing has begun.
>>
>>89384030
Well Donald lost the popular vote, so don't expect most Americans to automatically start loving him. Obama won the popular vote by a hefty margin and he was being constantly attack for his entire presidency. Trump's in for a rough ride.
>>
>>89383975
They did it with Bush and it's going to be far less subtle now.

And this was Bush we're talking here
>>
>>89384030
>I'm just sick to death of the tantrums. There's been so many.
You can't seriously expect people to just roll over and not express their dislike for things. Bush was ridiculed for the better half of his entire presidency and Obama was blocked and mocked at every turn by his opponents. What did you think was going to happen especially in, I can't believe I'm saying this but it actually works here, the current year of 2017?
>>
>>89379822
Holy shit, you people don't even live in this country, Why do you care?
>>
Why was Brexit bad?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3024x1998px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3024x1998px
>>89385913
>won the popular vote by a hefty margin

I wonder why.
>>
>>89386086
Nobody really liked the other guy?
>>
File: 1484558124840.gif (2MB, 300x403px) Image search: [Google]
1484558124840.gif
2MB, 300x403px
>>89379822
Of course it's fucking Canada

Would Trump please just annex this fucking country already, I can't even remember the last time I felt proud to be Canadian.
>>
>>89379822
>lose hard
>make films about how you're a loser
I'm glad social justice is dead
Now we can laugh at these people for being the crybaby pussies they are, just like we did in the 90s
MAGA
>>
>>89386077
I'm not British so I have no idea, but it sounds like a "Things should never change" mentality going around.
>>
>>89386077
>B-brexit only happened because of right wing racists who hate refugees!
>Absolutely no one on this planet could ever feel dissatisfaction with the EU
>>
>>89384030
So don't throw one.
>>
>>89379822
Zootopia did it already.
>>
File: remove leaf.png (354KB, 525x349px) Image search: [Google]
remove leaf.png
354KB, 525x349px
>>89379822
>Canadian
>animation
Say it with me:
>A
>>
>>89379822
>afraid of humans
>kidnap a human and make her fight against her own species

How does that work?
Is it supposed to be a metaphor for being a self-hating liberal?
>>
>>89381285
>>89381326

Me too. I can understand them supporting an oppressed underdog, but not the most numerous and powerful religion on Earth, that also opposes everything they stand for and openly broadcasts how they'll gladly kill all of them the moment they take power.

The far-left is just as bad at distinguishing the various facets of radical Islam from the rest the religion as the far-right is.
>>
>>89386522
FUCKING
>>
>>89379822

That seems like a bad idea.

Sure Trump is a thinskinned barely coherent asshat. but you cant float an entire movie on "Donald Trump is crazy" no matter how true that is.

Also "Man was the real monster" is fairly tired too. It can be done well, but usually is not.
>>
How can we solve the Canadian Problem?
>>
File: you're next leafniggers.jpg (70KB, 1228x681px) Image search: [Google]
you're next leafniggers.jpg
70KB, 1228x681px
>>89386158
>annex
>implying that they are not getting WALL'D too
>>
>>89386911
Cut off their maple syrup supply.
>>
>>89387048
Wow, calm down there, Hitler.
>>
>>89381114
>Canada is an atheist country
You've never looked at any statistics before have you?
>>
>>89384633

They aren't about xenophobia for everyone who supported them but the loudest most obnoxious group of supporters do often make it about xenophobia.
>>
>>89386816
LEAF
>>
>>89381132
Or "Encounter at Farpoint."

Oh, J. Random Teenager, save us from summary judgement by the Q Continuum for having been unrepentant jackasses for most of our existence!
>>
>>89386588
>But they're a BIG group! How is it physically possible for any person or country to oppress someone who's part of a BIG group!?
Well, anon, there are several sociopolitical factors involved which could cause that to occur.

For example, there's the fact that individuals in a group aren't necessarily the entire group at once.

There's also the fact that a group might be a disenfranchised minority in one area but not anoher.

Also, groups are not monolithic, and things which apply to one subgroup don't necessarily apply to other subgroups and everyone in them.

If the concept still seems hard to believe, you could compare it to the way suspected communists were treated during the Cold War. It's true that there were several massive communist countries far away from America, and it's also true that some of those governments violated human rights and otherwise did horrible things. At the same time, anyone in America who was suspected of "communist sympathies" was a target of oppression and mistreatment, because they were associated with The Enemy even if they had nothing to do with any of its atrocities; the fact that the Soviet Union exists afforded them no protection from this unfair treatment because that is not how oppression works.

A lot of social justice issues stop making sense when you dumb them down to a level that a child would find insultingly simplistic.
>>
File: blog_crazy_laugh.jpg (19KB, 320x256px) Image search: [Google]
blog_crazy_laugh.jpg
19KB, 320x256px
>>89385913
>obama was constantly attacked
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.