[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Batman's cowl look more like a cat's head

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 277
Thread images: 29

File: file.png (1MB, 1013x799px)
file.png
1MB, 1013x799px
Why does Batman's cowl look more like a cat's head than a bat's head? Is he a Catman now?
>>
>>89360623
Because we need to change his costume for toys/other merch. Guarantee he has like 3 other looks.
>>
>>89360660

But his cowl looks horrible.
>>
File: 1459137548901.jpg (24KB, 184x181px) Image search: [Google]
1459137548901.jpg
24KB, 184x181px
>>89360623
Angle is bad first of all, and they don't look that awful.

But I might be blinded from how bad Flash and Cyborg look.
>>
>>89360623
How can you question Batman when flash looks like he came from the new Power Ranger movie and Cyborg looks like a gaming computer?
>>
>>89360744
Not saying it isnt, ears look shit
>>
>>89360753
Flash looks great
>>
>>89360780
Flash is over textured to hell.
>>
File: 1457723051167.jpg (168KB, 1812x892px)
1457723051167.jpg
168KB, 1812x892px
>>89360780
>>
>>89360623
so this is the movie that says that this is the crime syndicate earth? and we get the real versions of the heroes after this?
>>
>>89360623
>MUSCLE GUY
>MUSCLE GUY
>MUSCLE GU...MACHINE
>Some actress

Nothing can make up for the shit casting.
>>
File: CS.jpg (606KB, 790x1200px)
CS.jpg
606KB, 790x1200px
>>89362378
I fucking wish. Crime Syndicate would have redeemed everything.
>>
>>89360791
That is true, and that's the real problem not the motorcycle plates
>>
>>89362378
The people making the DC movie-verse aren't that smart or creative.
>>
>>89362425

They're smarter and more creative. That's the problem. Fans want the same shit. That's why they want these new takes to be the Crime Syndicate.
>>
When is the fucking trailer coming out already?
>>
>>89362378
>>89362409
This meme is as tired as the one where Eisenberg was actually playing Lex Luthor's son.
>>
>>89362630
Don forget the joker is actually Jason todd
>>
Welcome to Batman.
>>
>>89362630
not as tired as the
>DCEU IS ACTUALLY GREAT AND IS TOO SMART FOR NORMIEMARVELFAGS, ONLY BECAUSE MARVEL IS POPULAR, AND DC IS ALSO POPULAR BUT LESS SO, SO I HAVE TO PRETEND TO LIKE IT BECAUSE IM A HIPSTER DOUCHEBAG WHO CANT ADMIT ITS NOT A COMPETITION BETWEEN COMPANIES
meme
>>
>>89362630
No one is really expecting the CS thing to happen dumbass, we're just pointing out that it would have been a better setup than what we're getting
>>
>>89362769
>we're just pointing out that it would have been a better setup than what we're getting

No it wouldn't, everyone is just balking at the mildest bit of edge on their Justice League for some reason.
>>
>>89362726

What if people just like DCEU? Are they allowed that?
>>
>>89362726
Iron Man 3 is probably the only actually good MCU movie so far. BvS ruled, Man of Steel was OK, Suicide Squad was fun if not good, but you could say that about almost every marvel movie as well.
>>
Because "long ears are too silly" and "Frank Miller like short ears"
>>
>>89362726
It's not a competition, but I honestly think MoS is a great movie. If there was no other Superman movie in history, people would have embraced it wholesale.

It gets hammered for these beats that might make sense in the narrative - like "Maybe" - that grind against the collective public sense of who Superman should be. This doesn't happen when Robert Downey Stark isn't an alcohlic.
>>
>>89362992
Long ears are shit and people only like them because they because they got into comics from the Arkham games. Middle to short is the only way to go.
>>
>>89360623
Cyborg is kinda of growing on me.
>>
>>89362825
im not trying to say you cant like it. but liking something is only a fraction of a quality indicator. i love batman and robin, but i can admit all of its flaws and why most people dont like it. i do the same for the mcu, i just think they pass more criteria to be quality than what warners has come up with so far.

>>89363104
i agree with you, example the burton batman movies. they're shitty batman movies, and just ok movies, but the world loved every minute of it. man of steel just didnt work for me, i wasnt entertained, and the majority of the plot/look/action/etc were kinda overwhelming in a negative.
and i agree with you on the iron man thing, they went a different path from an important character flaw. but i see the difference as, they made a change, people liked it, and they explanded on their version. with superman, most people didnt like thier interpretation, and in BvS, they doubled down and even more people hated it.
>>
>>89360623
This is gonna be so bad, lol
>>
>>89363448
>example the burton batman movies. they're shitty batman movies, and just ok movies

Batman Returns is the best Batman movie and I won't hear otherwise.
>>
>>89360623
Cyborg looks like a futuristic Bonsall slave.
>>
>>89363500
Yeah, let's go hashtag Justice Sucks on twitter.
>>
>>89363565
>bondage slave
>>
>>89363603
Get a life, nerd.
>>
>>89363448

I think MoS was more polarizing than tepidly received. People dug it, or they want to find the masters and burn the thing out of existence. It evokes strong feelings.

At the same time, i don't think WB will be fucking around with much more of this 'Deconstruction' business. I'm sure they want at least one broad, general, 'JJ Abrams'-level crowdpleaser with Cavill.

I loved all that about MoS. It doesn't feel like any other movie, it feels very, very characteristically its own thing. The OST is one of my single favorite pieces of music, too, and it gives the movie the feel of a weird percusso-electro/ metal folk/rock opera.
>>
>>89363655
Wow you're such a cool guy, anon
>>
>On other member of the Justice League is missing from this pic: Henry Cavill's Superman, who carked it at the end of Dawn Of Justice. But death is like a loss of form - merely temporary. "Superman does play a big part in this movie," teases Snyder. "His presence and lack of presence, are big story points..." You can't keep a good Man Of Steel down.
>>
>>89364212
You can't even insult someone without sounding like a faggot, there's no hope for you.
>>
>>89364284
Where's this from? Also I heard someone on twitter say the trailer is dropping on Friday, any truth to this?
>>
>>89364323
From the side panel on the magazine
Heard nothing about Friday
>>
>>89364290
I'm sure a cool guy like you can do anything for us nerds.
>>
>>89363529
Its a good movie with batman in it, but its not a batman movie
>>
>>89364053
I just dont think they can dig themselves out of the deconstruction hole and make it seem organic.

Also i like the soundtrack too. Zimmer has only fucked up a few times ...COUGHAMAZINGSPIDERMAN2COUGH.... Ugh, sorry. Think im getting a cold.
>>
>>89364562
This has always been the dumbest argument. "It didn't focus on the aspects of Batman I deem important so it's disqualified from being a Batman film"
>>
>>89364647
We'll see. I think they can, as long as they engage the audience and manage to hit a tonal sweet spot. No-one really cares about contradictions in the MCU, for example. People complain about them, but it's forgiven.

As far as Supes goes? The resurrection of him would seem a pretty obvious way to justify a personality shift.

>COUGHAMAZINGSPIDERMAN2COUGH

hahaha. I wasn't big on it either, man.
>>
>>89362421
maybe they're getting ready for Injustice Year One

honestly Cavill as an angry despot dictator Supes is more believable with his constant diarrhea face
>>
>>89365067
It misses the core of the character, its just a good movie that plays with a few of the character names and looks
>>
>>89365098
Tonal contradictions or story ones?
>>
>>89362630
Technically that's not false, the Lex Luthor in that universe has a father who is also called Lex Luthor
>>
>>89365772
How does Batman Returns miss the core of Batman?
>>
>>89362458
LOLLLLLLL
>We could sell dry stale poop and make millions
>we should spend 500 million making new wet poop that nobody wants to buy
>smarter
>more creative
>>
>>89367631
its about a murderer who gives away his secret identity to any pussy he gets (pun intended). he's not a smart detective, he doesnt lurk in the shadows, he doesnt use his martial arts skills and superior strategy to dispatch of his foes non-lethally. he just kinda dresses like batman in a rubber muscle suit and figures out the penguin is a bad guy when he sees him do bad things.

i still agree that its a great movie though.
>>
I can't get over how bad the Flash suit is.
>>
>>89360623
batman's cowl never looked like a bat head
the closest it ever got was stan lee's re-imagining of batman
Hank Venture's bat costume from south america looks more like a bat than batman's ever has
>>
>>89360623
Cyborg looks so fucking stupid. I feel really bad for his actor.
>>
I'm really hyped for it.

I loved Ben Affleck as Batman. I'm totally okay with Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman (not like super excited, but fine with); really excited for Ezra Miller as the Flash; and I could care less about Cyborg, but I do still prefer him over Martian Manhunter and Hal Jordan so whateves.

I'm keen for Steppenwolf as the villain, and I'm excited for the return of Lex and Superman. I know I'm the only one who liked Eisen-Lex, but fuck it I'm seeing the movie for me not for you guys.
>>
>>89368207
>its about a murderer who gives away his secret identity to any pussy he gets (pun intended). he's not a smart detective, he doesnt lurk in the shadows, he doesnt use his martial arts skills and superior strategy to dispatch of his foes non-lethally. he just kinda dresses like batman in a rubber muscle suit and figures out the penguin is a bad guy when he sees him do bad things.
That's quite literally the case with every single depiction of batman on film.
>>
>>89369116
which is why i dont call any live action batman movie a batman movie. mask of the phantasm is the only theatrically released batman movie that is a batman movie.
>>
File: batman1.jpg (85KB, 575x373px)
batman1.jpg
85KB, 575x373px
>>89360623
Only OG Batman had a cowl that looked remotely like bat ears.
>>
Hope the trailer is coming out Friday, definitely want to see something spectacular.
>>
>>89362825
NO! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
>>
>>89369077
Ok Im calling shenanigans! This has to be a shill/paid post, SHENANIGANS! NO ONE is ever "keen" on fucking Steppenwolf
>>
Half this thread is shitposts
>>
>>89371206
autism
>>
The trailer will be out soon and hopefully answer the question: Has WB cucked Snyder? Or is he still making Kino magic despite an ungrateful public?
>>
>>89371244
Riiiight. Because Steppenwolf was in everyones top 5, no, 10 villains people wanted to see headline in the first JL movie. When in the hell has anyone given a flying fuck about Darkseids uncle?
>>
>>89360623
What's wrong with it? It looks more ear-like than the horns we got in Nolan's movies.
>>
>>89371281
my guess is the trailer's out either at the Superbowl or Skull Island's release. Small chance it ships with Lego Batman.

It's going to be a crowd-pleaser, like the Comic-Con trailer. We probably won't be able to reasonably infer it's quality from it. I'm still cautiously optimistic Snyder can make another great superhero film even if WB forced him and Terrio to write in Whedon quips.
>>
>>89371503
>It's going to be a crowd-pleaser, like the Comic-Con trailer

Yeah but they'll at least have some action to show. I want to see how they interact in motion, that's the real important aspect to me.
>>
>>89371291

If it were me I might not have picked Steppenwolf. But Steppenwolf is really legit for introducing Darkseid and the other New Gods.
>>
HAIL SNYDRA
>>
>>89371816
Its needless cockteasing really.
>JL with Steppenwolf
>Parademon Invasion!
>JL with Darkseid
>Parademon invasion!......again
Moreover, why not just do a 4th World movie featuring Orion vs Darkseid, THEN do JL vs Apokolips?
>>
>>89360623
He's slowly becoming Owlman
>>
>>89372657
His Parademon suit is pretty much straight up Owlman with the goggles and a more swept back top that looks more like a owl head crest.
>>
>>89371648
Really want to see Snyder's version of superpowered team battles.
>>
>>89373520

It'll be more crumbling buildings and 9/11 imagery and butt-ugly greenscreen backgrounds.

BvS managed to take a Trinity battle and suck all the life out of it, and somehow Snyder thought that removing civilians was the way to fix it instead of

>punch
>punch
>punch
>punch into building
>punch
>punch

going on forever.
>>
>>89374250
The Trinity battle ruled all. Wonder Woman fucking shit up with sword and shield, Batman finessing Doomsday with the grappling hook, and Superman/Doomsday heat vision face off were all awesome. The finale where Wonder Woman lassos Doomsday, then Batman hits hit with the kryptonite gas, then Superman stabs him through the heart with the kryptonite spear before was magical, especially when Superman has sacrifice his life to deliver the killing stroke.
>>
>>89362378

I kind of hope John's twist to save this mess is to turn the films we've seen so far into the Flashpoint bullshit Earth that gets fixed later on.
>>
>>89364284
>You can't keep a good Man Of Steel down.

Huh. They let Cavill go.
>>
I still think this movie's going to be a disaster on the scale of The Adventures of Pluto Nash.
>>
>>89375136

BvS was already the Battlefield Earth of the decade.

What will the JL movie be when BvS already won the crown?
>>
>>89375171
No, BvS was a critical failure and underperformed at the box office, but it still made a decent amount of money. Battlefield Earth was one of the biggest bombs in Hollywood history.

I think Justice League bombing is a possibility, though. It will all depend on how good Wonder Woman is. If Wonder Woman sucks then that's going to be one turd too many and I think JL will bomb.
>>
>>89375171
Anyone thinking BvS was as bad as that is nuts.
>>
File: 2955.jpg (68KB, 400x621px)
2955.jpg
68KB, 400x621px
>>89363142
Fuck you, Kelley Jones Batman is the best Batman.
>>
>>89375256
totally BvS was 1000 times worse than Battlefield Earth
>>
>>89360623
You blind.
>>
>>89360623
So this is the Justice League. This is not only the culmination of my hopes and dreams from watching the JL cartoon, but also the legacy of my father's hopes and dreams from reading about them since his childhood in the 60's.
This is what it has all come down to. The greatest cinematic even since The Lord of the Rings.
I'd weep, had I any tears left to shed.
>>
>>89375934
>but also the legacy of my father's hopes and dreams from reading about them since his childhood in the 60's.

It'll be a crushing blow to have a bad JL movie after already having a whiny little bitch for a kid. I feel sorry for your dad.
>>
>>89376010
Hey, at least it wasn't me who paid to go see Man of Steel. It was him. He's suffered enough.
>>
Waiting on this goddamned trailer forever now.
>>
>>89360623
Three awkward Cosplayers and a RealDoll.
>>
>>89371206

I like Steppenwolf...
>>
>>89375934
>So this is the Justice League. This is not only the culmination of my hopes and dreams from watching the JL cartoon, but also the legacy of my father's hopes and dreams from reading about them since his childhood in the 60's.

Oh my God, faggot shut the help up. It's just a movie you sad cunt
>>
>>89376171
But is it just a movie anon? Or is it perhaps something more?
>>
>>89376178

Yes, it's the destruction of the DCCU brand as well.
>>
>>89376115
I wish they would sell WW realdolls.
>>
>>89360623
Gadot always looks so awkward in these shots.

Also does the entirety of this movie take place underground in cement corridors?
>>
>>89376201

I doubt it. This shit will print money
>>
>>89376236

They're in the batcave somewhere ready to do their weekly orgy.
>>
>>89376243

Have Zack ever directed a movie with a lot of comedy? Because that's what they seem to aim for and i just can't see Zack pulling it off. Guy's a tad... morbid.
>>
>>89368464
>He still thinks the DCEU is salvageable
>He's still excited for a Cyborg solo film
>He's been trying to push #BorgLife everywhere
It's not going to end well
>>
>>89376236

>Also does the entirety of this movie take place underground in cement corridors?

Snyder is a vampire who can't handle colors or daylight. Even when it's set during the day, the best you get is "overcast."
>>
>>89376243
Yes, it will make a billion dollars, just like the last 3 films with their billion dollars.
>>
>>89376236
>Also does the entirety of this movie take place underground in cement corridors?

They've shown hardly any of it, if any movie should get criticised for that it's Civil War, which was nothing but boring bland concrete for 2 and a half hours.
>>
>>89376280
Watchmen was funny in a kitschy subversive kind of way. I think that's a big reason why a lot of the comic fans didn't like it.
>>
File: Nite Owl.jpg (22KB, 630x298px) Image search: [Google]
Nite Owl.jpg
22KB, 630x298px
>>89376349
Watchmen was never intended to be a corny wire-fu superhero film with a ridiculous soundtrack.
>>
>>89376349
OZYMANDIAS NIPPLES!
REMEMBER BATMAN & ROBIN?
ZACK SNYDER DOES!
>>
>>89372607
>JL with Darkseid
>Parademon invasion + Granny Goodness + Female Furies.
>>
>>89372607
Because Darkseid is the only part of Kirby's 4th World that is going to sell and make some o' dat Avengers money.
>>
>>89376371
It was never intended to be a film at all.
>>89376384
The fetish aspect of the costumes was in the comic.
>>
>>89376429
>The fetish aspect of the costumes was in the comic.
It wasn't a Batman & Robin reference. It didn't look ANYTHING AT ALL like the one from the movie. Stop making excuses already, it's sad.
>>
>>89376115

I didn't know that they Batman RealDolls.
>>
File: mfwMan of Steel.jpg (20KB, 544x352px)
mfwMan of Steel.jpg
20KB, 544x352px
>>89376384
I can live with the nipples, as they are reminiscent of ancient armor.
I take issue with remaining slavishly loyal to the comic until the final act, which is a ridiculous mess that invalidates the opening murder mystery, and has people using other characters lines and introduces scenes like Nite Owl witnessing Rorschach's death because Snyder realized he'd nearly gone an entire movie without Nite Owl making "le powerful emotion face."
>>
>>89376451
"This is how you win the Oscar, Henry!"
>>
>>89376441
I'm saying masked vigilantes acting on sublimated sexual drives is a big part of watchmen.
>>
File: Calculon.jpg (105KB, 1920x1080px)
Calculon.jpg
105KB, 1920x1080px
>>89376474
NNNNOOOOOOOOOoooooooo
>>
>>89376451
How is it more ridiculous than the comic?
>>
>>89376484
It's a Moore comic, sexual drives are inevitably going to figure in heavily,
>>
>>89376484
No, you're saying a shitty visual gag referencing a shitty movie is a good thing. Stop saying that.
>>
>>89376509
So what's wrong with making that part of the look of the movie?
>>
>>89376531
You make it sound like he had nipples like Randy Quaid in Kingpin. They're not that noticeable, it was just a minor aspect of the costume.
>>
>>89376451
>>89376474
>being emotional is bad now
Soon, every storytelling technique will be bad because Snyder has done it. Then you won't be able to enjoy any stories!
>>
File: Doc Manhattan.jpg (18KB, 400x236px)
Doc Manhattan.jpg
18KB, 400x236px
>>89376503
Because having Ozy building a clean energy project with the gov't and Manhattan's direct involvement removes anything the Comedian could have discovered.
Without anything plausible to discover "I was flying over the arctic, broke into his ultra secure fortress, hacked his computers and used my PHD in physics to unravel that the device is actually a weapon..." (remember Manhattan DOES have a Degree in Physics), there's nothing to confess to Moloch.
Without the confession to Moloch there's no Blake murder, and thus the entire story doesn't happen.
It's a fairly intricate story, which Snyder and co fucked with because a giant genetic monster is just too silly in a movie with Gigantic God Shiva in it.
>>
File: My Nigga.gif (3MB, 600x255px)
My Nigga.gif
3MB, 600x255px
>>89375039
>was magical, especially when Superman has sacrifice his life to deliver the killing stroke.

Pic related
>>
>>89376563
The point is that the ENTIRE COSTUME was COMPLETELY CHANGED for the sake of that one joke.
It's just so cheap.
>>
>>89376587
>COMPLETELY CHANGED for the sake of that one joke.

No it was completely changed to look better on screen. I'm guessing the blouse look didn't translate well.
>>
File: Man of Steel3.jpg (151KB, 1920x800px)
Man of Steel3.jpg
151KB, 1920x800px
>>89376566
It's corny that he relies on "howling inarticulate rage" consistently because he has no grasp of subtlety or nuance. Cavill stands around glumly, smiles sheepishly once in a while, and for action scenes has to twist his face into a grotesque mask of fury.
Snyder directs emotion just like Harold Zoid in Futurama, and I find it hilarious.

But yeah sure, I'm attacking him because I'm a "hater" or something, not that he's a silly hack.
>>
>>89376582
If Nite Owl and Rorschach could find out about it from guessing the password on Ozzie's desktop I don't see why the Comedian couldn't have looked into Pyramid Transnational or something.
>>
>>89376300
They already used up their fake reviews trick for BvS. It won't fool audiences again a second time. Suicide Squad made tons of cash despite the entirety of mainstream media being against it and lack of Chinese audience. JL will make a billion easily, even moreso if people like Wonder Woman.
>>
File: 1382419945189.jpg (701KB, 960x3198px)
1382419945189.jpg
701KB, 960x3198px
>>89376645
I can't tell if the Snyder Super-Defense force is retarded or engaged in a grand multi-year trolling effort at this point. I'd like to think it's the latter, but the money people at WB keep hiring him and Goyer for this stuff.
>>
>>89376582

Comedian found the whole conspiracy alone as well in the comics without much explanation.
>>
>>89376645

>It's corny that he relies on "howling inarticulate rage" consistently because he has no grasp of subtlety or nuance.

Isn't the entire point of Dan, though? He's all about showing his impotency in grand way.
>>
>>89376670
They didn't find out squat from his computer except that he ran that Pyramid company, and might have actually plotted his own assassination attempt. His computer had nothing on any plot to kill lots of people.

And Blake is not going to give a fuck that Ozy owns a delivery company. Ozy was working with the Gov't at that point, why would Blake be bothered to give a fuck?
>>
>>89376645
>being angry is bad
>struggle is bad
Two more for the fire. So now if a character is angry or has to struggle you're not allowed to like it. Thanks for the info.

So I guess Donner was a hack because Superman made a similar face before going back in time?
>>
>>89376722

Because Blake grew up a conscious in old age?
>>
>>89376729

How do you have no understanding of context? How do you talk to other people?

This has to be trolling.
>>
>>89376691
They explain it perfectly.
He's coming back from a mission on a blimp (which they show being used a lot in Watchmen) and sees a bunch of lights and a base on an island that's supposed to be uninhabited. He decides to investigate personally, suspecting it's a militant base, finds a bunch of famous missing people and this elaborate project going on.

Completely unlike unraveling the real science behind a energy project. Have you even read the comic? Ozymandias explains it all, having overheard Blake's conversations with Moloch through the bug.
>>
>>89376763
I don't think he's pretending to be retarded.
This seems like the real deal.
>>
>>89376688

They make out before Superman kills Zod.

And it's because Clark just saved Lois from falling to her death.

If you're going to shit on Man of Steel that's fine, but at least don't make up "alternative facts" to support your dislike.
>>
>>89376763
>YOU TROLLING
No proper counter means you concede.

>>89376801
Then there's this guy, who managed to be even worse.
>>
>>89376812

>And it's because Clark just saved Lois from falling to her death.

In the middle of Ground Zero.

You don't get to pretend that context and environment don't matter.
>>
File: Watchmen 11 24.jpg (461KB, 911x954px)
Watchmen 11 24.jpg
461KB, 911x954px
>>
>>89376830

You're right anon, just because I think something was handled poorly in one thing means I hate it forever.

Just like how I hate all science fiction because Battlefield Earth exists and I hate all horror films because Birdemic exists.

Stop being a retard.
>>
>>89376856
This.
>>
>>89376832

They had both just survived a goddamn blackhole. Their adrenaline were running high and they needed comfort.
>>
>>89364647
>I just dont think they can dig themselves out of the deconstruction hole and make it seem organic.
That's the issue with deconstructions; it makes sense if you are tearing apart existing conventions, but it doesn't work when you don't have an existing convention to begin with. Wonderwoman, and more importantly the Justice League itself, had not yet been established as a "thing" yet, and to have deconstructed Superman AND deconstructed Batman in the JL means it is torn apart before it was ever built.
>>
>>89376832
>In the middle of Ground Zero.
>You don't get to pretend that context and environment don't matter.

You make it seem very different than it is though. Like, they're looking out over the carnage and decide that gets them hot. Rather than Lois having accepted her death to save the world but being saved by Superman.
>>
>>89376907

Yeah,. their passion was just burning off the fucking screen.

It was Snyder's choice to place them there. He could have had them kiss anywhere, but he chose, HE CHOSE, to put them there.
>>
>>89376832
Who cares? It happens in movies all the time.
>>
>>89376931
Only time I liked it was Speed.
>>
Remember before Man of Steel when you didn't have to pretend to care about civilian casualties in blockbusters and could just enjoy the aesthetically pleasing chaos and destruction?
>>
>>89376947
No because I remember all the angry bosses yelling at the heroes about how they're loose cannons.
>>
>>89376927

>It was Snyder's choice to place them there. He could have had them kiss anywhere

Well, the point i was trying to make is that the them kissing at that moment made perfect sense.

Superman had almost died moments before and had just saved Lois from certain death, where he almost died again. They were scared, they were pumped, they had almost lost one another, they had almost died. They just wanted to hold each other and find some momentary comfort.

The scene was fine. You probably must have never been in a high stressful situation with a girlfriend.
>>
>>89376961
Yeah and no one watching gave a fuck.
>>
>>89376983
Please stop being upset.
>>
>>89377016

He's just saying no one gave a fuck about the screaming bosses. The only funny screaming boss i can remember was from Bad Boys.
>>
>>89377016
In 80s movies civilians got wrecked way more graphically than they do now.
>>
>>89369077
I'm worried that it will be closer to an MCU movie

If my JL movie is full of Reddit quips I might pic related
>>
>>89377103
Hopefully Snyder isn't letting them push him around.
>>
>>89377103
>QUUIIIIIIIIPPS
I hope they just so we'll have one less whiner in the world.
>>
>>89376947

None of them jerked themselves off with 9/11 imagery in the same way. You don't get to make direct visual parallels to a modern tragedy and then ignore the fallout, you can't have it both ways.

>>89376977

>They just wanted to hold each other and find some momentary comfort.

So? The fucking intent doesn't matter, art doesn't get brownie points for what it wanted to do.

What Snyder did was try and give us a sweet romantic moment in a pile of human ash and somehow we're supposed to ignore it. I'm sick and tired of his fanboys explaining the intent of scenes over and over and over again and literally no matter how many times you say the fucking intent doesn't matter the execution does all they do is explain the intent over and over and over.
>>
>>89377161

How the fuck would 90's action movies have 9/11 imagery? You're not making any sense.
>>
>>89377134
For most people with any taste or interest in comics, Ultron the stand up comedian was when the appeal of quipshit died
>>
>>89377171

>How the fuck would 90's action movies have 9/11 imagery?

So then why did Snyder need to use it in his?
>>
>>89377161

>What Snyder did was try and give us a sweet romantic moment in a pile of human ash and somehow we're supposed to ignore it.

They almost died moments earlier and needed comfort. Shit like that happens. Parents holding their children, lovers kissing desperately and so on.
>>
>>89362407
>ezra miller
>muscle guy
here's your (you)
>>
>>89377199

What you did was just explain the intent again.

Here's what I'm going to do, I'm going to keep copy-pasting my response until you give me something other then the exact same answer over and over again. At some point you'll either leave or have to do something other then explaining the intent again.

>So? The fucking intent doesn't matter, art doesn't get brownie points for what it wanted to do.

>What Snyder did was try and give us a sweet romantic moment in a pile of human ash and somehow we're supposed to ignore it. I'm sick and tired of his fanboys explaining the intent of scenes over and over and over again and literally no matter how many times you say the fucking intent doesn't matter the execution does all they do is explain the intent over and over and over.
>>
>>89377240

The deal is that there's nothing wrong about Superman and Lois kissing in the middle of a carnage. That's what you seem to not understand. Sure, you might find it bad, but i don't.

People in scenarios like that try to comfort each other. Say you and your girlfriend are in the middle of a shootout where a few innocent people died in front of your eyes. The natural response would be to try and comfort her and get some back.

But to you i think you'd like if Superman had remained stoic or something, or brush her off and told her "not now, bitch".
>>
>>89377343

>But to you i think you'd like if Superman had remained stoic or something, or brush her off and told her "not now, bitch".

Or kissed literally anywhere else.
>>
>>89377343
Shouldn't Superman starting saving people from death and injuries instead? Especially since it's all his fault.
>>
>>89377366

So the proper response would be to find somewhere secluded so they kid kiss? That's not a spontaneous reaction, but a thought out thing.

Superman and Lois kiss was a spontaneous thing after escaping certain death. It was a natural and uncontrollable reaction. Instinct.

>>89377369

He did after kissing her. The kiss was a fucking reaction. Like yelling "ow" after heating your feet unto something. This isn't hard to understand.
>>
>>89360623
Why does Cyborg look like an Alienware computer?
>>
>>89377411
I understand everything clearly. But every second people suffer and dying from destruction. Superman should start to help immediately.
>>
>>89377411

>So the proper response would be to find somewhere secluded so they kid kiss?

Or Snyder could write the scene so they didn't end up there.

Or Snyder could have not slathered the third act of his Superman movie with direct visual parallels to 9/11 and instead relied on the inherent drama of the situation to work.
>>
>>89377411
>There are dead people all around us and my super hearing can detect hundreds more dying.
>I should kiss someone right now.
I suppose Supes could be a necrophile.
>>
It looks so stiff. How does Ben move in that?
>>
>>89376054
>Tfw I went to see MoS with my dad on father's day and it was soul-crushingly terrible
Haven't been to the movies with him since
>>
>>89372607
>Moreover, why not just do a 4th World movie featuring Orion vs Darkseid, THEN do JL vs Apokolips?

Because most people don't care about 4th world unless it's JLA vs Darkseid.
>>
>>89377455
>>89377467

How many times must be said that it was a spontaneous reaction? Superman wasn't thinking. He had just survived his fight with World Engine and found Lois about to be sucked by a black-hole which almost claimed his life as well. He simple went for the kiss to make sure they were both there and alive. His mind wasn't at work at that moment. Only his male instincts.

>>89377458

The script called for 9/11 parallels. He wanted it in. What's the problem? Got triggered?
>>
>>89377484
>>
>>89377495
Are you still in his will?
>>
File: darkwing duck.jpg (12KB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
darkwing duck.jpg
12KB, 245x300px
>>89377515
It's not an S, on my world it means give her the dick.
>>
>>89377515

>The script called for 9/11 parallels

And the script for Battlefield Earth called for Travolta to call people "filthy man-animals" that doesn't mean it didn't sound retarded.

Snyder was such a poor director he had to work on borrowed drama from real life instead of actually making it work as a narrative.

I can't wait for JL to add in a bunch of Boston bombing imagery into the Parademons fights, really just class his film up.
>>
>>89375171
>BvS was already the Battlefield Earth of the decade.

No, that was probably Ben-Hur remake. I'd have to check the math, but it bombed horrible. BvS simply didn't reach full potential, still did pretty okay. Most blockbusters still don't break a billion.
>>
>>89377550

>Snyder was such a poor director he had to work on borrowed drama from real life instead of actually making it work as a narrative.

Tons of movies had parallels to it since the 9/11, including the fucking Avengers.
>>
>>89377575

>including the fucking Avengers.

Yeah I totally remember when the Avengers had people running from dust clouds and the aftermath of the building collapse looking exactly like Ground Zero and the building physics being so realistic.

There's a difference between buildings falling over in a movie and what Snyder did. And then his fans whine that people got mad over the lack of proper engagement with the collateral damage.
>>
>>89377575
The Avengers focused the attention away from buildings collapsing, more on the heroes saving the day, kind of the point of super HEROs.
Forcing 9/11 imagery for no particular reason is what shit writers do, what was that shit romantic movie that tried to make the twist ending that the dude was in one of the towers that fell?
>>
>>89377515
>Superman wasn't thinking
Well, you can say that about alomost every his action in this movie. This Superman is dumb dick who is thinking by dick.
>>
>>89377453
More XPS than Alienware.
>>
>>89377523
I guess. We still do plenty of stuff together. We just don't go to the movies anymore.
>>
>>89377552
But they expected their Tent pole to do so. It not doing so really cripples their brand.
>>
>>89377608
>>89377614

The Avengers had tons of shots of the Avengers flying through buldings, buildings being shot at, buidings being damaged and so on. Just because they didn't showed people dying on camera didn't mean they weren't hurt or dead.
>>
>>89377616

Even Superman have kissed Lois, or, more recently, Wonder Woman, after a big battle or something.
>>
>>89377652

And the movie doesn't focus on them for a reason, it didn't fit with the tone of the story being told.

The third act of MoS is a Roland Emmerich film shot like its trying to be David Fincher.
>>
>>89377652
>hurt or dead
Yeah, all 70 of them.
>>
>>89377662
I don't remember him kissing Lois after murdering someone while people around dying.
>>
>>89377678

It focused enough, though. There are various scenes with people running, people shown in buildings that are being attacked, Avengers being dragged through buildings full of people and so on.
>>
>>89377650
>It not doing so really cripples their brand.

Yet Suicide Squad managed to win the general audiences and make a nice amount of money DESPITE the hatchet job reviews and supposed ruining of the brand by BvS
>>
>>89377652
The closest thing the Avengers did to 9/11 imagery was the Hulkbuster fight in Age of Ultron, and the movie left that scene pretty quickly even then. The point was to avoid seeming like cheap 9/11 imagery you fuckwit.
>>
>>89377706

He kissed Lois before going to fight Zod in the movie.
>>
>>89377652
Course they actively worked to prevent and lower the casualties from the start.

I'm actually more insulted by Snyder tacking shit in to make it as tragic as possible and find the one old guy he knew dying to be a focal point silly rather than tragic.

It's like Final Fantasy 15 and Jared. Barely ever know the man and his dying off screen and everyone's reaction is laughable.
>>
>>89377713

MOS had literal 9/11 dust clouds. Which Snyder doubled down on in Sons of Martha.
>>
>>89377724

Nah, Age of Ultron had nothing of that. The first Avengers did, though.
>>
>>89377730
And it had the emotional impact of a dead fish.
>>
>>89377742
https://youtu.be/FdWJ-Njeaig?t=3m
>>
>>89377736

In MoS the kryptonians were attacking the planet in two different places at once. Superman couldn't stop it alone. So he had to trust and work with the military on this. They came up with a plan: he'd take the World Engine which was to far and tough for the military to destroy while the military would try to bring down the Black Zero ship.

That's why Metropolis got destroyed so much, because while the destruction was happening Superman was on the other side of the planet trying to destroy one of the machine to save the planet. When he got back Black Zero was going away in a black-hole with Lois almost being dragged by it. So he saved her, they shared a kiss and then he set out to stop Zod, the only kryptonian left, for good, before anyone else could get hurt.

So Superman wasn't just sitting on his ass while people were dying. He was doing his job. Now, you might complain about the movie making things tough and grim for Superman and that's a fair complaint, but the whole point of the third act was Superman and the humans coming together in a hour of crises to stop save the day,
>>
>>89377738
That was good though, having buildings collapse without the dust cloud is like getting shot and there being no blood. Snyder isn't squeamish about the horror.
>>
>>89377763

Yeah, no 9/11 imagery in that. Just Iron Man and the Hulk fighting in some African country nobody cares about.

The Avengers had aliens attacking fucking New York with buldings being hit by giant... space whiles or something, people running, cops and firemen trying their best to save lives, and so on. That's 9/11 imagery.
>>
>>89377718
It still wasn't a good movie. Bay level garbage.
>>
>>89377756

Now that's a fair complaint.
>>
>>89377736
>Course they actively worked to prevent and lower the casualties from the start.

Yeah but still shitloads of people died, until it got retconned in Civil War.
>>
>>89377811
Did you not watch to the end? I kind of made it easy in the link itself it skips to the skyscraper falling.
>>
>>89377833

Dude, 9/11 imagery isn't just some random ass country being attacked or buildings falling. Nobody cares about the bombings in Syria, for example.

9/11 imagery is about YOUR country being attacked, YOUR metropolis being hit, YOUR business section and buildings falling down. It's about AMERICA. Our great people being hit at their home by an outside force. Our cities.
>>
>>89377861
Are you some sort of idiot?
>>
>>89377881
He's American, he can't help it. Every other country is unimportant.
>>
>>89377829
>Yeah but still shitloads of people died, until it got retconned in Civil War.
MoS literally scared Disney to where now fights have to take place in pillow fortresses or padded rooms.
>>
File: sleep tight super.png (263KB, 615x411px)
sleep tight super.png
263KB, 615x411px
>tfw everyone hates your movies

Why are y'all so mean to Supes?
>>
>>89377881

No, i'm actually right. The Avengers had aliens from outside attack New York, the greatest city of our country, just like how it happened during 9/11.

Age of Ultron had two guys fighting in some African country and bringing some buildings down. Shit might happen every month or something. Hulk can even be interpreted as a black guy.
>>
>>89377918
So that's a yes.
>>
>>89377891
Just seems kinda silly that an almost world destroying cataclysm had less than a tenth the death toll of 9/11. Guess that means Osama is 10 times more fearsome than Thanos.
>>
>>89377918
>Hulk can even be interpreted as a black guy.

???????????????????
>>
File: 1460770833417.gif (290KB, 396x290px) Image search: [Google]
1460770833417.gif
290KB, 396x290px
>>89377902
"I kinda came to the conclusion also that they couldn't really talk in their suits, um, with any credibility...
>... more than 4 or 5 lines and you start to notice, like wait, these are two guys ... one guys dressed up like a bat and the other has a big red 'S' on his chest, and they're being super serious about how mad they are at each other...
>>
>>89377942
Animal urges, no ability to control his base instincts?
>>
>>89377942

The face, mostly the big lips, and, of course, the attitude. Let's face it, he was chimping out.
>>
>>89377944
I hate this guy so much.
>>
>>89377944

Why people like to take that quote out of context?

Snyder wasn't talking about the general idea of superheroes in costume talking with one another, but of a particular scene felt super tacky.

In the same movie you had Superman and Batman talking plenty in costumes, as well as in Watchmen.
>>
>>89377975
How many lines did Supes have in costume?
>>
>>89377983

Outside of the gala, all his interactions with Batman was with them in their costumes.
>>
>>89377988
How many lines did Supes have?
>>
>>89377993

Dunno. More than 5.
>>
>>89377998
Including MARTHA
>>
>>89377993
43 I believe is the full count.
>>
Flash looks smaller and more Asian every time I see screens of him.
>>
>>89378143
It's cause there's something wrong with Miller's face, and it's only made worse by putting it in a half mask.

They should've just gone full face mask, make a Flash/Spider-Man hybrid sort of mask to hide that retard face. But, they were never going to do that.
>>
>>89360623
>why do I post shitty bait poorly disguised as a question?

^ftfy
>>
>>89360623
Yes
>>
>>89378143
He's part Japanese
Filthy Frank is his cousin
>>
>>89378311
Is this true?
>>
File: 360 noguns.jpg (717KB, 1220x1644px)
360 noguns.jpg
717KB, 1220x1644px
>>89377885
Wake me when a hijacked plane crashes into the Shard or Commerzbank and kills thousands.

Then I might give a damn.
>>
>>89378381
Stuff like that happens all over the world, all the time - you just don't give a shit.
Mostly because you're a yank, and you guys are oblivious of what happens around the world.
>>
File: Elyse.gif (3MB, 450x327px)
Elyse.gif
3MB, 450x327px
>>89378311
>>89378337
I could kind of see it...
>>
>>89378394

American is the center of the world, though. Our culture is the world's culture. Shit only matters when it happens here.
>>
>>89378394
Alright, name me a time and place this shit happened within the past 6 months.

Hardmode: Not the middle east
>>
File: Ultimate_Flash_Ken_Lashley.jpg (250KB, 864x864px) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate_Flash_Ken_Lashley.jpg
250KB, 864x864px
>>89378206
Nah, they should have just given him a better version of Gustin's cowl. Something that that would shape that doughy nu-face of his. At least cover his cheeks or something.

Though honestly I'd kill to see that Ultimate Flash design in live action.
>>
>>89378468

>The Human Condom
>>
>>89378311
Jewish German Dutch???
>>
File: trailer.png (88KB, 644x639px)
trailer.png
88KB, 644x639px
Trailer dropping Friday according to this guy's potentially made up WB source. Though when people lie about this they usually make up a date further than 3 days out so might be true.
>>
File: trailer2.png (95KB, 643x684px)
trailer2.png
95KB, 643x684px
>>89378782
More info.
>>
>>89360780
>string holding costume together
>armour
>>
>>89378782
Kimmel said Jason Momoa was going to be on this week, so maybe.
>>
>>89378932
>http://abc.go.com/shows/jimmy-kimmel-live/news/schedule/jkl-schedule-for-01232017

>Thursday: Samuel L. Jackson, Jason Momoa, Music from Kehlan

He's not on Friday though.
>>
>>89377801
No, he's masturbatory about it. That's his whole problem.
>>
>>89377738
>MOS had literal 9/11 dust clouds

You sound triggered. Dust clouds tend to happen when buildings collapse on themselves, broheim.
>>
>>89378992
Nah, he's not afraid to show the carnage unlike Nolan. Have you watch The Dark Knight recently? The way they cut around violence is embarrassing. Especially in the scene where the Joker has a knife in that gangsters mouth. Makes it seems like the guy dies instantly from having his cheek slashed but also that he doesn't bleed.
>>
>>89379020

To Americans violence is fine as long as you don't see blood.
>>
>>89379020

>he's not afraid to show the carnage of two spandex men fighting over a magic blue laser

And Nolan cut around the violence because maybe kids should be able to enjoy the funnybook movies too.
>>
>>89379103

Kids should know about violence.
>>
>>89379103
>And Nolan cut around the violence because maybe kids should be able to enjoy the funnybook movies too.

Kids fucking love violence you idiot.
>>
>>89379116
Not from Big Two capeshit (except Deadpool, that's not for kids)

There are anecdotes of kids coming home from MoS and throwing their Superman toys in the trash
>>
>>89379020
I don't fucking get you people.
>That's what would happen when superpowers clash! Snyder doesn't shy away from the violence. He shows it as the horrible reality that it is!

Fucking fine! I agree with you on that. But then why have you lot been bitching for three years and counting that people are horrified by a horrible thing?!
>>
>>89379128

>There are anecdotes of kids coming home from MoS and throwing their Superman toys in the trash

Fucking pussies. When i was 9 my father made me shoot my dog in the head with a shotgun because he was sick. I fucking loved that dog. It was all so i could learn about reality and the circle of life. You know, like in Lion King.

Nowadays kids are superprotected.
>>
>>89379128
>There are anecdotes of kids coming home from MoS and throwing their Superman toys in the trash

I really can't imagine this. Sounds like something a 30 year old nerd made up.
>>
>>89379151
>Fucking fine! I agree with you on that. But then why have you lot been bitching for three years and counting that people are horrified by a horrible thing?!

Because it's still just a movie so chill out about it.
>>
>>89379169
I could ask you to do the same but here we are for the billionth time with another thread where people start flailing around autistically if you dare imply the DCEU might have room for improvement.
>>
>>89379217
Ok dude.
>>
>>89376856
Your argument is literally "look at the funny face!" and somehow you expect people to accept it because you use the word Snyder in it. Somehow making a pained expression because of mental anguish or physical stress is bad because Snyder does it. Go ahead and explain why then if you're so smart, and make sure to say why it's NOT okay for him to do it but it IS okay for other people.
>>
>>89365796

You mean "Which ones do people forgive?" I mean 'people don't hate story contradictions in the MCU.'
>>
>>89375503
Looks like shit and could never work in real life because he would like demonic bunny man.
>>
>>89378431
>America is what plagues the world. We're self absorbed and violent.

^ftfy
>>
>>89377678
>Roland Emmerich film shot like its trying to be David Fincher.
best way its ever been described.
>>
>>89376907
That's would be a hug or something like that. The scene of Lois hugging clark after he kills Zod works better.

Kissing lois feels out of place
>>
>>89379539
>Your argument is literally "look at the funny face!" and somehow you expect people to accept it because you use the word Snyder in it.

Not that anon but how is that any different from those cinegraph things that get posted and declared "kino" or some other form of high art like it's immediately evident?
>>
>>89360623
That's what it looked like in Dark Knight Returns, and morons think that was a good comic.
>>
>>89360623
>Why does Batman's cowl look more like a cat's head than a bat's head?
well it's obvious batman wants to be killer queen.
>>
>>89360623
protip: bats don't have giant horns
>>
>>89382990
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horn-skinned_bat
Plus, they're ears, you smarmy cunt.
Thread posts: 277
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.