[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you think of Batman Begins when you first saw it? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

What did you think of Batman Begins when you first saw it? What do you think of it now?
>>
Was my favorite out if the three and still is saw it like a year ago again
>>
>>89355859

I actually thought it was kinda boring for a Batman movie, although i didn't have nearly the same "why the hell did they make this?" reaction i had to The Dark Knight Rises...

Seriously, they should have just hired someone else to play the Joker after Ledger's death, and continue the franchise without him.
>>
>>89356800
Nolan burned out after TDK, his heart was clearly somewhere else
>>
The first hour or so is still my favorite individual section of the trilogy. I could have watched another two hours of Bruce and Racer Cool talking on the mountain, and the way Nolan weaves the flashbacks in was just fantastic and you really get to see two great actors bounce off each other. It mitigates the "origin story cliche" issues by actually drilling down into Bruce as a person instead of skipping the character stuff like most people do.

The rest of it is pretty damn good too.
>>
>>89356972
>Racer Cool
>>
>>89356972
>Racer Cool
is this a meme or just a ridiculous typo

I really didn't care for it when I first watched it. I used to think it was sorta slow and boring, but I learned to love the pacing.
Now between BB and TDK I always flip flop between which I like more directly after watching one or the other. TDKR still fucking sucks though.
>>
>>89357019
>>89357033

>he doesn't know the Racer Cool meme

Razor Ghoul is also acceptable.
>>
The one Batman movie where he doesn't get upstaged by the villain.
>>
Loved seeing something of my favorite bat villian Scarecrow, though Murphy did well with the role, but hated he wasn't given much respect in the movie, the taser defeating him was super lame. But I probably won't see him on screen again anytime soon.
>>
The fourth best Batman movie overall.
>>
>>89355859
It was the most comic book-y film in the Nolan trilogy and still managed to be a good movie, so it was good. TDK is better but feels less like a Batman movie and more like a dark crime drama.
>>
Thought it was very good, now think it's still really good as long as Katie Holmes is offscreen
>>
Honestly my favorite of all the live action films.
>>
>>89357251
The Scarecrow was never really a physical villain.
>>
>>89355859
I liked it.
I still like it.
>>
>>89355859
Like it more than the other two desu
Gotham felt like a really dark and shit city
>>
>>89357049
Bizarro please
>>
File: talia_dies.gif (1000KB, 500x207px) Image search: [Google]
talia_dies.gif
1000KB, 500x207px
>>89356816
Yep
He clearly didn't give much of a shit
Did anyone really there?

Like, you can just see Nolan looking at this and going "You know what? Fuck it. Yeah, that's good. Let's get a beer"
>>
>>89355859
>hat did you think of Batman Begins when you first saw it?

Loved it, could watch it dozen times and enjoy it every time
>What do you think of it now?

Kinda looks a bit goofy now, I probably grew up a little
>>
File: tmp_10721-143347608415050803612.png (322KB, 591x716px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_10721-143347608415050803612.png
322KB, 591x716px
>>89358884
>ywn have a beer with Chris Nolan
feels bad, man.
>>
File: batmanbegins_1600.jpg (230KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
batmanbegins_1600.jpg
230KB, 1600x1200px
>>89355859

When I first saw it, well... before I saw it, I thought it was going to be shit because until then most of what I had to go on for Batman movies was the Burton and Schumacher flicks. But after actually seeing it, I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed it's approach on trying to be more grounded in a realistic setting (which I know is vastly unpopular with the majority of people). I also liked how it really got me to appreciate the Bruce Wayne side of the character. Which I seldom noticed, or flat out neglected, in my childhood.

As it stands now, I think it's my favorite of the Nolan trilogy. Of the three, I think it stands out the most. That's not to say that I don't enjoy the other two. Ledger was fantastic as the Joker. And Hardy-Bane is... entertaining in ways we all know they did not intend.

I also think it had the best score of the three. TDK/R's music seemed to be mostly ambiance pieces designed to generate tension. But Begins actually had fleshed out pieces that seemed really earnest and weren't completely forgettable. Like links below.

And let's not forget that Begins was the only one where Bale didn't do that ridiculous try-hard voice.

https://youtu.be/vKRq5xYVsvI

https://youtu.be/vuTi202xA_w <- This one being my favorite of the whole thing.
>>
First time seeing it:
>not muh KeatonBats
>too slow paced
>"realism" a shit
>Leslie Nelson as Alucard/Razzle Ghoul felt like a bland but competent casting choice
>Scarecrow was criminally underwhelming, sort of only just tacked onto the plot, when Cillian could've easily carried the movie if he was given a bigger role

After TDK+TDKR:
>The patrician choice of the Nolan trilogy, despite it's extensive shortcomings
>easily the best (out of the trilogy) at balancing a comic book-ish feel with the more "realistic" setting
>will probably age the most gracefully compared to the other two, or most films from the mid-00's in general

Now:
>Well above average, for as far as hollywood adaptation laced with odd creative embellishments go
>Nolan's philosophical moralfagging felt artificial as fuck, and honestly broke the immersion worse than anything else
>comfy rewatch-on-tv kino
>>
>>89357033
>I really didn't care for it when I first watched it. I used to think it was sorta slow and boring, but I learned to love the pacing.
>tfw kids who were 6 when Begins came out are 18 now
>>
Best of the trilogy, in my opinion. I remember I was obsessed with it when it first came out, that was before the whole MCU/DCEU feud so it felt like all comic book fans could get together to enjoy superhero action.
>>
>>89355859
>first time
Thought it was fucking amazing, capekino before capekino was considered a thing.
>now
Still a solid movie. As others have mentioned, Scarecrow wasn't really done justice. To make matters worse, he's reduced to cameos in the subsequent movies. I still like the "realistic" tone it had, showing how all of Batman's gear was just military prototypes that were deemed too expensive for mass production. I also liked how the beginning kept switching between Bruce's childhood, young adulthood, and self-exile; felt like that was a better approach than showing those things linearly.
>>
>>89358884
that scene could have been the best cut he had...
there could have been other cuts where she had a better death but:
- had horrible sound
- had horrible framing
- had some technician/assistant tripping over some lights and Bale went fucking nuts
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.