[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In Arrow, Damian Dark was only a threat because he had the Khonsu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

In Arrow, Damian Dark was only a threat because he had the Khonsu Idol, which granted him telekinesis, life draining, super strength, and various other magic powers. Once the Idol was destroyed and he lost his powers, he was basically just a helpless middle aged dude. Green Arrow kicked his ass in seconds and he almost got killed by two random niggers in jail.

But the show was also clear that he only got the Khonsu Idol a few years ago, after Oliver and Baron Ryder recovered it from the Island. So how come in Legends of Tomorrow he's a martial artist on par with Ra's Al Ghul who can fight off an entire team of supers and badass normals by himself, even though it's set before he started using magic or got any powers? In the last episode when him and Reverse Flash are cornered by mobsters, he asks "should you take care of them or should I?", but going by his previous appearances he shouldn't be able to do anything about multiple armed gunmen. So why is the past version of him so much more badass than the present day version?
>>
>>89353160
maybe the present day version stopped having to use his martial arts skills once he got mega-powers and they deteriorated over time
>>
>>89353160
>>89353196
it was stated multiple times that Dahrk was trained by the League of Assassins
>>
>>89353160
Damien was trained by the League of Assassin. The team just dropped the ball hard on his final fight with Ollie.
>>
>>89353391
>>89353480
so how come he was almost killed by those two ordinary thugs in jail? I mean, maybe that was just an exceptionally bad showing for him, but it really seemed like the writers made a point of showing that he was basically useless in a fight without his powers. but Legends makes him out to be a threat on par with Malcolm Merlyn and Ra's Al Ghul even as a normal human

>>89353196
yeah I guess maybe his skills just atrophied once he got the Khonshu Idol and could just Force choke/life drain people to death
>>
>>89353540
Because the whole productive team's brains went on vacation during season 4.

I've learned that trying to make sens of that season is a waste of time, it was a complete mess on multiple level. Luckily season 5 is back on track, and Legends is finally managing to make Damien Darhk a legit threat.
>>
>>89353808
>Because the whole productive team's brains went on vacation during season 4.

That part in the finale where he says "Or did you forget, I was trained by the League of Assassins" just gave me a stitch because the writers did too.

>Season 5 is back on track

Ehh I'd say it's more on par with early Season 1. Nothing groundbreaking and kinda shaky but still very very flawed. I'm only barely warming up to Wild Dog and Prometheus is uninteresting as fuck. A lot of the plotlines are falling short (though, admittedly, doing a flashback to season 1 was kind of nice).
>>
>>89353540
>but Legends makes him out to be a threat on par with Malcolm Merlyn and Ra's Al Ghul even as a normal human
You just reminded me. In Arrow his Genesis plot seemed very angled so that the nigh-entire genocide would give him powers like a god, yet in the past he has his plans without that Idol. Was he intending to get the idol or was he genuinely sold on his plan for restarting the world?

What a shame that a lead villain in a show is given better development on a different show.
>>
>>89353902
I think he genuinely believed that resetting the world was the best option for humanity in the long run, he seems very passionate and earnest when he talks about how he wants to "cleanse" the human race. plus he still wanted to go through with Genesis after the Idol was destroyed, even before he found out that it could be repaired. so it makes sense that he'd planned to commit global genocide long before he found or knew about the Idol, that might've been what drove him to leave the League to begin with. amping up his powers was just the icing on the cake.
>>
>>89353808
>>89353875
>>89353902
so the general consensus is that Arrow S4 just sucks and has a lot of inconsistencies due to bad writing? yeah, can't really argue with that.

it's pretty sad when the goofy over-the-top spinoff show is more interesting and has better character development than the main series. Legends doesn't make any fucking sense and it takes all the ridiculous comic book tropes up to 11, but I honestly found myself enjoying it more than the later seasons of Arrow. at least it's fun to watch, and they do a surprisingly good job of giving all the main characters their own story arcs. with seasons 4-5 of Arrow, I just can't get engaged at all. a lot of times I'll end up getting bored and just keeping it on in the background while I do other stuff.
>>
>>89353540
Because Arrow has horrible writing.
>>
How do you take a head of an international crime syndicate/Ra's al Ghul's equal/man with magical powers and made him so damn unthreatening?
>>
>>89354354
see >>89354349
>>
>>89354354
part of the problem was that he just isn't very well defined. he's a dark magician, yet his organization relies almost entirely on advanced technology despite him not understand it himself. he's a wealthy crime lord/terrorist leader operating in the shadows, yet he goes around killing people at public events in broad daylight with flashy shows of force. he's an elite assassin, yet he never seems to use stealth and his personal combat skills are merely average. he believes he's working for the greater good, yet he cheerfully laughs about how he's the bad guy. his end goal is to create a perfect utopia without violence, but his powers are literally fueled by fear, hatred, and death.

it's like each of the writers had a totally different idea of what kind of villain he was supposed to be, so instead of figuring it out, they decided to combine all of the different and contradictory ideas into one nonsensical mish-mash of a character.

at least within Legends his powers and motivation are consistent.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.