[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /co/, here are some hypotheticals >guy/girl wakes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0754.jpg (74KB, 350x529px)
IMG_0754.jpg
74KB, 350x529px
Alright /co/, here are some hypotheticals

>guy/girl wakes up from a coma they've been in since the 90s

>favorite show was X-Men

>favorite character was Jubilee

How do you explain to him/her what has happen to her since then?
>>
>>89350222
Marvel tanked. Hard.
>>
>>89350222

She is one writer away from people realizing vampires can have crazy fun.

Specially if they learn vampire magic-
>>
>>89350222
>How do you explain to him/her what has happen to her since then?
Writers stopped caring about her, and started shitting on the X-men because their movie franchise was owned by a different company.
>>
>>89350222
"Now that she's an immortal vampire Jubilee will be adorable forever."
>>
>>89350222
Knock them unconscious for another 20 years
>>
>>89350222
I REJECT MY HUMANITY
>>
>>89350222

How about saying;

"Wakey-wakey, I know you're not braindead anymore, so that must mean that at least you can understand the implications of the word "mutation" and it's thematic effect on a character over a prolonged period of time."

...that about cover it?
>>
File: x23jubilee16.jpg (209KB, 773x1089px) Image search: [Google]
x23jubilee16.jpg
209KB, 773x1089px
>>89350222

I don't know how some people can be on board with this shit.

The best thing to come out of that mess was best friendship with Laura.
>>
>>89351208
I blame Wanda.
They depowered the wrong mutants in that story, half of them had to get repowered one way or another because they had a fanbase.
Meanwhile there's a bunch of mutants who would have been more or less okay depowered.
Marvel thought that Jubes only had nostalgia value. That's always their mistake when they pick narrative sacrifices.
>>
>>89350222

You've been in a coma for twenty years, and in that time Jubilee was depowered for a bit before turning into a vampire in a Dracula crossover event. Plus she has an adopted baby.

Boy that was hard!
>>
If this is the weirdest news for a person that's been in a coma for 20 years I'd say they're doing a fine job establishing their bearings on reality
>>
>>89353446
"Honey, the doctors say I shouldn't upset you with any stressful news, so before I tell you what happened to Wolverine let's calm you down by reading up on some recent political events."
>>
>>89353745
Jesus, I can't imagine how bad someone would take the news about Wolverine if they hadn't succumbed to severe fatigue from the character's overuse and mis-characterization.
>>
>>89350222
Fuck that.

>turn on tv
>Donald Trump is President

How would they react?
>>
>>89354901
>What, the business guy?
>Eh, I guess it's no dumber than an actor being president.
Things weren't *quite* so hyper-partisan in the pre-internet era.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.