[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFR dDjpBAFA >This is wh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 254
Thread images: 44

File: 1429200201343.jpg (339KB, 1200x664px) Image search: [Google]
1429200201343.jpg
339KB, 1200x664px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFRdDjpBAFA

>This is what Man of Steel could have been

Watching this broke my heart, man. "Superman in a realistic world" isn't by any means a bad pitch for a movie. The problem is when an autistic edgelord like Snyder gets his hands on it and decides that "realistic" means that nobody is happy.
>>
>>89340407

Careful friend, you better step off with those opinions, we don't take kindly to people bad-mouthing DC Kino like Man of Steel here.
>>
>>89340407
>>89340575
>2 IPs
>me and OP
>>
>>89340407
>nobody is happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlINHSnUx9k
>>
>>89340407
>nobody is happy
https://youtu.be/tEfoNXQDWBs?t=204
>>
You do know that David S. Goyer and Christopher Nolan were the ones that wrote the script of the movie, right? That Zack Snyder was just chosen as a director because of his visual style and kinetic fighting scenes, right?

So why blame Snyder for everything? The movie was going to be a first-contact a la War of the Words type of story with or without him.
>>
>>89340407
these oil rig workers look pretty happy to be saved when clark bursts in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciZHndMQ-6E&t=9s
>>
>>89340407
these kids look pretty happy to be saved:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBII6aJ1RSM
>>
OP's angry because in MoS Superman felt like an outcast and had to earn people's trust instead of just being generally happy and accepted and adored on the spot.
>>
>>89340615
Because it was absolutely poor direction. The characters are wooden and flat. Yeah nolan's script is shit bu synder gets most of the blame because a good direction can at least mask the issues. Instead we got cardboard cutouts expositioning to one another and jesus metaphors.
>>
MAN OF HOPE
>>
>>89340407
Jor-El looks pretty amazed and happy his son is born you autist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k202ifqPlyE
>>
>>89340686
>characters are wooden and flat

nah, they show a pretty wide range of emotions and all have arcs more or less. Also there is literally a single jesus image in Man of Steel, the Donner movies are ACTUALLY jesus analogues unlike the Snyder movies.

And I dont think you know what exposition means m8.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_(1978_film)
>>
>>89340407
>>89340686

>nobody is happy
>characters are wooden and flat

they both look pretty happy and nuanced here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUrryh9kh5U
>>
File: waid.png (63KB, 727x421px) Image search: [Google]
waid.png
63KB, 727x421px
>>89340407
they could've fixed his origin but blew it!
>>
>>89340717
>>89340699
So do we just call you synderfag and move on because you are autistically defending a bad movie. if you like it good for you but it doesn't stop it from being shit.
>>
File: OP.gif (213KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
OP.gif
213KB, 640x480px
>>89340743
>I have no argument, and I must shitpost
>>
>>89340407
"Superman in a realistic world" would've gotten called edgy and mean-spirited just as well. Don't pretend that audiences care for anything more than quips and kid-friendly action.
>>
>>89340575
>Man of Steel
>DC Kino
>>
>>89340802
You're putting your fingers in your ears and throwing a tantrum. I'm not going to waste time on an autistic manchild.
>>
>>89340818
>I cant form an argument
>but I got these neat arrows
>>
>>89340862
>>89340743

You just ignored all the videos the guy posted where the characters show a good range of emotions and all you had as a response is that the movie is shit.

I've seen this many times. Every time someone either defend MoS or BvS with good arguments or examples people resort to the 'Rotten Tomatoes' rhetoric where none of what was said matters because the "movie is just".
>>
File: man-of-steel-screaming.jpg (1MB, 4096x5120px) Image search: [Google]
man-of-steel-screaming.jpg
1MB, 4096x5120px
>>89340717
Actors under Snyder only have 2 facial expressions.

Frowing like he smelled a fart and pic related.
>>
>>89340915
see
>>89340913
>>
>>89340810
This must be why people are so hyped for Wolverine.
>>
>>89340913
>Clips taken out of the entire picture represent the whole thing
>Especially those out of context
>especially when the actors are still just bad except for in a few places
It's not a good argument and it's based on taste. It's okay we can't all have good taste.
>>
>>89340932

Nostalgia.

People are accustomed to Superman being charming and saving everyone, so they expect "reboots" to follow that. The X-Men movies, though, always showed Wolverine as a gruffy and murderous baddass hat have it rough. That's why they don't mind more it.

Now you try to make a movie where Wolverine's all nice and cuddly.
>>
>>89340957
> Every time someone either defend MoS or BvS with good arguments or examples people resort to the 'Rotten Tomatoes' rhetoric where none of what was said matters because the "movie is just".
>>
>>89340925
Nah, sorry but you doesn't know nothing about tone.

We are talking about a movie that explained kid Clark playing with a cape with him being geneticaly manipulated to like capes.
>>
>>89340932
How do you make movie about a guy who has fucking dagger mittens NOT edgy? You think playing somber shit in the background and have him protecting a girl really changes anything?
>>
>>89340978
What was said was subjective bullshit. The movie had a few good parts most of the clips don't show that. I'm just going to stop now you clearly care too much. You should work on making Justice League not shit synder.
>>
>>89341031
>a race that has been genetically engineering itself for years to think a certain way has a genetic disposition to wear certain clothes

no shit you dumb ass, try thinking for a second.

also

>Pa Kent sacrificing himself to protect his son's secret is bad
confirmed to never have had a loving father
>>
>>89340971
This is called moving the goalposts.

Hell, we can mention multiple movies here on Wolverine's place, like DOFP or first class, the Hellboy movies and so on.

This is just an stupid execuse that you developed to feel persecuted, like the millenial that you are.
>>
>>89341063
> Every time someone either defend MoS or BvS with good arguments or examples people resort to the 'Rotten Tomatoes' rhetoric where none of what was said matters because the "movie is just".
>>
>>89340407
The movie was great.
>>
>>89341080
>no shit

Are you seriously defending this?

This is stupid as fuck and exchange kid Clark childish glee for genetic imposition TO WEAR DETERMINED TYPES OF CLOTHES.
>>
>>89341084
thats not what moving the goalposts means though, in his very initial post he specifically stated it was about Superman and you brought up wolverine out of nowhere.
>>
>>89341031

>We are talking about a movie that explained kid Clark playing with a cape with him being geneticaly manipulated to like capes.

That wasn't in the movie, though. Interviews don't count for shit.
>>
>>89341105
this, honestly

>>89341126
>a race that has been genetically engineering itself for years to think a certain way has a genetic disposition to wear certain clothes

learn to read
>>
>>89341080
Everything that Pa Kent did was show to be bad tho and the sacrifice was needless.

Also it is hilarious how snyderfags resort to insults when someone points out shit writting.
>>
>>89341126

Can you tell me the scene where it is explained that Clark wore cape as a kid because he's predisposed to it by genetic manipulation? Was Jor-El that told him this?
>>
>>89341165
>Everything that Pa Kent did was show to be bad tho

but everything Pa Kent did was shown to be good tho and everything he worried about ended up coming to fruition
>>
>>89341165

You've been insulting everyone in the thread. You've even called people here as Zack Snyder, as if he had a personal vendetta against the director and he followed you everywhere.
>>
>>89340407
It's kinda neat that they could have just done something like this and not done another fucking origin for a guy whose origin everyone in the world knows.
>>
>>89340407
The movie was a disaster OP, made just to fuck up the family of Superman's creator.

No surprise that it is shit.
>>
>>89341209
eh idk about that, comic readers do, but there hasnt ever been a flat out origin movie before.
>>
>>89341200
>everyone is just one person

Good one, snyderfag.
>>
>>89341210
>IP count doesnt go up

really makes you think
>>
>>89341210

>made just to fuck up the family of Superman's creator.

That's a lie.
>>
>>89341193
No, everything went bad because of him.

Superman became emotionaly scared and barely sane because of him.

He also never showed to the world on his own terms, making his reception better.

Again, because of him.
>>
>>89341255
You should research a bit more. Evento Wikipedia shows it.
>>
>>89341193
>and everything he worried about ended up coming to fruition
Only because Clark listened to him and didn't present to the world the idea of an altruistic somebody who just happens to come from space. Usually the way things go is that Supes sets the precedent, and then when Zod shows up the public is like "sure am glad Superman's one of us!"

With this we have an alien announcing "Hey there's one of us hiding on your world, where is he" and then, from the perspective of the Earthlings, they get buttfucked by a spaceship and one of their cities is trashed, and then the guy that they've been allegedly looking for is the one that breaks half the city (and Smallville) in a fight and then decides he's gonna fly around saving people while looking solemn and doing nothing to protect their state of minds. How the fuck is the public meant to trust that? The only difference in BvS is that Supes dies in the process of fighting someone else like him, and suddenly the whole world mourns him? Bullshit. They weren't mad at him for causing the DC explosion they were mad he didn't stop it. Finding the culprit doesn't erase that they should still have been mad at his ineptitude.
>>
>>89341273
>He also never showed to the world on his own terms, making his reception better.

Did you miss that whole interview scene with Lois? He started too and then he saved the world right after, which is why half the world loves Clark.

And none of that had to do with Pa Kent yo, and Clark is perfectly sane. Your ramblings are shit m8.
>>
>>89341228
What?

The first superman movie had an origin sequence.

It's also been brought up in EVERY tv show for the property.

Superman's origin is quite possibly the best known origin amongst any comic book character.
>>
>>89341289

I've read all the interviews done by Goyer, Nolan and Snyder about the movie. Have you?

The project started when Goyer decided to play with a Superman script, then Nolan liked and helped him pitch it to the executives, then both of them worked on the script together. They had no ill intent with it. They just wanted to do their take on Superman.
>>
>>89341330
There's an entire 9 season origin tv show, too, smallville.
>>
>>89341310
he saved the world man, your criticisms are just flat out wrong because in BvS it shows that half the world loves him.

also

>its bad because its now how like it usually is

top kek
>>
>>89341330
>>89341349
>an origin sequence
>an origin tv show
>same as an origin movie

learn to read
>>
>>89341317
He see alucinations of his dead dad that killed himself in front of him rambling about screams of agony of dying horses.

He never had a girlfriend and friends for 33 years of his life. He just talks with Lois and his mother.

Knightmare shows that Lois dying would make him snap into a maniac monster.

Yeah....seems pretty sane....
>>
>>89341310

Superman was beloved by the people in the beginning of BvS. That's what sets the whole conflict with Lex. Superman even had a statue in his honor built in Metropolis.

For example the congress committee on Superman, something created to cull Superman's actions, was so desperate to nail something on Superman that they ended taking any witness they could get from the African massacre.

Go watch the movie again. You didn't payed enough attention the first time.
>>
>>89341382
Superman the movie literally has his entire origin in it.

Right up to teenage clark dealing with having powers he can't show people in smallville to his first meeting of lois lane.

The only thing it's missing is jor el actually inseminating his wife.
>>
File: 1483938221668.jpg (975KB, 5400x2250px) Image search: [Google]
1483938221668.jpg
975KB, 5400x2250px
Man of Steel is legitimately the most emotionally powerful superhero film of all time

Spiderman1/2 and BvS come close though
>>
>>89341405

>He never had a girlfriend and friends for 33 years of his life

This was never stated or shown in MoS. He worked really well with his various co-workers on the oddjobs he would get.
>>
>>89341347

In 2009, a court ruling resulted in Jerry Siegel's family recapturing the rights to Superman's origins and Siegel's copyright. The decision stated that Warner Bros. did not owe the families additional royalties from previous films, but if they did not begin production on a Superman film by 2011, then the Shuster and Siegel estates would be able to sue for lost revenue on an unproduced film. Producer Christopher Nolan pitched Goyer's idea after story discussion on The Dark Knight Rises, and Snyder was hired as the film's director in October 2010. Principal photography began in August 2011 in West Chicago, Illinois, before moving to Vancouver and Plano, Illinois.
>>
>>89341405
>alucinations

what's an alucination
>>
>>89341452
Nigga never was show talking with any of them.

Being friends =/= being on the same room as someone.
>>
>>89341492

He defended his co-worker from the sleazy truckdriver. She was even concerned about him when he went to talk with the guy.
>>
>>89341405
>He see alucinations of his dead dad
Pleb detected, him talking to his dead dad is Superman 101, they even do it in Smallville. Also learn to spell.

>He never had a girlfriend and friends for 33 years of his life.
Its implied that Pete Ross is his friend since his mom comes over to his home and he is at Clark's funeral. Also there are plenty of comics that show young man clark wondering or being a loner. Like Birthright and Secret Identity.

>Knightmare shows that Lois dying would make him snap into a maniac monster.
We dont even know if it was real, and there have been multiple comics that have shown the exact same thing happening to Superman.

You are such a pleb it hurts.
>>
>>89341455

Still doesn't mean that Goyer, Nolan and Snyder made MoS deliberately to fuck Superman's creators.
>>
>>89341421
yeah but it cuts a big slice of time out of his life that MoS shows. But whatever, if you dont like that MoS was an origin thats fine, it didnt bother me. It had been roughly 40 years since the last origin Superman movie.
>>
>>89341450
beautiful
>>
You know how literally everything in MoS would've been fine if Clark was never sent to Earth? Zod never would've come, millions wouldn't have died in a big dumb battle at the end.
>>
>>89341551
I'm just saying, there was an origin film, the literal first movie, and his origin was covered in media for literally 60+ years.

That was my point.

The origin has been done again, and again, and again, and again, and there wasn't anything special about what man of steel gave us.

Hell, it had a worse discovery of his kryptonian origins sequence than the first movie, had.
>>
>>89341566
but thats true for actual Superman too. Zod would never have to come to earth in the comics if not for Superman. Lex would never turn evil if not for Superman. Brainiac would probably not have to come to Earth if not for Superman,

Come on, dont be a pleb.
>>
>>89341541
Just the studio who greenlighted it as quick as possible.
>>
>>89341605
idk I think it was a fine discovery scene, not amazing or anything, but the metal living tech was cool. And I liked that they turned krypton into, basically, Plato's Republic and made it more directly tied into Zod and Doomsday.

But if you didnt thats fine, and I also say I accept your point and admit that previously I was wrong.
>>
>>89341627

In Grant Morrison's Action Comics run pretty much all the villains either came to Earth or became evil because of Superman.
>>
I like Man of Steel.
>>
>>89341627
>Lex would never turn evil if not for Superman.
Wut? Lex was always evil, and Brainiac was wrecking shit all over space and could have easily eventually come to earth without superman.
>>
>>89341675

>Lex was always evil

Was he?
>>
>>89341531
Show me a comic of superman talking with ghost pa kent.

>huuuur pleb
Also, why snyderfags act like shillary supporters?
>>
File: Superboy.jpg (101KB, 450x397px) Image search: [Google]
Superboy.jpg
101KB, 450x397px
>>89341675
>Lex was always evil
>he hasnt read Red Son
>he hasnt read Golden Age
>he hasnt read one of the other countless stories where Superman never came and Lex was good

confirmed for biggest of plebs
>>
File: adventure271_08.jpg (355KB, 921x1324px) Image search: [Google]
adventure271_08.jpg
355KB, 921x1324px
>>89341675
>Lex was always evil
>>
>>89341566
see
>>89341667
>>
>supes levels an entire city block fighting someone in the cartoons
>this is ok
>man of steel shows his fight with zod leveling downtown metropolis
>OMG MAN OF MURDER SNYDER IS A HACK HE DOESNT UNDERSTAND THE CHARACTER AT ALL

Every time.
>>
>>89340596
>>89340613
>>89340631
>>89340647
>>89340699
>>89340729
>>89340913
>>89341255
>>89341672
>>89341752
(((Synder))) please stop posting on this board. Don't you have better things to do.
>>
>>89341707
In almost every interpretation, and definitely since COIE.

He's a ruthless businessman who literally destroys people if it benefits him.

In his earliest incarnations he was just a mad scientist/professional asshole.

The only interpretation where superman "made" him evil was the goofy superboy comics where superboy made him bald and that's why he hates him, but he was a total dick before that, too.

>>89341709
Not him, but in the films, talking to dead krypton dad is standard, and in smallville it's usually that also but taking the form of jonathan.

However, the last issue of the funeral for a friend series has pa kent's spirit talking to superman's spirit between worlds.
>>
>>89341709
they literally just did it in Trinity two months ago.

also
>>89341782
>>
>>89341782
in Red Son it shows Lex being good because Superman didnt land in America
>>
>>89341627
>in the comics Metallo wouldnt exist without Superman
>the kryptonite man wouldnt exist without Superman
>Myx wouldnt terrorize earth if not for Superman
>Bizarro wouldnt exist without Superman

MOST of his villains exist because he does
>>
>>89341721
>Well in elseworlds!

Yeah, and?

I also mentioned the superboy comic here

>>89341782

And I'm not sure you guys are aware but young lex in that was a narcissistic complete douchebag before losing his hair. He pretty much liked superboy because he thought himself to be his equal, and literally when he fucks up on his own he finds an excuse to hate superboy because, again, colossal fucking dick.
>>
>>89341752
I think people might not have been so turned off if Snyder hadn't made the carnage so personal. You can literally see millions of innocent people being thrown into the sky and smacked back down by the World Engine, to say nothing of the evocative 9/11 imagery of people running away from plumes of dust while buildings are toppled with innocent people trapped inside.
>>
>>89341347
Snyder was attached because he wouldn't do any rewrites, which take time. How do you explain that rush to production?

As good practice for the six weeks they gave to write Suicide Squad?
>>
>>89341812
Red son is also an elseworlds story, where all sorts of shit is different than it typically is.

Lex in mos media that's been tied to actual core canon has always been a piece of shit.
>>
>>89341852
well good thing Lex in BvS was evil before Superman showed up too

and the golden age isnt an elseworld m8
>>
>>89341859
No you don't get it. It's not fair to take the thing that's shown to be bad and think it's a bad thing that happened. Framing doesn't matter!
>>
>>89341859
>You can literally see millions of innocent people being thrown into the sky and smacked back down

kek no you cant

>muh 9/11

get over it
>>
>>89341885
im just saying, the idea of Lex being good without Superman has precedent. Wasnt good Lex in CoIE from a world without Superman?
>>
>>89341859
>how dare Snyder show a bad event as being terrible and bad
>>
>>89341859
Think of all the innocent people in those buildings that died during Supes' fight with Captain Marvel in that Justice League episode. Where is the outrage there?
>>
>>89341902
>and the golden age isnt an elseworld m8

I didn't say it was, did you actually read that whole post or just the first two lines?

You want to go back to golden age? How about his first appearance, where he's a mad scientist living in a floating fortress and plotting to start a war for kicks?
>>
>>89341926
No, good lex in COIE was from a world where everyone who was evil was good and everyone who was good was evil. Earth 3, with the evil justice league.
>>
>>89341972
first appearance =/= origin, but yeah BvS Lex was a mad scientist who had a fortress at the end that WAS floating, does that count?
>>
>>89341996
oh okay, thanks
>>
>>89341859
see i actually like that, i really despise when you have an action or superhero movie that has tons of violence and cities being destroyed and people being shot and so on and it's all hidden

if you're going to do a movie about superheroes and the consequences of them, which many MCU movies have done, and the Nolan films have done, it's stupid and dishonest to protect the audience from any of the actual impact of the violence. it reminds of spielberg doing crystal skull vs spielberg doing the original trilogy. it's dishonest kiddy shit.
>>
>>89341969
That was an empty new city lex built to house poor people.

It was all a setup to make them fight there so lex could make superman look like a vindictive asshole.
>>
>>89341999
His character was literally created as a generic evil mad scientist.

The only origin he has where he wasn't a bad person at heart were in elseworlds, and superboy from then even paints him as not being an actually good person, either, but an egomaniac.

I'm sorry, but you don't know what you are talking about.
>>
>>89342059
>being a bad person means you are a super villain

also all I was trying to say is that there is precedent for Lex being good without Superman, but the point of this entire discussion was that most of Superman's villains exist because of him, like Zod, Metallo, etc.
>>
>>89342013
Going by that logic then, you could argue that downtown Metropolis in MoS was actually evacuated and empty by the time Clark and Zod started fighting. It's when they took the fight away from ground zero that there were (possibly) civilian casualties.
>>
File: 1372487426584.jpg (100KB, 600x877px) Image search: [Google]
1372487426584.jpg
100KB, 600x877px
Hey guys, remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgrvm6OI_9Q
>>
>>89342088
>>89342088
>there is precedent for Lex being good without Superman
That came decades and decades after precedent for him just being a cunt.

There's more actual precedent for canon in universe material of him just being evil than there is of him being evil because of superman by a huge margin.
>>
>>89342111
MoS trailers were the fucking bomb
>>
>>89342112
again, being a cunt doesnt make you a villain, but fine even if you are right about that you autist learn to read

>the point of this entire discussion was that most of Superman's villains exist because of him, like Zod, Metallo, etc.
>>
>>89342106
It's not going by that logic, it was literally told to you, like twice, in that episode.

The fight broke out at the christening event for bringing the new city online.

How could you miss this?

Also, I'm not the guy who was arguing with you about man of steel, but clearly people died in their fight.

BvS literally told us they did. Showed us, too.
>>
Man of Steel is a great movie

the fuck
>>
>>89342112
>these comics dont count because

come on you autist
>>
>>89342111
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6DJcgm3wNY

I think this was my favorite.
>>
>>89342140
yeah im not the guy you are arguing with either, but I think its fine that people died in a fight. Thats what happens.
>>
>>89342139
When I say being a cunt, you know what I mean.

First luthor, literally starting wars for fun. Stealing earthquake machines to destroy shit for fun. Building death machines of all types. Post COIE luthor, literally satan running a massive corporation and doing all sorts of evil shit.

I'm not arguing with you about other villains, just this one because you are wrong.
>>
>>89342143
yeah, people will always be salty though.

>>89342173
fine, I admit I was wrong except that there is SOME precedent for the idea. Smallville did it too.
>>
>>89342152
>There's precedent for him being good
>There's more precedent, that's actually in canon, for him not being good
>You autist!

Good job.
>>
>>89342188
i have genuine respect for people who admit they're wrong in internet arguments instead of just leaving the thread
>>
>>89342201
but no one is saying there isnt precedent of him being evil, just that there IS precedent of the opposite too. Come on.
>>
>>89342215
Thank you.
>>
>>89342188
Again, I didn't say it didn't happen in some media, just that the media it does happen in are by large typically unrelated to the core universe/story, and some of those are blatantly universes where things are supposed to be totally flipped around.
>>
>>89342224
>>89342201
but i shouldnt have called you an autist, I apologize
>>
>>89340407
>121 posts
>22 posters

Funny, there's usually more people arguing in these autistic threads.
>>
>>89342234
alright, fair enough, I conceed
>>
>>89342143

Not Disney though, so it has to be shit
>>
>>89342224
I acknowledged the precedent, you just didn't like that I pointed out that most of it has nothing to do with the actual canon stories/comes from elseworlds stuff that's known for radical shifts in characters.
>>
>>89342168
I still want this movie to be real.

Not the trash fire we got, but the movie that's in this trailer. I want it to exist so bad.
>>
File: comic movies.png (4MB, 2291x1076px) Image search: [Google]
comic movies.png
4MB, 2291x1076px
>>89340407
Rekax dude.

At best the DCEU is just a bunch of bad, terribly edited and full of plot hole movies that you have to turn off your brain to enjoy.

You have a writter that is ashamed of super heroes, and a director that has a track record of being a terrible storyteller and that seems to be as brain demaged as Leto's Joker.

The real issue is the corporate dogs, the patethic guys that will defend anything because it has their favorite company logo on it, its characterfags and people who are basicaly plebs. These guys usually try to lower the quality of discussion of the board, and mostly show to executive that they don't have to try to make good movies.

Let's talk aboout real good movies instead?

>>89342244
Usually not very much.

In the Pro-Snyderverse threads barely have 35 IPS, and mostly are people calling them fags, snyderfags like to samefag a lot.
>>
>>89340615
It was more that no one was willing to work with the time frame or script as it was. Snyder is known to work fast and willing to work with producers, which is a big thing in the business. You have to also remember Snyder didn't want the direct to begin with either.
>>
>>89342467
i don't think i've ever seen a worse one of these
>>
>>89340736
I know I'm taking the bait, but wouldn't there be more people of color working on farms in Kansas than in a city? Or at least, because of the small populations and no major city for miles that Clark would have been exposed to people of color for a longer period of time than living in a city? Also, if you live in a city and you're around a black guy or whatever it's not like you really know them. Hell, if anything living in a major city is more isolated than living out west due to the fact that you really don't interact with as many people. You kind of get sick of that shit really early on and become more focused on your own goals/life seeing as nobody else has any reason to give a shit about you
>>
>>89342467
>snyderfags like to samefag a lot.

you mean hold a conversation?
>>
What was the purpose of this if they don't seem to want to deliver on it? Are they afraid of their own source materials?
>>
>>89340407
You are autistic.
>>
>>89340407
This is what happens when an entire universe revolves around batman

All the movies has to be grim and gritty just like batman
and batman has to beat all the superhumans because he's a human just like me XDD
>>
>>89341943
Then why have we had to sit through three years and counting of whining about the bad event being treated as bad by the audience?
>>
>>89341667
I don't see how citing mediocre runs that DC is already doubling down on retconning away makes for a good defense.
>>
>>89343548

Nobody wants to see Snyder reenact A Death in the Family, not even Snyder.
>>
>>89341771
>gets btfo and has no argument
>go away x
quality 4chan debate
>>
>>89342111
this is the kind of feeling they need to put in JL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_SMEEvwum8
>>
>>89343548
To show how long Batman has been in Gotham fighting and what the he has sacrifice in his impossible mission. It's not that hard to comprehend.
>>
>>89340407
>breaks my heart
>autistic
>edge lord
>no one is happy

stop
come back tomorrow
try again, this time with less memes
>>
>>89344220
I am never paying any shit to Warner Brothers again tho.

Its always "the next movie will be the GOOD ONE! Sorry for the last shit! Please, give us another chance! P-please!"

I did it with SS and boy....it was a good move.
>>
>>89344437
Suicide Squad was ripped apart and turned into a Marvel lookalike because everyone kept bashing based Snyder's movies. So, you got what you wanted. Trash.
>>
>>89344459
Doesn't it say more for DC if they failed twice at both being serious and not serious?
>>
>>89341566

Probably not because Zod was tracking down all the scout ships and would have come to earth eventually
>>
>>89344514
>film is shot at night
>Batman and Superman aren't giving more winks and nods than anonymous gay soliciting sex in a public bathroom.
>"Grim dark! Show me the funnies!"
>>
>>89344459
The reshots have nothing to do wth most of the poorly done shit on the movie, like the big vilain losing to a simple bomb, or the boring fights against zombies that dont bleed, or the stupid as fuck dialogue.

They made a shit "serious" movie with bad reception, and showed their incompetence by making a shit ripoff of GOTL without anything that made it enjoyable.

Stop making execuses for this shit just because it is "muh company". You are just patethic.

>>89344594
Man, I feel pity for a tasteless faggot like you.

Look at >>89342467 to see some examples of good comic book movies with multiple tones.
>>
>>89344260
Yes it is when the audience isn't given any reason to care for his sacrifice. To make this scene effective, you at least need to add in a flashback or 2 to Batman and Robin working together to fight crime. Maybe make Batman a little bit less serious during these scenes so that later in the film there's more depth to his character when he looks up at the statue. His frustration and rage becomes all the more easier to understand and even empathize with after we see how important Robin is to him. Also, if this is going to be the real start of an expanded universe franchise why include something like this that immediately puts restrictions on to what can appear within these movies? This would be like if Iron Man started with Tony walking up to Rhody's grave wthin the first 30 minutes without ever explaining who War Machine is and never mentioning it ever again
>>
File: DOCTOR DOOM.jpg (38KB, 600x414px) Image search: [Google]
DOCTOR DOOM.jpg
38KB, 600x414px
>>89344594
>Not wanting Batman and Superman having hardcore sex with each other for 2 hours and 30 minutes
Faggot
>>
>>89344636
right cool okay, so in a movie that was already 3 hours long, we should've cut to a flashback of batman and robin on some adventure, so that this literal 5 second shot that exists merely to indicate the toll bruce's crusade takes works slightly better

i mean i think that would be cool and i'd like to see it, but the film was already extremely long and that would've been just another scene that hack critics attack
>>
File: BvSGrid2.jpg (816KB, 4800x2000px) Image search: [Google]
BvSGrid2.jpg
816KB, 4800x2000px
>>
>>89344714
This just show deeper problens on the script. Like adding scenes that would need a better build up to properly work to begin with.

Snyder weird love for movies that break basic narrative direction with multiple flashbacks, dream sequences, music sequences and monologues is just another part of the problem.
>>
File: BvSHorses.png (3MB, 1902x1903px) Image search: [Google]
BvSHorses.png
3MB, 1902x1903px
>>
File: BvSVisualForeshadowing.jpg (2MB, 4000x2604px) Image search: [Google]
BvSVisualForeshadowing.jpg
2MB, 4000x2604px
>>89344784
idk why you need so much just to accept that Batman has been doing his adventuring for so long, you are really nitpicking man. Everyone knows Batman, he just got off a whole trilogy, its fine. Relax.
>>
File: CivilWar.png (2MB, 628x3364px) Image search: [Google]
CivilWar.png
2MB, 628x3364px
>>
>>89344714
The problems found in BvS are so inherent and complex that the only way to correct them would be to rewrite the entire script from the ground up. I know i'm setting myself up for failure here, but I bet you I could cut out at least 1 hour and thirty minutes of the film and add 30 minutes of new material to help benefit the film. My idea of adding in scenes where Batman and Robin are together fighting crime is one of 2 solutions to the problem brought up by bringing up Robin's statue. The other answer is to get rid of the scene entirely as it is not needed nor does it contribute anything to the overall plot. I've seen the movie 4 times (don't ask, long story) and I have a much better grasp on the plot than the average joe because of that, but I can honestly tell you I did not remember that scene even happening until it was mentioned in this thread.
>>
File: BatmanForeverBvS.jpg (127KB, 1168x1063px) Image search: [Google]
BatmanForeverBvS.jpg
127KB, 1168x1063px
>>
>>89344784
the scene works totally fine without the flash back

people know who robin is. if they're smart, and not too busy thinking "muh superman, muh quips" they can easily make the connection between the death of robin and bruce's current psychological state.

i don't know why we have to constantly appeal to the lowest common denominator. let things speak for themselves.
>>
File: BruceImageryBvS.jpg (615KB, 1600x665px) Image search: [Google]
BruceImageryBvS.jpg
615KB, 1600x665px
>>89344835
>The problems found in BvS are so inherent and complex
aka, I hate it but I cant really say why
>>
File: BvSBruceScar.png (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
BvSBruceScar.png
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>
>>89342111
My hype was maximum. Too bad about the mediocre result.
>>
File: BvSCriminalBrand.jpg (292KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
BvSCriminalBrand.jpg
292KB, 960x540px
>>
>>89344815
>Relax

Dude, I am relaxed, I just feel pity.

WW will underperform and be bad too, and it will be fun see how fanboys and executives will freak out.
>>
>>89344845
>People know who robin is
International markets. General demographics. Also, this is a film. Even more than that, this is the start of a franchise. The reason why you need to explain each character is because there isn't any other way for the audience to know who they are aside from watching the film
>>
File: BvSFearHope.jpg (323KB, 1532x366px) Image search: [Google]
BvSFearHope.jpg
323KB, 1532x366px
>>89344863
>>89344871
they have a scar in the same place
>>
File: hzMNX3e.png (1MB, 1462x650px) Image search: [Google]
hzMNX3e.png
1MB, 1462x650px
>>89344852
it's funny how often people write super long posts saying the movie is bad in myriad ways, but they can never explain why they think it's bad.

it's because the movie isn't bad, they just don't like it. it's autistic screeching, plain and simple.
>>
File: BvSFire.jpg (110KB, 653x900px) Image search: [Google]
BvSFire.jpg
110KB, 653x900px
>>89344877
>DUDE I AM RELAXED THATS WHY I FEEL THE NEED TO KEEP SHITPOSTING IN THIS THREAD OVER A MOVIE THAT OFFENDS ME SO MUCH

kek
>>
File: 1481986794688.gif (2MB, 500x208px) Image search: [Google]
1481986794688.gif
2MB, 500x208px
>>89344878
okay dude, go find some clips of some chinamen complaining about not knowing what the costume in the batcave was and i'll get snyder to write an apology to you
>>
File: BvSFireFlowers.png (486KB, 644x922px) Image search: [Google]
BvSFireFlowers.png
486KB, 644x922px
>>89344878
>this is a film

shit, you're right, this is why the marvel movies show every character's origin in every film they're in! Its not like Robin and Batman are literally the biggest icons in the world! Its not like you are complaining about not even 5 seconds of footage!

goddamn just stop, dont you have something better to do than lose the respect of internet strangers?
>>
File: BvSGrid.jpg (1MB, 3600x1495px) Image search: [Google]
BvSGrid.jpg
1MB, 3600x1495px
>>89344908
they are so cute

>>89344890
for real
>>
File: BvSOz.png (2MB, 938x1548px) Image search: [Google]
BvSOz.png
2MB, 938x1548px
>>
File: BvSStarsReason.png (812KB, 1324x549px) Image search: [Google]
BvSStarsReason.png
812KB, 1324x549px
>>
File: BvSZodDoomsday.jpg (86KB, 718x959px) Image search: [Google]
BvSZodDoomsday.jpg
86KB, 718x959px
>>
>>89344815
The distilled colors ruin it for me. I can't enjoy looking at this. It's ugly. Not to mention the shaky cam.
>>
File: Colorful DCEU.jpg (589KB, 1200x3793px) Image search: [Google]
Colorful DCEU.jpg
589KB, 1200x3793px
>>
File: 3QNwlcV.jpg (932KB, 3456x2938px) Image search: [Google]
3QNwlcV.jpg
932KB, 3456x2938px
obligatory links for those willing to have their opinion of BvS changed

https://vimeo.com/189876347

http://pulpklatura.tumblr.com/post/141843209469/batman-v-superman-the-modern-revenge-tragedy
>>
File: DarkKnightBvS.jpg (249KB, 600x2625px) Image search: [Google]
DarkKnightBvS.jpg
249KB, 600x2625px
>>
>>89344975
see >>89344977
>>89344978
>>
File: SupermanSavior.jpg (2MB, 1919x2323px) Image search: [Google]
SupermanSavior.jpg
2MB, 1919x2323px
>>
File: SupermanAngel.jpg (738KB, 1680x1680px) Image search: [Google]
SupermanAngel.jpg
738KB, 1680x1680px
>>
File: Sem Título-1.jpg (4MB, 2144x2124px) Image search: [Google]
Sem Título-1.jpg
4MB, 2144x2124px
>>89344975
Its because Snyder is horrible when the matter is working with colors.
>>
File: SupermanDifferentNotBad.png (713KB, 1207x425px) Image search: [Google]
SupermanDifferentNotBad.png
713KB, 1207x425px
>>89344975
>shaky cam
>in still pictures

you need to get your head examined
>>
>>89344978
thats a solid grid, love the batarang shot
>>
>>89345023
this whole post means nothing, its literally just "not muh colors"
>>
>>89345025
>discuss movie
>you can't talk about anything but still images
>>
>>89345023
>>89344975
>the ip count never goes higher

really makes you think, samefag
>>
>>89345057
>I can't look at these images because of the shaky cam

thats what you said you idiot
>>
>>89344915
I mean I can masturbate to cute boys but I like to limit that to only once a week so it feels extra better

But more importantly, people are dumb. People can be really dumb. Also its kind of weird to not show something so integral to the Batman mythos like Robin. Usually we complain about how we see Batman's origin story over and over again but that's mostly in the case of one-off stories. I wouldn't have so much of a problem if it wasn't for the fact that this isn't a one-off animated film. This is the start of a universe. And this is made to make money. AKA this is made for a general audience who don't give a shit about comics. Also its just kind of lazy writing if your excuse for not showing something is because "people already know who they are". I mean, imagine how confusing Young Frankenstein would be if they didn't include the part where they say that he's related to Victor Frankenstein?
>>
>>89345023
yeah this is dumb, he's analyzing images that were chosen specifically because they're dominant with a particular color

people post the compilation on the left in response to idiots saying "dude snyder is all greyscale, bvs sucks because muted color palette." those aren't the best shots in the film, they're ones that show specifically that in BvS he doesn't use a muted color palette.
>>
>>89345085
>the movie is bad because people are dumb

well you are, thats for sure. I'm sorry if the movie was too complicated for you to understand.
>>
>>89345077
I'm not that person, but you're discussing a movie, not a painting.
>>
>>89345085
>it was so lazy when they didnt show Batman's origins in The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, how dare they have faith in their audience to remember things
>>
>>89345062
Do you want a print or something of the screem, paranoic shitposter kun?
>>
>>89345115
this is the full sentence

>The distilled colors ruin it for me. I can't enjoy looking at this. It's ugly. Not to mention the shaky cam.

all in reference to a post with a grid, in so far as that sentence is constructed, he is saying he can't look at the still image grid because of shaky cam. Come on, you are letting him make you retarded.
>>
>>89345094
People say that the movie is all gray, or all one color.

Exactly what that image talked about, it showed that Snyder doesnt know how to work with this type of scene.
>>
>IP/Post count
This thread is fucking sad. Move the fuck on people. Wait until Wonder Woman, then you'll have straws to grasp while defending the DCEU
>>
>>89345165
that image disproves both of those claims

if people were saying "this movie has several shots that have one dominant color" and people posted the images on the left, that would be dumb

but that's not what happens
>>
>>89345187
>thread made to berate Man of Steel
>stop grasping at straws to defend it

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>89345141
A grid that is made from a movie that isn't a painting.
>>
>>89345125
Yeah. It is. Like I said, people are dumb. If enough people thought that Doomsday was Abomination, then even more are going to think that this universe is an extension of the Dark Knight franchise. So to clear that, they start off by showing his origins yet again to make sure people know that this is a different take on the character. It's still shit, and you have really shitty taste for a movie it seems like you don't even like, but that's the reason why its there
>>
File: 1473904637910.jpg (167KB, 885x597px) Image search: [Google]
1473904637910.jpg
167KB, 885x597px
>>89345187
>stop liking what i don't like
>>
>>89344636
They don't need a flashback from that one scene, it gives you everything you need to know. You can see that it's Robin suit, it's on display like when you honor a dead friend and you can see that the Joker did it by all the text sprayed across the suit.
>>
>>89345215
>If enough people thought that Doomsday was Abomination,

ahaha no that never happened, and your argument is basically "every movie needs to make sure everyone understands thing 100% of the time or else its bad" thats such a shitty argument. And I love the movie.

Also you have spent all this energy and anger arguing over what amounts to less than 5 seconds of footage. Hope you are happy.
>>
>>89345207
but the post is referring to the grid itself, not the movie. The grid has no shaky came. Come on, dont be THIS retarded. For your mom's sake.
>>
>>89345262
The grid is based on a movie, which has shaky cam is it too hard for you to believe they were talking about something that the grid was referring to?
If I show you a picture of a car and you start criticizing the car should I say, no you can only criticize the picture itself, would you be right to call me an idiot?
>>
>>89345229
Which Robin. How did he die. Why does his death matter. How does his death affect the plot.
>>
>>89345262
also what shaky cam is he talking about? there's some very briefly in the warehouse fight, but that's it as far as i can remember
>>
>>89345313
The sentence, as presented, is talking about a single subject. Never is the movie mentioned or alluded to. If the person wanted to talk about the movie he should have learned how to type. Also none of the actual pictures he referred to have shaky cam in it, nor is that much shaky cam in the movies outside of MAYBE MoS' fight scene with Zod.

You are so sad.
>>
>>89345317
None of that matters outside of that we know Bruce has been at it a long time and has lost A robin. You are being autistic and grasping at nothing.
>>
>>89345317
jesus christ are you being deliberately obtuse? it's already been said a dozen times what the narrative purpose of showing that he died is

it doesn't matter which robin died, just that it's a robin. 99% of people don't even know that there are multiple robins. he clearly died in some run in with the joker, as evident by the "jokes on you" spraypaint. precisely how is irrelevant.

you're like the epitome of a comic fanboy, like the type of dude who starts "who wins in a fight, superman or goku" threads.
>>
>>89345321
idk, the guy is ridiculous and is trying his hardest to justify his stupidity.
>>
File: jl.png (709KB, 590x551px) Image search: [Google]
jl.png
709KB, 590x551px
>>89344908
I'm straight, and I would literally giggle like a gay girl if Momoa did that teased me like that.
>>
>>89345377
Thank you, I like to think I'm very artistic myself. good to see you've admitted your point is wrong and that I am right. Very humble of you, if I do say so
>>89345379
Niggers
>>
File: Shirtless-Jason-Momoa-Pictures.jpg (62KB, 728x728px) Image search: [Google]
Shirtless-Jason-Momoa-Pictures.jpg
62KB, 728x728px
>>89345407
can't possibly imagine why
>>
File: 1402527188985.jpg (36KB, 655x480px) Image search: [Google]
1402527188985.jpg
36KB, 655x480px
>>89344989
>the way that pearls wrap around that gun.
Am i suppose to get turned on to this?
it worked
>>
>>89345506
yes, yes you are
>>
File: ben-affleck-finger-face.jpg (126KB, 540x538px) Image search: [Google]
ben-affleck-finger-face.jpg
126KB, 540x538px
>>89345317
>Which Robin.
Doesn't matter. All the Robins are important to Bruce because he shared his life with them. Any of them could have die and leave the same impact on his life.
>How did he die.
Joker Killed. The details are not necessary because the details don't have any relation other plot. His death does but not he details of his death.
>Why does his death matter.
To show where Batman is in his career and why he has became cooler and pessimistic as time went on.
>How does his death affect the plot.
See post above

Are you done making a fool out of yourself. BvS is not too smart for people but it's certainly too smart for you.
>>
>>89345565
So, you don't know who died. You don't know why he died. You don't know when he died. Nor do you know why him dying matters
>>
>>89345604
you're really good at not reading
>>
>>89345407
Why snyderfags are so gay?
>>
>>89345604
>all this butthurt over less than 5 seconds of footage

I wish I was this autistic about anything
>>
>>89345632
>year of our lord 2017
>not being gay

faggot
>>
>>89345632
>being homophobic
>>
>>89345637
This is pretty weird. Somehow, the roles have reversed and the shitposter has become the straightman and the straightman has become the shitposter. I would stop if I could, but this is pretty nice. I can see why you guys do this so much
>>
>>89345669
jesus christ you've gone insane, get help
>>
>>89345632
He already stated he wants Bats to be raped in prison in his movie, and even had Affleck reveal his ass for him in a shower.
>>
>>89345632
>>89345687
>IP count still not going up

you dont need to talk to yourself so much
>>
>>89345669
>i was just pretending to be retarded
>>
>>89345687
He stated but never went through it. Unlike DC's inhouse studio that allowed Bruce & Babs to happen. That shit is more unforgivable than anything Snyder has ever said.
>>
File: bravo.gif (2MB, 891x534px) Image search: [Google]
bravo.gif
2MB, 891x534px
>>89345795
>I kinda came to the conclusion also that they couldn't really talk in their suits, um, with any credibility
>more than 4 or 5 lines and you start to notice, like wait, these are two guys ... one guys dressed up like a bat and the other has a big red 'S' on his chest, and they're being super serious about how mad they are at each other
>>
>>89340407
You can't have a character dress like that and possess the abilities he does and ever have it work in a 'realistic' setting. Superman is pure fantasy, he can only survive in a fantastical world.
>>
>>89346174
a world with aliens is not realistic anon, the setting IS fantastical. The "realistic" part is how the world reacts, which has and can be done in comics fine. God your thinking is so limited.
>>
>>89346006
and what he said =/= how the movie turned out, unlike a certain person who literally pushed his shipping materialized.
>>
>>89346442
How many lines did Supes have in costume?
>>
>>89346529
definitely more than 5, and his lack of dialogue is part of the movie in that Lex and Bruce spend the entire movie controlling/deciding the narrative through words, and justifying shitty actions through words, while Superman ends up settling it once and for all through actions. His sacrifices makes the world realize he is good and not a god (since he died).
>>
>>89346848
You talk like he had more than just a few lines on MOS.

Hell, CW Peter Parker had more lines than him there than Superman (42 on BvS) on both movies.
>>
>>89346247
>and can be done in comics fine.

You fanboys can't grasp that any attempt to be similar to comics fail because of the shit execution.
>>
>>89347134
no, he definitely had more lines in MoS than Spidey in CW, but thanks for lying.

Also, like I said, Superman's lack of dialogue in BvS is part of the movie in that Lex and Bruce spend the entire movie controlling/deciding the narrative through words, and justifying shitty actions through words, while Superman ends up settling it once and for all through actions. His sacrifices makes the world realize he is good and not a god (since he died).
>>
>>89347169
see
>>89340913
>I've seen this many times. Every time someone either defend MoS or BvS with good arguments or examples people resort to the 'Rotten Tomatoes' rhetoric where none of what was said matters because the "movie is just".
>>
>>89347134
>Spider-Man, aka, the OG Costumed quipster
>quiet.
>>
>>89340407
look around you, OP

the only happy people right now are idiots and KGB

real can change
>>
>>89347173
So the movie should be called Lex Luthor v Bruce Wayne?
>>
>>89347524
no? Since it was about Batman and Lex against Superman until Superman made Batman turn face.
>>
>>89347524
>being this dumb
>>
File: 1320035699052.jpg (32KB, 615x456px) Image search: [Google]
1320035699052.jpg
32KB, 615x456px
>>89347524
>movie is called The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas
>isn't a porno
WTF I hate Dolly Parton now!
>>
>>89340407
lots of versions of superman are deep and compelling. snyder's just isn't any of them. it's just random plagiarism and shitty OC combined in random sequence.

you know that project where different people act each scene in star wars and combine them? that's what DCCU feels like.
>>
>>89347802
see
>>89340913
>I've seen this many times. Every time someone either defend MoS or BvS with good arguments or examples people resort to the 'Rotten Tomatoes' rhetoric where none of what was said matters because the "movie is just".
>>
>>89347802
>adaptation is plagiarism

anti-snyder fags have reached a new level of stupidity
>>
File: dance off.gif (2MB, 500x185px) Image search: [Google]
dance off.gif
2MB, 500x185px
>>89347602
Star Lord v Ronan: Dawn of Guardians?
Thread posts: 254
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.